Vindicta

By Feisty_Freak

Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close prox... More

Prologue
Not All Sundays Are Good
The Meeting
Another Step
Laughing Pumpkins
The Talk
Announcement
Price Residence (Part 1)
Price Residence (Part 2)
The Day
Horny Creeps
High-on-steroids
Fails
Alone
Capture
Grasping Situation
The Party (Part 1)
The Party (Part 2)
Jealous
Not Done
Break Me Again
He Cares
Falling
Different
Earrings
Party Poopers
Under A Spell
Locked
Guilty
Deep Trouble
Pepper Spray
Unknown Number
Introduction
Only I Do
The Truth
Brother
The Sullivans
Wine Cellar
Memory Lane
Baby Talks
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Nick's Trouble
Signing with FicFun

Dinner Da--?

99.3K 3.7K 486
By Feisty_Freak

Chapter Twelve - Dinner Da--?

I was done with my breakfast and I glanced down at my watch. 11 a.m.

I slipped my handbag across my shoulders and walked towards the door. Just then, I heard a door opening and I turned around.

Alec stepped out in his business attire and paused when he saw me. "Where are you going?"

"Shopping,"

He looked down at his watch. "It's 11 in the morning,"

"I'll be exploring places too," I shrugged.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "You can't really blame me, Alec. I know you're going to be busy and I cannot waste another day of my vacation either in a waiting room or in this cottage,"

"Alright," He seemed weirded out for a second. "I wasn't exactly telling you to do that,"

"Oh. Then what?"

He pulled out a card from his pocket and extended it in my direction.

"What's that?"

"You've never seen a credit card before?"

I heaved a sigh. "I don't need it. I have my own credit card,"

"Really? Let me see it," He approached me and I rolled my eyes as I fished the card from my bag and handed it to him.

"It's in your father's name," He muttered.

"Well obviou-" I gasped as he broke the card into two and aimed it straight into a bin near the kitchen island.

I stared at him in shock which soon turned into fury. "What the hell!"

He took my hand and placed the new card in my palm. "Use that,"

"What? Why?"

"Because you're my wife now," He stated simply and took a seat at the island to have his breakfast.

"But...it's not right," I spoke.

He looked up at me for a moment and went back to pouring the coffee from the coffeemaker.

"If there's anything that wouldn't be right, it's using your dad's money after marrying me," He said while taking a sip of his coffee.

I walked up to the island. "But I don't want your money, Alec."

He raised a brow at me and I rolled my eyes. "Keeping the investment money aside, dumbass."

"You know it's pointless. Just stop wasting my time," He spoke as he unlocked his phone and started typing something away. Sometimes I think he does it to avoid me.

Sighing, I leaned on the counter and waited until he finally looked up at me. "You're still here?"

"Yes."

He went back to tapping at something on the screen. I saw a glimpse of Color Switch and let out a laugh.

He glared up at me and shut his phone, placing it on the counter and eating his breakfast.

"Look. It just feels a little weird to use your money like that--especially when I am using it completely for myself." I muttered in a low voice while slipping the card back to him across the counter.

He glanced up at me.

"Keep it-"

"No. I just can't. It's not right,"

"So don't you wanna shop now?" He raised a brow.

I let out a laugh. "Since I don't have dad's card now and I'm obviously not going to ask him for another, I'm now going to shop when I have a job," I said proudly.

That sounded good! The next time I go for shopping, it's going to be my own money. I would be graduating in a month or two and then I would probably start internship and then have a job in......a few months?

Well, no shopping until a few months.

That doesn't sound bad at all.

But what about shopping in Barbados?

No way! I'll come back here to shop once I start earning.

I turned back to go to my room.

"Scarlet?"

"Yeah?" I turned back to him.

"Take this card," His tone was ordering as he got up from his seat and shoved the card into my hand once again. I scratched my forehead and opened my mouth to say something but he spoke.

"If that's how you really feel, you don't have to use it completely for yourself,"

I thought over his words and asked, "So what can I buy for you?"

He seemed to be thinking for an item that I could buy for him but finally shrugged.

"Why don't you come with me?" I asked.

"I'm busy,"

Ofcourse! I felt stupid for even asking that. How could I even expect him to leave work just to accompany me at shopping?

I'll just buy him a tie or a pair of socks. Or maybe cufflinks?

