𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 | stiles...

By dyiansobrien

BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] ✧ Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too wi... More

[ cast! ]
[ playlist! ]
[ prologue! ]
[ one ] body hunting
[ three ] big bad wolf
[ four ] new plan
[ five ] thank you, too
[ six ] dream come true
[ seven ] batman doesn't have you
[ eight ] werewolf in need
[ nine ] a cure
[ ten ] alpha attack
[ eleven ] happy right here
[ twelve ] anger management class with stiles
[ thirteen ] go to hell stiles
[ fourteen ] bitten
[ fifteen ] nurse stilinski
[ sixteen ] kiss it better
[ seventeen ] full moon
[eighteen] liar
[ nineteen ] jackass knows
[twenty] hale no
[twenty one] babe
[twenty two] stiles approved
[twenty three] no control
[twenty four] i love you
PART TWO
[ twenty five ] the weekend after
[ twenty six ] lost in the woods
[ twenty seven ] new werewolves, new hunters
[ twenty eight ] operation save isaac
[ twenty nine ] erica freaking reyes
[ thirty ] not gay
[ thirty one ] six foot lizard man
[ thirty two ] kanima
[ thirty three ] the kanima theory
[ thirty four ] larper protection programme
[ thirty five ] get in loser, we're going kanima hunting
[ thirty six ] quick kisses
[ thirty seven ] restraining order
[ thirty eight ] detention with harris
[ thirty nine] plan: take down jackson
[ forty ] raving
[ forty one] a stalker
[ forty two ] dead parents
[ forty three ] hostage
[ forty four ] bleeding out
[ forty five ] recovery
[ forty six ] a threat
[ forty seven ] confessions
[ forty eight ] the end
dear scott
dear stiles

[ two ] you're a werewolf, scott

107K 2.3K 12.8K
By dyiansobrien

c h a p t e r   t w o
you're a werewolf, scott

As soon as the game had finished, Harper was stood outside the boys locker room, waiting for a particular hazel eyed boy. She tapped her foot anxiously, biting her lip every time a minute went by.

It was already half five, the sun was due to set in half an hour. She promised her grandma that she would be home at five and she didn't want to break any promises with her anymore.

The door swung open, her two best friends walking out with grins on their faces.

"Finally!" Harper sighed. "Can you drop me off home now?"

Stiles nodded and they began to walk out the car park. As soon as they reached the blue jeep, she climbed inside, going over the seats and into the back. Scott sat in the passenger seat while Stiles sat in the drivers, obviously. Stiles never lets anyone drive his jeep. Not even his dad.

Harper began to daydream, only stopping when she looked out of the window and realised where they were.

"You've gone past my house, Sti." Her dark eyebrows knitted together in confusion, sitting up from where she had been leaning against the window.

"I know." Stiles nodded. "But we need to go and find Scott's inhaler. He dropped it when he saw the dead body."

Harper unlocked her phone to look at the time. Her heart almost dropped.

17:44

Not only was she late home, but she was probably now going to find the dead body that Scott had mentioned this morning. And not just a dead body- half a dead body.

There was no point in protesting. She knew Stiles wouldn't turn around now, not even if she pulled her classic puppy dog eyes and shed a few fake tears. He pulled up at Beacon Hills Preserve for the second time in the last twenty four hours and they all climbed out.

"Please make this quick. My grandma's already as disappointed as it is." Harper sighed, rubbing her hands together in the cold as an attempt to warm them up a little.

The two boys didn't reply as they began to walk through the woods, following the same trail as they did yesterday, until they got to a certain point where Scott began to lead the way.

Scott jumped into a small stream, the merky water spraying up his blue trousers and soaking through his shoes. Oh hell no. Harper was not repared to ruin two pairs of shoes in twenty four hours.

Stiles sensed her concern and hopped into the river, grabbing her hand. He guided her onto a fallen log, her hand gripping his hand tightly as she moved slowly across it. Harper almost fell, Stiles reaching out to grab her quickly.

She regained her balance, laughing slightly at him. "You were so scared for me." She teased him.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Because you're my best friend." It pained him to say it and, for some reason, it hurt her to hear it.

Her smiled faltered, her heart sinking a little. She bit her lip, trying to ignore the sensation in the pit of her stomach. Surely she didn't like Stiles? He was just her best friend, nothing more than that.

Scott didn't seem to notice their moment, speaking once they got to the other side of the river, letting go of each others hands.

"It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball." Scott insisted. "And that's not the only weird thing."

Harper raised her eyebrows. "What could be weirder than you suddenly being good at something?" She joked.

Stiles snorted but stopped when Scott turned to glare at them. "I hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear." He claimed. "Smell things."

