The O'Connell | Klaus Mikeals...

By random_shuck

Ava was known for running away. What happens when she finally has to come home only to be met with the demon... More

The start
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter fourty
Chapter fourty one
Chapter fourty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
(NEW UPDATE) Chapter forty nine
Part Two
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter sixty four
Chapter sixty five
Chapter sixty six
Chapter sixty seven
Chapter sixty eight
Chapter sixty nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy one
Chapter seventy two
Chapter seventy three
Chapter seventy four
Chapter seventy five
Chapter seventy six
Chapter seventy seven
chapter seventy eight
Chapter seventy nine
Chapter eighty
Chapter eighty one
Chapter eighty two
Chapter eighty three
Chapter eigthy four
Chapter eighty five
Chapter eighty six
Chapter eighty seven
Chapter eighty eight
Chapter eighty nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety One
Chapter Ninety Two
Chapter Ninety Three
Chapter Ninety Four
Chapter Ninety Five

Chapter forty four

7.8K 265 39
By random_shuck

Linked

Ava spent the rest of her evening Caring for Camille. She left the cafe in haste as klauses temper rose and her company was futile, heading straight back to the arms of her sister.

The pair cooked and cleaned, cried and creased, until the moon broke through the threshold of the sky. There was no calls from Niklaus nor Elijah, and that worried Ava to no end. At least one of them would would normally pine for attention and to listen to her incoherent words.

The two laid softly sleeping, woven into a blanket as they cuddled on the sofa. It had passed twilight as Avas phone began to ring. Begrudgingly, she sifted out of the warm confinements of the blanket and clicked answer without caring to acknowledge the id.

"Hello?" She groaned quietly down the line, attempting to not wake her sister.

"Ava thank god, I've been trying to reach you all night!" Haley's voice filtered through the phone, her tone laced with desperation.

"I was sleeping, I probably missed a couple rings." Ava sighed, stretching her limbs as she popped her muscles back into place.

"What ever you do Ava, I need you to stay away from the compound- to stay away from klaus." Haley demanded, her voice crackling as the reception dropped.

"Why, what happened?" Ava stopped mid track, her body stiff with fear. Something bad always happens at night.

"Klaus has full blown lost his freaking mind, okay? He killed Aidan, who knows what he'll do next!" Haley argued, the phone exuding nothing but confusion. Klaus couldn't have killed someone, not that day at least.

"He did what?" Avas voice simmered to nothing but a fragment of a child. She knew of klauses unruly and unforgiving nature, yet to hear the words that he had murdered in cold blood.
It killed Ava.

"Look we are running, that's how bad things have gotten. Please just do not go speak to him, do not put yourself in that danger." Haley begged, only then could Ava hear the exasperated pants of the hybrid.

"I won't." Ava lied.

*****

The gates were ajar when she returned to the abattoir, as if already granting her entrance. Ava ignored the sickening creak as she pushed it fully open, and instead stormed into the compound.

"Tell me you didn't do it!" She yelled with tears spiking her eyes, her glare intensely set on the hybrid.

"Avangaline." His tone was monotonous, as if he had no new burden to carry.

"Tell me you did not kill that innocent boy!" Her voice contrasted in every way. His was calm and sinister. Hers was frantic and alarmed.

He stayed silent.

"They said you admitted it." She continued, calming her voice slightly.

"Then why even come here?" Klaus retorted, his gaze narrowing to the bewildered blonde.

"To see for yourself, morbid curiosity? A new piece of the puzzle in your long standing analysis of the immortal bastard?" He roared, striding closer to the oconnell.

"Because I know you didn't do it!" Ava yelled back, matching his steps as she glared toward him.

"If I tell you who I am, and you refuse to believe me, then I can hardly be blamed for your disappointment." The hybrid retorted, each syllable violent and harsh.

"I wish I did believe Niklaus!" Ava volleyed back, scoffing at his paranoid tendencies.

"And you know what? Maybe you were right, maybe about everything. Even freya. Maybe she is out to get you, like everyone bloody else. Maybe I do believe you murdered a boy in cold blood, after all that is who you are isn't it? The big bad hybrid." Avas tone was cold as she reached the last sentence. The two were merely apart yet at the same time felt as if an ocean brandished itself between them.

"But do you know what else Freya didn't do? She didn't just kill Aidan." Her gaze had glassed over and instead her eyes were covered in an icy blue. All sense of emotion had drained from her face.

