Rwby: Child of Grimm: Volume...

By bentleygt500

Volume 3 of Rwby: Child of Grimm. After a fierce battle protecting Vale from the Grimm escaping the tunnels... More

Chapter 1: New Beginning
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: Kidnapped part 2
Chapter 5: Study and Sleep
Chapter 6: New Look
Chapter 7: Vytal Festival begins
Chapter 8: Mirror Mirror
Chapter 9: Bugged
Chapter 10: Lessons learned
Chapter 11: Phase One
Chapter 12: Fall
Chapter 13: Detective
Chapter 14: Interrupted
Chapter 15: The Battle Begins
Chapter 16: Family Reunions
Chapter 17: Severance
Chapter 18: Losing Heart
Chapter 19: Jackal
Chapter 20: Silver, Red and Yellow

Chapter 2: Mouse trap

3.8K 86 9
By bentleygt500

[Blake] "*Sigh~*"
[Yang] "what's up, kitty cat?"
[Blake] "it's nothing. Just thinking I might give my book away."
[Yang] "eh? I thought that was one of your favourites? I've seen you read and reread that thing so many times."
[Blake] "I know, it's just-"

The sound of knocking at the door interrupted the girls conversation.

[Yang] "who is it!?"
[Sol] "it's me. Can I come in and grab my stuff?"

Yang showed a visible look of both annoyance and disgust before she replied.

[Yang] "*Sigh* be quick about it."

The door opened to reveal the white haired boy, smiling awkwardly as he entered the room.

[Yang] "what's up with that smile. It's creepy."
[Sol] "eh? Well... this is the first time you've let me in the room since that day."
[Yang] "ah-"

An awkward silence filled the room after Sols comment, broken only by Blake moving towards the door, book in hand.

[Sol] "hey, that book..."
[Blake] "what?"
[Sol] "that's one of your favourites isn't it?"
[Blake] "not anymore."

With that, Blake walked past Sol, both Yang and Sols eyes gazing back at the moody cat Faunus.

[Yang] "what did I say? Get your stuff and get out of here!"
[Sol] "r-right!"

Sol quickly rushed into the room, collecting any belongings Ryu might have gathered before taking a moment and placing down a partially chipped and battle worn Dragons Fang in place of the small amount of items.

[Yang] "huh? Why are you leaving that here?"
[Sol] "I'm not Ryu, this isn't mine. It's better being looked after by his friends, and by Ruby."

Yang could not hold back her surprise at the boys' words and actions. A blank stare with her mouth open as Sol gave her one last smile before heading out of the room.

[Yang] "huh...maybe..."

-

Outside the dormitory, Blake has been staring out past the outskirts of the academy, seemingly deep in thought and not noticing the golden eyed boy leaning on a nearby tree behind her.

[Sol] "come here often?"
[Blake] "ah!?"

Blake let out a surprised squeak as she turned to face the one that called out to her.

[Blake] "why are you here?"
[Sol] "cause I figured you'd be here?"
[Blake] "what?"

Sol walked up beside the black haired Faunus girl, gazing out in a similar fashion as she was moments ago.

[Sol] "this is where you and Ryu spoke for the first time. You've been coming here a few times."
[Blake] "you've been following me?"
[Sol] "no, I can sense the negativity of people.
Ryu always had me making sure you guys were safe so I've come to be able to tell where you guys are most of the time."
[Blake] "that's... useful. And I guess it's good knowing that he still cared about us all that time."
[Sol] "he never wanted to leave you guys."
[Blake] "...you're different to how I pictured you."
[Sol] "eh? Is that good or bad?"
[Blake] "can I ask you something?"
[Sol] "sure"
[Blake] "what are you? Why do act like this? Why stay here?"
[Sol] "ok, well for starters that's three somethings. Um, as for what I am... I'm not entirely sure myself. I used to be a Grimm, I know that much. I act like this because of the same reason you act the way you do."
[Blake] "oh?"
[Sol] "because it's me. I don't really know or remember any other way to behave other than just being me. And as for your final question... I guess it's because I like you guys. And I, doubt Ryu would be happy if he woke up in the middle of nowhere."

Blake let out a short chuckle.

