The Way it Goes

By fishergirl626

Seventeen year old Lou is used to being the popular girl until her dads accident. It put him into a coma and... More

Chapter 1- The Accident
Chapter 2- Who is this?
Chapter 3- "You Look Hot!"
Chapter 4- "Details!"
Chapter 5- "You Kissed?"
Chapter 6- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice
Chapter 7- Party!
Chapter 8- Payback
Chapter 9- "What Happened?"
Chapter 10- "Revenge is Sweet!"
Chapter 11- No Big Deal
Chapter 12- Bringing Up the Past
Chapter 13- All My Ex's
Chapter 14- Torture
Chapter 16- Can't Do This Anymore
Chapter 17- Shots Fired
Chapter 18- This Is Love
Chapter 19- Promposals
Chapter 20- A Night To Remember
Chapter 21- A Not So Perfect Day
Chapter 22- The Silent Treatment
Chapter 23- Fourteen Times
Chapter 24- Death and Everything After
Chapter 25- Epilogue
New Book Release!!!

Chapter 15- Came Here To Forget

2.1K 87 16
By fishergirl626

Chapter 15- Came Here To Forget

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Ugh. Monday has come way to fast for my liking, but I'm still buzzing from Saturday night. I drag myself to the bathroom and carry out my normal routine; clothes, hair, mascara, and then I'm done. Luckily, I've never been one of those girls to take an hour getting ready in the morning. I hear the honk of Will's truck so I grab my Converse and rush out the door. Leah needed a ride too, so she's in the back and I'm glad to be with my favorite people.

The ride to school is too short like always, but I enjoy it while it lasts. After all, school is over in around a month. Our last day is a week after Prom. We roll all the windows down and blast the radio.

"Will!" I screech, clapping my hands together.

"What?" He asks, looking nervous.

"It's are song!" I excitedly respond making him laugh.

It's getting hot in here,
So take off all your clothes.

We all sing along and I want to stay in this moment forever, until Will has to park the truck and we all crawl out. As I step inside the school I once again have an audience and there are papers scattered all around. Immediately I freeze when I see what's on them.

Lou Elle Involved In Fatal Car Crash
Father In Hospital

No. How did anyone find out about this? We never told anyone, my mom and I just went on with our daily lives to avoid all the drama, but now everyone knows. I try to hold back my tears and find the source of who did this, but I think I know. Brittany. She's standing with all of her minions laughing and acting like nothing is going on.

"You!" I sneer, grabbing her by the shoulder so she's facing me.

"What do you mean?" She replies, an evil grin on her face.

"You know damn well what I mean!" I roar, barely containing my anger.

"I told you not to mess with me or I'd make your life hell. Welcome to it."

Before she can say anything else I grab her by the hair and throw her against the lockers. Guys can't hit girls but I sure as hell can.

"And I told you if you messed with me I would break you." I hiss, and throw a punch at her nose.

I'm about to do it again when someone grabs my fist and drags me away. Will is holding my hand and I realize he must hate me right now. He's seen a part of me he was never meant to and I feel the tears I was holding in start to fall rapidly.

"Lou, it's okay." He says, trying to soothe the pain.

"I-I can't," my sentence won't come out so I take off running. I don't even know where I'm going, just away from this place. My heart is beating rapidly and it's getting hard to breathe. Panic attack, I'm having a panic attack and need to get outside or I'll black out. I turn down the hallway and go to the emergency exit taking deep breaths as I feel the warm air on my cheeks.

My pace slows down as I get further from the school but I don't stop running until it's out of sight. The tears in my eyes are causing my vision to blur, so I decide to stop at a large Maple tree. I grab hold on the first branch I see and hoist myself up going as I can. Climbing trees has always been something I'm good at. My dad taught me how when I was younger and ever since the accident I've felt closer to him when I'm in the trees.

I sob until I physically have no more tears left in me. Afterwards I lean back and close my eyes but the memory of the day of the crash replays constantly in my mind. The screech of the tires, my dad trying to get back on the road, the sirens. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a voice behind me, not Will, but Leah.

"Lou! Lou, where are you?" She whisper shouts. I try to respond but the only thing that escapes my lips is a strangled sob.

"Are you in the tree? Can you come down here please?" She asks and I don't respond.

