Transform (Jughead Jones, Riv...

Par RockDD20

"Just tell me what happened that night!!" Some secrets can bring people together, some can tear them apart. ... Plus

PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1: SWEETWATER DROWNING
CHAPTER 2: STITCHES
CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
CHAPTER 4: A PERFECT MATCH
CHAPTER 5: THE FEAR OF TOADS
CHAPTER 6: WHAT AN ADDICTION
CHAPTER 7: A LIFE WITHOUT COFFEE
CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE
CHAPTER 9: THE BAT AND CUTTERS
CHAPTER 10: BROKEN GLASS
CHAPTER 11: THE BROTHER OF ANNA
CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE
CHAPTER 13: WHITE BOWS AND A BLACK JACKET
CHAPTER 14: SOBS AND SNEAKS
CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE
CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE
CHAPTER 18: FLICKERING FLASHES
CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS
CHAPTER 20: BACKLASH
CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS
CHAPTER 22: CODE RED
CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS
CHAPTER 24: AN ARGUMENT OF LOVERS
CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS
CHAPTER 26: SNOW FLAKES
CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS
CHAPTER 28: THE FLIGHTLESS BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES
CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE
CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO
CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES
CHAPTER 33: THE DEATH
CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE
CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS
BOOK 2

CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY

5.5K 133 20
Par RockDD20

'It must be very isolating being you'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

Marcus's P.O.V

The dark halls of Thornhill always made me feel isolated, cramped and alone. They seemed endless and it's a wonder I've never been lost in them, you could never hear anything while walking through the halls but this time was different. I could hear small sobs and cries from the room I was hunting down, the pauses and gasps for air only made it easier.
There was no creak as my hand pushed open the door revealing Cheryl crying her body draped over her bed. "Cheryl" I called out, she shot up her eyes connecting with mine. As if it was an instinct she quickly wiped under her eyes "yes" she said. I took my first inside her room losing the door behind me "are you alright?" I asked, she nodded for a moment. I wasn't convinced, even if I hadn't found her crying I wouldn't have believed her, I know when Cheryl's lying. "Cheryl..." I started moving closer "you can tell me what's wrong".

"I know that" she said a small smile on her lips "then why are you crying?" Dumb question since Jason's body is literally underneath us. "I'm fine" she said rather strained, I gave her a look and she knew I could tell what was up. "Cheryl-"

"Don't, please don't" she said cutting me off "I don't want your sympathy alright, I don't need it" she continued her tone becoming snappy, "you can talk to me Cheryl, I'll help you" I said. She scoffed loudly rolling her eyes "says the guy who broke up with me the day after Jason died" her words were directed right at me, each spit wording splintering away at me. I was quiet for a moment but she continued "don't think your so high and mighty Marcus, you're not that special".

"You're not thinking straight Cheryl" I said stepping closer to her bed where she sat "is that every guys scapegoat, your not thinking straight. Excuse me that I'm a little emotional, my dead twin is downstairs rotting away while everyone blames me for his death" she snapped "so I'd appreciate it if you left"

"Is that what you want?"

Cheryl hesitated for a short moment before nodding, "I don't believe you" I said. Her chin raised and her eyes narrowed "is it so hard to believe that I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to see you I don't want to think about you" she snapped "so please get out" she said nodding towards the door, "Cheryl-"

"Get out"

"Cheryl just talk to me"

"I don't want to talk to you Marcus" she said sternly "so get out" she snapped. I took another step towards her "get out of my room" she growled lowly, I was barely an inch away from her, the coco Chanel perfume I bought her filling the air and wafting into my nose. "No" I said sternly, her eyes darkened as she tugged at my blazer.

SMACK

My face was sent sideways, my cheek stinging harshly from the slap. I looked to her seeing her nostrils flaring and her face almost as red as her hair. "Get out Marcus" she said sternly pointing to the door, my eyes darkened and my lips curled in anger. "Okay Cheryl, fine push me away" I snapped "it's what your best at" I continued before storming out the door, "it's not my fault that your a coward that runs away from his problems" she yelled back. My feet skidded to a halt, I turned to look at her "you just told me to leave" I said "I'm not talking about right now Marcus" she replied her voice dark.

I know exactly what she meant.

Anna's P.O.V

"I tried to last night, but Penelope locked the door. No doubt to keep Cheryl out" I explained to Betty and Jughead, "why would she try to keep Cheryl out?" Jughead asked.

"There's obviously something in there that Penelope doesn't want Cheryl to see, something that can help us find out what happened"

"How long did you think about this?" Betty asked, "all night, I couldn't sleep" I answered.

"But we have to hurry and go now, before someone notices we're gone" I said beginning to lead them to Jason's room.

They followed quietly as we walked past portraits of the Blossom family, like damn they have a lot.

As we reached Jason's door I took the cool handle in my hand and twisted it, unlocked. Hallelujah!

We crept into his room and suddenly a wave of air washed over us, a shiver ran up my spine and I shivered as the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

"Is it me or did the temperature just drop like it does in horror movies?" Betty said "that's
just the icy chill of the dead" Juggie replied.

