Destined with the Bad Girl ➸...

Od screamingcamren

It's hard to pretend to love someone when you don't. But it's harder to deny you're in love when you already... Více

Note Before Read || Prologue
Hate at First Sight Truly Exist
PFH: No Girlfriend? No Boyfriend? No Worries, We Got You!
The Doomed Proposal
Wait! So I'm Really Married?! and I'm Now Mrs. Jauregui?!
Am I Still a Virgin?!
Your Friendly Neighborhood, Jerk Mcdouche Pants
Hot Sauce is the New Tomato Juice
Silly Me! I Thought It's Connect the Dots
Your Knight in Shining Blue Boxer is Here to Save You
Team Camila, We Won!
I'm Jealous and You Know Why
Her Fierce Green Eyes is My Favorite One
Mission X: Ruin Camila and Shawn's Date at All Cost
The Battle Between the Heart and the Mind
Camila
I...I Think I'm Falling for Her
That was... That was Super Awkward
What Now, Lauren Jauregui?!
Angels Can Be a Confessed Sinner Too
Oh Boy, I Smell Trouble
Stars. Fireworks. A Symphony. All the Everything
It's Home. I'm at Home With Her
2020 Bonnie and Clyde
Prom? How About No
You're My Muse to Every Song That I'll Write
The "Who Comes First? Chicken or Egg?" Argument
Today on Dr. Phil- Camila "The Horrible Driver" Cabello
The Hauntings of the Past
Special Chapter - Normani
Lauren's Side of Truth
When Tornado Meets Volcano
I'll Ride Till I Die. With You, My Love.
It's Always About the Consequences
The Moon and the Sun
Our Own Paradise and Warzone
I'm Too Blind to See the End Has Begun.
The New Beginning
The Taste of Her Own Medicine
Camila's Wicked Games
Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater
Melt a Little Ice Princess
Then Make Me Need You
You are Summer to My Winter Heart
I Hope You Forgive Me For That
Begin Again
The Wedding Proposal
The Truth About Lauren
Friendships and Closure
The Perfect Master Plan
Slowly Taking Toll
Jealousy is a Very Dangerous Game
The Letter
I Am Meant to Love Her, It's as Simple as That
Clark Zachary Cabello Jauregui
Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer
Keeping Up With Shawmila
The Birthday Bash
I Lost My Sun. I Lost You
Lauren Michelle Mendes
Will You Be the Sun or the Pouring Rain?
The Special Donor
Two Strangers Who Shared a Lot of Memories
I Will See You on the Finish Line
After All, Soulmates Always End Up Together
Epilogue: Mrs. And Mrs. Jauregui

Mrs. KM

2K 69 71
Od screamingcamren

When no one else chooses to stay, I will. I will.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 59
Lauren's POV

As I predicted, Camila got sick. She had a high fever, colds, and she's coughing from time to time. Clark wanted to skip school to take care of her so I told him that I got this and that school is way more important but he ended up crying while snuggling on Camila's neck. The brown eyed girl tried to calm him down and comfort him but no matter what, Clark refuses to leave her side.

Dinah, Mani, and I are standing by the door frame as we watch the mother-and-son moment playing in front of us. His love for Camila swoon our hearts completely.

"Mommy's gonna be okay, tiger. It's not like I'm dying." Camila chuckled before she slightly shoved Clark away from her and sneeze.

"But I want to take care of you until you're all better, mommy."

I step in and cupped his shoulders, "Lawren's here to take care of mommy. I promise. When you come home after school we'll play with mommy. How's that sound?"

It took a brief moment before Clark nod his head, "Promise, mom?"

"I promise." We do pinky swear before I planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Mom, are you going to use your magical fingers to make mommy feel good?"

I choked on my fucking saliva.

I heard Dinah crack a very loud laugh so I looked at her direction with a "What the fuck did you told to my son" kind of look.

"What did you taught the kid this time, Dinah Jane?" Normani asked with her arms crossed against her chest.

The Polynesian girl shrugged her shoulders, "Nothing much, really. Just basically how you strum gina to make her go 'squirt squirt'."

Normani's about to slap the back of her head but Dinah's too quick to dodge the incoming attack from her girlfriend.

The Tongan laugh again, "I'm just joking! I didn't—"

But Dinah didn't manage to dodge mine so my hand connects at the back of her head causing everyone to laugh.

"Ouch! I said I was just joking!"

"If Ally's here you'll get another smack." I told her and the Polynesian girl made an awful face while rubbing the part that I hit.

"Why does all of you always blaming me whenever Clark says something nasty? I'm always the bad aunt here and it's not even fair." Dinah pouted with a sad puppy eyes.

With a grin, I wiped it off by slapping the back of her head for the second time. Am I bullying Dinah Jane? Yes. Am I enjoying doing it? Definitely.

"Looking so pure and innocent doesn't suit you, idiot."

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao, tame your girlfriend because I'm so close of beating her up to death."

The brown eyed brunette giggled, "I'm sorry, China. I don't want to sleep on the couch tonight, so... good luck."

