Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 52

145K 6.4K 4.9K
By SianaghGallagher

"Mum, dad," Hunter said and walked into the kitchen. They were still at Jacob's house but the boys had been hibernating in the bedroom, not wanting to see Grace. Margo and Anthony turned to see what their son wanted. "Can I talk to you both for a minute?"

"Sure," Margo stood up. She could feel his great thirst to say something very important and she couldn't quite tell what it was. She and Anthony headed out of the kitchen, leaving Scott and Grace to be awkward with each other while Flora did her own thing.

Hunter and Jacob had been discussing in their heads if it was right to tell Hunter's parents about Grace's big secret. They decided that it would be easier to manage if there were other people to help Jacob get through it. Also, Anthony and Margo knew Nathan, Vic's father so maybe the could talk to him about who he is related to.

When they were in the garden, Hunter shut the door and took a breath.

Margo squeezed his arm with a concerned frown.

"What is it?" Her angelic voice calmed him.

"Well, when Jacob and I were in the woods earlier, we saw Grace talking to someone so we stopped and listened to her conversation," Hunter's voice was very hushed and his parents listened with a lot of care. "She was talking to Nathan, Vic's dad and it turns out that he's Graces' brother."

Anthony blinked a few times, letting the word brother sink in.

"That's definitely what you heard?"

Hunter nodded.

"She knew about the werewolves before Jacob was born. Nathan was bonded with a werewolf when he was eighteen because of his wife, Kayla being an alpha wolf and I think he told Grace about it. But she basically rejected him because she didn't want to be part of the wolf world. Scott doesn't know about her brother and she knows that Jacob is a God because Scott's dad told her when Jacob was little."

Margo's mouth was hung open. She could barely believe it.

"And... how is Jacob taking this?"

"He was a bit overwhelmed at first but he's taking it quite well. I don't know if I can say that after it all comes out in the open."

"We should keep an eye on him. He has a lot on his plate at the minute," Anthony ran a hand through his hair. "So right now, Grace is furious with Scott for lying about Jacob's birth certificate and she is pretending like she think's he's crazy, yet she's keeping this from him?"

Hunter nodded again.

"I've tried so hard to like her but after this, I really don't."

"After not liking your relationship and treating Jacob like a baby when we first met her, I've felt funny about her. Something never really sat well with me," Margo gently rubbed her son's arm. She and Anthony loved how there was never any secrets in their family.

Apart from Hunter finding his mate but he was scared and didn't want to tell them out of rejection.

"What do we do about his?" Anthony asked but quickly shook his head. "Actually, what does Jacob want to do about this?"

"Well we talked about it and I think he wants to be introduced to Nathan and his family to get his side of the story. Then he wants to see if his mum comes clean."

"That's a good idea," Margo nodded. "We better get back or they'll be worrying. Would you like Nana to know?"

Hunter nodded with a low chuckle.

"It's best to tell her. She'll stick her nose in until we do."

"That's very true," Margo grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist. She rested her head against his chest and hugged him tightly.

"Oh guess what," Hunter smiled as Anthony wrapped an arm around his shoulders and joined the family hug. "I found out why Jacob and I share the same mark."

"Why?" Anthony asked and playfully ruffled his hair.

"Because I'm his guardian. Apparently, it's my job to help him with missions and make sure he's coping well and doing his role to the best of his ability."

Margo squeezed him tighter.

"Your father and I are so proud of you. It is amazing that you get such an opportunity. You really deserve this."

"Thanks," Hunter smiled. "I mean, it's a big opportunity and you know, a lot is expected of me but I'm glad I'm not in Jacob's position. I'm happy with just helping him."

Margo then pulled back and reached up to gently cup his chin.

"Honestly, you deserve this."

He watched her and they shared the same emotion. He has had a sketchy childhood. Something happened which involved the death of Anthony's parents and it left Hunter with a crippling fear of water. He also blamed himself for a very long time.

"It's nice to see you with that twinkle back in your eye," Anthony chuckled and pulled away. "Right, come on then Rayson's. Let's put on our best 'I know that you're lying' face and glare at Grace."

* * * * *

"Show me again, that was amazing." William was in awe of his little brother's electricity powers.

