Hard To Forget.™

By MBCrazy1

The last we heard of Destiny, she was left crying behind her school building and pregnant, while Trey was goi... More

Chapter 1 - Regrets.
Chapter 2 - Ex, Meet Current. Current, Meet Ex.
Chapter 3 - A Pretty Heated Discussion.
Chapter 4 - Moments Like These.
Chapter 5 - Gone Missing.
Chapter 6 - You know each other?
Chapter 7 - Secrets Unfold.
Chapter 8 - Struggles.
Chapter 9 - WYMM?
Chapter 10 - Phase One of OGDBIBDA.
Chapter 11 - Apologizing.
Chapter 12 - The Reason Why.
Chapter 13 - Breaking The News To Daddy Dearest.
Chapter 15 - SURPRISE!
Chapter 16 - Just Dance.
Chapter 17 - Two In One.
Chapter 18 - The Wedding.
Chapter 19 - Blast From The Past.
Chapter 20 - Another Chance?
Chapter 21 - The Dream.
Chapter 22 - Inmate C9844
Chapter 23 - A New Kind of Livid.
Chapter 24 - Prison Visit.
Chapter 25 - Welcome to the world.
Epilogue.
So ....

Chapter 14 - Fate Doesn't Want It.

43.8K 728 153
By MBCrazy1

None of you have guessed right what Tequan might have done :P He didn't beat Ashley guys. SHEESH! Give him some credit!

This chapter may make you guys mad, but stick with it okay? The time is coming(:

(Watch the video on the side! Love that song.)

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14 - Fate Doesn't Want It.

Destiny.

Ashley began fidgeting in her seat, refusing to meet my gaze. I also notice her body slighty tembling, mostly her hands and bouncing leg. I knew from her reactions to him they must have ended badly, but now this is just ridiculous. She's acting like she witnessed him murdering a guy or something.

Intertwining my fingers, I place them onto the marble island, getting ready to do my investigation thang. After a few minutes of her not speaking again, I speak, "Ashley? Hun?"

Startled, she jumps in her seat. Her head whips my way so fast, I wouldn't be surprised if she broke her neck and was paralyzed from the neck down. "Y-Yeah?"

"I asked you why you get so nervous around Tequan."

She cocked her head to the side, playing dumb. Although she's trying to act all cool now, there's something in her eyes. I just can't place what. She's usually easy to read, so whatever happened had to have been pretty bad. "I don't get nervous around him."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her fib. Does it look like I live under a rock? She should already know that no one can lie to me, except my dad and Trey. "I saw your reaction when we came in, both times."

She didn't answer right away. She just stared at me, so I returned the favor and stared back. I tried my best to give her my most intimidating look, the one that says 'don't lie to me', but I highly doubt that's what it came out looking like. It probably looked like a grimace.

She was staring at me as if she was searching my face for anything out of the usual. Her stare was intense like she was trying to tell me something. Something very important that I might need to know.  I just couldn't figure out what. 

"Are you going to tell me?"

She blinked.

"Is that a no?"

She blinked twice.

"Did your relationship end bad?" I guessed.

She nodded, still staring at me with that intense gaze.

"Well.." I trailed off impatiently, "What happened?"

She didn't do anything. Not blink, not nod either. I was really starting to get pissed off at her lack of communication. There's clearly something I need to know, but she won't tell me.

After a moment of giving her my annoyed look, she sighed dramatically. "Look, I want to tell you, Destiny. I really do but I can't. I promised myself a long time ago that I would push what happened between Tequan and I, out of my head, and I intend on doing that."

I stared at her like she just grew another head. What does she mean she can't tell me?! "You can't tell me, or you won't?" I challenged.

She frowned. "I literally can't."

"That's not possible!" I exclaimed, "You have to be able to tell me! It clearly has something to do with Tequan and your keeping it from me!"

"I have my reasons."

"Which consist of...?"

"My safety!" She snapped, pushing out of her chair. It made a screeching noise against the tile on the floor, which make me wince. "Good luck with Tequan." Storming to the doorway, she paused, staring at me with that intense stare. "You will need it." And with that she disappeared out of the kitchen.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?! I wanted to yell at her, but I thought better of that decision. Ashley was clearly upset, but I was too. I don't understand why she couldn't tell me what happened between them. They dated in high school so it couldn't have been that bad.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my ringtone from my iPhone in my pocket. I took it out and checked the caller I.D. Tequann. Shit! I forgot he was waiting outside for me. 

I clicked answer and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Aye," His husky voice came through the phone, "what's taking you so long?"

I sighed. "Sorry. I was talking to Ashley about wedding stuff." I felt bad lying to him but I couldn't exactly say we were talking about him.

