The Alpha's Done. Rucas Fanfi...

By taylorcochran93

She was beautiful. I was doing fine, I didn't need a Luna. I didn't want a mate. Until I saw her. More

Chapter 1. Croquembouche.
Chapter 2. Devil's Food Cake.
Chapter 3. Cannoli.
Chapter 4. Linzer Torte.
Chapter 5. Macaroon.
Chapter 6. Lemon Bars.
Chapter 7. Strawberry Shortcake.
Chapter 8. Angel Delight.
Chapter 10. Fruit Tart.
Chapter 11. Sorbet.
Chapter 12. Apple Pie.
Diagram.
Chapter 13. Brownies.
Chapter 14. Cupcakes
Chapter 15. Molten Lava Cake.
Chapter 16. Cronut.

Chapter 9. Brownies.

1K 40 22
By taylorcochran93

______________________

Chapter 9 – Brownies

Riley's Point of View

Chapter Song: Circles by Jana Kramer

Chapter Quote: 'Just the thought of you around, gets my head spinning in circles. Just the way you say my name gets my heart turning in circles.' – Jana Kramer

------------------------------------

"So, you're a werewolf?"

Lucas noticeably gulps, the knot in his throat pushing down before receding back to its natural position while I'm trying to process everything I've seen within the last twenty-four hours. "Yes. I wanted to tell you before our relationship got to deep."

Well, that's noble. Point for him.

When I woke up around two o'clock in the morning, Lucas was waiting for me. Green eyes were bright as they stared down at me, however my nose immediately caught the scent of the steak and potatoes he brought. My stomach made its protest known, EAT NOW, it told me. So, of course I did what was asked before hardly speaking to him. I was polite of course, saying thank you for the food and giving him casual small smiles as he ate with me.

I tired anything and everything to prolong this conversation, because I just don't know what to say. I even took note of how bare his room is. Plain white curtains billowed out from the breeze the open windows let in. His king-sized bed was rather plain, black frame with a grey comforter and surprisingly, white sheets. But aside from the nightstands and dresser, there was nothing. No random papers lying about, no pictures or anything. My room is the exact opposite of his, it's so cold which is so unlike the Lucas I've come to know. The Lucas who will hold me at any available opportunity, the one who consoled me after my landlord visited me and changed my locks while I slept peacefully, this whole room just doesn't fit him. "Thank you," he whispers breaking the deafening silence, "for not running." He tacks on, sensing my confusion.

A humorless laugh shakes my shoulders, "I think any normal, emotionally stable, human might have. Lucky for you, I'm not normal nor am I emotionally stable."

A delicious chuckle rumbles his chest, my eyes lock onto his own as they slowly die out. "You don't seem scared of the idea of werewolves."

Shrugging, I place the plate of food on his nightstand and pull the blankets up to my chest. "If you were going to hurt me, you would have by now. You've had ample opportunities and nothing. I admit, the only thing I know about werewolves are that they turn into wolves. My dad used to have a book on them, when I was twelve, that I wanted to read, but the next day when I went to find it – since there was nothing else to read in the house and I'm a nerd – it was gone."

Lucas' brows pinch together, somehow making even more adorable. How does he do that? "I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Humans in the past decade have become obsessed with supernatural creatures. It was that movie series, Moonlight or something."

"I've never seen those." He seems shocked, wide eyes and mouth agape. "Don't look at me that way. I've seen the 'Underworld' series, but that's the only thing that could relate to werewolves. I just, vampires freak me out and then you have the worst female lead. I've seen commercials, so I get the gist of the series." His chuckles prevent me from talking anymore. I just watch him, the way his shoulders move and muscles flex. Lucas is perfect physically and so far, emotionally. Nibbling at my lip, I glance up at him through my lashes. "You'll have a lot to teach me."

That shuts him up, and fast. His entire body rumbles with – what I now know to be – a growl. He closes his eyes and rolls his neck around, popping it a few times. If I didn't know any better, then my mind would immediately wander towards the idea of him being upset with me. However, that couldn't be further from the truth, because he's hovering over me and kissing me within seconds. It wasn't sweet, nor was it gentle. This kiss was a mixture between excitement and punishment. I love it. Per the norm, warmth floods the blood rushing through my veins. Safety envelopes me and my toes begin to curl in delight. "Thank you, my Goddess, thank you. Riley, you're amazing." He breathes against my mouth before pressing one more peck to my semi-swollen lips.