"Smell things?" The boy with the buzz cut repeated in disbelief. "Like what?" He scoffed.

"Like the Mint Mojito gum in your pocket." He looked at Harper. "And you have some perfume in your bag."

Harper raised an eyebrow, knowing for a fact that she did have some body spray in her bag for when she did PE. Stiles, however, stopped, frowning.

"I don't have any Mint Mojito-"

Harper cut him off by moving her hand to the pocket inside his jacket. Stiles froze, his entire body shuddering slightly and his jaw going slack as she pulled out a single piece of gum. He couldn't believe how close she was to his chest.

I'm such a virgin. He thought to himself.

Harper's eyes were wide with amazement as she turned to Stiles. "Can I have it?" She asked while Scott shot them an 'I told you so' look and carried on walking.

"Knock yourself out." He replied, finally loosening up after his mini heart attack. "So all of this started with the bite." Stiles recalled as Harper stuck the gum in her mouth.

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Scott turned to face his best friends momenterially, a worried look on his face.

"You know what?" Harper spoke up, a teasing tone to her voice that Scott didn't seem to notice. "I actually think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection."

Scott stopped, causing Stiles to, too. "Are you serious?" He deadpanned, looking her right in the eye. He looked so serious that she almost felt bad for messing with him.

Almost.

"Yeah, I think it's called lyncanthropy." She teased. Stiles grinned from beside her, trying not to laugh.

"What's that?" Scott breathed, frowning. "Is that bad?"

"Oh, yeah, it's the worst." Stiles joined in, much to Harper's delight. "But only once a month."

"Once a month?" He repeated, his eyebrows raised.

"Mmm-hmm," Stiles nodded. "On the night of the full moon." He began to mimic howling, causing Harper to burst out laughing and Stiles to chuckle as Scott shook his head, shoving him before starting to walk yet again.

"Hey," Stiles laughed, trying not to fall over from the push. "You're the one who said you heard a wolf howling."

Scott turned around, clearly annoyed now. "Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me." He insisted.

"I know, you're a werewolf." Stiles faked excitement, growling.

Harper flicked his arm, smiling slightly as she warned him to stop. Stiles yelped, holding his arm and glaring at her jokingly.

"Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon." Stiles continued.

Scott ignored him, stopping at a small clearing and gesturing to the ground. "I could have sworn this was it." He claimed. "I saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler." He kneeled down and began to swipe the fallen brown leaves out of the way.

"Maybe the killer moved the body." Stiles guessed.

"Or the werewolf." Harper snickered.

Stiles laughed and Scott glared at her, ignoring her comment.

"If the killer did, I hope he left my inhaler. Those things are like eighty bucks." He continued to kick the brown leaves underneath his feet.

Harper casually glanced around, her heart stopping for a moment when she saw somebody standing there watching them. He looked a few years older than them and he was dressed all in black- even his hair was dark.

She alerted Stiles of his precence by tapping his arm. Stiles looked over and noticed the man. "Oh," he muttered, tapping Scott's shoulder.

Scott got up off of the ground and Stiles moved ever so slightly in front of Harper. The man didn't say anything for a second and his facial expression didn't change either. He looked emotionless.

He began walking over. "What are you doing here?" He demanded to know. None of us said anything. "Huh? This is private property."

Stiles hesitated, "uh, sorry, man, we didn't know."

Scott nodded, "yeah, we were just looking for something, but..." Scott could tell that he didn't care. The man raised his eyebrows. "Uh, forget it."

He pulled his hands out of his leather jacket and threw the white inhaler at Scott, who caught it with ease. He began to walk away without another word. Harper frowned. How did he know it was Scott's?

"All right, come on guys, I gotta get to work." Scott sighed, starting to walk away.

"Guys," Stiles stopped them from walking away. "That was Derek Hale. You remember, right? He's only like a few years older than us."

"Remember what?" Scott asked, confused.

"His family." Stiles replied as if it was obvious.

"They all burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago." Harper recalled, feeling stupid that she hadn't recognised him in the first place.

Scott looked towards the direction that he had left in, but he was long gone. "I wonder what he's doing back."

Stiles just scoffed. "Come on," he nodded his head towards where we came from. "I wanna go home."

☹☻

After Stiles had dropped Scott off at the animal clinic and then Harper at home, he drove off, but not before sending a wave and one of his charming smiles. Harper realised how her and Scott would probably be dead without the lanky teen.

As hyper and awkward as he is, he's probably the glue their friendship. He holds all of them together.

Harper unlocked the front door and stepped inside, kicking off her shoes into the shoe basket. Just as she was about to lock the door, a cough echoed from down the short hallway leading to the kitchen.