"It's coo. Take all the time you need. Don't forget to grab Vaeh either."

I smiled, even though he couldn't see it. "Thanks. I would have forgot."

"No problem baby."

After saying out goodbyes, I hung up the phone. I have a lot racing in my mind and frankly, it's too much right now. I really need to take a spa day and get my thoughts clear.

After sitting in the kitchen for a few more minutes, I decided to go get Ne'Vaeh. Her and Trent should be asleep right now, so I enter their room quietly.

I walk in just in time to see Trey kissing Trent's forehead. Both of them were sleeping, but there was a chair between their beds with a book. 

My eyes start to water at the sight. He had voluntarily but them to sleep. This is what makes it hard to not tell him about them. I know he'd be a great father. Hell, he's being a father to them now and he doesn't even know they're his.

I'm just afraid. Afraid that he will give up his dreams to make up for the three years he wasn't there. I really want him to know about them, but what will happen if he does?

Would he love them? Or would he reject them? Would he support them? Or would he put them down? Would he care if he missed three years of their life, even though it's my fault? Or would he not care and continue to bond with them?

There's alot of possible outcomes for telling him.

But.

I think I'm ready.

I didn't realize I had tears running down my face until a gentle thumb wiped them away, cupping my face in the process.

Trey.

The butterflies I get everytime he touches me, tells me that it's him. That, and he's the only person in the room who can reach my face.

"Why are you crying?" He asks softly. I can smell the mint on his breath from the gum he had eaten some time before.

I stare into his big brown eyes. Their filled with love, happiness, lust. I love that he's letting me see the emotions into his eyes, instead of blocking them like he usually does. 

With all the emotions in his eyes, love out-does them all. His eyes are filled with so much love that I can feel a stampede of elephants trying to break out of my stomach. If it wasn't for him standing so close, I'm sure my knees would have given out.

As I continue to stare into his eyes I can't help but wonder if all that love will be there when I tell him I've been keeping his kids away from him for three years. Will that happiness stll be there? Or will it be replaced with sadness?

I never noticed just how close we were until I felt his lips on mine, causing me to snap out of my trance. Putting my hands to his chest, I push him back, causing him to stumble slightly.

He looks hurt by my rejection, making me feel guilty. 

I don't want to push him away but it's best for the both of us if I don't lead him on. I don't give him false hopes that he can have me that easily.

He's a couple feet away from me, but somehow I can feel the heat radiating off of his body.

"We need to talk." I manage to whisper.

He immediately becomes alert. "I'm so sorry. That was uncalled for. I shouldn't have done that after we agreed to become fr-"

I let out a hearty laugh, cutting off his sentence, "It's fine, Trey. It's something else."

He nods, gesturing for me to go on.

I glance at the kids, taking in their innocent sleeping faces. I don't want to do this in here where I know things are going to get loud, so I decide to take Trey to my old bedroom a few doors down.

I leave out the room without a word, knowing he would follow me anyways. I walk down the hall until I reach my familiarly decorated door. I push it open and take a seat on the bed, facing the door. Not even five seconds later, Trey walks in, looking highly confused.

Instead of talking, I gesture for him to close the door. Thankfully, he gets what I'm telling him, he turns around and lock the door.

He trudges across the room and takes a seat next to me on my bed. We both seem to like the carpet because that's what we're both looking at.

A clearing of the the throat causes me to look at him. He's not looking back, but I think he can tell I'm staring at the side of his head. 

"What did you want to talk about?"

I open my mouth to respond but all my words seem to pile up in my throat. It's too late to chicken out now. I have him here. I told him I had something to tell him. I know he can tell I'm serious, so I know he just won't let it go.

I immediately feel the tears at the back of my eyes, but I force those suckers back down. I don't need to cry right now. Even though I am scared shitless.

"I...I don't want you to hate me." I drop my head and shame. Even though he begs me too look at him, I can't. 

I feel the bed even out, meaning that he got off of it. Not even a second later Trey is in my line of vision. He's squatting in front of me. Just as I'm about to look away, his pincher fingers have a hold of my chin, keeping my face in one place.

"Listen to me when I say I could never, ever hate you."

That makes me feel even more guilty. "You should hate me."

"I don't."

"You should."

"But," He insists, " I don't." He sighs, "Tell me why I should hate you."

"I'm a horrible person." My voice comes out shakier then I would like to admit.

He shakes his head. "You're not."

"I am."

"But," He stresses, "You're not. You are the most beautiful person I know. Inside and out. You make people see the good in themselves even though they can't. You bring out the best in people whether you know it or not."

