Engineering Moon and the Craz...

By ChervaChenesEklat

"I fell in love with the person who has the brightest smile." ~ Forth #195 in Fanfiction (highest rank...wow... More

1. I see you
2. Drinking Buddies
3. Crazy Doctors
....
4. First Picture
6. Captivating Smile 2
7. White Band
8. This Gear
9. Grey World
PART II ~ PRESENT TENSE
10. Focus with my duties
11. Except for one
12. They all know
13. Will come hereafter
14. Not again
15. Just like a dream
16. A complete haze
17. Pieces of puzzles
18. Everything has changed
19. World at my feet
This is not an update
20. Don't ask me why
21. Holding the key
22. An urgent matter
23. Morning dew
24. Bad blood
25. Things I couldn't give
26. Why
27. Only the two of us
28. Paler against sun-kissed skin
29. He's mine
30. Claiming my man
Special 1a: Mole
Special 1b: Gifts
31. Welcome home
32. Morning ritual
33. I'm not possessive
34. Fun memory together
35. Lost and devastated
36. Coming back
37. In our soul
38. My life without him
39. Trust me
40. Freezing hell
41. What I can do
42. Finally
43. It's only YOU

5. Captivating Smile

19.2K 775 137
By ChervaChenesEklat

(Forth's POV)

"Do you really think you're done with your obligation because the biggest event in this campus was already over? Do you really think you could just neglect everything we've taught you after it? Look! Look at this! This gear symbolizes our faculty. It's also a sign that we're accepting you as our juniors. Tell me, have you received your gear?"

"Not yet, P'Kong."

"I couldn't hear you. Louder!"

"Not yet, P'Kong!"

Our SOTUS leader, P'Kong nods in satisfaction.

"So, will you be neglecting your duties once again?"

"No krub!" we all shout.

"Will you still be disrespectful to your seniors by making them wait for you?"

"No krub!"

"So, if you're really regretting what you've done today, are you willing to do 100 sit-ups together?"

"Yes krub!"

And we start doing sit-ups while holding each other.

Yes, this is what greeted me after I won as first place campus moon - Seniors punishing us, the freshmen for our careless act this day.

We know that we haven't gotten to the last part of this SOTUS* but we chose to be lax since we thought that our faculty won in the competition, these seniors would be slacked. Hence, instead of coming on the exact time of our meeting like they've trained us to do, we came 10 minutes later.

When we arrived, they were waiting like a vulture ready to grab its prey. Unfortunately, we were their preys...

They immediately lined us up without even congratulating me for winning, and started shouting at us.

Sometimes, I thought of escaping this meeting, but my fellow freshmen would be getting in more trouble if one of us was gone.

Last time, before the competition, a group of 5 freshmen didn't attend the meeting. All of us was punished by running 5 laps on the wide field for not looking after our friends. They wanted us to call everyone in our batch as our friends.

I wasn't against our practice. They've been doing it for so many years. It's like a tradition to every Engineering faculty in all universities. I think, it creates a strong bond within our faculty. Yes, the seniors tended to abuse their power over their juniors, however looking into a larger picture, it has a lot of advantages.

"Shout altogether! You're one with this punishment as you all united to neglect your duties!"

We all shout on top of our lungs.

"96, 97, 98, 99, 100!"

Someone almost falls to the ground, but because we're holding each other, he is able to get a support. A standby medic comes to help their new patient.

"Good. You may sit down but don't forget to still hold unto your friends."

We follow P'Kong's order.

"By the way, you might be thinking I was too cruel for not congratulating our moon for winning first place last Friday. Instead, we gave him a hard time... Student number 0147, Forth!"

I stand up.

"You did a great job. Congratulations."

It may sound like he's just forced to, but to tell you honestly, P'Kongpob is the sincerest senior I know. Although he rarely smile because he has to uphold his reputation as the hazing leader.

I smile at my senior.

"Thank you krub."

And I sit again. You must be thinking it's too military... Yep, SOTUS is kind of a military program.

P'Kong looks at everyone.

"Next month will be the flag capturing event. You still have a long way run to prove us that you deserve this gear. It is where we can see if you really learnt something from us. If you really put into your hearts the things we've said. And if you really realized all those things you've done.
If you wouldn't get the flag, you need to say goodbye with your gear. We would not also be accepting you as our juniors.
Think of all the hardship you've experienced... will you just be giving it up?
I was once like you. A freshman who dared to be worthy of my senior's eyes. He gave me hard time, pain, and suffering, but I was more persevering. I did not give up, until I got his approval..."

He raises his gear.

"...I hope everyone would do the same. I'll be looking forward in seeing you next Friday. Don't be late or else... forget that we have your gear. That's all. You may now leave!"