[Blake] "those were very... human answers."
[Sol] "thanks. Oh, before I forget."
[Blake] "what is it?"
[Sol] "A while back, Ryu made a promise to a couple of orphans that he'd bring his Badass Faunus huntress friend to come play with them. How about it?"
[Blake] "I...suppose that doesn't sound too bad."

With a nod, the two started walking towards the bullhead down to Vale but were halted by Sol noticing the book in Blake's hand called the man with two souls.

[Sol] "weren't you planning on getting rid of that?"

Blake looked down at the book then back at the white haired boy in front her before continuing to walk towards the bullheads.

[Blake] "I think I'll hang onto it for a little while longer.

-

[Cyan] "Let us go!"
[???] "Quiet kid!"

The male figure went to stuff a rag in the wolf faunus' mouth only to be bitten in response.

[man] "ouch! Why you little!"
[Cyan] "Mmph!?"

The men and women dressed in white and black proceeded to gag the two Faunus children as a scared young man with black hair and bespectacled green eyes received a small payment before quickly leaving, ignoring the pleading look on the kids faces.

-

[Sol] "not much farther now."
[Blake] "you seem happy."

While Blake casually strolls along the sidewalk, Sol is practically beaming, almost skipping with a bright smile plastered on his face.

[Sol] "do I? Hehe"

Blake let out a smile as they arrived at the doorstep of the orphanage, a frown forming on Sols face as their knocking was answered by the emerald eyed caretaker.

[Man] "ah, r-Ryu, right? And wh-who might I ask is this?"
[Blake] "Blake. Is something wrong? You're acting a little on edge."
[Man] "wh-what? Nothing's wrong..."
[Sol] "liar."
[Man] "w-what?"
[Sol] "you were already a coward the last time I saw you. Now you're filled with anxiety and greed. What. Did. You. Do."
[Blake] "Um? I don't-"
[Man] "it's not my fault!"

Sol grabs the now frantic man by the collar, lifting him high off the ground with abnormal strength.

[Man] "they wanted those kids because of you! It's your fault!"
[Blake] "what kids? What's going on?"
[Sol] "who has them? Where are they?!"
[Man] "at the docks. The-the White Fang."
[Blake] "what?! Why are the white fang after you?!"

Sol dropped the man who quickly ran back into  the office he considered his safe haven. Blake noticed the white haired boys fist clenched tightly and moved to calm him down.

[Blake] "Sol, Stay ca-"

Sol turned to face her, wearing a noticeably resolute expression, not angry, not upset, an eerily calm emotion is portrayed by the boy.

[Sol] "will you help me?"
[Blake] "o-of course."
[Sol] "thank you."

-

The two arrived at the docks a short while after, hiding in the shadows in preparation.

[Blake] "how many are there?"
[Sol] "I can only sense about five. It's weird."
[Blake] "what is?"
[Sol] "you'd think think someone that took out a few buildings of them would warrant more than five."
[Blake] "wait, you what?"
[Sol] "uuuh, nothing."

For a moment, Blake looked at her cohort with renewed curiosity before pushing it to the back of her mind, deciding for herself that she would have to ask about it later.

[Blake] "should we call Weiss and Yang?"
[Sol] "would they help me?"

Blake wanted to retort but withheld her statement as she realised that not everyone in the team had come to have the same level of mutual understanding as the two of them.

[Sol] "it looks like there are two up on the container to the right, one behind the middle one, one on the container on the left and one inside the middle container with the kids. Let's get the one on the left first."
[Blake] "why don't we split up and take different ones?"
[Sol] "I thought you were a bookworm? Don't you know bad things always happen when you split up?"
[Blake] "you're... being serious?"
[Sol] "There... is, also the fact that I still think something's off here so I'd rather be careful than risk you getting seriously hurt."
[Blake] "o-oh"

For a moment, Blake's cheeks became ever so slightly tinged with with a pink hue before quickly regaining her composure.

[Blake] "alright. Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 250 29
Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY series.) (Discl...
1.2K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
1.9K 44 11
I own nothing RWBY related. A boy born to an unloving family, thought to be a legend in his small village of Kirin, just a few miles from Vale. The v...
2K 42 23
IMPORTANT: I am currently in the process of remastering this story and will soon be working on the sequels. once the remastering is done I will chang...