"Where does a teenage boy hide things?" I asked

"Under the mattresses, maybe in the drawers, behind the headboard, in the closet" we took his suggestions and began going through his things, while Jughead checked his wardrobe I went beside his bed and checked his bedside table searching for anything I could find.

"Hello" I jumped up my back landing in front of Jughead as he held onto my elbow. I looked and saw Nana Rose wheel towards us emerging from the darkness.

"Holy... I'm so sorry, we were just leaving" Betty said,

"Oh. It's you. How lovely to see you again. Come closer, I wanna get a good look at you" Rose held out her hands to Betty and reluctantly Betty moved closer and sat at the edge of Jason's bed.

"The horror. The horror" Jughead whispered in my ear, I bit my lip trying not to giggle.

"Come closer, Polly dear"

You say what!!!

Nana Rose thinks Betty is Polly, Betty shot Juggie and I a look our eyes widened like a deer in headlights.

"It's nice to you again, too. I'm sorry it had to be under such terrible circumstances" Betty said with hesitation pretending to be Polly.

"Well, of course you're not wearing it. God bless" Rose said

"Wearing what?" Betty asked "the ring, Polly. That ring has been in the Blossom family for generations. You keep it close to your heart, always. But don't tell Penelope I gave it to you. Or she'll likely come and snip it off your finger!"

"I won't, I promise" Betty said obviously freaked out by Rose

"Such a shame. Your wedding was the last thing I was living for. I lost a grandson, but you, you've lost the love of your young life. Poor child" Polly and Jason were engaged, oh my god.

Betty then stood up clearly shaken up as she looked between Jughead and I and Rose, "excuse me. I have to... I can't..." Betty quick walked out of Jason's room. Jughead and I followed her and shut the door leave Rose alone.

"Betty" I called out, she paused at looked at me "we need to talk about this" I said.

"I know, I need to talk to my dad about something" she replied before leaving, while Jughead and I remained still.

"Poor Polly" I whispered, "maybe that's what was in there, something the connected Jason and Polly's engagement" he said.

"Maybe, but I need to talk to Cheryl. No doubt Penelope is yelling at her as we speak" I replied beginning to walk to Cheryl's room, but Jughead took my elbow and halted me.

"I wanted to tell you, that you look beautiful" he said, I smiled sweetly before enveloping him in a hug. His arms wrapped around my waist and I took in the sweet smell of the cologne he uses, butterscotch and lemon. An odd couple but to me, this smell was amazing.

Before we pulled back I kissed him on the cheek and pulled away, "thank you, you don't look too bad yourself" I smiled brushing his shoulder pad.

"I borrowed it from Marcus" he said, I looked to him "Marcus, my brother Marcus?" I asked. "There's no other Marcus's in Riverdale" he said teasingly "yeah I know, but since when did you and Marcus talk let alone be friends" I asked astonished.

"I'll admit, jocks aren't my favourite people but Marcus is cool. He's not an total ass and he's actually nice to me" Juggie said, "he didn't give you the whole, 'touch my sister and I'll break your hand' talk did he?"

"Surprisingly not" Juggie chuckled.

"Well good" I smirked "I'd hate to lose you so soon"

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere" he smirked back.

I grinned at him before tucking a wisp of hair behind my ear "I better go find Cheryl" I said, "yeah definitely" he replied. I began walking off but before I rounded the corner I stopped, I looked at him seeing he was still standing there his hands shoved in his pockets.

He caught me looking and gave me a small smile, I chuckled lowly before walking back down the hall. I broke into a jog before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his lips. Jughead's arms wrapped around my waist and he lifted me off the ground.

He kissed me back softly, I grinned into the kiss as he placed me back on the ground. I gave him one last peck my hands on his cheeks, his on my waist. "Pops, in an hour" I said grinning at him, "your shout" he smirked "your buy milkshakes" I replied giving him a peck.

"Deal" he said, I pulled away from his arms and smirked "I'll see you in an hour" I replied.

He nodded and I left him, I made my way to Cheryl's room and I just caught Marcus walking out of the room. I frowned seeing his knuckles clenched his skin as white as a bone "Marcus what were you doing in there?" I asked, "not now Anna" he said before storming passed me. I frowned at his behaviour before slowly walked into her room seeing she was crying heavily. "Cheryl" I called, she looked at me tear stains on her cheeks and her mascara running down her face. "Are you alright?" I asked making my way to the end of her bed, "I'm fine" she whimpered.

"Are you sure"

"I'm fine Anna" she snapped, "Cheryl, your not fine" I said "what's going on?"

"Everything is just hopeless, first my mom, then Jason, my dad doesn't dos anything and Marcus- I can't even deal with Marcus right now. And she's just so mean, she wouldn't let me speak at my own twins funeral, or let me go into his room" she sobbed "why won't she let you go in his room?" I asked trying to get whatever I can out of her.

"Because I used to sleep in there, she hated it" Cheryl whimpered, shit, shit, shit.

