With You

By ayexdan

"I'm going to make it known that you're mine and no one is to try to kiss you or date you. We've just gotten... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30

25

4.5K 162 16
By ayexdan

Blair's POV

I was pissed that Mom had the audacity to say Hayden wasn't good enough for me after all she's done. I still don't quite understand that, but Hayden calmed me down. And see, she hates a girl who's really trying to mend our mother daughter relationship. Because she just keeps breaking it down.

On the bright side, she heard Hayden and I talking about the whole thing and decided that Hayden was in fact a good kid. No shit Sherlock! Of course you'd think so after she defends your ass.

Okay, I'm calmed down, I promise.

Anyway, Hayden and I were finally able to go on our date that next Friday.

I was getting ready with Paige in the room.

"What are you guys doing for the date?" She asked me.

"Hayden said we were going to see the ballet show and I'm super excited. So, I guess I'll just wear a regular dress." She smiled.

"That seems fun. Can we all hangout and go somewhere after ice cream Sunday?"

"I'll ask Hayden, but I'm sure she'll say yes. She loves hanging out with you." She hugged me and left out, letting me change. I put a cute green dress on and did my makeup. I pinned my hair up and twirled around in the mirror.

"Dayum bae." I turned around and Hayden stood at the door. I grinned and so did she. She had on a dark red short sleeve button up with khaki pants. She walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"You look so cute as always." I told her. She kissed me, pushing me against the wall.

"I almost don't want to let you out of here." She told me, looking me over once more. She makes me not want to go, goodness gracious. "But, we've been planning this for so long." She kissed my neck and stepped back. "Come on." She took my hand in hers and we went to the front room.

"My baby's all grown up." Dad said coming over to me and hugging me. He looked at Hayden and nodded then they both grinned. What weirdos. "I'm glad you picked such a good son in law for me Blair." I rolled my eyes but laughed.

"Daughter in law." Hayden raised her eyebrow that I even went along with it. But it's okay to joke around. Hayden of all people should know that.

"Oops." Mom looked at the two of us, seeming a bit sad and reluctant. But she and Hayden met eyes and she sighed.

"You two have fun and be careful. Don't do anything stupid and make the right choices." She said looking at me. I raised my eyebrow but nodded.

"Okay, it's time for us to go. You guys are being weird." Hayden and Dad laughed. Hayden held my waist and we walked outside. "What was that about?" She shrugged.

"Your dad and I have a few inside jokes. I don't think your mom likes them." I nodded.

"About what?" We got in the car and she began driving.

"You and I getting married. She thinks it's crazy." My eyes widened. I mean I went along with it earlier but why are they making jokes about it?

"Wow." She glanced at me sideways.

"If it makes you uncomfortable I could stop." I looked at her; she didn't seem hurt or anything, just curious.

"No, I mean it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. Just surprised. But I don't know what I'd say if that even came up anytime soon." She laughed and waved me off.

"Don't worry, it's not. We've been together for what, seven months? I'd say maybe seven and a half is around the time for it." She joked. I shook my head at her and she laughed again. "I'm only kidding, calm down." I nodded and we talked about other things.

We made it to the theatre and Hayden and I went inside. We had good seats, fairly close to the front.

I was surprised Hayden actually watched it and didn't even fall asleep. She seemed interested in it and maybe even liked it. I was happy that she enjoyed it, I'm glad she didn't just force herself to come see something because I liked it.

After it, we just walked down the street to a small lake. She held my hand and talked about the stars.

"I never knew you had a thing for stars."

"I love the stars, they're beautiful. The constellations are interesting to me." We stopped at the lake and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I never quite thought of it that way." She hummed a yes. We sat there like that for a bit.

"Blair, I... I really love you, you know?"

"Of course I know that. I really love you too Hayd." I told her, looking up at her.

"Yeah... I just- I don't want to ever lose you. When I go to basic, I don't want to be afraid of losing you. I want to come back and know for sure I have you. I want you to really be mine. I know I'm being confusing, but I bought you this ring." She pulled a ring out of her pocket. "At first I bought it as a promise ring, but this is much more than a promise to me. I just want to swear on my life that I'm always yours. We're eighteen and I know you said you wouldn't know what to do if I asked for your hand yet, but technically, I'm not. I just want this ring to be a symbol of us being together forever. I would like for you to be my fiancé but if it's too quick I understand. I just love you so much and I couldn't bear not having you with me anymore." My mouth dropped and she sighed.