Looking up, she saw her grandma stood there, a smirk on her face and her arms crossed against her chest.

"Has that Stiles boy finally grown a pair and asked you out?" She teased, causing Harper to almost choke on the air around her.

She let out an awkward laugh. "Grandma. You know Stiles and I are just best friends. That would be weird."

"Would it?" Her grandma asked, raising a thin eyebrow. "Because I saw the way you smiled at each other, even without my glasses on. He looked at you like... like how your grandfather did to me."

Harper's throat tightened at the mention of her recently deceased grandfather, only sending her grandma a short nod. Rose didn't seem sad as she mentioned him though, a dreamy smile crossing her face.

"Your grandfather was a hottie back in the day." She laughed, half wheezing. "And Stiles isn't too bad looking. Maybe if he grew his hair out he would be more my type."

"Grandma!" Harper laughed, jokingly slapping her arm.

It's not like the brunette didn't think Stiles wasn't bad looking. In fact, she knew Stiles is attractive. Very. Both him and Scott are hot, but she's never felt that way towards one of them.

Well... When she first moved to Beacon Hills she had the biggest crush ever on the American boy, especially when he helped her with her parents when she was twleve, but when she started to cope with the death of her parents, her feelings for Stiles went away, too.

And today she might have felt something again.

Grandma chuckled, "just kidding, honey. I put some left over macaroni cheese in the fridge if you're hungry. You can heat it up in the microwave. Unless you want to eat it cold like the weirdo you are."

Harper rolled her brown eyes. "I'm not weird. Left overs taste good cold," she insisted, a small smile tugging at her lips as she kissed her grandma's cheek and went into the kitchen.

She pulled out the plastic container with the macaroni cheese in it, grabbing a fork and sitting down at the breakfast bar. Harper began to eat straight from it, though her thoughts were clouded over the entire time.

Was her grandma right?

Did Stiles look at her like that?

☹☻

Friday quickly rolled around and Harper had managed to convince Allison to go and watch Scott play lacrosse with her. It wasn't hard really, all she said was "Scott's playing" and she was practically begging to come with her.

Whatever Scott and Allison have going on is cute. The new girl and the dorky, sweet guy has always been one of Harper's favourite types of couples. Plus, she had gotten to know Allison a lot more over the past three days and came to the realisation that she is one of the sweetest people ever.

Once they made it to the field, the lacrosse players were all crowding around Coach Finstock as he yelled a, probably, motivational speech at them. Coach then blew the whistle around his neck and the boys all yelled ethusiastically before running off to their places on the field.

Harper's eyes peeled off of Scott when she saw somebody else waving their arms frantically in her direction from near the benches. Stiles.

"Check your phone!" He yelled quickly to her, before a whistle was blown and the game started.

Harper pulled her phone out of her coat pocket, seeing a text message from Stiles about twenty minutes ago. Unlocking her phone, she read the small paragraph that he had sent her.

Stiles: I overheard my dad on the phone and you'll never guess what. the fiber analysis came back from the lab in LA and they found hairs on the dead body. animal hairs. and guess what animal?? A WOLF! FREAKING WOLF HAIR.

Her brown eyes widened a small fraction as she looked up, back at Stiles. He was now sat down on the bench two rows down, anxiously waiting for her reaction. Harper turned to face Allison, her mouth opening to speak when the taller girl cut her off.

"It's okay," Allison smiled sweetly at her. "I understand. Go sit with your boyfriend."

Harper spluttered, "oh, um, Stiles isn't my boyfriend. We're just friends,"

First her grandma and now Allison, all in one week. What was it with people thinking that Stiles was her boyfriend?

Allison frowned, "he's not?" She seemed a little dissapointed. "Oh. Well go sit with Stiles anyway."

Harper grinned at her, "thanks for understanding, Ally. Sleepover after the party tonight to make up for it?"

Allison giggled. "Sure. It has to be my place though. My parents don't really trust anyone in this town yet. No offense."

"None taken," She nodded. "See you at the party." She hugged her quickly before quickly rushing down the benches, gently pushing past people until she made it to her best friend. "Wolf hair?" She referenced his previous test.

"Yeah, my-" He stopped talking as a lacrosse player wiped Scott out, sending him straight to the ground with a loud thud. "Ouch," he winced.

When the player lifted his helmet the two teens immediately recognised him as Jackson. Honestly, Harper wasn't surprised. Scott just picked himself up again, causing her to smile slightly. Harper's eyes were wide with facination as he moved around the field effortlessly, cradling the ball in his lacrosse sticks net, doging in and out between other players.