"How about I buy you dinner?" I asked suddenly, but regretted the words the moment they left my mouth, knowing that he would deny it immediately but I stared at him in surprise when he thought for a moment and nodded.

"Just text me the restaurant. I'll be there,"

I blinked at him in surprise, my mouth going dry. "Tonight?"

"Sure," He spoke nonchalantly while grabbing his phone from the counter.

"Okay," I bit my lip to stop the smile from reaching my lips and turned to the door.

"See you later," I muttered and left the cottage without waiting for a reply. I smiled down at the beach as I watched the children playing in the water and building sand castles.

Chuckling at them, I took the short way to the exit and stopped when our chauffeur parked the vehicle infront of me. He got out and held the door open for me.

"I'm not going with Alec today. He'll be here in a few minutes though,"

"I just got a call from Mr. Sinclair. I'll be your chauffeur today," He spoke.

Oh!

"Alright. Thanks," I muttered while getting inside the car. He asked me where I wanted to go and I told him to take me to a good mall.

He did indeed bring me to the best mall where I could find all the brands. I shopped for nearly two hours and smiled at the classy black tie I had bought. I got the box wrapped in a gift paper and decided to give it to Alec over dinner as a thank you.

After having some snacks, I left the mall and Kyle, my chauffuer, drove me back to the hotel.

"Can you tell me about some good restaurants around here?"

He gave me names of a few fancy restaurants and I googled them. I liked the ambience of all of them but fell in love with the last one. From the pictures, it seemed like a quiet place and the reviews were good.

I texted the name and address of this restaurant to Alec, waiting patiently for his confirmation.

We reached the hotel and I went to the reception to collect the punching card first. Carrying all the bags to the cottage, I dropped them on the couch and collapsed beside them.

My phone buzzed and I opened the message.

I'll be there at 7.

Alec had replied. I found myself grinning at the screen and replied with a quick okay. I called the restaurant to make a reservation for 7 p.m.

I spent the rest of the afternoon picking out the best outfit. I finally decided to wear a black flowy dress that reached a little above my knees and had thin straps, fitting perfectly to my body and showing off my workout curves. I paired it with my black matching stilettos.

I took a break to order some lunch. Once I was done eating, it was evening already and I spent another hour straightening my wavy locks. I put some makeup on and finally smiled at my reflection.

Well, I shouldn't be this excited. It's not like it's a dinner date.

I took my black matching sling bag with me and left the cottage. It was exactly 6:59 p.m. when I was standing outside the restaurant, waiting for Alec.

I decided to go inside. The lady at the front desk smiled at me kindly.

"Scarlet Sinclair," I spoke and returned her smile.

She checked her computer. "You have a reservation, Mrs. Sinclair. Please follow me," She said and started walking through the tiny aisle between the luxurious booths.

I stared at the interior of the restaurant in awe. She directed me to my booth and I made myself comfortable. A man appeared at my booth with a small writing pad and pencil in his hand. "Would you like to order?"

"I'm waiting for my husband," He smiled and nodded, leaving.

I looked down at my phone. 7:05.

He should be getting here already.

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw a man in a business attire walking up to me. I pretended to not notice him and looked down at the menu but stared up at him when he walked past my booth. It was someone else.

Sighing, I waited a little longer and after fifteen minutes, the ordering person came back to glance at me but when he saw that I was still alone, he went back.

I decided to send a quick text to Alec.

Where are you?

I waited impatiently for his reply but when fifteen more minutes had passed and I didn't get a text from him, I decided to call him.

It was 7:30 already.

His phone rang but he didn't pick up. I called a few more times but it went to voicemail.

I waited another fifteen minutes but he didn't show up.

Glancing nervously around me, I picked up my bag and left the restaurant, not missing the pitiful glances I received from the staff while leaving.

I got stood up.

I took in a shaky breath when I stepped outside on the pavement. I walked a little away from the restaurant to avoid anymore stares.

A lump was forming in my throat as I looked at my reflection in one of the shop windows. I rarely put in effort to dress up for someone. Why did I do it today when all he did was not show up at all?

Why am I such an idiot?

Hot tears blurred my vision as I pulled my phone out to call Kyle but stopped.

I was embarrassed and didn't want anymore people to see me like this, especially known ones. I started walking down the pavement, crossing the restaurant and turning a corner.

I felt bad for making Kyle wait for so long so I decided to send him a text.

Hey there, Kyle. You are done for the day. Let me know when you get this message.