"Wha— So I'm on my own now? That was so unfair! I am your best friend, Walz!"

"And I'm the girlfriend, moron. What's your point?" I flickered Dinah's forehead causing her to groan in pain.

"Lauren! You're fucking bullying me! Stop!"

"Language!" Normani slap the back of her head making me laugh so hard.

Poor Dinah Jane.

"Jesus christ! Y'all are hurting me both physically and emotionally, where's the justice? I'm gonna call Ally and tell her y'all are bullying me and making me cry." Dinah wipe away her invisible tears before picking up the little brown eyed boy, "C'mere, Clark. Let's get out of here."

"Bye tiger! Bye Chee! Drive safe always. I love you!" Camila sent a flying kiss which Clark happily catch while Dinah dodged it as if it was some kind of deadly virus.

"Study well, okay? We love you, kid."

"I love you mommy! I love you mom!"

"I love you even if you're stupid most of the times." Normani leaned in and press their lips together, making Dinah smile cheekily.

"Aww you're making me blush, babe. Why always so romantic?" Dinah cooed sarcastically, "I love you too, wifey."

"Byeeee!" Clark and Dinah waved goodbye to us before disappearing from the room along with Normani.

I glance at Camila and she's staring at the ceiling while smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

Camila tore her eyes from the ceiling to look at me, "Can you guess why?"

A huge smile appeared on my lips, "Well, I can't think of anything today because all I know is my fucking beautiful girlfriend is about to win a GRAMMYs! A FUCKING GRAMMYs!!!! Camz, do you know how huge this is for you?!" I breathed out in utterly disbelief, "I... I-I can't believe that you're real. I mean, really? Camila Cabello is my girlfriend? That insanely beautiful and talented girl who's about to take home a GRAMMYs in less than an hour is my girlfriend?" I giggled, "I am fangirling over you right now, I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm just really happy."

Camila put her hand over my cheek and caress it softly. And then she laugh. But the kind of laugh that was filled with sarcasm. If I don't know her that well then I'll think of it as a victory laugh.

"You really think I'll win that?"

"Of course! Everyone knows you'll win that!"

"Really?" She asked surprisingly and I gave her a stern look.

"I know you know you'll win that too."

"I've already won, so..."

I knitted my eyebrows, confused. "You do? But the GRAMMYs haven't started yet—"

"I got you over that dude at the bar and that means everything to me. That's all I need. It makes me feel like I've won thousands of GRAMMYs, millions even, because I have you and you love me."

I chuckled, "Are you trying to smitten me by your words?"

"Did it get you though?"

I nod my head shamelessly, "Yes. It's awfully working, Cabello."

"I guess standing in the rain really paid off." She giggled, scrunching her nose.

"And now you're sick."

Camila cough followed by a sneeze. I could tell her colds are making it harder for her to breathe, but then despite of that she's still smiling like she just won a million dollar lottery. "I got you back so no regrets."

"You're such an idiot." I giggled before I leaned in to kiss her but Camila immediately pulled away and let out another loud sneeze.

"I want to kiss you too baby but I'm sick. I don't want you to get ill too."

I placed my hand over her lips before I leaned in and kiss it, giving her an indirect kiss.

"For now." I told her and the brown eyed girl smiled.

She shift comfortably in the bed before pulling out the notebook and pen under her pillow.

"I can't sleep last night so I wrote a song." I watched Camila as she writes down bunch of words in the paper for a good long minute. It amused me how she easily slip back to her bubble and write a song so easily and naturally like breathing.

They dropped me.

Her words suddenly crossed my mind. We haven't talk much about what happened so I take this time to ask her.

"Camz,"

"Yes, baby?"

"What now?"

She stops writing and look at me, "You mean us?"

"I mean you. You said the label dropped you. What now?"

"I had it all sort out so don't worry about it." Something in her face changed but immediately concealed it with a smile.

"I want to know, Camz."

She took a deep breath, "I told them I'm done with this PR and they tried to change my mind. They showed me everything I could be if I stay with him. It was everything I dreamed of, Laur. Everything I dreamed of but better. Greater, even. Then they informed me that there's a change of plan. I'll be marrying Shawn for publicity. They told me they're going to hire a fake priest and make a fake wedding certificate that last for a year but I stood on my ground. I want a way out. I told them I was so done and my decision is final, so are they. In just a blink of an eye, they dropped me. They were so angry that I breached my contract and they want to sue me for that. Shawn was there and he was able to calm them down. And that's why we've come into terms that they will not sue me but they will ban me from joining any other label out there."

My jaw dropped. "So that means...?"

"My career is over, Laur."

I felt my heart sinked down to my feet while looking at Camila. I want her to end her PR with Shawn, not her career.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" Camila chuckled, "Between the two of us, you're the one who looked more upset."

"Because that was your dream."

"This, is my dream. I never regret my decision though."

"But..." That's the only word I manage to utter.

"I have you, and that means I have everything. Plus, I still have a job. They ban me from joining other label but they didn't ban me to become a songwriter." I looked at her and she's smiling like this is all nothing. Like she didn't lost her career, "Remember CharliXCX? She called me and wanted me to write a song for her. We'll be fine. We'll survive this, together." Camila interlaced our fingers together.

