Moon Child |✔|

By world_joy_

Life or Death. It's the choice to be made within the Alba Rosa Pack when the Beta and his mate discover that... More

Before You Begin...
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
Epilogue
END NOTE
|THE CHASE|
OTHER WORKS

|11|

62.1K 3.4K 262
By world_joy_

I kissed her. 

She kissed back. 

How right the world was then. 

***

Six.

Jay drove up in front of the clinic, nervous energy surrounding him. He needed to control himself. She would be able to smell his fear and excitement, and would see the nervous tremors in his hands.

He didn't know anyone except his father who could make his hands tremble so much.

Jay got out of the truck, reaching for the clinic doors. They opened before he could touch the handles.

Daisy stepped out, meeting his nervous smile with her own.

His heart seemed to swell at the energy that ran through them. They both were on edge. Both not knowing where this would take them. But both wanting to explore.

Jay didn't touch her. Everything inside him wanted to take her hand and lead her to his car. But he didn't. His heart wouldn't have been able to handle it if he had taken her hand. He wasn't ready for even the smallest of contact.

She walked forward, a daring look in her eyes. He knew she wasn't afraid. That she loved the taste of adventure and looking the danger of it in the eye.

"How was work?" she asked, the first to break the silence.

He led her to the truck, opening the door on the passenger side for her. "Good," he responded. He closed the door then, walking around the truck slowly. His heart was racing. He didn't know what to talk about. Did he ask her how her day was? How did he ask what he wanted to know about her? Would she like him?

He squeezed his fingers into his palm, willing the sharp pain to bring him back to reality. He was acting like a sappy emotional wolf. And that wasn't how he was supposed to act. She would want a strong powerful wolf. The Alpha that he is and should be.

Manning up quickly, he opened the truck and took on a hard face.

"How was your day?" He asked. Good. That was a good start. His voice was even. No breaks.

He started the truck up and pulled it out, catching a glimpse of a smiling doctor Schulman watching from the window.

"As good as pie," Daisy said smiling, "Doctor Schulman showed me the layout of the place and I got to meet some females. There are several expecting mothers so I'll be helping Doctor Schulman..."

She talked more about her day. The females she met, their conditions, checking up on Grace.

Jay realized then that already twenty minutes had gone by and hardly a word had gone out of his mouth, except for the occasional question to probe her to talk more. Daisy could talk enough for the both of them. Something inside him seemed to deflate in relief.

"Where are you taking me?" Daisy had stopped her talking. She was looking at Jay with coy eyes, waiting for his response.

"Just a place that I think you will like," was all Jay said.

It wasn't that far a drive. Just about twenty something minutes away from the Pack House. Finally he pulled the truck into a winding dirt road.

Daisy switched her curious look every now and then from the window to Jay.

Finally they stopped and pulled over by a small lake. Getting out, Daisy gave a soft awe at the sight of water plants and hidden vegetation sprouting around the lake. Then she saw the large deck that overlooked the lake. On it were two wooden chairs and a table.

Jay looked at Daisy with a smile before grabbing things from the truck. He set up the table, placing a cloth over it and plates and silverware. He place one lone candle in the center, along with a small vase. Turning to Daisy, Jay smiled as he pulled out of his bag a long flower. A daisy.

Daisy looked up at Jay with shock as she took the flower from him. She read the cues and placed the flower in its rightful place on the vase.

"I can't believe...." Daisy started to choke up.

"Daisy?" Jay's alarmed voiced filled the air as he leaned in close to her. Not enough to touch. He couldn't handle touching her just yet. He wouldn't be able to stop if he did.

"I just...." Daisy started to laugh at the concerned male that was in front of her, "I know it's cliché to say but I've just never had someone put so much effort towards something to me."

Jay's features softened as he took in Daisy, "you like it then," he asked, almost in a shy sort of way.

"I love it," she leaned in close, inhaling his scent before kissing him softly on the cheek.

Jay stiffened, staying completely still.

"Daisy," he said in a strained voice.

Daisy turned away from him and started unpacking the food he had brought.

"Did you cook this?" she asked with a twinkle in her eye as she took in the chicken and different sides, "or Jackie?"

Jay smiled down at Daisy, sitting across from her. She started loading her plate up with food, before passing the dishes to him.

"Jackie actually," he said. He had made the mashed potatoes though. Jackie had allowed him that much.

They sat in a comfortable silence, eating and watching the peaceful sunset on the lake.

"It's beautiful," Daisy said, "Thank you for showing me this."

"You're welcome," Jay said.

"So how did you find this place?" Daisy asked, looking at Jay while she started on the chocolate cake.

Jay stared out at the lake in thought. His eyes flickered to Daisy and then back to the water.

"My wolf likes to go here," he said.

Daisy stared at the male before her. She could only get fragmented sentences from him. Never really a full explanation.

"How did the deck get here?" Daisy kept her eyes on her mate. She already had a vague sense of how the deck was built, but she wanted him to tell her. It was like probing a shy child to talk. You had to give them the topics.

"I built it," Jay said with a small smile on his face.