"Hayden, I don't know what to say." She got down on one knee.

"Blair, will you marry me? Like not anytime soon, maybe a few years from now? I just want to really be yours. For you to really be mine. I'll propose again when we're older. To make it really official if you want. If you say no, I completely understand-" I found myself pulling her up and kissing her.

"You're such a dork, you know? Gosh if you would've told me you'd ask me that yesterday or even earlier I'd have laughed or told you not to. But... I guess it's a in the moment feeling. Yes, I'll marry you later. I'll do it." She grinned and hugged me tightly.

"That's amazing B, thank you." She kissed me happily.

"Is that why Mom told me to make the right choices?"

"Yeah. She didn't like it at all. But, I'm glad you chose me. I wanted to just give you the promise ring, but I had a gut feeling that this would be the right thing."

"I had a feeling I should say yes. Maybe it is a good thing."

"Maybe you're right. Our parents said we could rent a hotel room. I have the money and some clothes for the both of us in my truck. I knew you'd be hungry and I didn't want the night to end so early."

"Sounds amazing Hayd. Let's get going then." She took my hand in hers and we walked to her truck.

I honestly didn't expect her to ask that at all. I was happy to be with her though, I was happy to be called her fiancé in a way. I was happy that she'd want to be with me like this, that she'd want to leave with a ring on her finger. It was amazing to me, really.

I had no problem with being with her forever. In fact, I was looking forward to it.

~
Hayden and I had graduated today, and I was still valedictorian. Hayden was set to ship out in another two weeks.

"We did it baby. You did it. I'm so proud of you B. My little genius." I laughed and kissed her.

"And I'm so proud of you Hayd. You're right, we did it." She laughed and spun me around in the air. "I couldn't have kept valedictorian if you weren't such an amazing girlfriend. You helped me throughout it all."

"It's all you babe. Don't take away from yourself." Payton and Nick came over. Our families found us and hugged us. Emma had come over with us, along with her family.

"We're so proud of you guys." Dad said ruffling up our hair. We laughed and Hayden grinned.

"I guess we'll all go eat won't we?" Jace asked. They looked at him and shook their heads. "What? It's a celebration." He mumbled.

"Well we could either do that or a party." Nick suggested. It had been a while since we've partied. I know Hayden was probably reluctant since last time she ended up with a broken leg.

"I like eating more, but that's just me." Hayden spoke up. I nodded in agreement.

Of course the parents (along with Lori and Emma) agreed with us that just eating out would be better.

We went to an Olive Garden which was amazing to me. I loved Italian food especially the bread.

"Slow down B, there's more to come." Hayden leaned over and told me. I rolled my eyes and she reached under the table and grabbed my hand. I played with the ring on her finger, the one we got for her, to make the engagement official.

Everyone was fairly surprised, but they seemed happy for us. Hayden's father was pretty pissed at first, saying she was impulsive. After I spoke to him about what it meant, he apologized and calmed down. I was happy he had begun to really accept her and I. He had some talk with her about growing up too fast and her being his little girl.

She kissed my temple and I smiled.

"You know what tastes better than Italian food Blair baby?" She asked with a smirk on her face. I frowned at her.

"Seriously Hayden? Now of all times?" She grinned and shrugged.

"Is it really that bad to say that Asian food is better in my opinion?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well you'd be lying because I know for a fact that you like Italian, Mexican, then Asian." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ha! And you'd be wrong because my number one favorite is-" I put my finger over her mouth.

"Hayden, stop!" She grinned at me again.

"Okay, fine, I lied. I was going to say something bad. Well I think it's quite good, but you think it's bad. Blair, really I'd take you right in this Olive Garden."

"Hayden, our parents are literally a few seats down from us." She rolled her eyes and shrugged.

"And?" I gave her a 'Really' look and she laughed. "I'm not saying I will take you in here. I'm just saying I would. Definitely. I'm sorry you just look and smell so good, even better than this bread and I'm hungry as fuck." I laughed at her but kissed her cheek.

"If you calm the hell down, you'll get some later." I mumbled to her. She grinned and nodded.

"Oh, I was counting on it. If you didn't hate bathrooms I'd be-"

"Stop whispering over there, tell us all what you're saying." Payton said winking. Hayden grinned and I glared at her.

