Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 45

144K 6.7K 2.7K
By SianaghGallagher

Hunter instantly turned his mind link off from Jacob, not wanting him to freak out. But he was staring into the face of his brother who was trying to kill Sam.

This didn't feel right. It didn't feel like something he would be doing for fun.

"What do we do?"

Anthony knew his son was incredibly angry and if this was a stranger, he would hurt him until he begged for his life. But this was his mate's sibling and he couldn't injure him any more than what he already has.

"We need to question what the hell he's doing in private." Anthony could not understand why he would do this.

"Do you think he knows we're werewolves or just thinks we're average wolves?" Hunter questioned.

"Look at the size of us, he'll know we are not average."

Ricky and Jonah managed to pull the metal out of Sam's leg and help him to his feet. He whimpered but he'd be able to limp back to Hunter's house so Margo could aid his injury.

"Margo, take Sam home and tend to his wound. We'll wait till your gone." Anthony thought.

Margo and Sam slowly went one way while Harrison and Zac started dragging the guy the opposite way with their sharp teeth. The guy began screaming and grabbing at the ground. He yelled at William for help who was paralysed with fear. Hunter was glaring at him and still had his claws dug into his chest.

He and his dad waited patiently until they could no longer hear the other human screaming before shuffling away from William.

"Shall we change?" Hunter asked.

"Yes. Let's stay silent and take him back to the house. I want Scott and Jacob to know what he has done."

Hunter watched his dad, knowing that wouldn't go down well.

"But-"

"I want his family to question him first. I don't think he knows what Jacob is or that his dad knows about the wolves. I want him to try and explain himself to the ones who he doesn't want to let down. Also... I'm going to get Alisha after all of this and expose her too if he doesn't know she's a werewolf. I bet she has something to do with this."

Hunter sighed but nodded. That seemed like the best approach.

At the same time, they both changed.

William didn't react at first, he only blinked with utter confusion. His eyes seemed to be glued to Hunter because he was a familiar face. However, he didn't think he'd see him do that.

"Oh my God," He whispered and his hands began to tremble. "She was right."

"Who?" Anthony forgot about what he just said.

"A-Alisha. She told me about were-werewolves." William sat up started to develop tears in his eyes. "H-Hunter, you're... I didn't believe, I thought she was crazy and I told her that. But she got really abusive and angry. I was forced to do this. D-Did I hurt your friend!?" William sat forward and grabbed Hunter's shoulders. "I'm so sorry. Please, I had no other choice. Alisha threatened to hurt Jacob, you have to understand!"

"Alright, alright, calm down," He said quickly and looked at his dad. He didn't think William would do such a thing without being blackmailed or forced.

"What did she say she'd do to Jacob?" Anthony questioned.

William rubbed his eyes and tried not to get emotional. But nobody knew he had been through hell for the past two days.

"She said she'd ruin his relationship with Hunter and mess with him mentally. He's only just starting to be happy again, I couldn't let her do that to him."

Hunter was starting to feel sorry for him as he gently rubbed his chest where he had dug his nails in.

"Who was the other guy?"

"He was a friend of Alisha's. They said something about hurting the Rayson pack. I knew you had that last name but I didn't think you'd be connected to these... these werewolves," He then ran a hand through his hair and took a big breath. "I can't believe I just said that."

Anthony started to feel his blood boil. Alisha was targeting Jacob's family, trying to tear them apart. Hunter lifted his hand and patted his shoulder.

"William, She's not going to hurt your brother and she's not going to blackmail you or abuse you anymore. We'll sort out this mess okay? We know this wasn't you."

Hunter stood up and pulled him up too. Anthony believed William. Alisha is poison and it didn't surprise him that she did something so sickening.

"Take him back to the house," Anthony turned and examined the woods with cold eyes. "I'm going to get Alisha."

* * * * *

"What's happening?" Flora asked.

"I'm not sure," Jacob was wringing his hands and pacing the porch. "Hunter switched off his mind link." It was still odd for him to say these things in front of his dad.

"They'll be okay," She smiled. "They know how to handle this situation."

"Does it happen a lot?" Scott asked.

"Yes, surprisingly."

"It's terrible," He shook his head. "Who would want to hurt such beautiful creatures?"

"Unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way," Flora perked up when she saw Hunter emerging from the forest edge with Sam and Margo. They were all in their human forms but there was an extra person with them. "Yes," She grinned. "They even brought the culprit for questioning. I love scaring them."

Jacob watched as Scott slowly lowered his glasses down his nose. The stranger looked very familiar.

William had not been told about his brother and his dad being here. He didn't know what was going on in Jacob's world, he only asked about Hunter and him being a werewolf. He could barely believe that he saw him change. He felt very confused.

"Wait," Jacob breathed. "Is that-"

"William?" Scott finished it for him when they both felt suddenly very worried.

Flora watched them with narrowed eyes.

"You know this boy?"

"He's my son," Scott started walking down the steps. He didn't want to think badly about this situation. However, it was hard not to.

Hunter could feel Jacob's nerves and this all needed to be explained before anyone got the wrong idea. Sam was holding his arm that was bleeding heavily. He would be fine, he was just in a lot of pain.

Hunter opened a mind link between his Beta and his mother on the walk back. He explained what William told him and they both agreed that it sounded like the truth. Alisha blackmailed him, threatened him and abused him into doing this.

It was beginning to get dark outside as the sun carried on setting behind the trees when William's eyes fell on his father.

"Right," Hunter sighed. "We have a lot to talk about."

Flora nodded and turned.

"Let's go inside, it's a bit chilly out here now. I'll put the kettle on."