I nod my head and smile. "Can I help you with that?"

"You want us to write a song together?"

"I mean, if Camila Cabello wanted to then who am I to say no?"

"I'm not 'CAMILA CABELLO!!!' anymore." Camila mimic the voice of her fans whenever they sees her, "And it's not Camila either. It's Camz. My name's Camz because that's what you called me. So stop treating me like how my fans treated me. I'm not some kind of perfect goddess that needed to be worshipped all the time. I don't want you to look up to me as if I was everything the world dreamed to be. As if I was the unreachable star, because that's not who I really am. I'm just... me. A simple nerd girl you met at New York who almost book a flight going back to Miami because her father lost his job and her mother can no longer support her studies. A nerd girl who worked at some dating company to self support her expenses who happens to be the girl you hired because you needed a cover up for your mess. A nerd girl who shamelessly embarrassed herself in front of her crush countless of times because that's what she do when she's crushing hard on someone who happens to be the biggest asshole she ever met in her whole entire life. And that was you, Lauren Jauregui. A nerd girl who hates your guts but ended up falling In love with you. I want you to look at me the way you used to before because that's the real me, not this girl whom the world knows."

"Things have changed, Camz. We're not some kind of teenagers anymore."

"You're the one who changed, Laur. I still look at you the way I used to back then. But you..." Camila shook her head lightly. Her brown orbs was filling with sadness, "I hate how you always tell me you don't deserve me. How I'm the star and you're nothing. I hate it because it's not even true. And I hate it even more because I can't do anything about it."

"Was it... was it a bad change?"

"No," Camila looked straight in my eyes, "It just makes me sad when you down yourself in front of me when you shouldn't have. I am suppose to lift you up but sometimes I feel like you being with me became completely the opposite of what I should suppose to do."

"Y-you're not— you're not trying to break up with me, aren't you?"

Camila's eyes widened, "What? No! No, of course not. Wait, did I say too much that you've thought of that?"

I smiled and kiss her forehead, "Too much that I realized how a single second can make me feel so terrified to death at the thought of losing you. You're the only thing in my life that makes sense. You complete me in different ways I couldn't explain, Camz."

I pulled away, only to see Camila smiling like a completely idiot with her cheeks flustered in red. And only with that, she managed to make me laugh.

"So, back to the song," I reminded her and Camila nod her head eagerly.

"Of course I'd want us to write a song together! Come and lay next to me."

I did what Camila told me. She pass the notebook over and I read the words she wrote.

I know you don't want me anymore
By the look on your face
They say when it rains it pours
You can tell by my face

Oh and I know, and you know that we've been here before
I think I know how it should end
We got an audience calling us crazy
We ignore those with opinions of hate
We're not like the rest of them, friends with insanity as of lately

Everyone comes with scars but you can love them away
I told you that I wasn't perfect, you told me the same
I think that's why we belong together and unashamed
I told you that I wasn't perfect, no way
Way, way, no way, no way

I look at Camila while smiling, "It's beautiful, Camz."

"The 'Everyone comes with scars but you can love them away' is my favorite. I'm thinking about you when I wrote that."

"Really?"

Camila nodded, "Because love is about two imperfect people trying their best to accept each other's harmless imperfections. Love is about never arguing. Real love is nothing without trials. Real love is not about being oh-so-perfect-It- couple. This isn't a movie or some wattpad batshit that everything goes too smoothly. No, this is real. This is what real love is— It isn't perfect. It isn't easy. It isn't always blissful. It's hard and painful at times but that's what makes it real. And you taught me that by simply letting me love you." Camila paused for a bit to catch her breath, "And I've wrote the first verse back when I was still pregnant with Clark. Back when in everyone's perspective it's getting so toxic and that we shouldn't be together. And back then... I thought they were right all along, that being with you is a bad decision. Something I shouldn't pursue since the very beginning. But at the back of my head I know if I could just rewind the time then I'll still choose to love you even if I know it's me who'll lose at the end of all this. Even if it's me who'll pick up all the broken pieces, trying make sense of everything that's left. But then, getting hurt is something you cannot escape. You can't run away from that. Everyone will hurt you, you'll just have to choose who's worth the pain. And Lauren, you are worth every pain and every tears I shed, everything in between."

"You too, Camz. And now look at us. We managed to overcome it. We even had a child together."

"They say our love brought us nothing but pain but they're wrong. They're so wrong."

I'm about to respond when Normani suddenly barged into the room, "Yo, Camren, breakfast is ready. Aaaand, we're gonna tune in to the GRAMMYs because girl," She walked up Camila with a proud smile, "You are taking home the bacon today!"

The brown eyed brunette just giggled. Normani picks up Camila in bridal style before she turn to me, "Hop on my back, Lauser."

My eyes beamed with excitement, "You're gonna piggy back me, Mani?"

"No. See you downstairs!" They hurriedly storm off the room making me giggled. I look at the notebook and read it once more before I grab the pen. The words easily clicked on me after I read the words she wrote. It all naturally flows to my blood down to tips of my fingers. I've never wrote a verse so fast before. I put the pen down and read the words I wrote.

