Christianity: More Than A Rel...

By DavidH429

A book for believers and unbelievers. I hope that you can learn something from this book and that it can help... More

Introduction
Proof
The Holy Spirit
How to be saved
Heaven
The Flesh
Prayer
Temptation
Hypocrisy
Discipleship
Grace
Author's Note
Anger
False Prophets
Uniqueness
God's Morality
Overwhelmed
Depression
Christianity is...
Forgiveness
Questioning Christianity?
Acceptance
Feeling Hopeless?
The difference with Christianity
Christian Dating
The Gift of Singleness
Homosexuality
Death
A message to everyone!
Are we Christians?
DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!
Transgenders
Can we choose?
Pornography
Sex After Marriage!
The Truth
Be The Bible!
Don't Lose Sight...
We Mess Up...
Second Chances?
You Cannot Do It Alone
Tithing
Praying In School
There is no God...
Accountability Partner
New Me and Updates
Discipline
Blue Letter Bible (BLB)
Merciful God
How do you view your sin?
Tell Me: Anything
CHRISTIAN RANT #1
How I am feeling
Christianity Is Different For Each Individual
GENESIS TO DEUTERONOMY (SUMMARIZED)
I relapsed but what I learned

Different sins for different people

239 32 19
By DavidH429

This is a topic that I did not really think to do until today but one little verse really made me think so I will do a topic about it!

There is one verse in the Bible that sort of changed my perspective on sin. We usually see someone else sin and think that it is a sin altogether but the truth is sin can be different for everyone.

James 4:17 says "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin". I stumbled upon this verse recently and it really made me think. A lot of Christians say this is a sin and that is a sin but what if it is a sin FOR YOU? Doing the right thing can be different for different people.

I feel like we miss the message. Even I fail to see the message. If we look at Ephesians 5:15 it says "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise". We should stop thinking is this a sin? Or is that a sin? Because most likely you won't find an answer. God doesn't make the Bible crystal clear on what to do or what not to do. Instead we should be thinking about "is this wise"? Or "will this help me"?

This chapter is short but the reason I am making it is to say that sin can be different for everyone else. Yes, there are sins that are sins for everyone but when we think about things that we cannot find in the Bible just think and ask yourself if it is a good decision. We still know whether we do right or wrong because God will tell us but we should be careful with some of the stuff we would say is sin. If it does more harm than good then you know not to do it. Do what is wise and best for you and do not be unwise to where you do something that is not good for you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 381 200
Either a single verse or multiple verses: I'll be jotting down verses that I read through my Bible nearly every day! God's Word must be read; no Chr...
4.3K 203 24
This book is for people who want to know who they really are in this life. Everybody might not believe but I am a witness to something great and I wi...
83 18 11
WHO IS GOD? This is the book of The Way, The Truth and The Life. No one can come to the Father except through Him. He is The Word, Our Lord Jesus Ch...
1K 144 67
This is a collection of Christian poetry.