Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 47

147K 6.7K 3.2K
By SianaghGallagher

Jacob could not explain why he suddenly felt so powerful. The lightning forming around his hands should be alarming him, but it wasn't. Looking at it felt oddly normal. For some reason, his mind was telling him that everything was okay, this is what is supposed to happen.

Hunter's eyes were wide and he had shuffled away. He was incredibly intrigued yet, a little cautious. Lightning is not to be messed with. Margo and Anthony had run out to watch with the same wide eyes as their son.

A huge rumble of thunder bellowed within the clouds. Jacob jumped and his gaze remained fixed on the flickering yellow lightning. A few seconds later, it grew more intense and started touching his palms. It made his skin tingle but he liked it.

Hunter sat up when he realised it wasn't going away.

"Are you... taking the lightning from this storm?" He asked.

"I-I don't know," Jacob breathed. "What do I do?" He didn't know how to control it or what he could do with it.

Hunter had enough of just staring at him so he quickly got up. He wanted to see what he was capable of. Jacob slowly got up too and put his hands together. The electricity combined and continued to circle them.

"Try aiming it at something and see what it does," Hunter suggested. Jacob was slightly fascinated so he pointed his hand and a bolt of the electricity shot out of him and landed hard on the floor next to Hunter's feet. He jumped back and almost lost his balance. "Not at me!"

Jacob smiled and stared at the now burnt patch of grass in front of him. Could he really control that? He wanted to know more about it.

Hunter watched him turn and point his hand at another patch of grass. The bolt, like last time, shot in that direction and exploded on the ground. He then turned and did it again.

"Hey!" Anthony's voice echoed across the field, stopping him. "Stop ruining my grass!"

Hunter rolled his eyes.

"I'll get some wood for you. Do you think you can turn it off on command?"

"I don't know." Jacob was getting a little excited. He has always been a bit jumpy and weird around thunderstorms. Now, they would be his favourite kind of weather because the storms are here for him. "Can you um, come here?"

Hunter frowned and watched with caution.

"No."

"I want to touch you and see what happens."

Hunter held his hands up and took a step back.

"I'm not going to be your little guinea pig. Experiment on Sam. I'll call him."

"He's injured. I don't think it'll hurt you though."

"Are you serious? just look at the grass," Hunter pointed to the fried black grass with smoke sizzling out of it. "You are not-"

Jacob pointed his hand at Hunter and a bolt shot out of it. But this time, it was different. It was like a rope of electricity that shot forwards and quickly wrapped around his wrist like a whip.

"Jacob!" He panicked, thinking that his hand was going to burn off or he would feel immense pain. However, he didn't. Jacob's eyes were full of interest. He imagined that to happen and it did. How did he know it wouldn't hurt Hunter?

Flora stood up when she realised young Jacob was managing to tame his power. He pulled on the bolt and it tugged on Hunter's wrist, bringing them closer together.

"How is that not hurting me?" He was surprised, it felt cold on his skin.

"This is amazing," Jacob whispered and opened up his fist. The bolt shot back into his palm on command. He wasn't overwhelmed, he wasn't finding this too hard to deal with. He is now beginning to understand that this is, in fact, a gift and he should not take it for granted.

Hunter walked closer and held out his hand. Jacob held out his hand too and rested it on top of his. The electricity began to flicker around them and not hurt Hunter one bit.

"It's such a strange feeling." He watched in astonishment. He has never been this close to lightning without dangerous risks. "Can you turn it off?"

Jacob didn't want to see it leave. There was something about the warm yellow glow that comforted him. However, he understood that it was now inside him forever.

Hunter watched it crackling in small twists, spirals, and flashes as it coiled around their hands. Jacob was incredibly important to the wolf world, he couldn't wait for his dad to announce it to this city so it can be declared across the country. It should spread like wildfire. A lot of people won't believe but Jacob can prove his status now. He can show them who he really is and be proud of it.

His confidence is growing because finally, he's starting to know who he is truly supposed to be.

All of a sudden, the lightning disappeared just as quickly as it came. The yellow radiance faded and it seemed to be absorbed back into his veins and slowly released into his bloodstream. Even though it was gone, he could still feel it, surrounding his heart.

Hunter pulled on Jacob's hand and made him lean against him. He quickly put an arm around his waist and kept their bodies together.

"That was hot."

Jacob's cheeks, as always, reddened in an instant.

"I can feel it."

"The electricity?"

Jacob nodded and examined Hunter's face. He often found himself falling deep into his lustrous eyes. They stood out and melted him immediately. They could calm his nerves just by a certain shimmer, they were powerful and really exuded his soul.

Now that this power had taken its clamp onto Jacob, he couldn't really explain why he felt so at peace with himself and he wasn't sure why he was starting to see Hunter in a more natural light. He was beginning to see more than just him and he could sense his aura.

"Are you okay?" He had been staring at Hunter with an amazed look on his face.

"Thank you."

"For what?" Hunter chuckled and let go of his hand so he could wrap his other arm around him.