When I look in your eyes
I see through to my soul
I know the core of you is good
You're my tarnished hero

Smile curved on my lips, feeling satisfied with that I wrote. I put the notebook down and headed downstairs where Camila and Normani are already settled on the living room couch. They were already tuned in to the television which the GRAMMYs are being televised live.

I occupied the space next to Camila and place my hand against her forehead. She still has fever.

"Let me." I told her before I took the small bowl of her food from her lap and started feeding her.

"Fucking ants keeps on biting me and I wonder why?" Normani teased as she stuff her mouth with bacons and eggs.

Camila and I just laugh as we tuned in to the tv. They held several performances from different artists before they announced the winner for album
of the year.

I felt Camila tensed up from her seat. She tried to act calm but I could feel that she's nowhere near that. I glance at her and instead of seeing a smile, all I see is a sad expression that's written all over her face. I reach for her hand and give it a gently squeeze. She looked at me and I smile at her.

"You got this, Camz. You'll win that gold shinning gramophone. I believe in you."

The brown eyed brunette gave me a smile and a small nod. James Corden appeared on the screen in white tux and boxers which lighten everyone's mood including Camila since I heard her giggled.

"The time is ticking folks and now it's time to reveal the nominees and one more category—Album of the year."

"Yes, bitch! My best friend is few more minutes away from taking home that bacon!" Normani's already gone crazy in her seat, waving whatever she manages to grab.

I reach to the side of the couch to get my trumpet toy and make a sound as loud as I possibly can produce. I didn't feel contented as I get back on my feet and start doing my not-so-great-but-not-awkward-either cheer dance for Camila which didn't fail to make the brown eyed girl to laugh.

Everyone in the crowd started cheering Camila's name out loud making James struggle to continue what he's about to say next. And while James is waiting for the crowd to died down, Mani jumped in and join me. We dance and dance and dance as the three of us burst out laughing at how silly we are right now.

"Camila! Camila! Camila!" Mani imitate the voice of the crowd with a huge smile on her face.

"Look how they cheer for you, my love!" I pointed at the screen with so much proudness as if it was my name they were chanting.

"I know, it's crazy." Her voice is a bit shaky so I know the friction of being incredibly tense and nervous is still lingering on her system.

The crowd never stopped chanting Camila's name, and every passing seconds it grows even more louder.

I jumped right next to her and wrapped my arms around Camila's waist, squeezing her body against mine. She leaned her entire body weight on me, her face on my neck.

"Guys, seriously calm down and let me do my job." James joked and the crowd laugh. "Now let's get over this with, here are your nominees for this year's album of the year." James open the card that he's holding and starts reading as the monologue made for each nominated artists flashed on the screen, "24K Magic; Bruno Mars, The Secret; Austin Mahone, Hollywood's Bleeding; Post Malone, Divide; Ed Sheeran, CAMILA; Camila Cabello." Then the screen flashed back to Corden, "And the GRAMMY goes to..."

There's a painful silence that surrounds both television and to where we are. Camila's gripping tightly on my hand while Normani is basically chilling on her seat.

"Of course it's our girl Camila. Come on, Corden! Give the damn award already so we could start poppin' some champagne."

"And DMac and I already prepared a victory party which I'm so excited!!!" I gushed over the party Dinah and I worked so hard for. I didn't know that when it comes to party ideas and most importantly when Dinah helped, the result is really outstanding. Nevertheless, we really make a good team.

And I know, like one million percent sure that my girlfriend will win this precious award. I mean, come on! We're talking about Camila Cabello. Everybody's so obsessed with her and her album. Everyone loves it and I can't think of a single person not liking it.

"... The Secret; Austin Mahone!"

"CAMZ!!!! I TOLD YOU YOU'LL..." Camila's stoic reaction and the crowds' unbearable silence hits me altogether, "You lost?! Wait, how?!"

I looked at the screen and even James was so confused by the name he just announced that he even checked the card his holding thrice. I squint my eyes with a knitted eyebrows while watching the guy named Austin walked up to the stage in a complete awkward silence.

"FUCK YES, MILA! YOU'VE—Wait, what?!" Normani gasped after seeing Austin up on the stage receiving the award and earning no reaction from the brunette, "Camila didn't win?! HOW?!"

"The GRAMMYs is a total bullshit!"

"Guys, it's okay. Let's just be happy for him. I guess this year is not for me."

"Camila, you were fucking robbed! Look at the crowd, no one's even cheering for him except for his—" Normani's eyes bulged while looking at the screen so I look at it too. And surprise surprise, Roger was up there and the rest of the Camila's team— or should I say her former team, "You and that faggot have the same label?"

Camila nod her head.

And it all clicked to me why she didn't win. It's all because of them. Like some kind of consequences she had to pay for breaching her damn contact with her label. I stare at Roger's annoying face and I wanted to fly wherever the hell that GRAMMYs was being held at just so I could punch his face so hard.

I'm so fucking pissed right now!