After a minute, I got his reply.

Alright. Thank you, Mrs. Sinclair.

I locked my phone and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. How could he do this to me?

What did I ever do to him? Why does he hate me so much? First, he forced me to become his wife. He's never talked to me kindly. Then he stood me up.

I would never do that to someone. Infact, I have always been nice to him. I didn't deserve that.

Closing my eyes, I took in a few deep breaths and then resumed my walk again. The sky was dark but my surroundings were chirpy.

The cool breeze pushed my hair out of my face and in a distance, I spotted some hustle and could hear loud music from up here.

I walked up to the place and read the name in shiny neon boards. Midnight Club.

Ofcourse. I rolled my eyes. As I neared the place, I found it surrounded by many people standing outside the club, talking, making out and drinking.

The loud music was deafening and I found myself walking to the entrance. Finally something to take my mind off that asshole.

I remembered the last time I had got drunk with Lily, which was a few months ago. Long time.

With a smirk, I entered the crowdy place. The dance floor was packed and I watched in amazement as people danced with the loud music, going crazy with the beats.

I walked up to the bartender and asked for two vodka shots. I pulled out my credit card and paused before handing it to him. This was Alec's.

Well, screw that asshole.

I handed him the card with a smirk and he gave it back to me. I picked up the first shot and downed it in a go, the liquid burning its way down my throat. I sucked on the lemon after its bitter taste and picked up the second shot.

Downing it, I went to the dance floor and started dancing with the song, wishing with all my heart that Lily was here with me.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I turned around to find a drunk weirdo smiling at me. Narrowing my eyes, I pushed his hand away.

He seemed to take the hint as he shrugged and went away dancing. Atleast he wasn't a horny creep.

Horny creep. The way Alec had put it.

I frowned at my thoughts. I shouldn't be thinking about the one who stood me up.

I walked back to the bar and ordered three shots of tequila.

I cringed at the hard liquid but downed all three of them, remembering how Lily couldn't swallow it once and it flew out of her nose.

I laughed at the memory and the bartender gave me a knowing look, probably thinking that the alcohol had started hitting.

I pointed a finger at him. "I'm not drunkkkk....Just remembered something," I slurred.

Okay! Maybe I am drunk.

Pushing the extra thoughts out of my mind, I went back to the dance floor and started dancing again. I did a risky step and landed back on my feet safely. I'm not drunk at all.

Going back, I ordered two more shots and downed them one after the other. I felt a headrush and held my head for a moment. It was gone sooner than it came and I walked back to the dance floor, spotting a cute blond with green eyes.

I let out a whistle at how hot he was but he seemed to have heard it as his head snapped in my direction, a smirk forming on his lips.

Oops. He started walking up to me but I turned around and crossed the dance floor to go into a corner, which led outside in the fresh air. I entered the opening and sighed at the cars parked in the lots.

My phone buzzed and I looked down at the contact. I squinted my eyes to read the name and once I did, I let out a laugh. Guess who finally remembered me!

I declined his call and grinned at the phone. Even before another second could pass, the phone rang again and I frowned. I answered his call.

"What do you want?" I meant it to come out as a snap but it came out as an irritated whimper.

"Where the fuck are you?" His deep voice rang through my ears.

"Whoa," I let out a laugh. "Where the fuck am I?" I motioned around with my hands, almost losing my balance.

"Scarlet," He snapped in a dangerously low voice. "Tell me where you are or so help me God, when I find you-"

I burst out laughing. "I am soooooo scared," I whispered.

There was a pause.

"Are you drunk!?" He snapped.

I looked around myself. "Yeah?"

"Where are you?" He shouted over the phone and I pulled it away from my ear.

"Leave me alone," I said. "Like you did at the dinner," I snapped back and hung up.

Giving myself a pat on the back, I let out a laugh.

My phone rang again but I switched it off and shoved it inside my bag.

Smiling proudly at myself, I walked back into the club and ordered another shot, promising myself that this one was last.

Though I wasn't even drunk!

I took the last shot and went to the dance floor, expecting Alec to call me again but he didn't.

Why would he?

He wouldn't just call me.

I suddenly remembered that my phone was switched off and I let out a laugh.

Just then, my mind snapped to the reason why he wasn't at the restaurant and the day when he was supposed to come pick me up replayed in my mind. He forgot.