She almost chocked on her own spit when he did a flip over two defenders, landing perfectly on his feet and shooting the ball so it hit the back of the net. Everybody began to cheer, screaming praise at Scott. Harper slowly clapped too, but not without a raised eyebrow. Stiles had the same look as her. They were both thinking the same thing.

Scott had never been able to do flips before- not without falling face first afterwards. And he hadn't even stopped for his inhaler yet. Not even a pant had escaped his lips.

"McCall!" Coach Finstock suddenly yelled from a few spaces in front of us. He sounded angry. "McCall! Get over here! What in the God's name was that?"

Scott rushed over to him, taking off his helmet and tucking it under his arm as an unsure smile crossed his face. Harper was a little confused as to why Coach was yelling at him, he had made a winning shot. Actually, a lot of winning shots.

"This is a lacrosse team!" Finstock glared. "What, are you trying out for the gymnastics team?"

Scott's face fell slightly as he shook his head. "No, Coach."

"What the hell was that?" His voice raised even further, his arms flinging out almost spastically as he spoke.

"I don't know," Scott hesiated. "I was just trying to make the shot."

"Yeah, well you made the shot. And guess what?" He paused for a moment before he hit Scott's shoulder, a grin taking place on his face. "You're starting, buddy. You made first line."

Scott studied the Coach in shock as if he was waiting for him to laugh and say it was a joke, but everybody on the stands stood up and cheered loudly. Stiles didn't move to appluad the tan boy on the field, instead he watched him with a solemn expression. Harper frowned too, leaning her head on the boys shoulder as she thought everything over.

☹☻

"Grandma," Harper laughed as the older woman moved to put some cheese in the cats bowl. "Archie isn't allowed cheese. Last time he had a funny tummy, remember?"

But it was too late now. The chubby ginger cat was already at the bowl, eating the cheese before she could take it away like last time. Harper sighed as her grandma giggled before returning to where she was cutting up the salad she was having for dinner.

"Are you sure you don't want dinner with me?" She asked sweetly, putting her cut up cheese into the salad. Odd combo, but it strangely worked. "I can make extra."

"I'm sleeping around Allison's, but thanks, Grandma." Harper gave her a kiss on the cheek before hoisting her bag over her shoulder. "How do I look?"

Her grandmother took a step back to look at Harper, a soft smile crossing her face. Harper already had her makeup on for the party, a dusty rose colour on the crease of her eyelids and a nude colour on her lips. She looked beautiful. She was going to put her dress on when she got to Stiles' house since she didn't want to walk in the cold.

"Stunning, sweet pea." Rose smiled.

"Thank you grandma. I better go now. I need to stop as Stiles' first. See ya."

Grandma rolled her eyes. "Fine, you go make out with your boyfriend and I'll sit at home with my salad." She joked, putting the small knife into the kitchen sink.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Harper claimed as she began to walk to the Stilinski household. It only took her ten minutes to get there and when she did, the jeep was the only car parked in driveway, meaning Noah wasn't home.

She didn't bother to knock as she walked through the front door, kicking off her converse and rushing up the stairs to Stiles bedroom. Harper gave a short knock, since you never know with teenage boys, before entering.

Stiles looked up, a look of relief forming on his face when he saw that it was her.

"Expecting someone else?" Harper asked as she chucked her bag onto his bed before sitting down.

"Scott. This is about him," Stiles explained. That's when she noticed the state of his bedroom. The usually semi-clean room had paper all over it, books open on every surface, his school bag spilling out in the corner of the room.

"About the show he put on today?" Harper asked as he nodded.  She picked up a stray piece of paper from the bed. "'Werewolf symptoms'." She read out loud. "Are you serious?" She asked him.

Stiles nodded, "deathly." He insisted. "I'll explain everything when Scott's here. Which he should be in about-"

The two teenagers were inturrupted by a loud knocking at Stiles' bedroom door. Stiles cleared his throat before quickly opening the door, revealing Scott, who stood there with an easy smile on his face.

"Get in. You gotta see this dude." Stiles sighed as Scott obeyed, shutting the door behind him as Stiles continued. "I've been here since the end of school reading. Websites, books. All this information."

"How much Adderall have you had today?" The darker haired boy joked before tossing his backpack onto the bed beside Harper. He sent a nod and a smile her way, showing that he had acknowledged her existence.

"A lot," Stiles replied, sitting down at his desk chair. Scott grinned and Harper scoffed, rolling her brown eyes. "Doesn't matter. Okay, just listen."

"Is this about the body?" Scott asked curiously. "Did they find out who did it?" He took a seat down next to the girl, his hands clasped in his lap, his shoulder gently brushing against Harper's.