"That clowns!" Normani hissed before turning off the tv, "I can't believe they did this! Remind me to punch Roger's face when I see him tomorrow."

"Make it two, one for me."

And then the door suddenly flew wide open, it was Dinah.

"Are you telling me that Camila lost?! My fucking talented Walz lost over some Justin Bieber wanna be dude?! I am so mad!" The Tongan walked towards the tv and wrapped her arms around it.

"Dinah, that tv is expensive. You're the one I'm gonna throw outside this apartment if you ever try to lift a finger on that thing."

"Relax, geez! Can't I have my 'pissed moment' uninterrupted?"

"Not when you're about to break my precious tv. Now get away from it," Normani shoo her girlfriend away like some kind of dog which I find it so funny.

"What if I don't want to?"

Normani raised her right eyebrow, "Are you challenging me, Dinah?"

A seductive smirk creeps on Dinah's lips. "Actually, I want you to make me get off of this thing."

"One," Normani started to count and Dinah remain fearless on her spot.

"Don't just "count" me. Make me."

"Two. And don't make me reach three because I swear to god I will kick you out of this house, Dinah Jane Milika Ilaisaane Hansen Amasio."

"Okay, no, I'm just joking. I'm just joking Mani, I don't want to sleep outside. I'll behave now," Dinah started rambling as she detached herself from the tv like a jolt of thunder.

Camila and I laugh at the current scene playing right in front of us. And I love the fact that Dinah was this strong and vicious gangster who's doesn't fear anyone and ready to beat up someone's ass in any given day. But then when it comes to Normani, boy oh boy, it's a different story.

"How are you feeling, Walz? Are you okay?"

"Honestly, I wasn't really surprised that they did this to me. They were so done with me, so was I. The feeling between us is mutual."

"I made bunch of posters just for you, Walz. I mean, come on! That category was yours. How dare them!" Dinah snuggle Camila to comfort her.

"Guys, it's okay. My freedom to be with someone I truly love matters the most more than that GRAMMY." Camila smiled to assure us that she's fine with it. And I know she's telling the truth but I also know that this could mean everything to her if she ever won that award.

"Mila won that show, and everyone knew that. Like, come on!"

"Dorito boy may have the award physically, but we all know who the real winner is. It's my Walz."

"It's my girlfriend."

"It's my best friend."

Camila ended up shedding a tear as we hugged her altogether. The four of us ended up eating Camila's comfort food which is pizza. After we ate, I carried my girlfriend up to her room so she could take some rest. I gently lay her down to bed and pulled the covers to warm her up.

"Still sick?"

"Still sick." Camila smiled timidly as I place my hand over her forehead. Her fever comes off a little bit but she's still burning up. "And my headache is killing me."

"I'll buy you some meds. I'll be back."

"I'll wait for you."

"No, just take some rest. You need it."

Camila nod her head as she slowly close her eyes, "Be careful, green eyes."

"I will," I leaned in and kiss her forehead, "I love you."

"Forever." She mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

I grab my purse and walked out of the room and headed downstairs. I saw Dinah and Mani facetiming Ally. They were having a conversation about Camila's controversial lost. The three of them are fuming mad that I actually find it so entertaining to watch.

"Guys, I'm heading out. I'm gonna buy some meds for Camila." I told them but they completely ignore me. Aww, how sweet of them! "Okay Lauren, take care! We love you! Bye!" I answered myself before walking out of the apartment.

The pharmacy is only a few blocks away so I didn't take the car and just walk. I passed a couple of restaurants and coffee shop before I finally arrived at my destination. I'm only few steps away when someone called my name.

"Lauren!"

I turn around and it was Mrs. Mendes. She run towards my direction with a huge smile on her face, "I haven't see you in a while. How are you?"

"I'm good, Mrs. Mendes. Thanks for asking though."

"Oh! I have something for you and Clark." She open her bag and look inside when an older and deep voice of a man called her name that snapped her out from looking inside her bag.

"Karen! Fancy meeting you here!" It was a bald guy wearing suit and tie. He's probably around 60 years old, I guess.

"Steve Barnett, hi! I didn't know you were in LA."

"My flight to Chicago is tomorrow. I just accompanied my daughter at the GRAMMYs since she wants me to be her date."

My eyebrows furrowed at the sound of that awful award show. I can't believe a prestigious award show like that can easily be manipulated.

"I see. I bet you and your daughter slays the red carpet."

He laugh for a few seconds, "Totally!" He eyed me for a couple of seconds then back to Mrs. Mendes, "I gotta go. I might be interrupting something here. I'll see you on Monday, Karen."

"Take care, Steve!"

Mrs. Mendes and I watched Steve walked inside the restaurant until he vanishes from our sight.

"I'm so sorry about that," She gave me an apologetic smile, "It's hard sometimes when business caught you at your day off."

"He's your workmate?"

"Well, I'd like to call it business partner. I held half of the share of Capitol Records."

"Capitol Records?"

"Yeah, the music label." She pulled out the box of muffin and hand it over to me, "Please accept this. I made this myself."

