single parents

By UNlVERSOUL

in which two single parents meet in a grocery store and argue over who's more responsible. an ethan dolan fan... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter Two

19K 590 1K
By UNlVERSOUL

It's been a week since the argument at the grocery store between the two single parents. As the week passed by, they thought more and more about how irritated they still were at each other.

In fact, they maybe even hated each other. Though, they were very unsure since it was just one problem.

Just as Jordan rolled around in bed, her alarm went off. Great, she thought in her head. Jordan was not excited for today at all.

It's the day that her Spiderman-loving daughter goes to school.

She was glad that the school let her go this year even though she was only four. Though, Kamryn's birthday was early in the year which was probably why they accepted.

Jordan swung her foot over and slowly sat up, lightly struggling.

She made her way to Kamryn's room and opened her room door which creaked softly. Jordan really needs to tell her dad to fix that, but forgets every time he comes around.

Jordan walked over to the side of her bed and sat down at the edge.

"Kamryn, baby. Wake up! It's your first day of school!" Jordan tried to sound somewhat happy even though deep down, she wasn't.

She was happy that it was her first day of school, but she was not happy that she won't have her around while she works at home. She was going to miss Kamryn bothering her every twenty minutes even if it drove her crazy at times.

Jordan watched as Kamryn pouted with her eyes closed like she was going to cry. The small girl didn't want to go to school.

Jordan chuckled, "c'mon, Kamryn. You'll have a fun time at school." She assured her daughter who didn't seem to care when she groaned after her mom finished her sentence.

"You'll only be there for five hours then I'll come pick you up and we can have ice cream after school." Jordan persuaded, knowing that her daughter would want that.

One of Kamryn's eyes opened as the other stayed shut.

"Really?" She asked and Jordan nodded.

"Sounds good to me!" Kamryn shot up from bed and ran over to her closet.

"What am I wearing today?" Jordan watched as Kamryn rubbed her eyes slowly. She smiled, her daughter was truly adorable with even the smallest things she did.

"Well, let's see," Jordan stood up and looked through Kamryn's wardrobe.

Jordan pulled out a white tank top and a black cardigan. Kamryn went over to her bed and put the clothes down so she could take off her Spiderman pajamas.

Jordan kneeled down on the floor and pulled out denim shorts from the bottom drawer.

She tossed it onto Kamryn's bed and reached into the closet again to grab her shoes.

Jordan pulled out her black Old Skool Vans and set them before her feet.

"Remember what I taught you, right?" Jordan asked and Kamryn mumbled in response, still tired.

"Good. I'll be downstairs making you some cereal. If you need help with your shoes, I'll help." Jordan smiled lightly before exiting her daughter's room.

Ethan randomly came into her mind again and she rolled her eyes at the thought of the argument they had.

She grabbed Kamryn's favorite spoon; her pastel pink one, and set it in the bowl.

After a few minutes, Kamryn came down fully dressed. Her shoes were tied, Jordan had taught her a few days ago.

"Good job, honey!" Jordan kissed the top of her forehead as she sat at the table.

"I'm glad I remembered." Kamryn muffled since her mouth was full of Fruity Pebbles.

On other hand, the other single parent was also getting ready for his son's first day of school.

He wasn't too happy that he wouldn't have his little man around as much as before.

"Are you set to go, bup?" Ethan asked Chance while looking at his watch. Then his eyes followed his son who grabbed his backpack with the Avengers on it.

Chance gave him a thumbs up and they exited the house.

Chance was excited for school, while the other child wasn't.

Though, both single parents felt the same way about their child going to school.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

When Ethan and Chance got to the school, it was a bit busy, but it didn't bother Ethan since once they got in, a car left and he took the stall.

Chance unbuckled his seat belt and waited for his dad to open the door.

"You ready, boy?" Ethan asked his son who was smiling.

"I'm super-duper ready!" Ethan chuckled at how high-spirited his son was.

Ethan held onto his son's shoulder and they walked towards chance's homeroom.

When they got there, some people were already inside sitting at their desks. The desk layout was neat to him. It was two desks next to each other and had a small space between the next set of desks.

Ethan headed towards the middle-aged woman who he assumed was the teacher.

"Hello. Mrs. Dell , was it?" Ethan said politely and held out a hand. The teacher nodded, "that's me, very nice to meet you."

"What's your name, sweetie?" She kneeled down at chance.

"My name is Chance. Nice to meet you!" He hugged her.

Ethan smiled at his son, "sorry about that. He's a hugger."

Mrs. Dell chuckled and hugged him back lightly.

"Your desk is over there." She pointed out at an empty desk near the window.