Daisy had never felt so curious about knowing more than now. Why did he not see that his short answers were driving her crazy?

"Why did you build the deck?" She wanted to laugh at their back and forth banter. And at his uncomfortable look he was beginning to get on his face. She could tell he wasn't use to talking so much. Especially about himself. She could understand the feeling.

"My mother liked it," Jay's eyes flickered to Daisy and stared down at her. She saw him shiver. Though she didn't think it was because of her eyes. Most of the time her eyes caused people to back away. But this was a different. She liked that he stared at her eyes and didn't look away. Before she could ask why his mother liked it, keeping up their tennis game conversation, Jay started talking again.

"She was a sick wolf. Very weak. She didn't live very long, but when I found this place I built the deck for her so she could come and spend the day reading and looking out across the lake," his eyes seemed to mist over themselves as he thought back.

"When did she pass away?" Daisy quietly asked.

"I was thirteen."

Daisy's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Wait but then...how old were you when you built this....and if your wolf found it then...when did you shift? You shifted before seventeen?"

Jay's eyes widened slightly as pupils dilated, the black in his eyes seeming to overcome the already dark irises.

"That's a story for another time," Jay said.

Daisy looked at her mate with growing frustration, "no Jay, you can't just tell me something like that and then leave it hanging."
Jay's eyes flashed at Daisy. She shirked back. The power that came over her was overwhelming, almost suffocating.

"I don't know a thing about you and your past Daisy, so don't feel frustrated by me being reluctant to re-open my wounds from another time."

His eyes suddenly seemed to notice the cowering female in front of him. Jay sighed. Standing up he started to load back the food and plates.

"I'm sorry Daisy lets... let's just go back."

Daisy stood up. There was an awkwardness in the air. "I'm sorry Jay," she said looking down.

"No I...I just haven't talked about any of this yet," Jay said sadly.

Daisy looked up at her mate with sad eyes. Walking closer to him, she grabbed Jay's hands and took them in her own. She drew them close to her face, kissing both of the palms she possessed.

"Don't worry hot stuff," she whispered up to her mate, "We'll talk about it someday."

Jay couldn't resist. Maybe it was the look that she held in her eyes, one that he had made her possess, or the feel of her lips against his skin. But he couldn't stop himself.

He grabbed her towards him, pressing her to him as tightly as he could. He kissed the top of her head, taking in and smelling her scent. Her scent. It was intoxicating. If he could make it into a wine he would be drunk off the first sip.

Jay leaned in more. Daisy closed her eyes, softly breathing onto his face as he kissed her cheeks, her nose, going down to her chin, and up to her forehead.

He hesitated, looking at the main item that he wanted to feel on his lips. Daisy helped him complete his thought though by opening her eyes- shining with mischief and laughter- and leaning in.

Still.

The world seemed to stop. Jay couldn't hear any noise over the roar in his ears. It started off soft. Just them settling on the feel of each other. But then Daisy exhaled. Her breath smelling of chocolate.

And he couldn't resist.

He wanted to taste it. To match the smell to his tongue.

Their breathing became more heavy, and their world become more and more on fire. Each soft mold of lips, shape and form of flesh upon flesh had Jay's eyes rolling in the back of his head.

Then he felt the tip of her tongue. Hungry and wanting to explore.

Explosion.

He couldn't contain himself. He had been shaking with the effort it was taking, holding himself back. For her, for him, he didn't know. But he slowly felt his nerves unravel as this female held him in the palm of her hand.

She gasped when he slowly eased his tongue along her bottom lip. Her gasp gave him the opportunity to fully explore her. She was moaning, coming undone beneath him. He surfaced for air. Had to surface for air before he combust on the spot.

He wanted to taste more of her.

His tongue slid down her neck. Daisy shivered in his hands. Her own hands came out from their twisted grasp in his hair, wrapping securely around his neck.

She bent back to look at him.

Stars.

Jay could tell what they meant when people said, "stars in their eyes."

Daisy looked like she had stars in her eyes. She looked breathtaking. Utter perfection. Cheeks red, lips plucked and slightly chapped. Lungs gasping.

"Jay...," that one word had him clinging harder to her, "wow."

Jay laughed as he hugged her close to him, burring his nose on her shoulder, taking in her scent of desire as her hair cascaded around him.

"Yes," he said, pulling away to look at her- meeting her pale moon blessed eyes, "wow."

yaaaayyyy, *does little happy dance* I love this chapter. It makes my heart beat faster every time I read it (hahaha because I'm bbbiiasseedd).

So what did you guys think? 

Lovin it? Hatin it? *sobs* don't hate me!

The story continues! 

What do you think will happen? 

Find out more with tomorrow's update!

Though I don't think many people make it this far down when they read, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback about the cover for "Moon Child"- what do you think of it? Like it? 

Loves,

/////WORLD_JOY_/////

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 7K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...
2.8M 91.3K 20
Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's l...
174 27 11
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...
2.7K 428 50
An entanglement of betrayal, revenge, love, and supernatural war: Mirajane; the dusk princess and sole white wolf of the werewolf world. ...... When...