"I do have a lot of questions."

He nods before burying his face into the crook of my neck. Instinctually, my hands reach up and tangle themselves in his sandy blonde locks. My lips form into a frown whenever it comes to my attention that his hair is softer than my own. "I know doll. But, right now it is late and you have to be at work in a few hours. We can meet up tomorrow after you get off and I will answer anything you want to know and explain werewolf life." Isn't that overwhelming.

With those thoughts in mind, and sleep overtaking me incredibly fast, I hum in agreement.

I'll have to write down a list of questions.

***

Waking up to kisses being littered onto my face, isn't a bad way to wake up. No matter the time or what the day could bring. "Wake up, my beautiful doll." He nudges me with his nose then places a kiss on my jaw. After I'm done relishing in the feeling of his warm lips on my cheek, exhaustion hits me and my bones. Groaning in protest, I try and roll over causing him to laugh. "I know gorgeous," his fingers stroke my hair, "I'm sorry we didn't get much sleep last night. If I thought for a moment I could make you stay home then – "

My hand presses against his cheek, then his mouth, halting his words altogether. "You, shush." I peek my left eye open to see his reaction, amusement lights up his already breathtaking eyes. "How are you so awake, so early?"

Lucas kisses the palm of my hand then gently pries it away from his grasp. "On the rare occasions I do sleep, I'm up and working by now."

Blinking the sleepiness out of my gaze, my brows furrow together and my lips form into a frown. "You didn't sleep well?" I slept like a darn baby.

"Silly girl. Of course, I did. I slept wonderfully and you are entirely to blame." Leaning in, he pecks my mouth before I can roll my lips in to prevent my bad breath from escaping. Of course, now that I think about it, since he's a werewolf he might have already smelt it. Interesting. "Now, get your beautiful self-up and around. Everything you'll need is in the bathroom. I have your breakfast and lunch being packed."

A wide smile spreads across my face, it was almost painful. He just grins, my heart beats wildly from that small moment. "I'll be waiting downstairs," he tells me. "You have thirty minutes, doll." Oh darn. Huffing, I roll out of bed and scurry into the bathroom. As he said, toiletries and even clothes have been placed inside the bathroom. Mental note to ask him about these later.

Face washed, teeth brushed and hair up in a messy bun, I step out of my dress that I wore for the date last night and fold it neatly on the counter. The skinny jeans slid on with ease, the black tank top was a little larger in the chest. Which is unsurprising, I haven't been blessed in that area. Shrugging it off, I slide on the red flannel and step into the black high-tops. With a nod of approval after glancing in the mirror, I'm running out the bedroom door and locate the stairs immediately.

Bounding down the steps, Lucas standing proud in his dark jeans and plain tee shirt, waits for me at the bottom with two brown bags. If it wasn't the sweetest thing that's been done for me in years, I might have commented on how cheesy it was. "Your breakfast and lunch, doll." Before passing me the bags, Lucas leans in and kisses me once more. His forehead rests against my own while my fingers curl into the hem of his shirt, "you are the most beautiful woman in the entire world."

Fudge. "Let's go, doll." With both brown bags packed in one hand, the other intertwines with his. Sighing in content, my mind focuses in on the sparks exuding from where our hands meet.

"Does – Are the sparks we feel related to the werewolf thing?"

Becoming distracted by his wide grin is easy, he's so handsome when he smiles. Not to say he isn't handsome any other time, but the slightest hint of dimples become apparent when he does so. "Yes, they are and I cannot wait to tell you all about that later." Lifting me into the truck, the muscles in his forearm showcase themselves, even while buckling me into my seat. I'm showered in kisses once more because I got ready rather quickly, so we have time, according to Lucas. A giggle escapes my lips when he finally pulls away, "we're so relieved you accept us."

The door is shut before I can comment on the, 'we'. That doesn't stop me from bombarding him with said question as soon as he gets into the truck and is driving. "We?"