Ethan nodded, "who will he be sitting with?" He questioned. Things like that excited him because he remembered loving the first day of school the most when he was younger. Making new friends was always easy for him.

"A girl named Kamryn." Ethan's eyes widened.

What a score for chance!

Ethan and Chance walked over to the desks and sat at the desk with his name on a sticker in the corner.

Kamryn hadn't arrived yet, so he figured he'd sit with chance until she came.

As Ethan talked to his son a bit, another parent came in. Ethan could care less about who it was at the moment since he'd have to leave soon so he didn't bother to look.

Until he heard the little girl crying, both him and Chance looked.

It was that crazy woman from the grocery store and her daughter. Ethan froze in shock.

Jordan's eyes scanned around the room then she landed on Ethan. She glared at him and stomped towards him.

"You? Seriously, again?" She scowled. Ethan looked down at Jordan's daughter and felt bad that she was crying.

It's probably because Jordan sucks at being a mom, Ethan thought to himself and smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" She groaned.

"Can I not smile? And if you're not aware, your daughter is crying," Ethan told her with an innocent look on his face.

"Oh I'm very much aware." She narrowed her eyes at him.

Ethan got up and knelt down on the other side of Chance's desk.

Jordan took the seat and placed her daughter on her lap which caused Ethan's eyes to widen in fear.

"What do you think your doing? This is for Kamryn!" Ethan told her.

"I am Kamryn." The little girl sniffed.

Ethan's face softened and he smiled at her.

Both single parents couldn't believe that their kids were sat next to each other.

"Well, Chance is very fun. I'm sure you guys will get along just fine. Just let me know if he does anything mean, I'll handle it." Ethan told Kamryn and narrowed his eyes at his son.

Chance giggled, "I know how to treat woman, dad. You've taught me everything."

Ethan looked at him proudly, "I know." He glanced at Jordan with a cocky look.

Jordan rolled her eyes but a smile was on her lips.

"Yeah, are you sure about that?" Jordan asked him. "Chance, please don't become like your dad."

Ethan glared at her and replaced it with a smile once Kamryn looked up at him.

"Didn't you argue with mommy at the store?" She asked Ethan.

Ethan's cheeks flushed a bright red which caused Jordan to smirk at him.

"Uh, y-yeah. Something like that." Ethan stuttered nervously.

"Well, don't do that next time. Mommy always wins."

Ethan scoffed quietly and his eyes snapped to Jordan who still had the smirk tugged at her lips.

"Is that so?" Ethan asked staring deeply at her. It made her feel all tingly inside and she didn't like it.

"You bet." Jordan chirped, trying not to choke up from his intense stare.

Ethan ignored her and started to talk to his son again. He had wondered why Chance couldn't stick up for him like Kamryn had for Jordan, Ethan added it onto his to-do list. He was going to teach Chance to do that too.

"I like your backpack! There's Spiderman!" Kamryn told Chance enthusiastically and pointed at the guy on his backpack that was placed on his lap.

"You like Spiderman?" Chance asked surprised.

"I love him!" Kamryn cheered and pulled out a Spiderman pencil from her bag along with other Spiderman school supplies.

Ethan adored the way Kamryn loved the superhero so much. He had never met a girl who liked Spiderman. It's too bad that jordan isn't as adorable as Kamryn, Ethan thought.

Both single parents watched them compliment each other over their school supplies. They didn't like where this was heading.

"Cool! I like your bag. Is it a jellybean?" Chance asked. Kamryn simply nodded her head.

"My mommy made it for me. I want to be a jellybean when I grow up!" Kamryn grinned proudly.

Ethan was very surprised at what Kamryn just said. He let out a small snicker and jordan looked at him.

"A jellybean, huh?" Ethan asked Kamryn even though he was looking at Jordan.

"Yes!" Kamryn replied. Jordan made sure her daughter wasn't looking before her eyes went back to Ethan.

"Don't say anything," she mouthed.

"She can be whatever she wants when she grows up." Jordan stated. Ethan just winked at her and that was all it took for her to shut her mouth.

"I think it's a fun job." Chance told Kamryn.

They continued to ignore each other's presence and instead kept their attention at the children.

"That's the first time I heard someone say that they wanna be a jellybean. I want to be a Marvel superhero!" Chance exclaimed.

"Now that's a fun job." Kamryn's grin was big.

1(666) words! okay not anymore
but it just was
-tastyethan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 12.3K 70
"just tell him how you feel." "i can't." "why not?" "because. he's my 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝."
344K 5.4K 110
i wanted to write some so i did. i also put them in a book. [unedited] [completed]
625K 7.9K 145
Imagines of the twins
59K 1.2K 16
"What?" "Love you..."