No, he did not. He must be busy with a whore.

My blood started boiling at the image and I balled my hands up in a fist, wanting nothing more than to slash that girl's throat.

I blinked at my thoughts. Why do I care?

"Hey sweetheart," A voice murmured in my ears and I turned around to find a guy with dark brown hair and brooding features hovering over me.

I shifted back a bit, almost losing my balance but he caught my hand. I yanked it free.

"I've been looking at you. You're standing still since the past few minutes. Are you alright?"

I nodded slightly and looked down at the ground, my eyelids becoming heavy.

"You just need fresh air," He took my hand in his but I was too weak to protest as he dragged me through the crowd.

I realized that it wasn't the same opening as I was at before, instead it was the parking lot infront of the exit of the club.

He started dragging me towards a car and I realized what was happening. I yanked my hand free from his grip and stumbled back.

"I don't wanna go anywhere with you," I said and started going back inside the club but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

His breath lingered my face as he ran his nose along my cheeks. I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him back with as much force as I could muster but he pulled me back with equal intensity.

Just then, someone punched him square in the jaw as his body was thrown away from me.

He fell to the ground and looked up in surprise. I looked beside me to find Alec glaring at him.

Alec pounced over him and threw punches on his face. The guy shouted in pain while I stood there in shock.

I ran over to Alec and shouted for him to stop, my head throbbing like I could die any moment.

"Alec please stop."

The guy was now unconscious and I ran up to Alec, clutching his shoulder tightly. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Alec seemed to be thinking more clearly now. He gave him one final punch in the jaw and got up. He was breathing heavily, his back turned to me.

Suddenly, he turned around and advanced in my direction. I stepped back in fright as he grabbed my shoulders roughly, his piercing glare making me wish I would pass out already.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He shook me roughly. "Did he hurt you, Scarlet?"

My legs gave way and I felt completely at the mercy of his hands. He scrutinized my face and lifted his fingers to brush the tears away. I leaned in his hand, closing my eyes for a moment.

A soft look crossed his face and I found myself leaning in further. I placed my head on his chest, feeling him tense up but his arms embraced me and I sighed in relief, forgetting everything that had happened a while ago.

He took in a deep breath and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you okay?" He whispered softly in my ear and I nodded, a warm feeling erupting in my chest.

I tightened my arms around him but suddenly pushed him away, more like pushing myself away from him since he did not move an inch.

I sniffed and looked up at him. He seemed surprised for a fleeting moment.

"Were you done fucking that whore?" I snapped with all the energy I had left inside me.

"I wasn't with anyo-"

"You stood me up," I snapped.

If I didn't manage to keep my eyes open in that moment, I would have surely missed the look of guilt that crossed his face for a fleeting moment after which his face was back to his usual frowning self.

He opened his mouth to speak and took a step in my direction but I moved back.

"Don't," I held my hand up and he stopped in his tracks.

"You're such an asshole, Alec Sinclair. Why would you do this to me? Have I ever done something bad to you?" I snapped.

Tears pooled in my eyes once more. "Are you looking at me? I got dressed up for you,"

I fished out the wrapped gift from my bag and threw it at him. He didn't catch it and it hit his chest, falling to the ground. "I even got you a gift,"

I shut my eyes as a sob escaped my lips. "I am such an idiot,"

I felt him take a step in my direction and I opened my eyes to glare at him but he was already standing an inch away from me.

"Do you hate me?" I whispered.

His eyes held a storm of his own and for that one moment, it seemed like he wasn't there with me. Like he was in a completely different world and I could almost see the frustration and hurt in his eyes.

Swallowing hard, he said firmly. "No,"

A tear rolled down my cheek and I felt some indescribable relief at his one single word.

"You don't?" I asked again.

He shook his head and his jaw clenched as he looked down at me with his piercing blue eyes.

I grabbed his collar and lifted my body up.

"Kiss me, Alec." I whispered.

With this, I kissed him.

Hey guys!

Did you like it?

Do let me know in the comments section! 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 12.4K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...
12.2M 393K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
12.3M 353K 47
UNDER MAJOR EDITING AND REVISION. CHANGES TO THE STORY LINE IS PROBABLE. "You are going to listen and do as I say-" she cuts him off, "You do not ow...
23.3M 804K 64
Alexander James is at the top of the food chain with his multi billion dollar company. Just the sound of his name makes men's blood boil in jealousy...