Stiles turned his chair around to face towards them, papers in his hand. "No, they're still questioning people, even Derek Hale."

"Derek Hale as in the guy from the woods the other day?" Harper asked as Scott nodded along.

"Yeah, but that's not it, okay?" His hands made large gestures with the more fustrated that he got.

Scott laughed nervously, "what then?" He asked.

"Remember that joke from the other day?" Stiles asked. Harper instantly thought back to the werewolf joke. "It might not be much of a joke anymore."

Scott blinked, taken back. Harper was expecting it, but nevertheless she frowned too. Stiles groaned, "the wolf. The bite in the woods. I started doing all this reading." He spoke quickly. "Do you even know why a wolf howls?"

"Should I?" Scott asked at the same time as Harper replied. "Isn't it to signal its location to the rest of its pack?"

Stiles nodded quickly, "Yes!" He replied. "So if you heard a wolf howling, that means other could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of them."

"A whole pack of wolves?" Scott spoke in utter disbelief, his dark eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"No, werewolves." Stiles sighed, not as confident as he was before. It did sound kind of stupid coming out of his mouth.

His bedroom was thick with tension as Harper watched the new lacrosse player crane his neck, as if waiting for him to tell him that he was joking. He looked at her, "do you believe this?"

She just shrugged, "it doesn't sound completely unrealistic."

He turned back to Stiles, "are you seriously wasting my time with this?" Scott suddenly stood up, grabbing his backpack. "You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour."

"We saw you on the field today, Scott. Okay, what you did wasn't just amazing, all right? It was impossible," the hazel eyed boy explained, lifting his hand to Scott's shoulder, trying to stop him from leaving.

Scott looked down at the carpeted ground. "Yeah, I made a good shot." He muttered quietly.

"No, you made an incredible shot." Stiles grabbed the backpack from Scott's hand, throwing it back onto the bed by Harper. "I mean, the way you moved, your speed, your reflexes. People can't just suddenly do that overnight! And there's the vision and the senses, and don't even think I don't notice you don't need your inhaler anymore."

"Okay! Dude, I can't think about this right now." Scott raised his voi ce, becoming very annoyed quickly. "We'll talk tomorrow."

Stiles looked alarmed, "tomorrow? What? No!" He shook his head. "The full moon's tonight. Don't you get it?"

"What are you trying to do?" Scott yelled at Stiles, causing Harper to wince, her hand grabbing her jumper for some sort of comfort. "I just made the first line. I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me. Everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?"

Stiles sat back down in his chair. "I'm trying to help." He frowned, not bothering to yell back at him. "You're cursed, Scott. You know that the full moon will cause you to physically change. It also just so happens to be when your bloodlust is at its peak."

Scott remained eerily silent for a moment. "Bloodlust?" He repeated.

"Yeah, your urge to kill."

"I'm already starting to feel an urge to kill, Stiles." Scott spoke with so much seriousness that it was actually starting to scare both Stiles and Harper a little.

The boy with the buzz cut ignored him and quickly turned around, getting something from his desk. "You gotta hear this." He grabbed an old leather book and began to read from it. "'The change can be caused by anger or anything that raises your pulse.'"

He turned back around to face them. "All right? I haven't seen anyone that raises your pulse like Allison does. You gotta cancel your date." Stiles insisted, standing up. "I'm gonna call her right now."

Stiles moved towards the backpack, grabbing his phone. "What are you doing?" Scott asked, clearly done with the younger boy at this point.

"Cancelling your date." Stiles answered as he unlocked the phone.

The next few moments happened in a blur. Suddenly, Scott had quickly pinned Stiles up against the wall, yelling at him to give him the phone, his fist ready to punch him in the face.

"Scott!" Harper shrieked, jumping off the bed to grab his arm.

Scott moved quickly, yanking his arm away, angrily turning to face her. Her eyes widened in fear before he moved to lower his fist against Stiles chair, causing it to topple over with a clattering noise. He let out a loud grunt and in all of their years of knowing Scott McCall, they had never seen him this angry.

He began to pant as he turned to face Stiles who was looking at Scott emotionlessly, also trying to calm his breathing. "I'm sorry," Scott sighed as Stiles avoided his gaze.

Harper's eyes almost watered as she watched Scott stammer. "I gotta go get ready for that party," before grabbing his backpack and slowly leaving. "I'm sorry," he mumbled to both of them before leaving.

As soon as the door closed from behind him the brunette girl rushed towards Stiles, wrapping her arms around his body and planting her head against his chest, squeezing her eyes shut. He moved his arms to wrap back around her, his head resting on hers as he let out a sigh.