I accepted the box of muffin and smiled, "Thank you, Mrs. Mendes."

"You're always welcome. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me." She smiled before walking away.

If you need anything don't hesitate to call me.

"Wait!" I called out. Karen stopped from walking as I run towards her direction, "I... I actually need something."

"What is it?"

"It's..." I feel hesitant if I should tell her about Camila. I don't want to have another part 2 of her circus show with Shawn, but damn the odds of it. "It's about Camila. Her label dropped her."

"Oh," Her mouth fell open, "How is she doing now?"

"She told me she's fine and that everything will work out but it's not fine for me. This is her dream and I hate it seeing her not being able to do the thing she's most passionate about. Can you... can you help her? Please?"

Karen stayed silent for a moment before she answered, "Okay, sure. I'll see what I can do."

I breathed out in relief that she actually considered my request. I know what I asked wasn't easy. Helping us means she's betraying her own son and his husband. I know I can trust Karen. She's a hundred thousand times different from Manuel and Shawn.

"Really?! God, thank you so much!" I can't help myself not to hug her out of happiness. She hug me back and we stayed like that for god knows how long before I pulled away and smile. "I-I'm sorry, I-it's just that I was so happy that you actually considered it."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Mr. Mendes and Shawn."

"Just because they're my family and they don't like you doesn't mean I should too. You're my favorite girl, Lauren."

"Thanks," I smiled cheeckily at her compliment, "That means a lot."

"You're welcome." We exchanged smiles before she turn around and walk away.

"Wait!" I called out again, "Can I at least do something? You know, a little pay back for helping us?"

"Well," She thinks for a moment, "You could pay me back by letting me help you on your wedding proposal, whenever it may be."

I chuckled, "Sure. We'll plan it together."

"I'll count on that, Lauren. And say 'hi' to my grandson for me."

"I will." I smiled and watch Karen disappeared from my sight before I hop to the pharmacy and gather everything I needed.

When I got back home, they were still engage in the same conversation with the same intensity as it was a while ago, and that only made me realized how important Camila is to them.

"Guys, I'm back!" I announced and they ignored me again. "Oh hi, Lauren! Welcome back home! We're so happy that you got back safe! Love ya!"

"Shut the fuck up, Lauser!" Dinah grabbed her empty bottle of water and throw it to me which I quickly dodged.

"Whipped!" I yelled while laughing. I saw Dinah's getting up from her seat so I hurriedly run upstairs and lock the door behind me.

"Camz?" I shake her gently to wake her up. "Camz, I brought you your medicine."

She slowly open her eyes and smile upon seeing me. I help her sit up straight to bed before I hand over her medicine and the glass of warm water. "Thank you, love."

"You're welcome. Go back to sleep after this. I'll be here if you need me."

She nod her head as I help her lay back down to bed. Camila reach for my hand and hug it before she close her eyes and drift back to sleep. I stare at her and she looked so beautiful. She's like a moon. When you looked up at the sky, she'll be the first one you notice. It may not be a perfect circle and flawed but that it'll only make you realized that her imperfection is what makes her perfect and beautiful in her own ways. She doesn't need anyone to shine. She shine alone. And I'm just one of every single person looking up every night just to admire how beautiful the moon is.

How come she's not cast as sleeping beauty?

My eyes travel down to her chest. I love how her chest go rise and fall, slowly. So calm like an ocean. And I swear I could just sit in here all day and watch her sleep and I could find thousand more things to admire about her. I took my time to check her out without her knowing, and my eyes nailed on her left hand, to her ring finger especially.

She's wearing the flower ring I made for her.

"I love you, Lauren" She mumbled underneath her breath followed by a series of loud snore. Despite of that, I still manage to caught on.

I smiled and joke even though she'll not hear it. "Thank god you said the correct name and not incorrect name." I giggled, "And I love you more, Camz." Then I goes back to staring at her lovingly.

I can't imagine what my life would look like without her in it. And I think it's time. I'm ready to do my thing.

***

"What's the S.O.S all about? Did you and Mila argued again?" Ally asked as the three of them sat back down on the couch.

"Wait, I didn't hear any ruckus happening. Plus, Walz is still sick."

"Lauren?" Normani called out with a little worriedness painted on her face.

"No, we didn't fight or anything. We're... we're okay."

"What do you need help for?"

"Actually, I really wanted to talk to you guys about serious stuff."

"About?" Ally asked.

"Camila."

"We're all ears, Lauser."

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves down and collect myself. I didn't know I'll become a walking nervousness until I sat in front of our three best friends who means so much to both Camila and I.

"I know how important Camila is to each and everyone of you. Dinah, she's your Walz, your Chanco, your not blood related sister. You were so obsessed with each other and I swear you two will never get tired of each other. You're always there to make her happy and support her since day 1. You, Normani, you go against all odds and cross beyond lines and boundaries just to protect her from getting hurt. And you, Ally, you always serves as her second mom and guide her every step of the way while her family is living on other state, far away from her. You guys love Camila as much as I love her, so... I'd like to ask for your blessing today. Can I marry her?"

