The Heirs (Unedited)

Autorstwa smilingsky

I'll be writing this book based on the popular Korean Drama, 'The Heirs'. *Update* This book was originally... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 14

1.8K 56 9
Autorstwa smilingsky

*Author's POV*
The man stood tall at the age of sixty-five, he still looked as though he was fifty. His height was just a few inches taller than Eun Sang. His head of hair was like salt and pepper, white hiding between the black strands. A hard expression hung on his face. He wore a grey suit, a blue-striped tie resting between his grey jacket and white shirt, paired with a pair of black leather shoes.

"Can I help you?" Eun Sang asked, clearly not impressed with the stranger barging in.

The man merely chuckled slightly to Eun Sang's annoyance.

Her hormones were just rising and dropping at the flick of a button. So were her mood swings.

"If there's nothing, please leave my office. I will call for the security, if you do not do so," She said, her expression dead serious.

The man shook his head, "Don't get me wrong, I'm just here to see the Doctor, I haven't been feeling well recently," His expression softening slightly, displaying discomfort to prove his point.

Nurse Park looked at Eun Sang, seeming to wonder if she wanted to call for security.

Eun Sang shook her head, "Get the registration form for the patient," She said to Nurse Park before walking back to her chair, "Take a seat then,"

The man, complied, sitting on the patient's seat located next to the doctor's desk.

"May I know where do you feel unwell?" Eun Sang asked, eyes looking at the man.

He gestured to his temple, "I get really giddy nowadays, especially when I get up from sitting,"

She nodded, "Have you been drinking any alcohol recently?"

Nurse Park entered the room with the document in hand, placing it at the desk.

"Of course, I drink it for my business meetings with the clients,"

"Any chest pains? Have you been feeling fatigue?" Eun Sang replied with more questions, getting the band for measuring blood pressure.

He nodded to her questions, "Slight chest pains,"

"We'll check your blood pressure," She informed, slotting his arm in the band, "Relax your arm,"

The device started inflating at the touch of a button.

"Are you married?" He questioned, looking at her with a curious yet amused look.

Eun Sang frowned, "Please do not talk, it'll affect the reading," Once the device stopped inflating, she turned to the computer, "Your blood pressure is a little on the high side." She typed down his diagnosis, "I suggest you go for regular check ups, as you might be at risk of Hypertension. As for your symptoms, I'll prescribe you some medication that you have to take regularly," She paused, "I advise you to go easy on the alcohol or even better avoid it. Have a balanced diet and decide intake on high cholesterol and salt foods."

Eun Sang handed him the form, "You need to fill this up, normally it's done at the front desk but something unexpected happened today," She mumbled the last few words.

The man wrote down the necessary informations, a playful grin on his lips, "You're a little cold to your patients, aren't you?"

"If there isn't anything else, my Nurse assistant over here will lead you to get your prescription," Eun Sang told him, typing the information from the form into the computer system.

He chuckled to himself lightly, getting up to follow the nurse.

Once he was gone, Eun Sang let out a breath of relief from holding back her annoyance at the patient.

Glancing at the screen where she properly read his name. Her brows knitted.

------
*Eun Sang's POV*
"Oh, Mother," I placed the phone between my ears and shoulder, "Are you both back in Seoul?"

"Yes, Eun Sang ah," I could heard rustling behind the phone, "Are you still working? We're planning to go over for a visit," She asked.

Visit? I thought, about to say yes when I realised. What would I say when they ask about Kim Tan? Do I tell them about what happened?

"Eun Sang?- It's okay, you do your work, we'll just drop off some stuff at your place, okay?" Mrs Kim informed before hanging up the phone.

I shoved the phone into my pocket, getting my stuff together.

Just awhile more, awhile more before we start dealing with that problem again. I let out a huge breath through my mouth, slinging the bag strap over my shoulder.

The automatic sliding doors opens when I'm a few feet away, leading me towards the carpark.

Just as I approached the car, I saw a tall figure resting against it, his back facing me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, the moment I was just mere meters away.

Choi Young Do turned to face me, "Here to see you,"

Letting my eyes roll at him, I unlocked the car with a touch of a button.

Right when I was about to open the car door to the driver's, the keys were swiped out of my hand.

"Yah!" I looked at him with annoyance clearly written all over my face, why is he always finding ways to annoy me?

"I'll drive," He announced.

I tried grabbing the keys back, but it wasn't working due to our height difference.

"Ah! Molla!" I shouted out in absolute irritation, surprising Young Do just a little. Everything was just getting on my nerves today.

I shut the door angrily when I got into the passenger seat.

Young Do was just staring in shock, "Did someone make you angry?"

I glared at him, "Shut up and drive,"

He whistled a low note, "Damn, the pregnancy made you so feisty-" He stopped when I continued glaring at him with a hand ready to hit him. "Arasseo, arasseo, I'll shut up," He held his hands up in surrender and started the car.

------

I felt a hand nudging me lightly, "We're here,"

I opened my eyes, rubbing away the sleep in my eyes with the back of my hands. I looked around, we were at the car park of my apartment.

Young Do got out of the car and opened the door for me.

He followed me towards the elevator when I turned to look at him, "I can go on my own now, go back,"

He shook his head, "I'll follow you upstairs,"

"Yah-"

"Just let me look after you for now, okay?" He said, turning me back around to face the doors of the elevator.