"Sorry dude, strictly wife and wife stuff here." I blushed a little and Hayden smiled widely. "Aww, you're so cute B." I rolled my eyes at her but smiled.

"You guys are so gay." Nick told us grinning at Hayden.

"What a hypocrite." She told him. "Anyway," She dragged out. "Stay out of my business boys. I was having an interesting conversation."

"Hayden, you stop that now. I know that look." Her mom scowled at her. She frowned but nodded.

"Yes ma'am." I can't believe she tells her mom every single thing. It's like they're the best of friends, even more so than she and Nick. I mean, I sorta understand because her mom is super cool. But her mom literally knows the exact face Hayden makes when she's making dirty jokes and she always catches is.

Maybe I understand it, because my mom and I used to be the same way. I've actually grown more closer to Mrs. Parker. Don't get me wrong, my mom and I still go shopping together, but when I need help with a gift for Hayden or anything between Hayden and I, I go to her mom. I can't talk to my mom about anything Hayden related.

She has accepted Hayden and I, but she still for some reason always expects the worst from Hayden. Like Hayden should be lucky to even be in my presence. I don't like that, at all. But, through it all, she's still my mother and I love her.

Dad on the other hand always accepted and loved Hayden. He embraced her even more after I told him we were officially engaged. He knew she would ask, but wasn't sure I'd say yes. Dad was ecstatic when I told him. He and Hayden hung out even more.

"Food's finally here, about time. I was starving." Hayden muttered. I laughed, also happy the food had come. Each of our food were put in front of us. "Hey." Hayden whispered to me.

I looked at her, raising my eyebrow.

"Can I like... taste some of that?" She asked me. She had gotten spaghetti and I got lasagna.

"I told you to get this instead." I taunted her, smiling.

"Yeah, but I hadn't had spaghetti in so long. But that smells so good and it looks so good. Just one bite, please?" She whined.

"Leave the girl alone." Lori told her sternly. Hayden frowned at her and I laughed.

"It's fine Lori, thanks." I turned to Hayden and smiled. "I'll give you a bite, if," I lowered my voice and she leaned over to hear me. "You find a way for us to get our alone time tonight." Hayden's face lit up and she grinned.

"I knew there was a reason I loved you." I frowned and plucked her head. She still had that grin on her face. "Baby, this is why I have a truck. The cab is quite big enough for the both of us if we just have a blanket laid down back there. I promise I'll make it amazing." The way she said it made me shiver and I nodded. I'm not the type of girl to have sex on the back of a truck, but she made it seem quite okay. But I mean, I did have sex in the back on the first date. I guess it'd be okay.

"Yeah... okay." She kissed my cheek.

"And if not, I'll find another way. We'll get our time tonight, I promise." I nodded and gave her a bite of the lasagna. She laughed and chewed it. "Totally should've gotten that."

"Aren't I always right?"

"Yes you are." She tapped my nose and I smiled.

"I honestly just want to eat and leave though." She laughed at me.

"Aww babe, you're so eager aren't you?"

"Today's been a long day, I just wanna cuddle and stuff."

"Looking forward to the stuff..." Hayden said, stuffing her mouth.

"So two weeks huh Hayden? You ready?" Paige asked her.

"As ready as I'll ever be to leave my baby girl for so long." She pulled me closer and I smiled. I wasn't happy that she'd be gone so long but I'll talk to her whenever I can.

As for Paige, she was doing great. She and I, sometimes Hayden, still went for ice cream every Sunday. She and her dance group had went to Nationals and won third. I think that was quite great, really. Hayden and I were there to support her and she was so happy about it all.

I forgot to say that my team and I went and won second. It wasn't the best, but I can for sure say I was proud. It was even better to have Hayden meet me in the back, telling me how proud she was as soon as we got off stage.

It was great to have such an amazing fiancé to be with me every step of the way. I couldn't ask for more from her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 39K 45
[ Complete. Highest Ranking #3 in Chick-lit!] "Do I have permission to grab your ass, sexy?" Hayden teased. My face wrinkled in disgust. "Gross," I m...
564K 19.9K 28
[GirlxGirl] Hayden was a happy girl, content with everything that she had, and everyone loved and adored her. One night her parents left to New York...
433K 13.1K 59
204K 5K 42
"Let's forget it!"He said and acted nonchalantly The stranger frown increases and Hayden swears that the temperature in the room increases multiple t...