Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 58

133K 6.2K 2.9K
By SianaghGallagher

Scott squinted his eyes, trying to see his son in the darkness but he couldn't even see an outline. William couldn't see his brother and his concern grew. It was his duty as an older brother to look out for him and make sure everything was okay. However tonight, he was completely helpless and out of his depth.

When their surrounding became eerily quiet, the atmosphere quickly turned incredibly thick.

All of a sudden, a magnificently big electricity bolt hurled itself from the sky and landed straight onto Jacob. The entire field lit up with the creamy yellow glow of the bolt and exposed Jacob to those who could not see him.

His eyes were closed and his body was completely submerged within the electricity. It was twisting and turning around him and conditioning his godly body, mind and soul.

Jacob has never felt more relaxed in his life. His skin felt the smooth, cold texture of his power but his mind was very distant. It had been pulled into the storm and he could only concentrate on what was in his head. So far, it was empty and waiting to be filled.

"Wow," Scott breathed and stared with wide eyes and an open mouth. The crackling of the storm swelled in everyone's ears.

Hunter had a small but calm smile on his face. He didn't know why or how he knew exactly what was happening. Maybe it was due to them having a bond that was currently being invaded.

Jacob clenched his hands into fists as the electricity pulsed through his veins and dominated his heart. It was strong yet keeping him stable. He was breathing deeply when a lot of unfamiliar voices filled his head and made it almost impossible to hear anything else.

He knew who the voices were. He could detect every single one of them as the other Gods. They have connected, just like the letter said would happen. They were all thinking about each other and the Lunar cycle while their individual powers strengthened them and completed the transformation.

Jacob started to understand the world more. His intelligence was catapulting through his brain. He understood that his duty was to focus on the sky and allow the transitioning of the seasons to stay smooth. He would be in control of day and night, making sure everything worked like clockwork.

He was growing wise, spiritual, compassionate, pure and filling up with empathy. Everything about the world made sense and he could detect his place in the universe. It was not just on earth. His mind lives in the atmosphere that connects this world to others and keeps the gateway open to heaven and hell.

He was in control, he was powerful, he was robust, he was compelling and he was a leader.

All of a sudden, he felt himself change into a wolf.

Everyone gasped when he turned into the biggest white wolf anyone had ever laid eyes on. His head would be the same height as Hunter's chest, making his own wolf look a lot smaller. The silver in Jacob's fur was very vibrant while the electricity continued to surround him.

His paws were huge and he looked very muscular, even as a wolf. His ears were still floppy but no werewolf would be a threat to his sharp teeth and claws.

The witnesses watched him raise his head and his mouth was perfectly in line with the full moon as it sat just above him in the sky. Jacob's claws dug into the grass and a loud, deep howl burst from within.

Hunter's hairs stood on end when his mate cried into the moonlight. His beautiful hypnotic howl was heard for many miles, instantly waking any werewolves who were in the range of this captivating sound.

His wolf could now transform depending on his mood. His shy and timid personality would portray a puppy, his angry or moody emotions would trigger a wolf the same size as Hunter and his godly form would convert into the creation, sitting before them.

After thirty seconds, the howl subsided and Jacob changed back into his godly form. For the first time, his t-shirt ripped and left his bare chest glowing against the lightning.

While the transformation came to an end, the power decided that it was time for every wolf in the United Kingdom to know he was here and ready.

A static noise filled everyone's ears apart from William and Scott. Anthony covered his ears and scrunched his eyes shut, just like every wolf in the country.

"I am Jacota, a god of the wolves and the keeper of lightning. I am your leader, you will bow down to me." His voice was loud and even Hunter found himself respectfully bowing to his mate. Jacob didn't choose those words, they came without command. "My mate and my guardian is Hunter Rayson. Respect his presence, pack and family. We are in charge, do not disobey my words for I am your God."

As soon as his voice stopped, the static noise left everyone's head but Jacota's presence was in the sky, all over the country. Every werewolf now understood that he had arrived and he was very, very real.

Suddenly, the electricity forced its way into Jacob's palms where it belonged. He gasped and fell back from its force while the moon was covered by heavy clouds, indicating that the Lunar cycle was successful, and over.

The field was dark once more and everyone was left startled and shocked. What an astounding thing to witness.

Hunter scrambled to his feet and ran over to Jacob who had a hand on his chest, trying to slow down his fast heartbeat. He crouched in front of him and held his shoulders.

"Hey," He said softly and pulled him close. "Are you okay?"

Jacob looked into his eyes feeling very, very different. He nodded and allowed him to help him to his feet.

"I'm a God," He breathed.

Hunter grinned when he saw a different twinkle in his eye. He was much more dominant now yet he would never show it and Hunter would never admit it.

Everyone else walked over and Margo was overwhelmed by his aura. It was magnificently tough and mighty. Just his presence oozed leadership, authoritative and influential qualities.

"I can't get my head around what I just saw," Scott said and ran a hand through his hair. "How do you feel son?"

"Um, different." Jacob could feel the other Gods within him and they were somehow all combined. He didn't want to say that he felt incredibly superior but that is the only way he could describe it. What he feels, thinks and can do is no match for anyone else.

However, Jacob is humble and passive. He didn't like to think of himself as more important. He wanted to blend in with everyone else but that would never, ever happen.