"Thank you krub!"

And we disperse before P'Kong changes his mind and lets us run 100 laps more.

For not Engineering students, they think that what we're doing is ridiculous. Just because of a gear bracelet we have to do all those military-like exercises? Why don't we just buy a gear bracelet of our own. It would even spare us time and hardship.

But, we choose to undergo those things.

Why? Why?

I have no answer either. Even I am asking myself why I should do it. I just know that I should.

Someone puts his arm around my neck. I almost punch that person if I haven't realized that it was Lam, my classmate and friend.

"What time will you be doing your homework?" he asks as we walk. "We must have been done with it if these seniors didn't call for us. They should have helped us with our studies instead of doing those things. My back and legs really hurts, you know."

"I think they have a good reason. If you can't do it, you may quit."

"What? After all the aches? Nah. I want to see how they will make us suffer till the last time. I'm curious."

Me, too.

"Anyway, Ai'Forth, now that the contest was over. What will be your plan?"

"My plan? About what? I didn't win the title. Ai'Pha has all the responsibilities as the University Moon. I don't think they will need me."

"No!! It's not what I'm talking abouttt. I'm talking about your crazy doctorrrr!"

I stopd on my tracks.

"Why? Don't tell me you have no plans about him? You'll just let him scatter his seeds to every woman in this campus?"

"It's not my business if he wanted to do it. If he wanted to have 100 children to 100 different women."

"Then why are you raising your voice?"

Did I?

Instead of answering, I start walking again toward to the parking lot at the back of our building where my motorbike is parked.

"Oi! Ai'Forth! Are you still in denial stage?"

I quickly turn to my friend.

"What should I deny?"

"That you like that crazy doctor."

"Don't call him that."

"See? You're defending him."

"Because Ai'Beam's not crazy. He's just...cheerful."

Cheerful to the point of making fun of all of his friends.

"Ah, okay. But you still like him. Look at how you say his name. It's full of affection."

I open my mouth to refute what he said, but no words come out from my mouth...

...

...

...

because deep down in my heart, I know it's true...

You must be wondering how and why did it happen. Honestly, I, myself, didn't know, too. But allow me to explain myself.

Since the first time I met Beam, I already noticed their group. Who wouldn't? They were loud and playful while all the moons and stars were reserved because of anxiety for our first gathering.

I thought, they're moons, too, because they're handsome as the other men. I also heard women talking about the guy with a perfect smile and obviously who liked to prank his cute shorter friend. But, only Pha, their friend, was the moon.

I observed them for a while as they played around. Then, go back to my own business since I thought, I'll never get to see them again.

But... I was wrong.

Every practice, they're with Pha. Though, they had nothing to do, they always accompanied their friend. I've never seen such friendship before that's willing to be together all the times.

Sometimes, they would bring their homework. Sometimes, they would watch us practice, and it made me so uncomfortable though they're not watching me but their friend. And sometimes, the guy with the perfect smile would flirt with the sophomore stars...or should I say, every time.

Between the two, I got curious about him.

He might not be as handsome as his friend Pha, but he had a charm that could captivate all the women's hearts.

He flirted with everyone but no one seemed to be bothered by it. Sometimes, he even flirted with men, though I didn't know if he's intentionally doing it.

Just a flash of his bright smile is enough to think that he's flirting with you.

From a far, I was watching him. I became friends with Pha, however I didn't dare ask him about his best friend.

What would I say when he asked me back?

I don't know. I really didn't know.

Fortunately, I got a chance to know him more by being drinking buddies. My eyes were all on him, although his eyes were always at someone else.

I could always feel a sharp object pricking in my chest every time he's showing his smile at someone. I don't know why I was feeling it. I was so confused with myself, too. So, every time it happened, I would bring out my cigarette to smoke. It's my way of clearing my mind from this haze.

*****

A/N
*SOTUS is an acronym for Seniority, Order, Tradition, Unity, Spirit. It's a hazing activity within the faculty of Engineering.
Again, if you're familiar with "Sotus the series," I borrowed a character. Heheh😅. Kongpob. I thought it would be fun to crossover two of my favorite series. But, if you have a problem with it, just tell me and I'll change the name.😁*

More Forth's POV in next chapters!!

Enjoy! 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 15.8K 83
I have waited for him for many human lifetimes, waited so long for him to fulfil his promise, waited for him to come back to me. I kept walking in t...
240K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
16.1K 1K 29
Yo is an angel. Like a literal angel, straight from heaven. He's on a mission to find love, but the stakes are very high. Will he give his heart to s...
13.2K 600 13
Earth and Kao have been best of friends. Earth is loud and cheerful while Kao is quiet and intimidating. Where ever one went, the other followed. Ne...