Dinah immediately get back on her feet with her eyes wide open, Normani's looking at me with her jaw dropped, while Ally gasped while covering her mouth using her hands.

"Lauren, did you just asked us for our blessing? How sweet of you!" Ally run up to my direction and pulled me in for a hug, "of course you can! Oh my lord, I'm so happy for you guys!" Ally run up to my direction and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you so much, Ally! That means a lot."

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui!!!! Oh my god!" Next is Mani who hugged me, "You have my blessing, definitely. You earned it and you deserved it."

Mani pulled away and I saw Dinah standing behind her, "Don't hurt my Walz, Lauser. Don't leave her. Promise me."

"I promise."

"Then I'm giving you my blessing."

"You guys, thanks for trusting Camila to me. I promise I will be a good wife to her and a good mother to Clark."

"Speaking of the kid, did you talk about this to him?"

I shook my head, "Not yet, but I will now."

"Good luck, Lauser!"

They gave me a wide smile and a thumbs up which makes me giggled. I headed upstairs and I found Clark beside Camila caressing the brown eyed brunette's head who's currently in deep sleep.

"Hey, superman? Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure mom," Clark hop out of the bed and followed me outside the room. I close the door behind us so Camila won't hear anything about our conversation.

I kneel down so I could levelled to him. I cupped his shoulders and smile, "I just wanna say how proud I am to you, Clark. You don't know how lucky I am and so grateful to have a son like you. I remember the first time we met. You told me you wanted to be like superman because you wanted to protect Camila. And I admire how you always stay brave so she will have someone to lean on to when she's weak. You're always there to take care of her and I admire that about you, son. I swear you're just 5 but you think like an adult. And sometimes you were more smarter and matured than us." I giggled and the brown eyed boy smile. "And...there's this questions that I really mean to ask you. Will you let me be your tag team partner in taking care of mommy and making her happy? Will you let me love you and mommy for the rest of my life? Will you be Clark Zachary Cabello Jauregui and mommy as Karla Camila Cabello Jauregui? Can I marry your mommy? Please say yes, baby."

Clark throw himself to me, wrapping his small little arms around my neck. He burst into tears that he's unable to utter any words which brings me into tears as well. And just like that, we're both a crying mess.

"Is that a yes, son?"

He eagerly nod his head, "Yes, mom! I'd like you to be my tag team partner and be Clark Jauregui!"

I breathed out in relief as I hug him even more tight. I was crying but they were happy tears and my lips exploded in a huuuuuuuuge big smile that my cheeks are aching already. So this is what it feels like to be on top of the world without actually being on top. Like you've just won a million dollar lottery without even playing. And If I'm gonna put into words what I'm feeling right now, happiness will be so underrated. It didn't come close or be sufficient enough to describe the ecstatic feeling I have in my chest right at this very moment.

Now I only need to ask three more people who means the absolute world to my girlfriend and now soon to be my Mrs. Jauregui.

***

Camila's POV

"Camila, hi!"

"Hey," I smiled before pulling Charli for a hug.

"I'm so glad you've made it. I heard you were sick."

"Yeah, for a couple of days but I'm all good now."

"That's great to hear though. Shall we?"

Charli motioned us to sit down on the couch so I did. I roam my eyes around her studio. It was a bit smaller compared to mine but it was cozy and beautiful. No wonder why Charli could easily slip into writing mode without having a sweat. Her studio is great.

"I find it that you're liking the place?"

"Yeah, you have a wonderful studio though."

"Thanks, Cami."

I smiled as my response before I hand over the disc which contains the demo of the song Lauren and I wrote for her upcoming album. "I hope you like it."

"I'm a fan of you, Camila. All of your work never failed amuse me and I bet this one will just add on the list of the things I love about you as a musician."

"You're so sweet. Thank you so much."

"No problem and I mean that." Charli walked over to her computer and put the disc on. She had her headphone over her head as she played the song. I wasn't the one singing on the demo version, It was Lauren. And believe me when I say it took three straight up hours before I convinced her to do this. She told me she will just ruin the song because she "can't sing" which is a very obvious lie. Lauren can sing and I love how it soothes my ears whenever she sings. And she may never know this but she's my lucky charm so I really believe that Charli buying off this song to me is 1000% percent sure.

When the song came to an end, Charli took off her headphones and faced me, "The track's called No Way?"

"Yeah."

"I'm really surprised that you're not the one singing this song. Nevertheless, I love her voice. I think it fits the song more to her than me." She giggled and I smiled like a proud girlfriend I was, "What's her name though?"

"Lauren. Her name's Lauren Jauregui, and she's my girlfriend."

Charli's eyes suddenly bulged, "Girlfriend? But I-I thought you and Shawn...?"

"We were together before and then we broke up then we got back together for, you know, PR."

"I see. I'm happy that you're happy, Camila."

"Thanks."

"I'll take the song. I instantly fell in love with it." She giggled and I smile as we do a handshake.

"Thank you, Charli! It really means a lot to me."

Her manager and I talked for a bit about the payment and the turn over of copyright and credits under Charli's name. Once we're done talking, I bid my goodbye to Charli before heading towards the door.

