Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jacob POV

Wha- what- what was that?! Did Bella just...? No coherent thoughts were able to form in my head because of what I had just seen.

"Jacob," Sam's voice came from behind me, bringing me back to reality. "Come inside. We still have many things to discuss."

"What just happened?" I asked him, ignoring what he just said. "Was that Bella who just shifted?"

"Yeah, it was." Came his quiet reply "She's been shifting for four months already." My mouth fell open.

"Four months?!" I replied flabbergasted. "Why didn't she tell me?"

He gave me a pointed look. "You know we're not allowed to tell anyone outside the pack. You should ask her. If you ask, she'll probably tell you her reasons. I know she has other reasons as well."

I sighed in defeat and turned towards the door to go inside. We indeed had some important matters to discuss.

___________

Bella POV

I woke up to tapping on my window. Groggily I moved to look outside and was shocked to find a figure sitting on the branch just outside my window. At the next tap I was fully awake and quickly got out of bed to open the window to whoever it was there sitting in the tree.

"Bells, open up! Hurry!" I heard a familiar voice shout whisper. It was Jake, who jumped inside after I opened the window.

"What the hell are you doing here at this time?" I questioned him.

"We need to talk." Was his only explanation.

"Well," I countered "We can talk later, when we aren't supposed to be sleeping."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He urged me, changing the subject.

All of a sudden I noticed that we were standing very close. I hadn't moved back when he jumped through the window. So I moved to sit down on my bed. "Well? Why didn't you?" He asked again.

"You know that we aren't allowed to tell others, people who aren't members of the pack."

He threw his hands up in the air. "Still," Was his frustrated reply "You guys knew that it would only be a matter of time before I shifted. Sam told me. Couldn't you just have told me a long time ago?"

"I'm not a Quileute. You know that." I looked down at my hands which were folded in my lap, when I said that.

"Then...how? How can you shift if you're not a Quileute?" He asked me quizzically.

"We don't know. I intend to figure that out, but I still didn't do anything about it." I sighed, knowing that he wouldn't give up.

"Why don't we start now then? There should be a clue somewhere." He smiled. "What about that on your arm there? No, not that tattoo," He quickly said when I looked at my Quileute tattoo. I was very proud to have it. It showed that I was part of Sam's pack. "The other one." He continued.

"I actually have no clue. I got it at the same time as the other one, when I shifted. Of course you have the other one as well as it shows that you're a member of Sam's pack." I grinned at him.

"I don't have the Quileute tattoo yet." He told me. "I will get it tomorrow. It's a tattoo, so it has to be tattooed on my arm."

"Weird. I just had both of these tattoos after I shifted back the first time."

"Maybe it has something to do with the other tattoo as well. The reason why you have that strange tattoo is probably the reason why you didn't have to tattoo the Quileute tattoo on your arm but just had it already."