I shake my head, which is still kept in place by his fingers. "That's not-"

"It is. Dammit, Destiny. Why are you all of a sudden putting yourself down? You're usually always so confident in yourself. What's with the sudden change of heart?"

I can't help it. I just feel so horrible that I was selfish enough to keep this from him for three years. How can I not feel bad about myself? I'm a horrible person.

"I have-" I swallow the lump building in my throat, "I have something very important to tell you."

He nods. "What is it? You know you can tell me anything."

"Please don't hate me after I tell you. Please, please don't hate me." I beg, feeling the tears spilling over my eyes.

"I could never."

I nod, taking his word. I remove his fingers from my chin and begin to clean my tear stained cheeks. I feel really stupid for crying but I can't help it. After taking a minute to get myself together, I turn to look at Trey, to see he's looking at me with intense eyes.

Just as I open my mouth to speak, my iPhone's ringtone fills the air. I pull it out to silence it, until I look at the caller I.D.

The hospital is calling me! Why are they calling this late?! It's almost nine o'clock!

I jump off my bed so fast, I almost forgot Trey was in front of me.

"This is the job I applied for. I have to take this." I tell him and without a reply, I rush out of the room, nearly tripping over my own two feet.

Once I'm in the hallway, I click answer and place the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I'm surprised my voice was calm. On the inside I'm freaking out!

"Yes, I'm looking for a uhm, Destiny Munroe."

"This is she." I answer.

"I'm calling about...."

__________________

After another five minutes on the phone with Carolyn, the head nurse at the hospital, I head back into the room where Trey is patiently waiting on the bed.

"Hey." He says, walking towards me, "Did you get the job?"

"Yes!" I squeal, jumping into his arms.

I can tell that he is surprised because he stumbles back, almost falling on the floor but he manages to catch him self. He wraps his arms around me to steady me.

"Congrats!"

"Thank you." I reply, squeezing him tighter.

Jumping down, I stumble lightly before regaining my balance. "She said I can start next week and the pay is awesome!"

He grins. "I'm really happy for you. Honestly. I know how long you've wanted to be a neonatal nurse and now you're finally getting to live your dream."

"You remember that?" I ask in disbelief. After three years, I didn't think he would remember much of anything. I was flattered that he remembered, but surprised at the same time.

"Of course. I remember everything about you."

I don't reply, I just stand there looking at him in shock. 

After our little enjoyment party is over, we sort of just stand in the middle of the room for a minute. He's blocking me off from his emotions and his expression is blank.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?" His mood is all of a sudden serious. I knew once he saw just how important I made this seem, he wouldn't let it go.

Sighing, I take a seat on my bed while Trey stands in front of me, waiting for me to say something.

It's hard now because the mood has been ruined. We came in here expecting the worse, then the best happened, now the worse is being expected. 

"It's about the uhm....the kids...." I trail off nervously. I really hope he doesn't end up hating me for the rest of his life. I couldn't deal with him hating me.

He cocks his head to the side, confused. "What about them? Is something wrong?"

I shake my head quickly. "There's nothing wrong. It's just...."

"What?"

I want to get it over with so I ponder things I can say. I don't want to be too blunt but I don't want to beat around the bush either. There's no telling how he could take this new information and I don't want to make it worse by the way I say it.

"You're their-"

I was cut off by a phone ringing, only this time it wasn't mine.

I watch as Trey digs into his pockets until he fishes out his phone. He gives me the one minute finger and quickly exits the room.

At this point, I don't even want to tell him, so I leave the room. On the way out, I see him talking intently on the phone, but he doesn't even seem to notice me.

I stop by the kids' room and pick up Ne'Vaeh. Surprisingly, I didn't wake her like I always did. She shifted a bit when I picked her up and snuggled herself into my chest, but she resumed sleeping. I kissed Trent goodnight and left the room.

It's like fate doesn't want me to tell him.

For now, I agree.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N - Man, Fate is so cruel to Destiny. SMH! I was rooting for her to tell him. That is a shame, huh? ;)

I KNOW YOU GUYS HATE ME AFTER THIS! But you guys didn't think it would come out that easy did you?! That's not how it works, lmfaooo :) It's coming real soon though! You won't expect it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

239K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
853 18 26
WARNING: MENTION OF MURDER, SEX, MATURE LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, CRIME, CHEATING, TALK OF SELF HARM, UNDERAGE DRINKING AND DRUG ABUSE. TROPES: FRIENDS TO...
70.7K 1.8K 33
Ronnie feels as if she doesn't have a family. Ever since she was a child, she's been tossed from foster home to foster home. In every one of them, he...
685K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...