A Little Bit Of Normal - Jack...

By Parkpuppy_7

'Can you accept me as I am? And the burden that comes along with loving a person like me?' ••••••... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 23

610 42 128
By Parkpuppy_7

Riannon's POV

The last few days had been rather better I suppose. Hanging out with Jinyoung actually helped me a lot. He picked me up daily after classes and we found new places to hang out and eat around the city. He did his best to always cheer me up and I was thankful for that. I had also been keeping myself distracted on other days by working extra hours at the pet shop and by the time I was home, I was already too exhausted to even be awake long enough to think about anything. I couldn't deny the hope that was beginning to bloom inside my heart, maybe it will have a chance at mending completely soon.

Today, Jinyoung and I are on our way to a local carnival and I was pretty excited since I had not been to one eversince I arrived in Seoul. We were picking two of his friends up on the way. They wanted to tag along since they were having a week's break from work. I was a bit apprehensive about meeting them as I usually am with new people but I think I can socialise better now than I did months ago. We reached their apartment after a ten minute drive and I saw them already waiting outside for the both of us.

A tall brown haired guy with a grey beanie stood there by the parking meter, waving his arms happily at us and the one next to him,with light pink hair and slightly shorter than the other,only smiled at his friend's enthusiasm. As we stopped next to them, they each had a huge grin on their faces.

'Hello Jinyoung!! Hi Jinyoung's friend. I'm Taehyung. But you can call me Tae Tae. I swear I'm normal.' The taller one introduced himself as he shook my hand vigorously.

'Control yourself Tae. You're only gonna scare her off or probably tear off an arm.' The other friend interrupted as he pinched Tae's ears and pulled him away from me. 'I'm Jimin by the way. Sorry about my buddy here, he tends to get a little over excited when he meets someone new.'

'It's alright. You don't need to apologise at all. Nice to meet you both. I'm Riannon.' My lips stretched into a broad smile.

'Get in, the both of you. Or are you planning to come walking?' Jinyoung teased as he started the car.

'Waaaittt!! Don't leave us!' Tae exclaimed as they both hurriedly jumped inside the backseat of the car. 'You are always such a meanie Jinyoungie.' Tae pouted as we headed off on the road again but smiled immediately once Jinyoung tossed him two pieces of ferrero rochers from his pocket.

'I take it back. I love you Jinyoungie.' Tae said merrily as he opened the wrapper and popped the chocolate in his mouth.

Jimin only shook his head and let out a laugh. 'You can be so easily bribed Tae. Should I be afraid of strangers luring you with candy?'

'Nooo..or I don't know. But you have to admit It! Food is love! Don't you agree Riannon? Don't you? Don't you?' Tae asked while giving me a pleading look to take his side.

I couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness. 'I agree Tae.'

'See Jimin? Two against one. How about that?' He proudly said as he squeezed me into a one arm hug.

We got on pretty well and surprisingly fast. They were just one of those people who you just met but felt like you've known them for ages. They made me laugh continuously  throughout the entire drive towards the carnival venue with their never ending bickering. It left me wondering,a smile etched on my face as I turned to look at Jinyoung who was focused on the road ahead, how did the quiet Jinyoung become good friends with these guys.
-------------------------------------

'I told you Tae! You shouldn't have eaten that much chicken with Kookie earlier. Three buckets of hot wings was way too much even for your big stomach to handle!' Jimin was scolding Taehyung as we got off the car. Tae was currently covering his hand over his mouth as we got off at the parking lot, looking a bit sick.

'Are you okay Tae? Maybe we should go back,' I asked worriedly as I placed my hand on his forehead.

He turned his eyes towards me but they immediately went to something past my shoulder and his expression changed to one full of glee. 'Rollercoasterrrr!!!! Letsss gooo!!' He shouted as he pulled my hand, all traces of his sickness gone.

I smacked my forehead and followed his lead as he pushed his way through the crowd, Jimin and Jinyoung trailing behind us. We bought our tickets and went straight for the rollercoaster ride since Tae insisted on it. The other three were looking forward to it but as we drew nearer to the queue, I hung back, hoping that they wouldn't notice. Maybe I was afraid to admit it but I had a slight problem with heights. It was safe to say that I preferred a haunted house over a ride involving high places.

Just as I about to turn around, I felt a hand gently wound around mine. When I looked,it was Jinyoung. 'Aren't you coming?' He asked softly.

'Umm.. well.. I have a .. you know.. slight aversion for heights so.. it's okay you guys go on ahead. I'll wait over here.' I smiled at him,pointing at the benches nearby.

'Come on then. Let's go get some ice cream while those two go on the ride.' He smiled back and took me to the nearby ice cream parlour before I could even object. We found two empty chairs outside the shop where we could easily spot Tae and Jimin when they make their exit. Jinyoung told me to take a seat and he went to buy our desserts so I made myself comfortable while watching Tae wave his cap towards me as he got into the ride. I smiled and waved back. He was even more of a clown than Yugyeom.

I was so engrossed in watching Tae and Jimin as their ride started that I didn't notice the two guys standing next to me. 'Hey there beautiful. What is a fine lady like you doing all alone?' One of them said as he sat on the seat next to me and propped his elbows on the table.

'Yeah. How about you have some fun with us instead pretty lady?' The other guy joined in as he sent me a suggestive look and they both laughed. Before I could give them a piece of my mind, Jinyoung's deep voice cut through their laughter.

'Are you done? Or do I have to call the security to escort you out? Apologise to her before you excuse yourselves,' Jinyoung said coldly as he gave them a look which I think could personally freeze anyone to death.