"Are you okay?" She asked him worriedly as she pulled him away. "Did he hurt you?"

Stiles couldn't help but like how she made a fuss of him as he shook his head. "I'm fine." He muttered before shooting her a grateful look.

The hazel eyed boy moved away from Harper to pick his desk chair back up again, pausing when it was on his side. She looked to see what he was staring at, her eyes widening when she saw claw marks dented into it.

"Oh my God," Harper whispered, turning to face Stiles. "We need to go and find Scott before he hurts Allison, or anyone else."

Stiles nodded quickly, "aren't you sleeping over hers tonight?"

Harper nodded back. "Yeah. Let me get ready in your bathroom and we can leave in five minutes. I'm meeting her at the party." She urgently spoke.

"Quick," he muttered before sighing. "Our best friend is a freaking werewolf."

☹☻

Harper went to the bathroom, slipping on a white mini skirt and a black long sleeved crop top. Since the skirt was high waisted, it didn't reveal any of her stomach. She slipped on her shoes, quickly looking in the mirror at her makeup for the last time.

Stiles had told her to meet him in his car so she grabbed her bag, putting her black wedges on and putting her old converse shoes back in there. She rushed down to jeep where Stiles was on his phone, trying to get a hold of Scott.

"Scott's not answering his- wow." He paused when he saw her and she immediately began to blush. "You, ur, you look great."

"Great?" Harper teased.

It was Stiles' turn to blush now. He scratched the back of his neck- something he always did when he was embarrassed or uncomfortable. Stiles' was the most single guy Harper knew, so every time she teased him the tiniest bit he got extremely flustered. It was cute- it gave her butterflies at the thought.

"No, more than that. Pretty. Ur, beautiful." He stammered.

"Stiles," She decided to put him out of his misery. "You don't have to compliment me." she giggled. "After all, we have bigger issues than your lack of wide vocabulary." She turned serious. "We need to find Scott."

Stiles suddenly straightened up, nodding with his lips pursed into a straight line. "Yep, of course, let's go."

It only took about fifteen minutes before they pulled up at Jackson Whittmore's house. Already the party was in full swing, teenagers even piled out in the front garden with the stereotypical red solo cups, talking above the loud music coming from inside the large house.

Stiles and Harper both climbed out of the jeep, shutting the doors behind them before meeting to stand in front of it. She sighed loudly.

"It's going to take us ages to find him." Harper looked towards Stiles who nodded. "And when we do find him what do we say? He's refusing to talk to you, he won't come home with us."

The hazel eyed boy bit his lip. "Didn't think that one through. New plan: blend in, watch him. If he does anything we can take him home. For now we don't do anything." Stiles instructed.

Harper gave a short nod, "okay. Let's do this,"

She grabbed Stiles' hand and began to tug him towards the house. If she got seperated from him then she would more than likely have a panic attack, and he knew that. He helped her with her panic attacks. He didn't mind holding her hand though, obviously.

Her brown eyes darted around as the two teenagers attempted to blend in. She tried to find either Scott or Allison, but both of them were nowhere in sight. The house was too full, people bumping into Stiles and Harper from left and right. Harper saw a flash of strawberry blonde hair and began to pull Stiles towards Lydia.

"Lydia!" Harper called, thankfully gaining her attention straight away. She turned to face her and smiled brightly. "Have you seen Scott or Allison?"

She cocked her head to the side in confusion, "Scott McCall?"

Harper rolled my eyes, "yes." she replied. "And Allison Argent."

Lydia shook her head, "nope. Sorry, hon." She took a step back to scan her outfit. "You look great by the way. Hot, even. Almost as hot as me," she flipped her hair and began to walk off through the crowd, probably to go and find her boyfriend.

Stiles looked shocked. "She's... something,"

Harper giggled, "tell me about it." She was about to say something else when she  spotted two familiar figures dancing outside. "Look!" She pointed.

Stiles turned to look where she was guiding him to. Scott had his hands on Allison's hips, her hands on his chest as they gently swayed, grins on both of their faces. They looked so happy together that it almost made Harper feel bad for trying to get Scott away from her. Almost.

Scott turned his head in their direction and Harper quickly grabbed Stiles, letting out a squeak as she forced his hands loosely onto her waist, wrapping her arms around his neck. Stiles looked a mixture of surprised, smug, and worried all at once.

For starters, he was extremely excited to have his crush this close to him in such a romantic way, but at the same time, he was terrified of messing up.

"Act natural," Harper hissed at him. "If Scott thinks we're spying on him he'll get pissed."

