The Spark Within (Sterek)

By Halevetica

Deaton had always suspected a spark was buried deep within Stiles. When he proves it right he tells the alpha... More

Deaton
Talk to me
Mistletoe
Are you okay?
He's dangerous
Shamanic crisis
Theo
Absolutely not
Calm down
Blood Oath
The answer is no
I'm used to it
Kai
You don't have to
You push and push
A scene
I'm so sorry
Say you won't leave
Loyal
I'm fine
Okay
Trouble
Connection
I'm here
I see the way...
I already have you
Dominic
Jealousy
He knew
Please, just let me explain
I get it
Why
You don't know what you do to me
Boyfriends

Anchor

9K 347 171
By Halevetica

Derek sat next to Stiles' who lay sleeping in Derek's bed. He watched the younger boy with curious eyes. He hadn't left Derek's side the entire time he was in the hospital. He'd been his usual caring self. A side of Stiles Derek had grown to appreciate. He knew Stiles wasn't the biggest fan of him but it didn't stop him from doing everything to help get a wolfsbane bullet out of Derek's arm; or keep him from holding a paralyzed Derek above water for two hours. Stiles may have been the one to accidentally poison him but he saw the regret and guilt Stiles wore. Derek would never admit it out loud but he held so much respect for Stiles. He trusted him the most out of his pack, despite what he said.

Derek wanted to reach for the brunette, his face furrowed in a restless grimace, but he didn't want to wake him.

Suddenly Stiles shot up in bed letting out a loud yet strangled scream.

Derek grabbed the flailing boy trying to calm him. "Stiles, shhh, it's okay, you're okay." Derek gripped Stiles so the boy's back leaned against his chest. His arms wrapped around Stiles torso and arm.

Stiles stopped screaming, one hand gripping the bed sheets harshly the other holding onto Derek's arm for dear life.

"Shhh." Derek hushed gently.

Stiles had sweat dripping down his face. His body ached and he struggled to catch his breath as he panted.

"You're okay." Derek spoke quietly not letting go of Stiles.

"It happened again." Stiles whispered between pants.

"The dream?" Derek asked still holding Stiles.

"It was different this time. It's the same one I had in the hospital." Stiles released the bed to wipe a bead of sweat from his brow.

"You were the one drowning in the fountain. Everytime I tried to pull you out, the water's surface would turn to ice at my touch." Stiles let go of Derek's arm and pulled away from Derek's grasp.

"I don't know what it means, but I can't hurt anyone else. If I kill you, then the pack is left without an alpha. I-I can't do that to them." Stiles' breaths became quicker and shallow.

"Stiles." Derek put his hand on Stiles' arm. The burning feeling under his hand proved Stiles' temperature had spiked again. "You need to calm down. I think your spark reacts to your emotions. You're skin is on fire again." Derek spoke calmly.

"Find an anchor." Derek wasn't sure if that would work but he didn't know how to calm Stiles down. That had always been Scott's thing.

"I-I don't have one." Stiles gasped gripping the bed with both hands this time.

"What about Scott? He's your best friend." Derek suggested.

Stiles shook his head.

Derek felt the pain Stiles was feeling begin to crawl through Derek's wrist. He didn't let go though. "What about a crush you have or-" Derek was cut off by the pain. It was more severe now. He grit his teeth not willing to let go yet.

"Th-Theo." Stiles stuttered in a whisper.

"What?" Derek frowned.

"Theo, he's in my English class. He's also my lab partner in chemistry." Stiles explained still breathing heavily.

"Okay, what about him? Tell me about him." Derek nodded urging Stiles to continue.

"I've been crazy about him since fourth grade. He's got a beautiful smile and an infectious laugh. He's really smart and always laughs at my dumb jokes."

Derek could feel Stiles' skin begin to cool down and the pain start to dissipate.

"Keep going." Derek encouraged.

"He's the captain of the swim team. He hates Jackson. He has gorgeous blue eyes that I get lost in sometimes." Stiles eyes were closed as he imagined Theo was in front of him. "He doesn't go anywhere without his Nike water bottle. He runs track too."

"Stiles, it worked." Derek smiled releasing Stiles' arm.

