The Mentor

By xXMeXx627

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO THE TUTOR! Margret wasn't raised as your average teenage girl. She has be... More

1. The Mentor
2. The Mentor
3. The Mentor
4. The Mentor
5. The Mentor
6. The Mentor
7. The Mentor
9. The Mentor
10. The Mentor
11. The Mentor
12. The Mentor
13. The Mentor
14. The Mentor
15. The Mentor
16. The Mentor
17. The Mentor
18. The Mentor
19. The Mentor
20. The Mentor
21. The Mentor
22. The Mentor
23. The Mentor
24. The Mentor
25. The Mentor
26. The Mentor
27. The Mentor
28. The Mentor
29. The Mentor
30. The Mentor
31. The Mentor
32. The Mentor [END]
The Mentor: Epilogue

8. The Mentor

22.8K 510 66
By xXMeXx627

8

We continued watching the movie and through it I scooted closer and closer to Declan.  He was so warm and comfortable.  I just wanted to.

But all good things must come to an end.  The movie finished and I knew my parents were going to pick me up around six.  I had about a half an hour left. 

“Great movie!” Lyn said stretching and standing up.  Her shirt went up a little revealing her stomach a little and I saw Noah staring.  Made me chuckle a little to myself.

Suddenly Declan leaned down and whispered, “You weren’t kidding when you said he likes her.”

“You noticed that too huh?”

We both snickered to ourselves.

“What’s so funny you two?” Lyn asked eyeing us.

We both immediately stopped laughing and put on innocent faces.  “Nothing, Declan just said something humorous.” I replied quickly.

“Okay whatever.” She smiled slyly. Her and Noah both left the room.

“Well, I’m going to peel out early.” Chelsea said.  “I’ve got some homework to do and no time tomorrow.” She smiled and we both said goodbye to her.

“Well, how was your first mainstream movie experience?” Declan asked.

“It was great!  The movie was very long, but interesting.” I said beaming.

“I’m glad you liked it.  We will definitely have to do this a lot to catch you up.”

“I’m a quick learner.” I smirked.

“Yeah I can tell.” He chuckled.

“You know, I was thinking about how I’ve been here a few weeks and I’ve already learned so much.  About people and myself.”

“That’s good.” He smiled big. “It’s like I’m your Mentor.  Teaching you in the ways of teenagers.”

“Wouldn’t that make Chelsea, Quinn, and Lyn my mentors too?”

“No, because they’re your teachers.  They teach you girly things.  Things that you can actually probably get from anyone.  I teach you something you can’t learn from other girls…well…you can, but I don’t think you really swing that way.” He chuckled.

“Huh?” I completely did not understand what he was referring to.

“Never mind.  But do you see what I mean?  I show you things and you learn more about yourself and there’s a deeper meaning to what I do.”

“Wow, you’re sure humble.” I laughed.

“Hey, I’m explaining our roles.  They’re your teachers and I’m your mentor.  It makes sense!”

I thought about it for a minute.  “So, it’s like they teach me basics, but you teach deeper and show me things they can’t.”

“Exactly what I just said.” He said flicking my head again.

“Alright, I get it! No need to flick!” I laughed.

“Okay,” he replied slyly. “How about I tickle you instead?”

“What?!” Because I couldn’t stop him he began tickling me and I couldn’t breath.  I was laughing and kicking.  “Stop! Ah! Stop Declan!” I continued laughing and he was too.

He finally stopped and I hit his should.  “Jerk!”

“Oh hush, you were laughing.” He said shoving my shoulder playfully.

“You know, no one’s ever really tickled me.” I said suddenly.

He stopped short at that, “Really?  Even your parents?”

“You heard me talk about them.  Do you really think they’re the tickling type?”

“Excellent point.  That’s sad though.  My mom and dad used to chase me and tickle me all the time.  It was my favorite.  My dad would also tickle my mom so much she’d begin snorting.” He chuckled.  “He’s six four and she’s only five two so he takes her down easily.”

“You’re family sounds so nice.” I commented.  “I would love to meet them.”

“My mom wants to meet you too.  She’s crazy, but I explained to her that you aren’t like other girls.” He them winked at me.  I got all red and flustered again. 

