My Husband's Girl

By aasthamishra_

Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, hi... More

My Husband's Girl
Introduction of Characters
Epigraph
Book - 1
1.1 - Alison Cullen
1.2 - Letting him go
1.3 - Helping him
1.4 - S.O.S Meeting
1.5 - Asking Him
1.6 - Drowning Sorrows
1.7 - Her Feelings
1.8 - Her Outburst
1.9 - The Gala [ I ]
1.10 - The Gala [ II ]
1.11 - Trip to Miami
1.12 - The Holiday
1.13 - Beach Day
1.14 - The Accident
1.15 - Aiden Clarke
1.16 - The Surprise
1.17 - His Jealousy
1.18 - The Kiss
1.19 - Happy Wedding Anniversary
1.20 - The Bacheloratte Night
1.21 - The Wedding
1.22 - Goodbyes
1.23 - The Funeral
1.24 - Sapphire Kingsley
Book - 2
Introduction Of Characters
2.1 - Her New Life
2.2 - His Proposal
2.3 - Nathan
2.4 - His Blue Eyes
2.5 - Alison or Sapphire?
2.6 - Dine With The Cullens
Extra - 1
2.8 - Visit to the Doctor
2.9 - The Baby Shower.
2.10 - The Phone Call.
2.11 - The Ride.
Extra - 2
2.12 - The Storm
2.13 - The DNA Test
2.14 - Goodbye Dinner
2.15 - The Interview.
2.16 - His Arrival
2.17 - New Home
2.18 - The Talk
2.19 - Comforting Him
2.20 - The Note
Extra - 3
2.21 - The Carnival
2.22 - Treasure Hunt [ I ]
2.23 - Treasure Hunt [ II ]
2.24 - Let the Game Begin.
2.25 - Partner in Crime
2.26 - A Day with Emily
2.27 - The Baby
2.28 - Story of Alison Cullen
2.29 - Taking a Break
2.30 - The Kidnapping
2.31 - Saved and Lost
2.32 - The Decision
Epilogue
A/N
Bonus Chapter - 1
Author's Note
FAQ

2.7 - The Dinner

250K 8.8K 406
By aasthamishra_

I turned around to see a raven beauty with piercing blue eyes. She was curvy but she looked beautiful than a skinny person. The girl was dressed in glimmering black, skin-tight, short dress. My smile flattered when I saw her looking at me up and down with shock and disgust. What did I even do to her?

"So it is true, you really are back," she said while continuing to look at me with that same look.

I frowned in confusion "I... never left?" I answered but it came out more like a question. What did she mean by I'm back? I don't know any of them, to begin with. Ian and Mr.Brown looked at me with wide eyes but a proud smile and then at a red faced, scowling.... Oh! Yeah, I don't know her name.

"I still didn't get your name" words left my mouth before I can stop them. Honestly, I had no intentions of addressing her as Mrs because for some reason she gives me bad vibes.

"It's Ashley... Cullen" She said.

Is it just me or she stressed on Cullen more than necessary. "Ashley" I repeated but she stopped me. "It's Mrs.Cullen for you," she said arrogantly. Ian clenched his jaw but didn't say anything. From everyone's composure, I was sure nobody liked her.

"I'll prefer Ashley because I don't see any reason for me to treat you with respect" I answered with a smile. I turned around and walked further inside. I heard low snickers from behind me and then boots falling on the tiled floor. Caleb came beside me with a smile. I smiled back at him. Suddenly I bumped into someone. I looked down to find the same boy from the cafe.

"Nathan!" I smiled and crouched on my knees in front of him.

"Saph!" He smiled at me.

"Oh! So we're now on nickname basis, huh? " I smiled teasingly. He grinned at me, he looked more adorable as his front two teeth were missing. "I can't prono..." He frowned when he couldn't get the words out. "Pronounce?" I offered. He smiled and nodded furiously.

"That that, I can't prounce your name," he said with an innocent smile. I smiled just the same way when Raine and Ryker pronounce the big words wrong. "You can call me Saph" I replied.

His eyes shifted to Caleb beside me. "This is Caleb, my friend," I said. Caleb crouched down beside me with a pout. "Only a friend?" My heart pounded when he said that. I looked at him with surprise. He chuckled at my look "I thought we were best friends" he clarified. I sighed and nodded. "Yes, best friend," I said while looking at Nathan who was busy looking at something behind me with a look of fear. I turned around and saw Ashley glaring at Nathan.

"It's my bedtime. Goodnight" he said to me and ran away. I was about to call for him but he ran faster than his short legs could take him. Caleb helped me up and I looked at Ashley who was looking at me while Ian and Mr.Brown talked to her furiously but seems like she wasn't listening.

I've never hated someone in just a few minutes after I met them but they say there's a first time for everything and Ashley is the first person.

Then I remembered the red bruises under Nathan's sleeves the day I met him in the cafe. Does Ashley torture him? If she does I will personally rip out her hands.

"She's not going to disappear even if you continue to glare at her" Caleb whispered in my ear making me slightly jump. "I wish she could" I mumbled and pulled a smile on my face as Ian and Mr.Brown walked towards us. "I'm sorry about that" Mr.Brown apologized.

"No need to," I said but my stomach chose to grumble at that moment. I blushed all shades of red while all the three men chuckled. "Seems like someone is hungry" Ian teased. If it was possible I blushed more. "Let's not tease the young lady" Mr.Brown scolded sternly but a teasing glint in his brown eyes. "Marie, please set the dining table" Ian yelled.