Jacob smiled and allowed the electric bolts to form on his palm once more. William's eyes lit up with the warm yellow glow.

"Can I touch it?"

"No," Jacob said quickly. "Only Hunter can touch it without getting hurt."

"Oh," William hovered his hand over the top of them. He could feel the heat. "So um, how are you coping with this? It doesn't feel like too much does it?"

Jacob shook his head to say no. He really wanted to tell William about their mums secret but he couldn't.

"I didn't like it at first because it felt too... weird." 

"But now?"

"I think I like it," Jacob's voice was quiet, as always.

"You should love it," William grinned and nudged his shoulder. "It's incredible in all honesty. I'm human and you're a God. How is that fair?"

Jacob allowed a little smile to appear, just as the bedroom door opened and Hunter re-entered.

"What are you smiling at?" He chuckled and sat next to him on the bed.

"Nothing," Jacob shrugged but the smile hovered on his lips.

Hunter's grin grew and he didn't even think about it before leaning forwards and kissing his cheek.

William sat back and crossed his arms.

"So, to achieve a relationship that'll last forever, like yours, I need to find a werewolf?"

"Not necessarily," Hunter watched the blush rise on Jacob's face. "Some human relationships can last a lifetime."

"Yeah but it's not guaranteed."

"Well, why don't you go and chat up some female Alpha's then?"

"Fine, I will," William grinned.

Just then, Sam's voice filled Hunter's head.

"Are you up to anything?"

"Yes, I'm at Jacob's house."

"Oh, can I come over later? I feel the need to celebrate now that Alisha is locked away but the omegas are boring."

"Ricky, Harrison, Zac and Jonah are all boring are they?" Hunter knew he just wanted to hang out with the alpha.

"Wait, go to mine in a bit and I'll bring everyone over. We can celebrate properly there."

"I have an idea," Hunter said out loud and switched Sam's mind link off. "Well, it was Sam's idea. But do you want to come back to mine and have like a little celebration for your psycho ex-girlfriend getting life in prison?"

"She got life?" William's face went serious. "How long is that?"

"Fifteen years."

He didn't know her for very long and that version of her that he did know was fake. She was a disgusting mutt who had no right to live anywhere but prison. Although, he liked the fake version of her and wished it was who she truly was.

"Well," He sighed. "She got what she deserved." He then curled his eyebrows into a frown which showed Hunter his similarities with Jacob's features. "I still need to properly apologise to Sam."

"You don't need to do that, he knows how sorry you are."

"I know. It's just that I did a terrible thing, even if I was forced into it."

"Don't blame yourself," Jacob said quietly. "You-" But in the middle of speaking, he vanished.

Hunter blinked and it took him almost five seconds to register that he was no longer sitting next to him. William very slowly sat back with wide eyes.

"What? I don't understand..."

"Jacob?" Hunter quickly questioned in his head. "Where are you?" He then turned to a very, very shocked William. "Don't worry, he can teleport now, it's a God thing. But he doesn't know how to control it yet."

William's face went a tiny bit pale.

* * * * *

Jacob was hurtled faster than light without a single warning. The next thing he felt was a very hard blow to his head when he smacked it off the rough bark of a tree and then a sharp pain in his back when he hit the ground with a lot of force.

He groaned and slowly opened his eyes.

He found himself staring at the canopy of tall trees. He heard the chirping of birds and buzzing of crickets in the evening light. It took him a long moment to understand that he was in the woods and he must have teleported.

"Jacob," Hunter's voice filled his throbbing head. "Where are you?"

Slowly, he pulled himself up and glanced around.

"Um..." He breathed. "In the woods."

"Are you okay? You've hurt yourself."

"I'm fine." The rush of travelling somewhere that fast was incredibly disorientating.

"Can you get back? Hold on, I'll read the letter and see if it says anything." Hunter quickly reached for the letter and asked William to help him find anything about teleportation.

Jacob wasn't sure why he came to the woods. Maybe it was because he was thinking about what happened to Sam and where he was-

Suddenly, Jacob travelled again.

It took only a handful of seconds before he found himself crashing into someone's fridge and falling hard against kitchen tiles. He heard sharp gasps as he groaned again and coughed from winding himself.