Stiles opened his eyes. His breathing was steady and his skin was a normal temperature again. He unclenched his hands from the bed and looked at a smirking Derek.

"I didn't know you had a thing for anyone." Derek rose a brow at a blushing Stiles.

"It's not like we're close." Stiles snapped obviously not happy about having told Derek about Theo.

"I knew you were into guys I just didn't know you were into a specific one. I've never even heard of this guy." Derek smirked.

"Only Scott, Lydia and Allison know. I'd like to keep it that way." Stiles snapped again.

"I'm not gonna say anything." Derek chuckled. "But why haven't you told him how you feel?"

"He's one hundred percent straight. That doesn't exactly make me his type." Stiles ran a hand through his messy hair.

Derek only nodded.

"Look, I'm exhausted can I go home now?" Stiles yawned.

"Not gonna happen." Derek said grabbing Stiles' arm, keeping him from getting up.

Stiles let out a sigh. "You can't keep me here forever. My dad will wonder where I am."

"I text him and told him you'd be staying here for a few days.  He's fine with it." Derek smiled.

"You text my dad?" Stiles gaped at Derek.

"He trusts me. He said you needed to get out of the house." Derek shrugged.

Stiles rolled his eyes and fell back on the bed. "Wait, is this your room?" Stiles asked looking around.

"Yeah." Derek nodded simply.

"And this is your bed?" Stiles looked at the blue sheets he was laying on.

"Yes, Stiles my bed is in my room." Derek rolled his eyes.

"I hate you." Stiles huffed looking up at the ceiling.

"Don't worry the feeling is mutual." Derek responded a bit harshly.

Stiles bolted up in the bed glaring at Derek. "Then why are you doing this? Why keep me here? Why let me sleep in your bed. Why suddenly act like you care about my well being. And don't use me being a pack member as an excuse." Stiles snapped.

"Because I need you Stiles." Derek snapped back.

Stiles frowned. "What? Why?"

Derek pinched the bridge of his nose. "Don't you get it?" Derek pushed himself out of the chair. "You're an emissary. I'm an alpha."

Stiles eyes widened as he scrambled to his feet. "You want me to be your emissary?"

Derek nodded. "Yes, Stiles."

Stiles let out a snort. "Not a chance."

Derek let out a frustrated sigh. "Do you really hate me that much?"

"Derek, I don't trust you. I'm only here because of Scott. And don't act for a second like that's not true for you too. If I wasn't a package deal with Scott I wouldn't be a second thought to you. But now you want something from me so you think you can act like you care all of a sudden. Well it doesn't work that way. I'm not gonna be anybody's emissary and I'm sure as hell not gonna be yours." Stiles stood his fists clenched at his sides, his stare hard and angry.

"Deaton said you'd probably react like this." Derek sighed looking down at the floor.

"You talked to Deaton about this?" Stiles scoffed.

Derek looked up his eyes meeting Stiles angry ones. "It was his idea. Why do you think he called me?"

Stiles' jaw clenched. He felt his skin start to heat up. "I need to get out of here."

Derek took a step towards Stiles. "Stiles, wait."

"No, Derek I need to get away from you." Stiles snapped. His hands shook as he pulled his shoes on.

Derek noticed the tremble and Stiles' skin start to flush. "Just think about Theo. Let him be your anchor."

"The only thing I can think about is anchoring you to the floor." Stiles snapped at Derek before rushing out of the room.

Derek went to run after him but his feet wouldn't move. Stiles had literally anchored him to floor. "Damn it, Stiles!" Derek yelled.

He fished his phone from his pocket.

"Scott, I need your help."

*AN*
Long chapter for you guys. Hope you liked it. Let me know in the comments. I love hearing from you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.8K 8
Derek has been the alpha for some time now but something has changed. Why was his brain being plagued by stiles. Of course this was stiles fault.
148K 8.3K 36
Derek Hale keeps to himself mostly. After the Hale fire killed most of his family, he withdrew from most social groups. He lived with his siblings, w...
142K 6.2K 27
When Stiles starts having strange dreams that start to meld with his reality, he can't tell if he's losing his mind or not and he begins to pull away...
146K 3.9K 14
Stiles doesn't have many friends besides Scott, Isaac, Derek, Lydia, and a few others. But lately most of them have been busy with their own lives or...