"Yes, my wolf and I."

"Interesting, so you aren't one being? You two have separate opinions? Isn't that like schizophrenic?"

Lucas snorts, squeezing my thigh in a warning. "I'm not schizophrenic. My wolf and I are one, essentially. When I'm in wolf form, or my emotions are running high, or when the full moon is out he is in control. We can communicate mentally. And unlike every other wolf I know, mine gives me hell and tends to disagree with everything I do."

"What's he saying now?" I ask, curiosity basically pouring out of me in waves.

So, does his wolf like me like Lucas? Is it because of his wolf that Lucas likes me? If I didn't promise Lucas I'd ask all questions later, then I would probably 'Google' everything. But, the want to hear the actual truth and from Lucas at that, overpowers any sort of curiosity I have. The sound of someone snorting pulls me out of my thoughts, "he wants me to tell you that he was the one who wanted roses in the bouquet we brought you. He also wants me to tell you that you look as beautiful today as you did last night."

"He's as much of a charmer as you are," my words are whispered under my breath.

Lucas shakes his head with a smirk then puts the truck into park. I'm just now realizing that we are in front of my bakery. "Well, his words were filled with grammatical errors but after years of speaking to him, I know what he's trying to say."

"Don't be rude," I gasp. "The fact he's a wolf but can speak to you is pretty incredible. No need to be picky."

Strong, calloused hands cup my face before our lips press together in another breathtaking, tummy turning, toe curling kiss. It was adorable, his hesitancy from last night. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that was his first kiss. "You are perfect for us." I hope so.

"You're perfect for me. Aside from the fact I'm a human and you're a werewolf."

Lucas frowns but shakes his head, deciding against commenting on what I've just said. "I have a few meetings today or I'd be going in with you, but I'll be here as soon as possible. When you get off, I'll answer all questions you have to the best of my ability." I nod in understanding and kiss him once more, knowing that I won't be able to get one of those for a few hours. "In honor of full honesty, I will tell you that I have guards watching you."

"LUCAS!"

Crossing my arms against my chest, I lean back against the black leather of his vehicle. Does he think I'm putting on a façade and will run away? The thought alone makes me sick to my tummy, I don't enjoy that feeling at all. "Doll, look at me. Now." No. His pointer finger and thumb clasp my chin, coercing me to look at him and because I can't help it my eyes flicker towards him. "It's purely for your protection. Being a werewolf, we're possessive and protective. I currently don't have any enemies but I'm not going to take any chances. You will have no idea who they are, or where they are. They'll only be around whenever I'm not."

Well, when he puts it that way. "I have nothing to complain about then."

With one final kiss that formed into a make out session, I'm basically skipping into my bakery with a wide grin that won't be wiped away anytime soon.

***

To my surprise, Maya didn't show up today. Which means I've been busy in the kitchen, it has literally been non-stop all day long. I've called my best friend three separate times but have had to end the phone call before it goes to voicemail to help in the front with my mom. I wish I had some extra money to hire a helping hand. That way myself or Maya could maybe take off more than one day a week. I digress, luckily, voice to text exists and I was able to find out she apparently has a migraine.

Meaning, no visitors and she may not even be in tomorrow. I hate that she has to deal with those, they run in her family. However, working by myself did give me the opportunity to think and compile a list of questions that I'm currently pulling out of my back pocket. "You literally wrote everything down?" My face turns warm from the blush that is creeping into my cheeks.

"Yes, Lucas. It's an easy way for me to organize my thoughts. Now," reaching up I press my hand to his lips and shush him lightly. He chuckles but obliges, "alright, explain the sparks."

A mischievous grin forms onto his face, "werewolves are gifted one person to spend the rest of their lives with by the Moon Goddess. Aside from the wolf inside of you just knowing, their scent and the sparks are just another way to determine who is your true mate. They also bring along a sense of security, a way to comfort your mate."

Leaning in, I press a small kiss to his scruffy cheek while kicking off my shoes. "That's really cool. So, that ball that I catered was literally wolves finding their soulmates?" Lucas nods, his face buried deeply into the crook of my neck. No wonder it was such a beautiful thing to watch, "how many wolves are there?"