When Hunter yawned, he too started to feel a little worn out. It was now after midnight and everyone was beginning to look a little rough.

"I think, I want to go to bed." When he turned and started walking towards the house, Sam furrowed his eyebrows. If that was him, he would be full of excitement and want to talk everyone's ears off about what just happened.

"But-"

Flora shushed him when her grandson followed.

"He needs his rest. I'm sure he'll be willing to talk about it tomorrow."

Hunter followed Jacob through to his bedroom. He watched him climb into bed without even changing his jeans or putting a t-shirt on. He laid on his back and watched the ceiling with a distant stare.

"Is this all a bit too much for you?" Hunter questioned and shut the door. He climbed on the bed next to him, wondering when the first task will be given to him. The letter said he'd receive it at some point.

"It's not too much," Jacob whispered. "I just need to get used to it."

Hunter laid down next to him but his eyes stayed glued to his.

"I understand."

Jacob started to fiddle with his hands and a question was making its way up his throat.

"C-Can... can you hug me until I fall asleep?" His voice was barely above a whisper and his heart thumped. He watched Hunter grin wide and snuggle close. His warmth and irresistible scent filled him with comfort and pleasure. He turned and buried his head into his shoulder as they coiled their arms around each other.

"Sleep well," Hunter whispered in his ear. His eyelids were closed and heavy. He didn't want to go to sleep but his body really needed it.

* * * * *

When half seven rolled around on the clock, Anthony knocked loudly on the boy's bedroom door. He had talked with Scott about what to do today and they both had received phone calls from college to tell them their sons were skipping too many classes.

They were not sure if they wanted them to continue with their education, not when there are bigger things for them to concentrate on. But maybe a normal day for Jacob is just what he needs.

"Boys, get up, it's a college day," Anthony yelled through the door.

Hunter woke up with his face pressed into the side of Jacob's. His arms were around him, holding him tight. Jacob had been awake for about half an hour and he could not bring himself to move. He loved the feel of Hunter's embrace. He felt very safe.

"Morning," He whispered when he pulled his head back.

Hunter rubbed his tired eyes and stretched. He mumbled a response, not wanting to get up until he remembered what happened last night.

"Your wolf is amazing," He murmured.

"It's better than yours."

Hunter opened his eyes and stared at Jacob.

"You're such a liar."

Jacob's chocolate brown eyes twinkled in the morning sunlight. He sat up and took a calming breath. He started to climb out of bed but Hunter grabbed him and pulled him close.

"Where's my morning hug and kiss?"

Jacob's lips curled into a tiny smile as he hugged back. They rested their foreheads together and watched each other's lips. Hunter licked his because they were a bit dry however, it sent a shiver of pleasure through Jacob and that was his intention.

They both moved their heads in close and kissed. Jacob was getting more comfortable and he was kissing with more ease. Hunter liked feeling him relaxed and not tense when they were so close. He really wanted to take it further but they did need to get up for college.

Jacob pulled back with a nervous question.

"Um... later can you, uh-" He knew what he wanted to ask but he didn't really want to say it out loud. Although, Hunter knew exactly what he was going to say.

"The best way to get used to kissing is by practising. I told you, my lips are always available."

Jacob blushed, just as the bedroom door opened.

"Boy's, get up. We're going in twenty minutes," Margo said loudly. She had so many questions for Jacob but he needed to get used to this change before he could answer things about himself.

"Fine," Hunter groaned and allowed his mate to climb out of bed when Scott popped his head into the room.

"I'll pick you boys up after college because we're going back to my house and inviting Nathan over to sort this mess out. Your mother won't be there but we can have a barbeque and spend some time in the pool. Sound good?"

Jacob nodded. He knew everyone was desperate to talk about last night and he was grateful that they restricted themselves. He didn't want to be overwhelmed by trying to answer things that he was only just learning about himself. Like right now, he knew what the weather would be like all day here, he knew what the weather would be like three hundred miles away. He knew the exact time the sun would set and he knew it was only two weeks and three days into summer because he could feel it. The sky was telling him what it was doing and he listened without even knowing it.

Hunter sat up with a tiny frown. The thought of relaxing in the pool would be bliss for most teenagers on a hot day. But not for him. He had a huge fear of water and found himself dreading the idea.

It wasn't the fact that he couldn't swim and refused to learn. It was who he had lost to the waves and what he has experienced. Just the thought of being near it sent horrid shivers right through him.

He didn't even want to think about his loved ones being surrounded by water. He would surely freak out if Jacob set one foot in the pool.

Margo knew exactly what he was thinking about and her heart broke. Maybe it was time to talk about the past and let some troubling and haunting memories finally be sent to rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6.4K 46
"How many times have I told you to stay away from Bella?" "Jacob why are you being difficult?" "I hate you leech just stay away from her. She'll be m...
4.8M 166K 32
{BOOK ONE IN: The Alpha's Trilogy} I'd never seen eyes quite like his. It's like they looked right into my soul. I could feel my body tensing as he...
974K 42.2K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
159K 6.5K 44
Highest Rankings: #1 Interracial #2 LGBT/LGBTQ #2 Gay #2 highschool #3 Wattpride #5 Boyxboy #17 ManxMan Mason Moore and Mark Tyler have been friends...