Disney Facts! Volume 2

By PrincessAura273

Welcome to VOLUME 2 of the magical fact book of all things Disney! In this book you'll read interesting facts... More

Facts 1-30
Facts 31-60: Star vs. The Forces of Evil Facts
Facts 61-90: Captain America Civil War Themed Page
Facts 91-120: Finding Dory Themed Page
Facts 121-150
Authors Note: Requests!
Facts 151-180: The Princess & The Frog
Facts 181-210: Moana Themed Page
Facts 211-240: Rogue One Themed Page
Facts 241-270
Facts 271-300: Lady & The Tramp Themed Page
Facts 301-330: Doctor Strange Themed Page
Facts 331-360
Facts 361-390: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Themed Page
Facts 391-420: Pirates - Dead Men Tell No Tales
Facts 421-450: Cars 3 Themed Page
Facts 451-480
Facts 511-540
Facts 541-570
Facts 571-600: Peter Pan Themed Page
Facts 601-630: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Facts 631-660: Thor Ragnarok Themed Page
Facts 661-690: Coco Themed Page
Facts 691-720: Black Panther Themed Page
Facts 721-750
Facts 750-780: Incredibles 2
Facts 781-810: Avengers Infinity War Themed Page
Facts 811 - 840: Mary Poppins Returns Themed Page
Facts 841-870: Ralph Breaks The Internet Facts
Facts 871-900: Captain Marvel Themed Page
Facts 901-930: Avengers Endgame Themed Page
Facts 931-960: Aladdin (2019) Themed Page
Facts 961-990: Toy Story 4 Themed Page
Facts 991-1030: Spider-Man: Far From Home Themed Page

Facts 481-510: Spider-Man: Homecoming Themed Page

252 19 2
By PrincessAura273

Since his debut in Captain America, Spider-Man has officially joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and since Disney owns Marvel now, the Disney universe too! 

Be sure to stick around at the end of this update as I have a few quick announcements to make! 

Let's swing on in and learn some facts about everyone's favourite web slinging hero!

WARNING! A few facts towards the end may/will contain spoilers, so take caution! 

Fact #481
Jennifer Connelly voices the Spider-Man computer Karen. Her husband Paul Bettany had voiced the Iron Man suit computer Jarvis. 

Fact #482
Kenneth Choi who plays Principal Morita also played the Howling Commando Jim Morita in Captain America: The First Avenger. In the Principal's office you can see photos of the Howling Commando which hints that they are related and he is possibly his grandson.

Fact #483
J.K. Simmons had previously expressed interest in returning to the role of J. Jonah Jameson, the role that he played in the Sam Raimi trilogy, and also voiced the character in Ultimate Spider-Man back in 2012. However, once he was cast as Commissioner Gordon in Justice League (2017), all discussion of this happening ceased.

Fact #484
The cast had to watch a John Hughes movie marathon to prepare. Spider-Man: Homecoming is first and foremost a coming-of-age tale, so Watts turned to the master of such stories: John Hughes. They got together at Tom Holland's house and watched movies such as Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Pretty In Pink.

Fact #485
Director Jon Watts has revealed that Peter Parker will be aged around 15 years old at the time of the film. Actor Tom Holland was around age 19-20 at the time of filming.

Fact #486
Pictures of Howard Stark, Abraham Erskine, and Bruce Banner can be seen in Peter Parker's school.

Fact #487
In an interview with Fandom, Pascal said that Homecoming 2 will take place just after Avengers 4, which is scheduled for release on May 3, 2019. Tom Holland's Spider-Man will be featured in Avengers: Infinity War, which opens in May 4, 2018, with about as much screen-time as he had in Civil War.

Fact #488
Vincent D'Onofrio had shown interest in appearing as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin from Netflix's Daredevil in this film. Kingpin is a shared villain from both Spider-Man and Daredevil's rogue gallery and has appeared in many other Spider-Man media.

Fact #489
The music that plays over the Marvel Studios logo is an orchestral version of the classic Spider-Man television theme song, written in 1967 by Paul Francis Webster and Robert "Bob" Harris for the animated television show. Here it has been adapted by film composer Michael Giacchino.

Fact #490
Nick Fury was originally going to be Peter's mentor in the film with Samuel L. Jackson reprising his role but they went with Tony Stark instead.

Fact #491
Peter's homemade Spider-Man costume is very similar to Ben Reilly's first Spider-Man costume from the comics: a blue jumpsuit with a red sleeveless hoodie, with the belt and web shooters on the outside of the costume.

Fact #492
Spider-Man will mark Robert Downey Jr.'s 8th time playing Tony Stark. 