My fingers tangle through his undercut, "in my pack roughly four hundred. In the world? I'm not sure."

Holy strawberry shortcake, that's a lot of wolves. Wait, "your pack?"

I can basically feel the arrogance rolling off him in waves, it would be obvious even without the cocky smirk on his luscious lips. "In packs there are leadership wolves. Alphas –

"Right, I know that from literal wolf packs. Alpha, Betas etc."

My mess of a mane begins to get tangled up in his fingers, "I'm the Alpha. The titles are usually passed down from parent to child. On the rarest occasions, said leadership wolves can be challenged for their pack position." Has someone tried to challenge Lucas? Oh cheesecakes, if he were hurt I'd probably have a conniption fit. "I don't mean to freak you out, but in the spirit of honesty then I'm obliged to say it is a fight to the death."

Gulping, I glance up at his forest green eyes and feel a familiar fuzzy feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. "H-Have you been ch-challenged?"

The fingers that were twirling my hair begin to stroke my jaw in a delicate manner. "Yes, I received the title at an early age. Most Alpha's take over at the age of twenty-one, I took over the day I turned eighteen." If the sad eyes he was trying to conceal weren't enough, then the pout of his mouth was a dead giveaway. This was a touchy subject and I should change it, immediately.

In hopes that he'll tell me eventually, I run my hand against the skin of his arm and neck in a comforting manner since I'm cuddled in his lap so close. Just the way I like it. "Next question, do you have like any special skills?"

Lucas laughs lightly, brightening the mood in my dull apartment once more. "Um, shifting into a wolf is a special-skill. Aside from that, enhanced hearing, smell and eyesight. There's also this thing we call mind-link. It's ultimately telepathy. I can speak to anyone in my pack through my mind." Oh my sweet potato pie, that's so cool. Lucas taps my nose, "once we mark and mate, I'll be able to link you as well."

"Mark and mate?"

For the first time, Lucas' normally tan skin begins to flush. Tucking his chin he tries to hide it but it is too late I've seen it and I love it. "That's so sweet." Lucas growls playfully and nips the skin of my jawline, "big bad Alpha werewolf leader is blushing. I feel honored."

"Moving on, mating is what it means in nature. Sex." That's how I choke on air. Sputtering for breath, I cough until I'm capable of breathing once again. However, Lucas' consistent circles on my back and light patting feel really nice. I may or may not have prolonged my choking. Unfortunately, he catches on rather quickly and kisses me. The sound of blood rushing and my heart pumping echoes through my ears. My stomach coils tightly while I grip onto the hem of his tee-shirt. His thumb strokes my cheekbone, fingers delicately caress the skin underneath my ear down to the crook of my neck. Shivering lightly at the gentle touch, a grin forms onto his lips. "Right here," he breathes against my lips and applies slight pressure to the junction of my head and neck, "this is where I'll mark you my doll. It'll hurt for a second." Gulp, "I'm not going to lie to you about that but afterwards it will feel," Lucas shivers slightly, clenching his eyes shut tightly as if it were almost painful to think about. "It will feel so amazing."

That I do believe, if his body language were any indication. "How do you mark me?"

Black eyes flicker up to meet mine. Gasping in surprise, he holds me even tighter. I'm sure he's afraid that I'll run. "I'll bite you."

***

A/N:

Hi my loves!

First, I am so sorry about the long wait for this chapter. Second, I am so sorry that this chapter is so bleh. I rewrote it over and over, only to erase it and start over once more. Thirdly, I just want to say thank you guys so much for the constant support and reviews/comments. You are all amazing.

Love you guys!

Word Count: 3,238

Date Published: July 19, 2017

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 119 51
Maya never knew she could love somebody. But how does she feel now?
14.9K 537 9
"Not another mate." I cried to myself as I did the most looked down upon thing for my kind. I brushed myself under my alphas neck... protecting him...
362K 7.7K 23
"I would never be mated to a fat ugly loser like you so stop looking for attention and leave!"Everyone around me started to laugh. Yes that was my ma...
32.6K 985 20
"goodbye, riley."