Stiles gulped but nodded, his hands awkwardly moving to hold Harper's waist in a more natural way. She sent him a reassuring smile, helping loosen him up a little. His shoulders relaxed, his entire posture still a little tense, but much better.

Harper turned the two of them a little, swaying slightly to the music but standing on her toes to try and get a better look at Scott and Allison, who were still very much engrossed in each other. She relaxed herself, turning back to face Stiles who was watching her instead of them.

He couldn't help it. She was just so beautiful.

The content look on his face sent butterflies in her stomach, immediately alarming her.  Not right now please, feelings.

His hazel eyes twinkled back at her, causing her to gulp. Harper's palms suddenly felt a little sweatier and she was getting anxious. Upon noticing this, Stiles frowned at her, about to ask her what was wrong when Scott suddenly pushed past some people by them.

They broke away from each other, now worried for Scott, who was wincing and panting. His teeth were clenched as he held his head, muttering something under his breath as he tried to leave.

"Yo, Scott, you good?" Stiles asked worriedly, moving forwards to put a hand on the other boys shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Harper frowned from beside Stiles.

Scott only ignored them, continuing to make his way down the hallway. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead and he was in pain. Was he... transforming? Stiles and Harper shared worried looks before going after him.

Right as she was about to leave the house with Stiles, an arm gently grabbed hold of her wrist, pulling her back. Stiles didn't notice and carried on going. It was Allison. Harper forced a smile at her.

"Hey," she sounded a little upset. "You're not leaving are you? You promised me that sleepover."

"Oh," Harper hesitated for a second before thinking things through. If she stayed with Allison for the night then Scott couldn't accidentally hurt her. "Of course I'm not. I was just going after Scott. He looked sick,"

Allison nodded, "yeah. He said he would be back, but I guess not." She quietly spoke before shooting Harper a smile. "But anyways, why don't we go to my house? I have like three chick flicks already prepared and waiting for us."

As the two teenage girls stepped out onto the street she saw Stiles by his jeep. "You get a ride with Allison. I'm going after Scott, okay?" He told her.

Harper nodded, "be careful."

Stiles smiled at her before climbing into his jeep and driving off. She turned back to Allison who was talking to a man in leather. Oh God. Derek Hale. Harper walked over towards them and Allison smiled.

"This is Derek. He says he's friends with Scott?" Allison asked.

Derek shot her a look, as if warning her to keep quiet. An odd feeling inside of her told her that this had something to do with Scott suddenly becoming a werewolf, so she nodded quickly, not wanting to really find out what role Derek had in this.

"Good, because he's offered us a ride." Allison chirped, causing Harper's blood to run cold. There's no going back now. "Come on, Harper."

They climbed into the back of Derek's car and he went into the front. Immediately she pulled her phone out to send a text to Stiles.

To Stiles: Derek Hale is giving Allison and I a ride home. The weirdest part? He knew who Scott was and he told her he was his friend.

Harper sent the text, a minute later getting a reply.

Stiles: I don't trust him. Be careful.

Instead of replying, she shoved the phone into her bag. Only then did she notice how tense and awkward the car ride was. Derek didn't have any music playing so there was only silence as he drove.

"Take a left here," Allison instructed. "You can stop at the end of this road. Thanks so much for the ride."

Derek nodded, "sure." Was all he said before pressing a button next to him. Harper heard the click of the doors unlocking and realised that he had locked them in the whole time, as if they would try and run away from him.

Without a second thought she clambered out of the car behind Allison, shutting the door and watched as he sped off. Thank God he was gone. Allison turned to face Harper with a sweet smile.

"My mum is home. You don't mind, right?" She asked as they began to walk up towards her front door. Her house was way bigger than Harper's, and very tidy, too.

"Of course not." She shook her head, not seeing why it was a problem.

Allison opened the door and the smell of bacon filled Harper's nostrils. Allison called out to her mum and followed the short response that came after it, leading us to a kitchen.

A woman who Harper assumed was Allison's mother stood at the stove, bacon sizzling in a pan. She turned to smile at them and she took in the woman's appearance. She didn't look like your typical fun-mum, quite the opposite, actually.

She had firey short red hair, thin arched eyebrows, pale skin and beady blue eyes. Just standing in the room with her filled Harper with unwanted anxiety. The way she smiled at her was almost sinister.

"Hello, Allison." She turned to Harper. "You must be either Harper or Lydia. I'm Victoria Argent,"

She gave a small smile, "nice to meet you. I'm Harper."

Her mum nodded. "Would you like a bacon sandwich?" She flipped the bacon over in the pan.

"It's okay. I ate before I left," Harper lied. She wasn't really hungry anyway. "You should eat your bacon sandwich. I'll get changed into my pyjamas, if that's okay with you."