Fact #493
Tom Holland spent a few days attending classes at the Bronx High School of Science in New York City to prepare for his role as Peter Parker. He used his acting coach's name as an alias.

Fact #494
Before this film was officially announced, Sony planned to build a universe not too dissimilar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe using only Spider-Man characters. This included an untitled spin-off focusing on a female super heroine assumed to be Black Cat, a Venom film, a Sinister Six film and two further installments to The Amazing Spider-Man series. Andrew Garfield was signed on to appear in at least two of these films.

Fact #495
The man that Peter pursues to get info on the Staten Island Ferry heist has a profile that briefly lists one of his known aliases as "The Prowler," a reference to the Amazing Spider-Man villain of the same name.

Fact #496
Martin Starr plays one of Peter Parker's high school teachers in this movie. He can briefly be seen in The Incredible Hulk and is credited as 'Computer Nerd.' Marvel/Disney usually doesn't recast the same actors in different MCU roles but has broken this rule a few times. However, Starr's role could be linked to the previous minor background character, in which case he was getting a degree in the earlier film and went into teaching in this one.

Fact #497
Though the majority of the movie takes place in Queens NY, much of the movie was shot in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional footage shot in Germany. A portion of the film was still shot in the real New York City, though.

Fact #498
Tony Revolori received death threats for playing the role of bully Flash Thompson.

Fact #499
Asa Butterfield, Nat Wolff, Liam James, Timothée Chalamet and Tom Holland were all in the shortlist of the much anticipated casting of Peter Parker.

Fact #500
Aunt May's car number plate is AMF-1562. AMF is Amazing Fantasy, 15 is the issue number, and 62 is 1962, the year Spider-Man first appeared.

Fact #501
Before showing a video of Captain America encouraging students, a gym teacher mentions that he's "probably a war criminal now," alluding to his situation at the end of Captain America: Civil War, where he and other avengers who operated outside the Sokovia Accords are wanted by the government and in hiding. In the films shown in Spider-man: Homecoming, Captain America appears in his costume from The Avengers and mentions being frozen in ice, suggesting they were made shortly after the Avengers, which was the last time he wore that uniform and would be easily recognizable as a potential positive role model.

Fact #502
When Peter and Ned eavesdrop on the students discussing Spider-Man's indentity, one of the students points out that Spider-Man could be 'horribly burned' under his mask. This could be a reference to Deadpool, another Marvel hero, who has a very similar costume to Spider-Man, and is horribly burned underneath his mask. Deadpool and Spider-Man often work together in the comics.

Fact #503
When Spider-Man is observing the robbery of the Bank ATM. On the building wall behind him the word "Bagley" is spray painted in large letters. This is in reference to long time Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man comic book artist Mark Bagley.

Fact #504
At one point in a scene set in Washington DC, Spider-Man is shown running beside the Reflecting Pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial where Captain America and Falcon first met in Captain America: Winter Soldier. 

Fact #505
When driving his date to the Homecoming dance, Flash Thompson mentions that he "knows fresh branzino, and that was not fresh." When Gwen Stacy invites Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker to meet her family in "The Amazing Spiderman," her family prepares branzino for dinner.

Fact #506
Happy says he's been carrying around Tony's engagement ring since 2008. That's when the first Iron Man movie came out and it's also the beginning of the MCU. 

Fact #507
One of the items Spider Man finds in the Damage Control storage facility is Ultron's head from Avengers: Age of Ultron. 

Fact #508
Despite prominent billing, Gwyneth Paltrow only appears in one scene. It's her first appearance in MCU since Iron Man 3 after which her contract expired.

Fact #509
It is revealed that the character "Michelle" also goes by the name "MJ". This is an homage to Mary Jane and a foreshadowing for a possible relationship in future films.

Fact #510
Even before Disney and Marvel Studios had worked with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the MCU, a popular fan theory about Iron Man 2 was that Peter Parker was the little boy in an Iron Man mask who stands up to a killer robot and is saved by Tony Stark. Tom Holland loved this idea so much that he asked Kevin Feige for permission to confirm this idea as official and Fiege agreed.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! 

Once again to quickly and politely remind you all, I now have a ko-fi account! If you would like to leave a donation to support my online works, check out the link I posted in my profile bio or click the external link below. 1 donation is $3. 

Also, next week I will be leaving for a week vacation to Walt Disney World! I'm planning to post a bunch of pics and host a live stream or two of the parades, fireworks, or to just show you guys around and talk. So if you're not following me on Instagram, and would like to be updated on those events, you can follow me @madalynkendrick . Just let me know that you're from Wattpad and I'll accept your invite! 

Have a nice day! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
408K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...
623K 1K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
66.8K 3.7K 79
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...