Your Fault (Bakugou X Reader)

By BanthaBug

You didn't know that the day you wandered away from your mother was the last time you'd see her. You didn't... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 5

16.4K 624 524
By BanthaBug

You watched from cover as Uraraka and Izuku rushed into the building. Bakugou left your side and you were avoiding each other. Naturally after you threatened him.

It wasn't long before Izuku and Uraraka approached your decoy shoe and stopped. "That's her boot," Uraraka said, picking it up.

Izuku's brow furrowed as he looked around. "If her clothes are off that means she's adapted to air. Watch for any irregularly strong breezes." He muttered.

Uraraka hesitated, shaking her head. "That can't be right."

You face flushed, momentarily panicking. "She got all excited because her costume didn't come off when we were changing. It disappears with her and-"

Acting quickly, you swept a column of flame towards the two, cutting her off. They both dove from the blast, Izuku rolling away and Uraraka at the stairs. "Keep going!" Izuku shouted. "Find the bomb!"

"No!" You yelped, chasing after her.

You tried to dart after Uraraka but an iron clasp gripped your ankle. You turned and looked at Izuku as he tried to slow you down. He was avoiding his quirk. Heat erupted from your ankle and he hissed before letting go.

"I guess you could say I'm too hot to handle." You snickered at your own joke as Izuku stood to face you.

He took a classic stance and you took your own. "Come at me!" You challenged, flames curling from your flesh.

He nodded in mute and ran at you. He attempted to throw his weight against your stomach as he stayed low. You jumped into the air, his hair clipping your shoeless feet and you kicked off his back to land on your feet.

You did however notice his toned muscles. "Wow! That training has really done a number." You whistled.

He prepared to charge at you and you waited.

"Deku!" An enraged voice screamed.

You looked behind your brother and saw Bakugou, his eyes wild as he pinpointed your brother. Explosions ignited in his palms and your instincts of young kicked in. Grabbing Izuku by the wrist, you yanked him behind you. Crossing your arms, your metallic flesh equipped too quickly and you audibly screamed in pain.

Bakugou blew you off your feet with an explosion and aimed for Izuku. You twisted midair, turning to air and sending enough pressure at the flames to put them out, but still knocking Izuku back.

"Kacchan!" You barked. "Back the fuck off Izuku!" You warned, standing in front of him.

"Go protect the bomb!"

"Shut up stripper!" He yelled, walking through you towards your brother. "I've been waiting to test his stupid quirk ever sense it miraculously showed up."

"Bakugou listen to me and go guard tell bomb!" You ordered. "Izuku is my brother and I will fight him!"

"You can't give me orders!"

"Watch me!" You growled.

You equipped metal and swung your leg at his knees. You grabbed him by his suit and threw him back behind you. He fixed his eyes on you and you shuddered. It wasn't about the grade. He had murder in his crimson eyes. He gave a battle cry as he charged at you. You turned to air and he passed through before you turned flame and sliced a stream of blue flame at him.

He whipped around and charged again, an explosion shoving you back and you toppled over. Turning back to metal you placed your feet at his stomach and flipped his body over yours. You could feel your face quickly growing warmer and warmer and Izuku could tell.

"(Y/N) you can't keep switching!" He warned. "You'll go nuclear!"

You didn't hear him as your fist covered in flame, changing before the rest of your body changed from metal, and you swung at his face. Bakugou tackled you, his explosions behind your back tearing your suit. You turned to air and tried to slip away, but one of your legs remained metal and he caught it, throwing your body against the air.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Kacchan! (Y/N)! Stop!" I yelled. "Her body can't keep up with her shifting! She's going to collapse!"

Looking at the intense fight, I couldn't figure out a way to stop it. Metal crawled over some of her skin, on some parts flame and at others their was nothing. A white halo glowed around her body and I could tell she was about to go nuclear.

"If I can't stop the fight I have to end the match! I gotta find the bomb!"

I rushed up the stairs and scanned the floors quickly. As I passed Uraraka she seemed concerned. "What's happening down there?!" She asked worriedly.

"Bakugou and (Y/N) are fighting! But she's reaching her limit fast. We gotta end the match."

Uraraka nodded and we searched desperately. It wasn't on the top floor like I expected. (Y/N) obviously avoided the best choice in attempt to throw me off, but she wouldn't just put it in plain sight. "Uraraka! Look for any piles! She had to have hidden it under something!"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My entire body was riddled with itching heat. It was taking all three forms, not keeping up with the many shifts. I wasn't about to go down though. "Bakugou just swallow your pride!" You snapped. "Quit it before the heroes win!"

"I don't give a damn about the heroes! I'm going to teach you your place!" He sneered, another blast taking you off your feet. You tried to consume your flesh in metal but your quirk stopped responding. You crossed your arms over you and hoped for the best. The blast knocked you through the wall behind you and you began to fall.

Air! Air! Come on shift already!

Your eyes widened as you realized you'd gone nuclear. The molecules of your body that caused your quirk stopped functioning until your body could rest and restore to normal. You twisted and looked at the ground. You were five stories and falling fast. A loud siren marked the end of the round. Your eyes closed, tears in them.

Dammit...

Your body slipped into unconsciousness but you don't know what happened next.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You shot up from your bed, tears still in your eyes and your heart pounding. A head of green hair seemed to jump up as well and you looked around you. Recovery Girl stood next to you, holding her mouth as though she was surprised. "Oh dear, child you're blistering hot!" She mused. "You mustn't do this to yourself!"