Silence enveloped us after his words. Unable to bear with the awkward silence that was to last for the whole elevator ride up, I spoke.

"The housekeeper," I started.

"Hmm?" He looked at me.

I just stared at the buttons, lighting up at the respective floors we went past.

"There's no need for her to come and clean up the house anymore,"

He hummed a reply.

Then it was silence again till the elevator dinged and opened.

I walked in front while Young Do followed behind.

"I'm home now, you can leave," I say to him when we got to the front door.

He waved his hand towards the door, "You go in first,"

I sighed, not wanting to argue against him anymore. I opened the door to see that the lights were on.

They haven't left yet?

*Author's POV*
Eun Sang entered quietly when a loud scream is suddenly heard, causing Eun Sang to jump, she looked behind at Young Do who had already stepped in behind her.

Eun Sang look at him worriedly. "I'll go in first, you wait here," He says, pushing her gently behind him.

Young Do takes an umbrella by the shoe rack, ready to hit whoever that caused the scream when Mrs Kim emerges out like a tornado, a frantic yet... excited expression on her face.

"Omona!" She screams out of shock. Young Do held a surprised expression, staring at Mrs Kim with wide eyes. "Young Do ah," She breathes out, holding a hand over her chest. Mrs Cha had came over, her lips curving upwards.

Their eyes spot Eun Sang who walked into the room, realising it was just the two mothers.

Mrs Kim forgoes Young Do existence and pulls Eun Sang gently but quickly to the couch, forcing her to sit, "You shouldn't be standing, you stand a lot at the hospital don't you?" Eun Sang stares blankly at Mrs Kim, what exactly is she saying.

Why didn't you tell us? Mrs Cha signs to Eun Sang.

"Tell what?" Eun Sang frowns in confusion.

Mrs Kim holds out the ultrasound scan of Byul in her left hand, "That you're pregnant!" She exclaims happily but quickly composed her face into an angry one, trying to be mad at Eun Sang for not telling her.

Eun Sang's eyes widens, she had forgotten to keep the ultrasound scan in the room, she wasn't planning on telling them about the pregnancy just yet, for she doesn't know what to say if they asked about Kim Tan.

"I-"

"How many months? When are you due? Is it a girl or a boy?" Mrs Kim asks excitedly.

They can't tell if it's a girl or boy yet at this stage, Mrs Cha signs to Mrs Kim.

"What did your mom say?" Mrs Kim asks.

"We can't tell if it's a girl or boy yet," Eun Sang answers briefly.

Young Do stands awkwardly by the entrance, listening to their conversation. "Oh Young Do, what are you doing here again?" Mrs Kim questions, finally noticing his presence again.

Eun Sang answered for him, "He was sending me home," Mrs Kim nods and turns her head back to Eun Sang with a smile but it quickly came off. "Wait, why is he the one sending you home, isn't Kim Tan supposed to be doing that?" She asked. "Speaking of which, where's that boy? He's supposed to be taking care of you,"

"He's overseas for business, he'll be back soon."

"Do you want us to come over and take care of you? You're all by yourself before Kim Tan comes back," Mrs Kim offers with a hopeful look on her face.

Eun Sang shakes her head, "It's okay," She says carefully, watching Mrs Kim's expression turn a little upset, "I'll be fine by myself, really. When I get a little bigger then maybe..." She trails off, not knowing how to phrase a sentence.

Eun Sang's Mother nodded, That'll be fine, it's getting late, we must get going, take care of yourself, Eun Sang ah."

Mrs Kim stared at her Friend blankly, waiting for Eun Sang to translate, "Eomma says that it's fine, you guys should get going as it's getting late,"

"Arasseo," Mrs Kim says disappointingly, getting her handbag. She looks at Young Do seriously, causing the guy to get slightly nervous, "Neo (you)," She points, "You better not try anything while Kim Tan isn't here," Mrs Kim warns Young Do who didn't respond but watched as the two ladies leave.

"Aren't you gonna go too?" Eun Sang asks, standing up from the couch.

"You're so eager to chase me out, aren't you?" Young Do says with a sad expression, jutting his bottom lip, only to earn a cushion in his face. "Ah!"

Eun Sang smirked in satisfaction, "Very," It was as though the awkward tension between them after Young Do's confession disappeared.

He rolled his eyes, "Anyways, I'll be taking you to Bo-na's wedding, I don't think Kim Tan will be back in time for it,"

"I can go there myself-"

"Bo-Na requested me to, so I'll pick you up at 8am the day after, don't be late!" Young Do announces as he walks to the front door.

------

*Author's Note*
Sorry for the slow updates! Trying my best, school is ending soon so please bear with me!
I'd just like to thank those who leave nice comments, thank you for sticking around despite my irregular updates, thank you for reading!

See you in the next update!
-Smiles: )

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

56.3K 612 28
After you bought another company in South Korea, you decided to settle down there. You never thought you would become one of the richest men in the c...
697 48 22
Kim Taehyung fanfiction Min Jiyeon (You) just moved to another school in Daegu. Your parents passed away and you started to have signs of depression...
397K 11K 74
"If one does, the other one dies." This disease never existed until these two young teenagers go to the doctor to find out they have a very rare dise...
263K 4.8K 171
NOTE: this book is under editing for spelling mistakes and sentence structures. NOTE⚠️: This book is for entertainment purposes only. ⚠️:If I see m...