Hunter watched his mate as they made their way up the wooden steps. He switched his mind link on so he could keep him relaxed.

"Don't worry, it's not what you think," He took his hand and they both entered the house. "It's all Alisha's fault. Your brother had no choice."

William kept glancing at Jacob. He was sure they used to be the same height and he was bigger built than him.

When they were sitting down, Hunter left it up to Scott to question him. He understood that something serious had gone on as he sat forwards and connected his fingers together.

"What happened?"

"Um," William frowned and looked at Hunter. "Do they know about you?"

He nodded.

"They know everything."

William was surprised but took a big breath and decided to explain about Alisha. He told them how she turned on him yesterday and started getting really abusive and threatened the family. She turned very nasty and he was scared for Jacob. He said how he realised her threats were real when she held a knife to his heart. While she did that, she told him about werewolves and forced him to meet up with her 'friend' who was after the Rayson pack. He thought it was all fake and she was messing with him until they caught a wolf today.

That's when William looked at Sam with a huge amount of guilt.

"I had no idea what I was getting myself into," He said sadly. "I felt like I had no other choice. I thought we had just caught a helpless wolf, I never thought she was telling the truth about werewolves."

Jacob's heart throbbed for him. He was going through a really rough time and he didn't know.

"Will," Hunter spoke softly. "Are you aware that Alisha is a werewolf too?"

His eyes widened and he shook his head with force.

"Are you serious?"

Hunter nodded when he felt Jacob's fingers rest against the side of his leg.

"She was a member of our rival pack and has been making Jacob's life hell ever since we connected. We split up their pack because they went too far and she's obviously holding a huge grudge against us."

"She's trying to kill your friends," William looked horrified. "And she's a werewolf too!?"

Hunter was informed that the other guy who was with William and ordered for the rifle on the radio, had been killed. He admitted that this wasn't the first werewolf he had killed and it wouldn't be his last. So they had to but an end to it, as horrible as it was.

Hunter has not come across people like this before and it would haunt him for a few days. It's always his dad who deals with it.

William then rested his head in his hands.

"I can't believe this."

Scott got up and sat next to him. He gently rubbed his back, knowing that he needed to be eased into this world slowly. He himself had no idea that Alisha was a werewolf. It was a huge sign that he was kicking himself for missing.

Just then, the front door flew open, making Jacob jump and strongly grip hunter's knee.

Anthony entered with an angry looking Alisha. There was a flash of dread in her gaze. Her future was not bright now that Anthony knew what she had done. However, she didn't realise that Jacob was, in fact, the most powerful person in the room.

He hit the back of her knee, making her collapse to the ground. Flora watched with a small twinkle of excitement in her eye. Maybe she was a little sadistic for enjoying watching torture come to those who deserved it.

"Look at him," Anthony growled and pulled on her hair. He forced her to look in Sam's direction who was currently getting his arm stitched up. "If we didn't reach him as quickly as we did, he would be dead."

Hunter clenched his fists in anger.

"You split up our pack," She muttered. Anthony gripped her hair harder, causing her to whine.

"And so you thought it was acceptable to kill? You have no idea what kind of pack you're dealing with." He glanced at Jacob. Having a god among them was making Alisha look like an ant in the wolf world.

"Just because you're the big dog doesn't mean-"

Anthony stood on her ankle, making her cry out. William was avoiding her eyes at all cost.

"Trust me, I'm not the big dog in the room."

Hunter slowly brushed his fingers over Jacob's hand that was still gripping his leg hard. He felt immense levels of pride. When this Lunar cycle finishes, his mate would be able to squash her in a heartbeat.

He hoped.

Anthony then pulled her to her feet when he sensed his own pack standing outside the house.

"I'm taking you to the court. I can't wait to see the look on your families faces. They told me when I split up your pack that they were deeply embarrassed to have a daughter like you. Just wait until I tell them this. Say goodbye to your rights."

Everyone watched him forcefully turn and push her out of the house. They heard her fall down the steps. Anthony was going to get her locked away for a very, very long time. She would not see the light of day after he was finished with her.

Flora smiled and looked around the room.

"What a handful. Young William, you deserve a medal for putting up with that. But you also need a slap for letting her walk all over you. If you were to get anything out of this, it should be that you need to choose your women carefully." She then got up and wandered over to the kettle. Hunter shook his head and contained a satisfied smile. His Nana speaks her mind and he loves her for it.

Jacob glanced back to his brother who now looked a little troubled. He was better at coping with bad situations but this seemed to go above and beyond his capacity.

Flora then turned around with an intrigued frown. She tapped her chin before opening her mouth.

"Would now be a good time to tell those who don't know about Jacota being a god of the wolves?"

Hunter then took back what he thought as Margo sighed and rolled her eyes. But Sam and William frowned and stared hard at Jacob who felt his cheeks blush.

"What!?" They both yelled in sync.

"Wait, a second," William sat forwards. "You called him Jacota. Is that why it says that on your birth certificate?"

Scott quickly turned.

"How do you know about that?"

"Before I left earlier, mum was looking for old photo albums and found it. I thought it was just a typo but she seemed really angry about it."

The blood drained from Scott's face. Grace had found Jacob's real birth certificate.

"Um dad," Jacob said quietly. "You should probably go home."

Scott stood up quickly and nodded. He ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm in so much trouble. It's a good thing I'm a great liar." Everyone watched him dash out of the door very fast but Flora was left with a frown on her face.

"He's a good liar is he?" She muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 35K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...
261K 13.2K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
986K 42.6K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
1.9M 113K 56
COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon with a terrible temper lives only to aid hi...