I sighed and crawled onto the bed and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, she leaned into me and cried. The second time in the last twenty four hours.

We stayed like that until she calmed down, but I could tell she was still hurt. I stroked her hair while she held onto my arm, almost like I was her lifeline. Her breathing eased and she had fallen asleep, so I let her go and grabbed her blanket and wrapped it around her after taking off her pumps.

"Anna?" She asked mumbling as her eyes opened, "yeah?" I questioned. "Thank you for staying with me" she said quietly.

"It's alright Cheryl, I'll see you at school"

She didn't say anything after that.

I packed up my things and went downstairs were there was only the Blossoms and my family left.

Penelope was sending us glares while Clifford sat on the sidelines drinking what I assumed was scotch, Marcus's jaw was clinched hard and his hands were formed into fists. My mom however was surprisingly calm, she doesn't take shit from anyone especially a Blossom. But the fact that she isn't snapping back at Penelope is surprising.

"Mom" I called, she turned to me a small smile on her face. "Is Cheryl okay, I could hear her from here" she asked, "Cheryl's fine" I answered walking down the stairs holding my bag in hand.

"That's good then" mom turned to the Blossoms and said "thank you for inviting us, it was a beautiful service. And I think it was so good that Cheryl spoke about him, and she was right. He did deserve a better family than what he got"

There it is, Lilian Regal has finally shot back.

"How dare you" Penelope growled.

"Penelope, the past three hours I've had to deal with your bullshit and I'd appreciate it if you kept that large whole in your face shut" mom said remaining calm, "let's go Anna, Marcus. I've had enough of this depressing house, no wonder Jason wanted to leave"

SMACK

Penelope's hand slapped my mom across the face, mom gripped her cheek as it stung. Marcus grabbed Penelope by her arms as she went to hit mom again, he pulled her back and passed her to Clifford who was still calm and drinking his scotch.

"Your sick!" Penelope screeched "your sick! Just like your murderous children!"

Mom turned to Penelope, oh crap.

Her calmness was long gone and now all that remained was rage, she stormed to Penelope but I grabbed her arms and pulled her back "no, mom don't" I begged. She yanked her arm back and charged straight for Penelope.

When you get punched in the face, it's either the sound of smack or the sound were you can tell it hurt. It's like a loud deep thud, that's what sound my moms fist made when it connected with Penelope's jaw.

In an instant Penelope fell to the ground clutching her cheek, Clifford quickly dropped to her aid helping her stand and inspecting her jaw which was already red.

"Mom!" Marcus yelled taking her arm, he yanked her away but her feet stayed planted. "Accuse any of my children for Jason's death and I bury you six feet under and you can reunite with your son" she snarled her eyes full of fire and hate, she let Marcus take her away.

I followed in tow as we left the house, as soon as we got in the car Marcus opened the glove box and pulled out a bottle of tablets. He opened it and took two out, he took moms hand and placed them in her palm.

He grabbed a bottle of water and shoved it in her other hand, "take them now" he said sternly starting up the car and pulling out of Thornhill.

But mom stayed frozen, "take them now mom" he growled she didn't move. "Mom" he snapped, within in moments he grabbed her wrist and tried to get her to take them.

"NO!" She screamed throwing them at the window, she began thrashing around screaming. Her fists then began to hit Marcus's arm as he tried to keep the stirring wheel straight.

"Mom!" I yelled trying to grab her so the car would stop swerving, "stop!" I screamed pushing my body to the front and pinning mom to the door.

Everything went in slow motion, "MARCUS WATCH OUT!" I screamed as he swerved to dodge the car that was almost head on with us.

Marcus stomped on the brakes skidding us to a halt, we froze for a few seconds, mom even stopped screaming. We stayed like that a few moments before Marcus turned to mom.

"Mom, please, just please take them. For me, please" he whispered calmly, mom stayed silent as she held her hand out. Marcus took out two more pills and placed them in her palm and gave her a bottle of water. She took a sip before popping the pills in her mouth and swallowing them.

"Marcus" I whispered, he looked at me "yeah, Anna"

"What's wrong with mom?"

He took a deep breath and sighed "she's bipolar" I took a look at mom, a softness in my eyes as I watched her defeated exterior lie her head on the window. She was silently sobbing clutching Marcus's hand, slowly I placed my hand on top of there's and mom looked at me.

"It's okay mom" I whispered, she let out a whimper before leaning towards me and kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry" she said quietly "I love you both, always remember that"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

17.4K 326 20
Cheryl Blossom was not a fan of the new students at Riverdale High, but there was really nothing she could do. When the gang all gets together for a...
182K 5.3K 27
[COMPLETED] "I don't want you to end up like Jason." Katherine Parker and Jughead Jones were so alike, they became each other's enemies. Both are ase...
37.1K 646 28
You are a young girl very popular with very dark secrets, but what happens when those secrets start to become exposed. Jughead x reader ⚠️ I DO NO...
24K 1.2K 49
~ COMPLETED ~ After the encouter they shared at his tralier, The aftermath's catastrophic to them and not only them, everyone around them. What if so...