"(Y/N)!" Izuku gasped, grabbing your arm. "You went nuclear and I was so worried. You were falling from the building and All Might had to step in!" 

"All Might caught me?" You muttered, your voice hoarse. In a way it disappointed you.

"Yeah. Right now he's talking to Bakugou." Izuku confirmed. "He's, uh, concerned about his behavior."

Your face heated up and you stood, though your legs were shaky. "(Y/N) what are you doing? You need to lay-"

"I will Izuku. I just need to say a few things to Bakugou as well." You said quietly. "I'll go home after that."

"(Y/N) you really shouldn't-"

You already left his side, looking around for him. Outside the cityscape, not too far from you, Bakugou's back was turned to you as he spoke to All Might.

You could see All Might talking animatedly but you couldn't see how Bakugou was reacting. You limped towards him as quickly as you could, Izuku scrambling out after you.

All Might noticed the green haired heroine and Bakugou turned. His eyes skipped over your brother instantly locking on you. All Might pushed him towards you as you limped towards him.

"Aw! (Y/N) perfect timing. I believe Bakugou has something to say to-"

He didn't get a chance finish his statement as you raised a hand, a sharp crack filling the air as you slapped Bakugou. His head snapped sideways with the blow, almost immediately whipping back as he glowered at you. "What the hell do you-"

"You know Bakugou! If you hate me that much you could try the humane way and just live with it!" You shouted. Tears pricked at the corners of your eyes. "I understand that I'm weak and have little skill, but at least I fucking try! It's better than being a price with a little bit of talent. I've been trying to convince myself ever since the time I met you as a kid, that maybe you were just acting out because you were actually broken on the inside. But I realized something today, if you actually had some excuse for being such a douche then you'd know how to at least act like a person. You're not a hero! You're a monster!" You screamed. "If I never see you again it's too early!"

Bakugou's eyes were wide in surprise. Izuku didn't even move to comfort you and All Might struggled to come up with a response.

"Well, uh, (Y/N), actually young Bakugou just-"

"Don't make excuses for him!" You barked. "He shouldn't have to be coached into apologies. He shouldn't have to be corralled like an animal because he can't handle his own fucking temper."

This time Bakugou tried to speak but you snapped. "I hate you Bakugou!" You cried, tears trickling over your face.

Your hands curled into fist and your nails cut into your palms. Blood tipped your fingers but you didn't care. After you finally said it, that you hated Bakugou, it felt as though there was a weight on your chest. You turned sharply and walked away, legs shaky and unstable. You grabbed your arm, blood smearing on the arms.

Slowly your body dissolved into air and Izuku shouted to you. "(Y/N) you can't! You're too unstable to use your quirk!"

You ignored your brother as you fled from the school on the wind. You relied heavily on the current of air to carry you to the rooftops of the cities before you collapsed. You clung to the railing over the top of the building as you tried to catch your breath. You coughed, blood spilling over your lip. "Gotta move..." You muttered.

Shifting again, you got to the ground, half falling and half floating to the ground. As you touched to the ground you coughed blood into your palm. You looked around you, finding a familiar spot and stumbling in its direction. It was a park, the one you met Izuku in. You flashed back to your first memory and remembered your hiding spot. Stumbling to the bushes, you looked at them and sighed. They hadn't been trimmed in a long time, leaving them large and overgrown. You didn't mind, sitting in their cover as you hacked blood into your hands.

You knew you wouldn't die, this had happened before, but you'd be light-headed until you stopped coughing blood and started gaining it again. Your eyes closed and you fell asleep, hidden in the bush except to those who looked and listened.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I trudged home after school in a worse mood than I've ever been. After the simulations, everyone was avoiding me like the plague. All Might had told me I was over doing it, but was it really that bad?

As I walked I passed the old playground I used to use as a child. Mostly it was where me and my 'friends' show off our quirks. Sighing, I walked through it and examined the familiar terrain. Memories of both good and bad flooded my mind.

Scowling, I sat on an old swing. It was just one chick! Deku's sister no less! Why did I bother me so much when she snapped at me? Yeah, she called me a monster, but that wasn't too big of a deal to me.

As I thought I could see her tear stained face in my head and my chest felt as though it was twisting. It didn't feel right to see her cry. As kids she never did, she just put on a face and kept going but now...

I sighed, running a hand through my hair and shaking my head. "Stupid..."

A dry cough took my attention and I stood up, alarmed by the noise. Following it, I was led to the overgrown bushes and crouching down. "Hey! Shithead! Who's there?!" I barked, looking through the brush.

There was no response but another dry cough took the silence. My eyes followed the sound and found a familiar looking black-suited girl. My heart skipped a beat as she laid motionless.

I acted on instinct, snatching her in my arms and heading home. It was close than a hospital and the only blood there seemed to be from earlier.

I'm going to regret this...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530 30 16
IMPORTANT: This is a discontinued version. My writing style has changed and it was no longer very comfortable for me to write in this style. I have a...
293K 9.7K 145
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...
214K 6.9K 20
Long story short you have no clue who your birth father is. Your mom became a villain and abandoned you when you were 10, don't worry you're being ta...
271K 5.3K 22
You're a girl with a very powerful quirk and a kind personality! You finally make it into the school of your dreams! U.A.! You felt that no one could...