Allison nodded, "of course. I'll show you where my room is so that you can change."

Harper followed Allison out of the room, saying a quick goodbye to Mrs Argent. She lead her up to her bedroom where boxes filled the entrance of her door.

"Sorry, haven't really gotten round to unpacking yet." She sighed, moving a box away with her foot.

"That's okay," the shorter brunette told her. "Your room is cute."

Her bedroom walls were a plain colour, but there were paint swatches on one wall. Her desk had cute things dotted around it, her wardrobe doors open revealing her colourful collection of clothes, and her double bed was made perfectly. It was like your typical teenage girl bedroom. All that was missing was fairy lights.

"I'll stand outside the door while you change." Allison smiled before quietly closing the door behind her.

Harper changed as quickly as she could into her pyjamas. She sported a pair of shorts with loads of sheep dotted around them and an oversized jumper with small holes in the bottom.

Suddenly, the doorbell ringed throughout the house, and was quickly followed by frantic knocks to the door. Harper heard Mrs Argent sigh before the door swung open and a familiar voice filled the home.

"Hi!" Stiles Stilinski. "Mrs Argent. Um... you have no idea who I am. I'm a friend of your daughter's, and Harper, is she here? Is Harper here? Oh I look kind of crazy, um, really crazy, actually. You know what? Crazy doesn't-"

"Allison! Harper! It's for you..." Mrs Argent yelled, sounding somewhat worried.

To be honest if Harper didn't know Stiles then she would be worried too. Its not everyday some spastic teenage boy with ADHD turns up on your doorstep trying to convince you he's not crazy while asking to see your daughter and her friend.

Harper opened the bedroom door and Allison shot her a worried look before they both approached the railings of the stairs. Stiles' mouth fell open when he saw them.

His eyes widened and Harper watched as they visibly trailed down her body. Or more to her bare legs. Blushing, she moved backwards a little.

"Yes, Stiles?" Harper forced a smile through gritted teeth.

"It's your grandma," he blurted. "She needs you home. Like right now,"

Harper could tell he was lying, but she knew he probably had a bigger reason. She turned to Allison to apologise, but she was already shaking her head and forcing a smile. Ugh, Allison is so nice that she kind of wished she'd just yell at her to stop her feeling like such a crap friend.

"Go," she said softly. "We'll rearrange for another time."

"Thank you," Harper quickly gathered up her clothes before hugging her goodbye and following Stiles out to the jeep.

"It's Derek. Derek is the one that bit Scott and turned him into a werewolf. Scott ran out into the woods to look for you and Allison... but mainly Allison. No offence." Stiles rambled as he started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"None taken," Harper sighed. "And let me guess, we need to go and find him?"

Stiles shot her a smile that said "yep" before making his way towards Beacon Hills Preserve. Honestly, Harper was so sick of this place. Only bad things ever happen here.

☹☻

They drove for miles all night, the only thing keeping them awake was the radio and the pointless conversations that they shared. The sun had come up about an hour ago when they were driving along the main road leading towards the woods, the two of them were currently playing a game of 'would you rather'.

"Would you rather- Scott!" Harper gasped, pointing at the shirtless figure walking aimlessly down the side of the road, holding his arm. "Is he hurt?" She asked worriedly as Stiles stopped beside him.

Scott opened the door and she took that as her signal to climb into the back. Scott climbed in beside Stiles and Stiles didn't even say anything, he just began to drive. Stiles was slightly mad that Scott hadn't believed him in all of the werewolf drama in the first place.

"You know what actually worries me the most?" Scott finally spoke up from where he was leaning against the door of the jeep.

"If you say Allison I'm going to punch you in the head." Stiles threatened him.

Scott groaned, "she probably hates me now."

"Ugh," Harper rolled her eyes. "I doubt that. But you might wanna come up with a pretty amazing apology. Or, you know, you could just tell her the truth."

"Yeah," Stiles continued. "Revel in the awesomeness of the fact that you're a fricking werewolf."

Scott shot Stiles a look and Stiles just shrugged. "Okay, bad idea." He slapped Scott's shoulder. "Hey, we'll get through this. You, me, and Harper. Come on, if I have to, I'll chain you up myself on full moon nights and feed you live mice. I had a boa once, I could do it."

Scott just scoffed and shook his head.

— isaaclovesmexican
     alisha
♡☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 205 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...
11.7K 270 22
What if Scott wasn't the first werewolf in the family? What if his twin sister has been a secret werewolf for nearly eight years? Skylar McCall, tw...
1.3M 42.1K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
340K 12.1K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...