The wolf's secret (A Twilight...

Galing kay TeddyTiger7

What if, after Edward left her, Bella shifted? Only the Quileute pack knows about this, but what will happen... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
AN

Chapter 2

14.6K 401 11
Galing kay TeddyTiger7

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but I was busy with school, and sports (I have been busy with race rowing and it takes up a lot of my time). Well whatever. Enough about me. You have to expect a long time between updates, because I only write when I feel like it and as my chapters are quite long (in my opinion) it can take a while.

Well now, for the story, here's chapter two! It's in Jacob's pov.

Chapter 2

Jacob POV

It was dark when I was driving home from Bella's house. There was no one besides me on the road as far as I could see. My thoughts were starting to wander back to our conversation in the kitchen before I left. Bella said she didn't want to talk about the fact I love her. Does she have a problem with that subject? She knows I love her, so why? Doesn't she love me back? Does she still love that Cullen, who left her months ago in the forest?

I noticed that I was gripping the steering wheel very tightly. I tried to relax but it was difficult. I hadn't succeeded yet on relaxing when I turned into our drive. The lights downstairs were on so I knew my dad wasn't asleep yet. Usually he went to bed around this time as it was ten past eleven.

I was still trying to get the tension in my body to leave when I walked up our front porch. Opening the front door I called inside "Dad. I'm home" Soon after, dad came into the hallway, steering his wheelchair with practiced precision through the door, which led to the living room. I could hear the television. I came to the conclusion that he had been watching the game before going to bed.

"Hey, Jake, how was your evening?" He asked.

Before I could produce any sort of response a horrible pain ripped through my body. I fell forward and before I knew it I was almost raking my claws through my dad. Wait, what? Claws?

"Yes, you have claws." Sounded a sarcastic voice inside my head.

I gathered some courage and asked "Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my head?"

"I'm hurt that you don't remember me as I once was your best friend."

"Huh?"

"I'm Embry, you idiot!" He screamed somehow. "And for being in your head, we can hear each other’s thoughts when we shift."

"For shifting," a different voice started "the legends about the wolf-shifters and Taha Aki aren't just legends. They're the true history of our tribe." He paused. "By the way, I'm Sam Uley, the Alpha of the pack." He was quiet for a few seconds and I saw impressions of a forest. "Embry, stop your patrol and go get Paul. Meet me at Jacob's house. And if the others phase tell them to go to my house."

"Alright, Sam, I'm on my way to Paul's house." Soon after, his presence disappeared.

As I didn't want to damage our house more than I already did, I laid down on the floor. "Jacob, I'm almost at your place now. When I'm there I'll shift back and try to help you shift back as well."

"Can you take a look at my dad if he's alright?"

"I will."

"Thanks"

"I'm shifting back. I'm at the edge of the forest close to your house now." And his presence disappeared as well. I had my thoughts for myself again. Ah, quiet. Well quiet, not really when thoughts are going a hundred miles per hour, but there's no one else in my mind.

"Jacob, Billy," I hear Sam's voice behind me. "Are you alright? Especially you, Billy, after Jacob almost got to you."

"I'm fine Sam. It's just the shock. I was able to get out of his reach just in time. Help Jake first, please."

"Alright," Sam said, turning to me. "If you want to phase back you have to calm down first."

I looked at him sceptically. Calm down? After I just shifted into a giant wolf and almost killed my dad?

"Yeah, it would seem difficult to calm down, but you have to. It makes it easier to talk instead of having one-sided conversations like we have now." I nodded my head in understanding. "I also want to explain some things to you and you won't be able to ask questions like this." I again nodded my head. "Concentrate on calming down now and we'll continue talking after you phased back to your normal self." Sam ordered.

All of a sudden I felt two presences join me, Embry and someone else. "Hey Jake, tell Sam that Paul is coming to you and I'm going to pick up Jared as well." Only seconds after pain ripped through me again and I was lying on the floor of my house in my human self, naked. Sam handed me some clothes to put on as he clearly understood that I didn't want to stay naked.

"Well, that didn't take as long as some others after their first time phasing." Sam grinned at me.

I turned to my dad worriedly. "Are you alright, dad?"

"Yes, I already told Sam that it was mainly the fright and that you just didn't touch me." Dad replied.

"You said something about Taha Aki," I said, turning to Sam. "that the legends about him aren't just legends. That they're true."

"Yes, indeed."

"But as the legends say, the pack never existed of more than three and only when there are cold ones close by. So why is the pack bigger than three and why now? There are no cold ones in the near surroundings. There haven't been in a long time." I asked confused.

Sam gave me a pointed look. "There have been cold ones close by lately. They left four months ago. You should be able to know who."

After a few seconds I found the answer. "The Cullens?" I asked ridiculed. Sam just nodded. "But they aren't here anymore and the pack is still growing.

"We don't know why the pack is growing as they aren't here anymore, but we think that the pack is bigger than three because the Cullens are such a large group of cold ones. Those are the only answers we can come up with for now."

"Oh" Was my smart reply.

"Jacob, we should get going." Sam said, changing the subject and walking towards the door. "I'll explain some more on the way."

"Um, where are we going exactly?"

"My house"

"Alright, I guess."

Sam turned around and gave me a pointed look. "You don't really have a choice. If you didn't want to come I'd just have ordered you to come. As the alpha of the pack I can give orders to the pack members which they're unable to disobey." He quickly explained. "For now, let's go." And I followed him out of my house. Two huge wolves were waiting at the edge of the forest and followed us into the forest where we shifted.