The smallest things with him set me off.  My heart would race and cheeks would blush.  I would lose my train of thought and get all tongue tied.

“I remember you telling me how she chases girls off.”

“Yeah, but I promise she won’t do that to you.”

“Declan, can I ask you something?”

He chuckled, “You know that you always can.”

“How do you feel about-” My question was immediately cut off by Rosie coming in.

“Hey you guys we still have too many cookies, want another?” She said with a huge grin, shoving the plate of cookies in my face. 

I smiled back and took one.  Declan did too.

“Where did Lyn and Noah go?” She asked.

“They left a few minutes ago.  We don’t know where.” Declan responded quickly.

“Okay, well as long as they aren’t doing anything bad.” She giggled and walked out.

“Bad?” I asked.

Declan smiled down at me, “Maggie, you’re adorable.  I love that you’re so innocent.”  He leaned closer to me then and whispered, “And that you turn red so easy.” He smirked.

I immediately backed away and covered my cheeks.  “I…uh…It’s really warm in here.  I’m going to go outside.”  I stood up quickly and went outside to the backyard. 

I suddenly heard a sound.  It sounded like a person, but…weird.

I walked around the side of the house and then I’m pretty sure my entire face was a tomato.

Noah and Lyn were kissing…a lot…

I quickly turned on my heels and ran away thus running into someone and falling with a loud thud.

I was so embarrassed and now I was lying on top of Declan while Noah and Lyn came running out of their hiding place.

“Woah there you guys.” Lyn said with a smug look. 

I flew up and ran like lightening inside. 

Before I got inside I heard Declan say, “You should talk.  What were you doing back there hmmm?”

I didn’t stop though, I ran to Lyn’s room, shut the door, and sat on her bed.

I hugged my knees and sat there. 

I was so overwhelmed.  I had all these new feelings, but I didn’t know what to do with them.  Everything he did made me nervous.  He made me get all warm and lightheaded.  My stomach twist in knots and my hands became clammy. 

I heard someone open the door quietly, “Maggie? Are you alright?” Lyn asked.

“Lyn, I think I’m ill.” I said suddenly. 

“What? Why do you think that?”

“My stomach feels funny, I’m super hot, and I keep on getting lightheaded and flustered.” I rushed out.  I must be sick.  You don’t feel this way when you like someone right?!

“Well, when did you begin to feel ill?”

“After I dressed in your clothes.”

“So…when Declan showed up.” She said with a knowing smirk.

“Yes, but…I feel ill.  I mean…if I like someone I shouldn’t feel like this right?”

She chuckled, “No, you’re not sick or ill at all.  What you described is exactly how you should feel.”

I looked at her with surprise coating my face.  “Really?!”

She laughed, “Yes!  You really like him.  Everyone can see it.” She smiled sweetly at me.

I sat there in thought for a second then spoke up, “I don’t want to kiss him though.”

“Why not?”

“At least not yet.”

“Hm…well, I suppose for never being kissed that’s reasonable.”

“I saw you and Noah by the way.”

This time she turned red instead of me.  “Oh…ha…yeah, well that just kind of happened.”

“I’m kind of jealous.  To be able to just kiss him like that without feeling nervous.”

“I was nervous.” She said sitting next to me.  “At first, but then you ease into it and the nervousness just flies away.”

“Why were you nervous?”

“Well, you just get butterflies and hope that you aren’t a bad kisser.” She chuckled.

“How’d you guys start kissing?”

“Hm…at first we just wanted to get away to talk alone, but then after some nice small talk we just looked at each other and he slowly leaned in and I didn’t stop him.” She shrugged.  “I’m all about the guy making the moves.”

“I see.”

“This isn’t something you can learn by watching or asking for advice.  I mean it could help, but you just need to do it to know.”

“Yes, I suppose.  I just can’t.”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to.  You seem to be getting more comfortable with Declan.  Maybe someday soon when you least expect it, it will happen, and you’ll have no hesitation.” She smiled reassuringly.

I returned her smile then I looked at the clock on her dresser and panicked.  “I have to change!  My mom is going to be here any minute!”