"Fine, I'll come up by you then." I hear the scraping of the bark and Leah grunting the whole way up. Finally, after what seems like forever she makes it up to where I'm sitting.

"I do not know how you do that," she pants and I try to laugh but I can't seem to make myself happy, "anyway, I am so sorry for what Brittany did. I mean I knew she was a bitch, but I didn't know she was the devil in human form."

"Everybody knows, Leah. They were never supposed to find out," I say in between sobs, "and Will! Oh my gosh, he probably hates me for not telling him about it, but I just can't."

"Lou, at least they don't know everything. I mean they only know you were in a crash, but they don't know how it happened or who your dad is so that's a good thing." She says, trying to reassure me.

"I guess. I mean, I did tell Will I was in a crash so maybe he won't be as mad." I reply, wiping away my tears.

"Exactly and Lou, Will does not in any way hate you! The only reason I came looking for you is because he's giving everyone a speech on how if they ever bother you again he'll personally beat the living daylights out of them!"

"Really?! I am lucky to have him and also you. I'm still feeling crappy, but you made things a little better." I tell her pulling her into a hug.

"Whoa there, still in a tree here! You've got practice, I on the other hand am hanging on for dear life." She exclaims, making me smile.

"Oh yeah, we can go down if you want." She violently nods her head and we crawl down.

"Land, sweet land!" She yells, kissing the ground.

"So what now?" I ask her, not wanting to go back to school.

"Well, I'm assuming you don't want to go back to school, so how about we go walk to get ice cream and then the park?" She suggests and now I'm the one nodding my head violently.

"You know me so well!" I say and pull her into another hug.

She tightly squeezes me back, "it's going to be okay Lou. Brittany's a major asshole and anyone who supports what she did to you is too."

Some more tears fall from my eyes onto to her shirt, "I just miss him so much." I cry into her shoulder.

"I know you do hun, but let's try to have fun okay? It's way easier to be sad than happy, but being sad sucks balls." She tells me making me laugh.

"Sucks balls? You have the weirdest mouth on you, and dirtiest. Now, let's go get ice cream!" I exclaim, drying my eyes with my shirt.

We head to Dixie's, the best ice cream shop in town and the furthest one from school. I order two scoops of my favorite kinds, strawberry and mint chip. Leah gets chocolate and caramel swirl.

"Alright, what's the total?" I ask the lady at the counter.

"Ya know what? This one's on me, you girls try to have a good day." She tells me with a sympathetic smile as she looks at my tear stained cheeks.

"Oh! Thank you so much, you just made it a little bit better." I respond with a smile and my mood feels a little lighter.

We walk out enjoying our ice creams and walk in silence for awhile, heading soft the park.

"So, how's Brittany?" I ask Leah and kick a loose stone on the sidewalk.

"Well, I'm pretty sure she's got a broken nose and get this; she wears a wig! Apparently her blonde hair isn't as lush as people think, it's actually really thin." She tells me and her eyes are lit up with excitement.

"Good, maybe now people will see her for the arrogant bitch she is." I mumble, clenching my fists in anger.

"Yeah, some people are mad you hit her, but most are glad someone finally stood up to her. I just want you to know that I would've done the same thing if I was in your situation. If not more."

I bump her with my shoulder which is my way of saying thanks. "Did I ever tell you how great of a best friend you are?"

"Yeah, but it never gets old." She smiles and we finish our cones and finally reach the park.

It may look stupid but we play on everything there, not caring what people think of us. We're just doing what makes us happy and that's all that matters.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys! This chapter am I right? I really  hate Brittany and the things she does. I would like to let everyone know that bullying is a horrible thing and a serious problem. This probably sounds corny, but we really should all stand up against it. My personal motto is if you see something, say something and if anyone wants to talk to someone about what you're going through, just message me and I will listen and talk you through it. I've been through it before and want you to know You. Are. Not. Alone! Anyway, pleaseee vote this chapter!!! Love you guys!❤️❤️❤️ Seriously, I do.❤️❤️❤️😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85K 5K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
30K 1.2K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
252K 7.2K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
12.9K 316 23
***completed*** "Amanda! Come back here!" My stepmother yelled at me. I hated her! I really hated that bitch! "Like I fucking care, you bitch!" I cu...