_______________

My thoughts were a mess when we walked out of the forest. There were so many aspects to being a wolf-shifter as I had learned. Sam, Embry and Paul, tried to explain it all to me, but I had the feeling that I had forgotten most of it again by now. It's just so much.

Embry and I followed Sam towards a tiny house. It looked like it had been grey once. Next to the weathered blue door there was one narrow window. The bright coloured flowers underneath the window gave it all a cheerful look.

"This is mine and Emily's house." Sam explained as soon as he reached the door, opening it before walking inside. The same time as we entered the living room a young woman entered through the other door, which I guessed lead to the kitchen as she was carrying a tray of muffins. I suppose she's Emily, Sam's fiancée.

Before I could take a better look at Emily or the room in general, someone else entered the room after Emily, Bella. What was Bella doing here? Wasn't she at home waiting for me to call? O, yeah, stupid, I didn't call her. I can't even keep a promise of phoning someone. I'm such an idiot.

"Hey, Jake" Bella's voice brought me back to reality. I hadn't noticed I was staring at her wide eyed.

"Uh, hey Bells" Great, Jacob, great. Not. "What are you doing here?"

"Helping Emily cook." Only when she said that I noticed the plate of backed eggs she was carrying. She put them down before walking our way as we were still standing next to the door. "Come, let's talk outside." She told me.

I followed her outside to see her sitting on a fallen tree trunk at the edge of the woods. She mentioned for me to sit down as well. I did so, next to her.

I gave her a questioning look. She replied with "I was worried for you. You didn't call me as you said you would."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I didn't exactly have the opportunity to call you before I came here. Too many strange things were happening."

"With strange things, you mean stuff like phasing all of a sudden?"

I gave her a sceptical look "You know about phasing?" I questioned her.

"Yeah" Was her only response. She was looking down at her hands which were fiddling in her lap.

"How? When?"

She seemed to doubt about something before answering. "The night the Cullens left I found out. You know Sam was the one who found me, right?"

"Yeah I know. You told me once."

"Well, when he found me he was in wolf form. As soon as he came back after shifting back I asked him about it."

"How did you know the wolf was him?" I asked. I had no clue on how she would know.

"When I was with.... him, I started to pay attention to people's eyes, so I looked at the wolf's eyes and when Sam came back in human form I recognized them."

"Wow, I would have never thought about that. But what are you doing here then?"

"When I asked Sam about his wolf, he told me about the legends and I made the connection."

"Hmm" I replied. I wondered I she really knew everything; there's so much to know about the pack and the legends. As well as what is true and what not. "Is it true then that the Cullens were vampires?" I asked her; all of a sudden curious if that was true or just a legend.

"Yes"

"Seriously?" I exclaimed, jumping up from my spot next to her and turning to face her. "You knew about that?" She didn't look up to me and only gave me a small nod. "You knew all the time that you were dating a vampire?" I was getting angrier with the second. Was she stupid?

"Jacob, calm down!" Came Sam's voice from the door. I hadn't noticed that I was shaking. "Or you'll phase and probably hurt Bella!" I felt a two hands on my shoulders, pulling me backwards from Bella, towards the house.

As soon as the person who had grabbed me released me I turned around only to see that it was Sam. He looked at me and said "Calm down." with a calm but demanding voice. For a reason I could do nothing else than to calm down.

"What was that?" I asked him, almost fully calmed down now.

"The alpha voice" I hear Embry say behind me "When the alpha uses that voice we, the members of the pack, can't do anything but to comply." Ah, that clearly gives the alpha a way to control the pack members.

I heard the front door close with a soft click before someone walked into the room quietly. I turned my head to take a look at who it was. It was Bella. She was looking down. I felt immediately felt sorry for my outburst earlier. It was clearly my fault that Bella wasn't herself right now.

"Bella, I'm s-" I started before Bella interrupted me by putting her hand up and saying.

"Stop Jake. Not now." She raised her head to look at Sam. "Sam, do you still need me here? Or can I go home?"

"You should go home; you're to agitated to do anything right now. I'll take over your round tonight. You can do mine tomorrow. Okay?" What the hell was he talking about? Bella was no shifter. She couldn't be, she isn't a Quileute.

"Sure. I'll see you tomorrow then." She said before turning around and disappearing through the door she came through. She was already outside before I remembered that I hadn't seen her car here. How had she come here? Did she need a lift home? I could probably give her a lift home if I phased.

I ran after her to offer her a 'lift'. When I ran through the door I took a look around the lawn around Sam's house before I found her. She was running to the edge of the forest. The air I had sucked in to call out to her got stuck in my throat when I saw something I thought I never would. Bella disappeared and in her stead there was a beautiful snow white wolf with a black back.

This was it for this time. Please tell me what you thought of it and if you have any tips I would appreciate it if you posted them in the comments. I'd love to hear of you. And of course vote.

I put a picture of Sam and Emily on the side.

I dedicated this chapter to getlost1935 for 'subtly' ushering me to update. They  screamed 'PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!!!!! ;)' XD. Thanks for the encouragement.

Well, till next time.

-TeddyTiger7

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

89.1K 1.8K 36
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
713 6 16
This is a spin off of twilight. The charters will some what be the same but Edward will be changed to Eli. The story is completely different Bella's...
345K 7.7K 22
What if Bella turned out to be a wolf shifter, but she doesn't come from the La Push pack. The Cullens left her, but now after 15 years they are back...
17.1K 679 50
What is Charlie part of Jacob's tribe what if he was a shifter as well what If Bella didn't know about this at first but one day she shifts what happ...