“Oh crap you’re right!  And now we probably don’t have time for the boys to leave.  Dang it! Just hope she doesn’t ask about Noah or Declan’s car.”

“Oh goodness!”

“Is everything okay?” We heard from outside the door.  I wasn’t changing yet so Lyn opened it.

Declan and Noah were standing there confused.  “Alright, Margret’s mom is going to be here any minute.  She has to change and there’s a chance she might come inside so that means you both may have to hide.”

“Okay, sounds good.” Declan said smiling.  He then looked at me, “Maggie are you okay?  You hit me pretty hard.”

“I’m fine.” I said quickly and averting my eyes.

“Oh, okay.”

I used my peripherals and looked at him.  He looked slightly upset and I didn’t quite know why.

“Okay boys, you leave and go to the backroom and stay there until Margret is gone okay?”

Declan perked up, “Wait will I get to say bye to her first.”

“Fine. Until we hear a doorbell we will be back there too, but leave so she can change!”

“Okay, okay!” They both left and Lyn tossed me my dress and I ran into the bathroom.

I quickly switched my clothes and walked out in my dress.

“Adorable, now you need to go down there and not be awkward around Declan.”

“Ugh! I don’t know how!”

“Just don’t think about the fact that you like him and act like you would any other time.  You used to be perfectly comfortable! What happened?”

“I don’t know!  Maybe it’s the whole…being out of school.  Here there aren’t school rules or things like that to keep us from doing things.”

“Oh, I understand.” She grinned.  “Don’t worry about it! Be your normal quirky Margret self!”

“I’m quirky?”

“Never mind.” She chuckled.  “Let’s just go.”

We began walking to the back room when I stopped her.  “Um…Lyn, I have a question.”

“Yes?”

“Are you and Noah together now?”

That question seemed to catch her off guard.  “Um…I actually don’t know.”

“Oh okay, well, I hope you two are.” I said smiling.  “I like you both together.”

“Aw, Margret you’re the cutest.”  She gave me a hug and we continued into the back room where the boys were.

Lyn went over and began chatting with Noah and I stood awkwardly next to Declan.

He chuckled a little, “This time it was you who ran into me.”

I smiled a little, “Hush, it was an accident.” I said looking up at him.

“Oh, I don’t mind.” He winked. I felt my ears get warm.

I looked away from him, ‘Can I not keep my emotions down for just a minute?!’ I thought to myself. 

Suddenly we all heard the door bell ring.  My mother.

I looked back at Declan and he was looking that way sadly.  “Well, I guess this is goodbye until Monday.”

“Yes, I suppose.” I said looking at my feet. 

Suddenly I felt a pair of lips on my cheek and I quickly looked up at a smiling Declan.  “Goodbye Maggie, I’ll see you Monday.”

Lyn quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me to go meet my mother.  I just kept staring at Declan.  He waved and chuckled to himself.

Finally I snapped myself out of it and went out front. 

“Let’s go Margret.” My mother said sternly. 

“Okay.” I turned to Rosie and Lyn, “Thank you for letting me come over.  I had a wonderful time.”

“Oh anytime!” Rosie said happily.

My mother and I finally left and began the drive home.

I looked out the window and touched my cheek lightly.  I could still feel him lips there.  He had kissed my cheek so abruptly.  I smiled to myself.  My chest tightened when I thought about it.

Finally at home I had a silent dinner with my parents and then went up to bed.  I couldn’t fall asleep for hours though.  His face and lips just kept running through my mind.  That silly Declan Carson Meyers.  My Mentor.

**Hope you like it!:) Let me know what you think!:)**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
77.9K 3.9K 40
[WATTY'S 2022 SHORTLIST!] Marley Miller and Daniel Gold grew up going to camp together. They experienced each other's awkward teenage years, pulled p...
521K 8.4K 73
"You don't know where I come from, and I don't know where you come from. So lets just put aside our differences... for the gang" - Gracie Trying to g...
743K 10.8K 21
Jenna Matthews is her high school’s “It Girl.” She has the looks, the boyfriend, the status. Life couldn’t be more perfect. Who doesn’t want to be lo...