"For-For helping me through this," He was quiet but he wanted to say it. "I'm sorry that I've been angry at you for not being here for me over the past year. But you were patient when I yelled at you in my head and you tried to help me when I was at my worst." Again, he wasn't great at expressing himself and found it awkward. But he was feeling relaxed and he couldn't keep holding a grudge. His life is changing for the better, this is who he is and this is who he has always meant to be. "And... I-I do trust you."

Something within them seemed to set. Having trust issues in a relationship like theirs simply will not work. But they've sorted it with time and tolerance.

Hunter let out a smooth and short chuckle, sending quivers down Jacob's spine.

"You can still yell at me in your head," He smiled. "And you can still break down when things get tough. I know you felt alone for a long time but I'm here now. You'll never feel like that again." Hunter was growing closer as the sky began to clear after fulfilling its duty.

"I know that now," Jacob whispered and stared at his mouth. Then, without a second thought, he moved his head in close and gave Hunter a simple kiss on the lips who raised his eyebrows, not expecting him to make the first move. However, his growing confidence was sweet and he loved it.

He kissed him back, just before he pulled away but the tingling on their lips of one another will stay for a little while.

Hunter's eyes suddenly grew playful and he pushed Jacob back. He linked his fingers together and lightly cracked them.

"Right, show me what you've got lightning boy."

Jacob shook his head with a hearty smile.

"Never call me that again."

Hunter tilted his head and crossed his arms.

"Fine, Jacota."

* * * * *

It was now seven o'clock on a warm Saturday morning.

Hunter was stood with a bowl of porridge and messy bed hair. He watched Jacob from his door. His mate was laying in bed, protesting about leaving the warm comforts of the duvet.

"Come on, we get up early for our training days."

Jacob let out a cute groan and rolled over. He was tired and didn't enjoy early starts on a weekend unless he was feeling ready for one. Hunter had not prepared him by forcing him to watch a film last night.

Margo stood next to her son and rubbed her eyes.

"Bless him," She chuckled. "I'll make him some breakfast, that might lure him out of bed."

"What is she making?" His voice instantly filled up Hunter's head, causing him to laugh.

"What are you making him?" He asked and followed her to the sink.

"Well, I think an English breakfast is fit for a god, don't you?" She said loud enough for him to hear. Jacob immediately lifted his head when his belly rumbled and his mouth started to water. He quickly climbed out of bed and sleepily stumbled out of the room.

Hunter watched him with amusement.

"Why do I have to compete so hard with food?" He sighed.

Jacob pulled the sleeves of his top over his hands and stood politely, trying to discretely yawn.

"Sit down love, I'll make you some tea," Flora beamed and patted his back on the way past.

Just as Jacob sat on the crooked wooden chair, there was a knock at the door but Margo turned with a frown. She pointed a greasy spatula at her son with warning eyes.

"Don't you think for one second that I'm feeding your pack. This family are the only people I will cook for, I am not your maid."

Hunter held his hands up in defence when Jacob felt rather warm inside. Margo basically said he was like family.

"Alright," Hunter slowly stepped towards the door. "I'll get dad to do it."

Margo chuckled and turned.

"That's my boy."

"You should do it yourself," Jacob thought with a little smile.

"Don't you start," Hunter gave him a cheeky stare before opening the door to his pack who were looking a little tired but ready to train.

"Morning," He let them in and was surprised to see Sam with his arm still in bandages and sitting comfortably in a sling. "What are you doing here? I said you could have this Saturday off. You need to rest."

"I'm fine," Sam chuckled. "I'm healing fast anyway. A few more days and I'll be back to normal."

"That's not the point," Hunter crossed his arms. "You're going to injure yourself."

"I'm not here to train today. I've come for moral support and also I want to see how Jacob gets on." Sam turned and walked over to him. He didn't say anything about his godly status, he was still trying to get his own head around it. Hunter needed to explain it all to his pack so they fully understood what was happening.

"Oh, Alpha," Harrison stepped forwards. "I've been told by my sister that she has seen Brad hanging around your woods recently. I thought you should know in case he's up to something. Nobody has heard from him since he was kicked out of the pack and his family haven't been turning up to the city meetings."

"That's interesting," Hunter narrowed his eyes with thought. "Thank you for telling me, I will track him down later."

"You're welcome Alpha," He beamed. Just like Sam, he loved to be praised by him.

Just then, Margo put down a big plate of breakfast in front of Jacob, making his eyes light up.

"Oh my god," Sam breathed in awe of the wonderful food but stopped and stared at Jacob. "Wait... is it weird to say that around you?"

Hunter shook his head and received funny looks from his friends. They didn't understand. He knew he'd have to explain very soon but right now was not the time.

"Shut up Sam."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.3K 68
Her name is Violet France she's a loving person with lots of people & wolves that love her. She has a very good life with one of the best werewolf pa...
4.1K 153 11
Book 5 - Fire Series Must read Fire of Redemption first or this book will contain major spoilers, if you don't mind that. . . Then feel free to emoti...
380K 24.1K 44
{Completed} *WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST* *Wattpad Featured Story - Oct 2017* You shouldn't date before you've found your mate. It's what all the teenagers...
247K 9.5K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...