A lady, late in her fifties came walking down the hall. She was dressed in black dress with a white apron around her waist. Her eyes were down the whole time, she set the table. Her silver hair was sleeked back in a tight bun while wrinkles covered her beautiful face. I bet she was a beautiful lady when she was young. I looked at the dishes in front of me and frowned when I saw all the dishes were my favorite. How do they know my favorite dishes?

"Is there something wrong, Sapphire?" Ian asked with a look I quite can't explain. It's a look when people know the answer and still ask the question.

"No, everything's fine" I answered. The maid looked up at m, finally and tears brimmed her eyes. Confusion covered my face. "Excuse me" she excused herself and ran inside.

Is it just me or everything seems strange?

I shook off the feeling and raised a brow when Ian and Caleb both pulled the same chair for me. They looked at each other then at me. I nervously smiled at them and sat down, mumbling a soft 'thanks'. Ian sat on the head chair while I sat on his right and Caleb beside me. I looked at all the delicious food with a smile. I forgot how it felt, someone cooking for you a feast and you just sit on the chair and devour the delicious food.

I had several questions swirling in my mind, like how do they know my favorites? Why did Ian say that this house is just like his wife wants? Ashley didn't look like a girl with such choices. Most important question why do people look at me like they couldn't believe their eyes and like they know me? I was 100% sure I had never met anyone of them.

"I'm sorry my wife couldn't join, she's not well," Mr.Brown said and he came downstairs and sat on the chair on the other end of the table. Ashley walked down, minutes after Mr.Brown and sat on the left side of Ian.

Soon dinner was served and everybody started eating dinner. The entire dinner was silent except the clanks of forks and knives. Ashley's eyes were on me the entire time. Instead of looking away I looked back at her, it was like having a staring competition. She was the first one to avert her eyes. I smiled in satisfaction and continued eating my dinner.

We walked back in the living room after we finished having desserts "The food was delicious" I commented with a smile. "Thank you" Ian replied back. "We are having a small party tomorrow with all my family for my best friend's wife's baby shower. Why don't you guys join us?" He asked. My brows shot up at that. Why is he inviting us to a baby shower which I'm sure is only for the family? I remember my baby shower where there were only Caleb's parents, him and me.

I glanced at Caleb who had the same confused look on his face. "Sure" I answered. I didn't have the heart to decline such a sweet offer and in fact, it's better if there were more people for the baby shower. The baby gets more blessings.

Ian smiled widely at that "Great!" He turned around and walked towards the door to see us off. Mr.Brown behind us. It was like he was always keeping me under his eyesight because he still can't believe I'm here, but why?

I walked towards him and embraced him. "Thanks Mr.Brown for inviting us," I said. He smiled back at me. "You can call me dad" when he said that my smile flattered and so did his. For a moment we just stared at each other. He shook his head and then the smile returned on his face "or Nick" he added. I smiled back at him "Okay, Nick". He hugged me one last time before Caleb took my hand and together we walked towards his car. He opened the door for me and after I was settled, he shut the door and walked towards the driver's seat. I looked at Ian through the side mirror. His pain struck face confused me but then again, the more I spend time with The Cullens, the more I get confused. I massaged my temple as the pain announced its presence. A warm hand touched my hand that rested on my lap. I looked at it and then at Caleb who was glancing at me worriedly. "I'm okay" I answered his unasked question.

Soon we reached home and found Sophia on the couch with Raine and Ryker on either of her laps while her hand rested on their heads. All three were fast asleep. I chuckled at the sight and Caleb did the same behind me . I walked towards Sophia and shook her by her shoulder. She groaned and opened her eyes slowly.

"Oh! Hi Sapphire" She was about to wake up when I stopped her. "You can sleep here for the night," I said. It was already mid night and I had a feeling that it's not safe for her to leave, alone. She contemplates but her yawn decides for her. I chuckle and pick up Raine while Ryker was picked up by Caleb. "You can take the guest room," I said over my shoulder while walking towards the kids room. I laid Raine on the bed and brushed few tendrils from her face and covered her with the duvet. I turned around to find Caleb doing the same to Ryker. "You can stay here too," I said to him. He did look a little tired to me. "Where should I sleep then?" He asked as we exited the kids room and closed the door behind him, keeping it ajar. "The couch" I simply answered. He rolled his eyes and did as asked. He took his clothes from the guest room and changed in my room.

"You can sleep here," I said pointing towards the bed. "With you?" He asked, pointing towards me. I nodded in reply. "As long as you promise to keep your hands to yourself," I said and removed some comfy clothes from my closet and walked in the bathroom.

My bathroom wasn't lavishing. It just had a white bath tub tucked in the corner with the shower on the wall. A small cabinet with my essentials, a mirror, a wash basin with a counter, a toilet pot and that's that. I sighed and changed into my comfy clothes before walking out to find Caleb laying on one side of the bed and already snoring. I shook my head at him and threw the duvet on him. I got under the sheets and was out like a light. I remembered I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, for my head check up. I hope there's nothing serious.

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767K 49.3K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...
376K 37K 72
| 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | Akanksha, a forensic expert and her husband Vihaan, a CBI officer must work together through the gulf in their marriage to catch...
934K 44.9K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
2M 64.9K 40
"Ian? Please. Why are you not answering me?" Lisa shouted raising her voice to probably gain his attention. "You want to know the truth?" Ian replied...