The two guys gulped as they took in the scary aura Jinyoung was currently emitting and apologised quickly before scurrying away. I turned to him and he already had a warm smile on his face as he placed the bowls of ice cream in front of me. 'I hope they haven't been pestering you for a long time. I should have never left you alone.'

'Nah It's alright. I was just about to kick their asses anyways before you showed up.' I grinned as I dipped my spoon in the blackcurrant flavoured scoop.

He laughed and ruffled my hair as we both ate our ice cream and waited for Tae and Jimin.

A few minutes later, we spotted the both of them running towards us, red faced but happiness clearly written on their faces. 'Riannon! Jinyoung! That was the best ride ever! You missed it! I wanted to go for a second time but this shorty here forbade me to.' Tae exclaimed as he jumped up and down, sticking his tongue out at jimin.

'Your high pitched screams were killing me. Who would want to go for a round two of that?' Jimin retorted while poking Tae in the stomach.

'Nevermind.' Tae mumbled before he continued again, 'Now Let's go finish all the other rides before the sun goes down!!!' He shouted as he ran ahead of us again, making his way to the next ride.

We made our way to the next one which was apparently a horror tunnel. Two people were supposed to go into the boats at a time and somehow I got paired with Taehyung. By the time we reached the end of it, I was left with a sour throat and aching limbs. Not because I was screaming and thrashing around, it was because Taehyung had been choking me half to death wrapping his arms and legs around me into a deathly grip every time any masked ghost appeared at every corner.

We went on several other rides before finally making it to the large ferris wheel at the end of the lane overlooking the beach and the ocean. I was hesitant to go in but Jimin assured me that it was a soothing ride unlike a scary rollercoaster and you could appreciate the beautiful view from the top,making it worth it. I decided to give it a shot and got into a cabin. The two of them had evil grins on their faces before they pushed Jinyoung after me and they slammed the door shut. I was still trying to catch hold of what was happening when I suddenly felt the cabin move. I felt my heart rise up to my throat as it ascended further up. My breathing increased and I closed my eyes, regretting my decision to listen to Jimin.

I was trying to take in deep breaths when I felt Jinyoung wrap his arms around me. 'Don't be afraid. Just breathe okay? It'll be over soon and don't worry, I'll kill Jimin when we get down.' I smiled and felt a bit of the anxiety disappear as his calm voice soothe my nerves.

After a few minutes, the cabin stopped moving. I assumed we were at the top but I was scared to open my eyes.

'The view is indeed beautiful as Jimin said Riannon. Maybe I might have to cut down his punishment to half.' Jinyoung chuckled lightly as he leaned his head on my shoulders,but also stroking my hair at the same time to allay my fear.

I was curious, even though a part of me was afraid. 'Do you want to take a look?' He asked me quietly as he released me from his arms. I nodded and slowly opened my eyes. My jaws were wide open as I took in the beautiful scenery through the glass windows of the cabin. The vast ocean stretched out in front of me,the radiant sunset at the end of the horizon illuminating the whole sky into a crimson red colour. It looked like a majestic painting straight out a canvas. I guess Jimin really wasn't kidding, even if his initial intent was probably something else.

'I've never had the time to appreciate such wonderful moments in so long,' Jinyoung spoke as he stared ahead, lost in his thoughts again. 'I barely had any time for myself since my parents died when I was 11. I was always working, finding some job or the other to be able to support my sister who had a critical illness. When I finally got through the auditions, I was so happy. I thought that I'd be able to earn myself a name when I debut and at the same time, be able to give my sis the life that she deserves. She was the only person I had and the only one I was ever close to. When I finally made my debut, she was so proud of me. I thought everything was gonna make a turn about from then on. But..' Jinyoung suddenly stopped, like his words were stuck in his throat. I could tell it was painful for him and I placed my hand on his, hoping to comfort him. He looked at me, a blank look in his eyes as he continued, 'She passed away a year later because of her sickness and everything came crashing down. I felt like it was no point anymore to go on further without her. I did it all for her, and since she was gone, I didn't see the need to go on anymore.' My chest constricted at the thought of Jinyoung suffering and going through so much at a young age. It was no wonder why he was always so quiet most of the times.

'But then,I don't know how, one day, I woke up feeling a bit better, something inside me was telling me to move forward..to honour her even if she's gone by working even harder. So I did.. till then..I have always been on my own. Sure I had friends but I could never be close enough to anyone. But then.. I'm glad because now..,' He looked at me again, but this time, his eyes were filled with something else which made my heart beat faster, it left me feeling a bit flustered under his intense gaze.

'Now, At least you're there.' He finished as he looked beyond the clouds, a distant smile on his face.

My mind was thrown into a state of confusion. On one hand, I felt happy that he considered me close enough to share a part of his life but on the other, I also had this dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach that things were going to turn a lot more complicated.

Author's note: I'm really sorry I took so long to update. Please forgive me. ._. And I'm not sure if this chapter is good enough but I tried to write whenever I was free. I hope you like it.

On a happy note though, exo's comeback got me singing shimmy shimmy ko ko bop the whole day. So catchy. Wishing exo the very best!

Your gif for the day ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 120 13
Two boys from two different countries happened to meet in a totally different country to pursue the same dream. They kind of ran away from their surr...
406 25 17
This is my first fan fiction so please be aware that it's not that good, but enjoy anyway !
137K 3.6K 19
This story is about you being Jinyoung's forgotten Sister. Your name is Ji Eun and you are 17 years old. •find out more about your character, your re...
11.9K 625 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...