He heard a sudden screech of a chair and then a hand on his shoulder.

"Jacob!?" A familiar voice filled his ears as he squinted his eyes. He was faced with a very worried looking Sam. "How the hell did you do that!?"

He pulled Jacob to his feet who's cheeks reddened when he realised he had disturbed their dinner. Sam's family watched him with mouths hanging open.

"Um, I-I got another power today," He whispered.

Sam nodded, understanding exactly what it was. Now he had to explain to his family about who Jacob is.

"How did you get here? You've never been to my house before."

"William was talking about what happened in the woods, I teleported there. Then I was thinking about why I teleported there and now I'm here because I thought of you."

"Oh," Sam patted his shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Jacob nodded and avoided Sam's dad's gaze as he slowly stood up.

"What is going on here?" His voice was a little shaky after witnessing something that is not possible.

"Jacob, close your eyes and think about your bedroom. You have to be calm for it to work."

Jacob wanted to get out of this situation so he closed his eyes and really thought about Hunter. He thought about his beautiful eyes and his smile with a hint of his cheeky personality shining through. He liked it when he looked like that.

All of a sudden, a rush exploded through his body and his poor head found itself hitting something hard for the third time. Hunter and William jumped when Jacob crashed into the chest of drawers and fell against the floor and the door. The chest of drawers toppled onto him as he held his head in pain.

Hunter jumped over the bed to lift it while William knelt next to him.

"Jacob?" His voice was also a bit shaky. "Are-Are you okay?"

"Yes," Jacob breathed and opened his eyes when Hunter pulled him up into the sitting position.

"Breath slow, you've winded yourself," He spoke softly and gently rubbed his chest. Jacob looked up and Hunter saw the little twitch of too much emotion. "Don't worry about what just happened, don't worry about Sam and his family, he's explaining everything to them and they'll understand."

"I can't control it," Jacob's breathing was a little wheezy. "What if-"

"It's alright," Hunter sat in front of him and took his face in his hands. "We can spend the whole day tomorrow figuring it out."

Jacob nodded and took a big breath when his chest hurt a little less. He couldn't believe it happened so suddenly.

"He can teleport," William whispered to himself.

Hunter watched the stress wash over his eyes. He leant forwards and cupped his face hard.

"Don't freak out on me, this is totally normal okay?" His voice was stern and he stared at him with intense eyes.

William's mind was pulled back into reality and he nodded. Hunter let go of him and returned to Jacob who rubbed his head.

"We really have to learn on your landing," He chuckled and resisted the urge to kiss his head when pulling him to his feet.

"Yeah," Jacob whispered and cleared his throat. "It hurts crashing into people's fridges."

Hunter laughed.

"I would have loved to see Sam's face."

"Me too," William half chuckled and shook his head to make himself focus.

"I can't wait until I can control it," Jacob could feel his head healing fast.

"Me too. And I'll try not to take advantage when I'm craving pizza or something."

William scoffed and crossed his arms.

"If you're craving junk food, chances are, Jacob is craving it ten times worse."

"True," Hunter grinned. "You're like a bottomless pit."

Jacob rolled his eyes but he was smiling. William could always cheer him up and so could Hunter. The two of them together was guaranteed to burn away is bad emotions.

"Oh," Hunter turned and picked up the letter. "It says what your last power will be which I'm guessing you'll get tomorrow."

"What is it?" Jacob wasn't sure what else he could possibly receive. The events of suddenly transporting were now being pushed to the back of his mind.

Hunter turned to the last page and frantically searched through the paragraphs until he found the word he was looking for.

He glanced at his mate, knowing he was going to like this one and it would be very, very interesting to get used to seeing it in real life.

"Tomorrow, according to the letter," Hunter purposely stalled to build the suspense. The grin was very wide on his face. "You'll develop telekinesis."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2M 732K 40
Highest Ranking: #1 in Werewolf Watty's 2015 Winner: Talk of the Town 11/23/15 "Literally the best werewolf book I've ever read." -@itsroma "*rereads...
14.4K 565 39
Gosh, I'm so pathetic. I feel like I relate everything happening to me, back to Cody. It's probably because he and I were always together. But I real...
951K 35K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...
882K 42.1K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...