"And neither did I!" Klaus yelled, turning and storming toward the staircase.

"Then why lie! why let everyone believe you killed him? Turn everyone against you!" Ava yelled at his retreating figure, forcing it to halt and turn once again.

"If I have spilled Crescent blood, then Hayley will be forced to question her pack's loyalty to Hope, and she will not run." The hybrid declared, his face void of emotion.

"But if they can't protect her? Than who..." Ava began her voice levelling in anger.

"Only I can save her, and I need them to fear me!" Klaus interrupted the blonde, spitting as the anger pulsed through each word.

"Am I supposed to fear you, Niklaus?" Ava asked quietly, her eyebrow quirked as she awaited an arrogant response.

"It would be better for you if you did, for you to believe I am the monster they would paint me as. To sever all ties to the man who would kill any one who crossed him." Ava was speechless momentarily, taken aback by his response as he began to back away once again.

"Would you kill me? If I crossed you." She retorted to his statement, anger pulsating through her veins.

"Maybe if I tell you I would, you would leave and forget me. And then one day when all of this was past, I might find you and profess my innocence, and because you are you, you would believe me, and we would pass a perfect afternoon in a corner cafe together. And I would wish for nothing more." Klaus' tone morphed to soothe the young girl, a hand on her cheek and his eyes attached to hers.

"A better man would protect you with that lie, but I am not that man... And so I leave you with the burden of a truth that no one will believe." His hand fell as soon as he began to speak again, the monotonous tone back in his voice.

And he left Ava standing in the middle of the compound, angry and determined to to change his mind.

*****

The oconnell waited a bit before storming up to the secluded room. She knew to give him space, yet something had enticed her to attempt one last time to force him to see reality.

"You really like pushing people away don't you? Well why don't you get over your..." Ava called as she headed into the room, unaware of what was taking place.

She froze as she saw the man in the suit holding a limp hybrid as a knife plunged into his chest. Klaus' gaze matched hers as the desiccated grey tone submerged from his skin.

It was the ice cold feeling that spread through her body as she watched his consciousness fade, that had pulled her out of her trance.

"What the hell are you doing?" She yelled  as she sprinted toward them. Elijah sighed as Rebekah appeared and restrained the blonde.

"He killed Aidan, Avangaline." Rebekah explained as she struggled to withhold the oconnell with her witchy strength.

"He did not!" Ava retorted through pained breaths, attempting to withdraw from her hold.

"Undagger him Elijah! Undagger him before I dagger you!" She continued to argue, thrashing her weight against Rebekah as klaus' body lay limp in Elijahs arms.

"I hardly think, you- a human -can put down an original." A new voice sounded from the background.
Freya mikaelson.

"You're forgetting, I'm an O'Connell. I carry dark objects in my bag." Ava snapped, her glare intensifying at the blonde she did not like.

"Oh, could you stop bloody fidgeting!" Rebekah complained, readjusting her grip on the constantly moving oconnell.

"Will you stop betraying Niklaus!" Ava responded coldly, immediately feeling the loss of the grip on her arms.

"I have not betrayed my brother." Rebekah shot back in a similar tone, staring at the blonde who glared at each individual.

"I don't see daggering him as helping, Rebekah!" Ava declared, her hand pointing back to the lifeless man she had loved.

As soon as the oconnell took a step toward him, a sickening crack sounded in the air and Ava was sent to darkness. As her body fell to the floor, the two who knew her shot Freya a disconcerting look.

"I simply linked her to Niklaus. Now she can not jeopardise the plan."

•••

71.7k

I am so sorry for my crappy update schedule. I couldn't update on my holiday, which was two weeks long and I thought the Internet would be better.

I don't want to bore you so I'm going to cut the note short.

Shout outs are still now only focused on the last comment section.

Those shout outs are:
@cat521
@missreadalot17
@dreamswill
@juliamikaelson14
@esthefanyarodriguez

Please vote, comment, and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 20.3K 143
- ❝𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠❞ ✨🐺 ❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐁𝐮𝐭...
122K 1.4K 13
Ranked #15 in #theoriginals stories ☺️ *** a collection of one shots and imagines from everyone's favourite Mikaelson brothers. feel free to request...
28.8K 481 43
1000 years ago, Klaus Mikaelson, the feared hybrid, was married to a 15-year-old girl for almost a full two days when he made a mistake that has haun...
1.3M 37.4K 56
"She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together." - J.D. Salinger, A...