"Hey, Camila?"

I turn around to face Charli.

"We should do a collab."

I scratch the back of my head, "Uhmm, I'm afraid I can't. I quit— well, I didn't quit I was forced to."

Her jaw dropped at the bomb I just dropped, "What?"

"They dropped me and... no label will accept me anymore, unfortunately."

Her face instantly fell too. I know she feels sorry for me but there's no need for that because I'm at this place where for the first time in my life, I became the happiest person.

"There's nothing to be sad of, really. It's not like I was really being happy with my label. I think the only time I did was when they dropped me. I feel... free to be myself and to be with the person I really love. And for me, that was priceless."

"You were right. Fuck them."

I giggled, "Yeah, fuck them."

I step out of the studio and stare at the sky above me. I silently thanked god for being so good to me. For bringing back Lauren to me and still be able to do my dream— write songs. Though I won't be able to perform in front of people like I used to, I'll still choose this path if that means I'll be able to keep Lauren in my life.

I snap out from my thoughts when I felt my phone vibrate against my pocket. Thinking it was Lauren, I pulled it out from my pocket and answer the call without looking at the caller ID.

"I miss you so much, baby! When will you come back?"

Lauren cleared her throat, "Is this Miss Camila Cabello?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the caller ID with a furrowed eyebrows.

Unknown number. Great.

"Uhm, yes. Who is this?"

"My name's Bridgette Stone and I'm calling from the office of Mr. Steven Barnett from Capitol Records. We would like to invite you over for your contract signing."

My jaw dropped. I don't know if I heard it right or I'm hallucinating. "Excuse me, I'm invited for what again?"

"Contract signing, ma'am." She said sternly, "Both CEO and COO are expecting to meet you today at the office here in Chicago."

I chuckled. My damn label banned from her joining ANY label which include Capitol Records. "I think you're having a mistake. Are you sure it's Camila Cabello?"

"Yes, ma'am. The plane is already waiting for you at the airport. Further questions will be answer through the meeting. Can you confirm that you're accepting the invitation?"

It took a while for me to give my answer since my brain is basically processing everything she just said as well as the words of my former label said a few days ago, "Y-yeah, sure. I'll be there."

"Thanks for confirming, ma'am. Have a safe trip and I'd like to extend my advance congratulations to you and my warm welcome for joining the Capitol Records." And with that regards, the line went off.

I got home thinking about everything. I am happy that a label like Capitol Records is picking me up but my curiosity as to why overweighs everything. I open the front door and I found Dinah and Mani chilling at the living room with a bowl of popcorn in the middle of them.

"Oh, hello to you too Mani and Dinah. I don't remember inviting you two here."

They both giggled, "Yeah, you don't but we did."

I rolled my eyes on Dinah, "I'm flying out to Chicago today."

Both of them flew back to their feet, "What?! Why?! When will you come back?!"

I find them acting weird but I shrugged it, "The CEO and COO of Capitol Records expects me to be there today. And guess what,"

"What?" They asked at the same time with the same intonation— being anxious.

"I was up for a contract signing."

Both of them ended up speechless.

"I know, I had the same reaction too."

"What? How did this happen?" Normani's the first one to break from being speechless while Dinah's still in the process.

"I don't know. I guess I'm about to find out."

"Maybe Shawn?"

"If it was because of him then I will reject it."

"When will you come back though?"

"Could be tonight or tomorrow. Either."

They both sigh in relief. They're really acting so weird right now but then again I ignore it and told them I'm heading upstairs to pack few of my stuff in my bag. Better prepared than never. I stuff one extra shirt in my bag, charger, mints, and my earphones which I can never live without. I glance at my night stand where our family picture is. I know I won't be long but I still put it inside my bag so they can always be with me. I actually miss Lauren. I haven't seen her for two days now since she need to go to Miami for some emergency which she never told me the details I needed about it.

I swing my bag over my shoulder before I headed downstairs. As I walk to my friends, I used my thumb to caress the flower ring my girlfriend made for me.

"I will propose to Lauren when I get back." I blurted the thought out loud causing Dinah and Normani to spit out the popcorn they were chewing.

"WHAT?! NO!!!!!"

I was taken a back by their aggressive reaction. I looked at them with a furrowed eyebrows, "No I can't propose?" I asked confused, "Why?"

And they both started rambling.

"This isn't the right time, Walz!"

"Besides you two just got back together from a break up. Totally not the right time."

"But isn't this the perfect time? I mean, I don't see myself settling down with anyone else other than with Lauren."

"Lauren is not ready." Dinah suddenly blurted out and I saw how Normani elbowed her to the side and give her a 'What the fuck?' kin of look.

"How do you know she's not ready?"

"We— I talked to her before she leaves LA. You know, Mani and I are interrogating her about marriage and she told us that she's not ready to commit herself yet."

"Oh," The only word I manage to say, "I guess I'll have to settle for being a girlfriend then."

"Just for a two days, Walz. Don't worry."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean just for two days?"

"Mila, I think you're already late for your flight," Normani quickly walked over to my direction and wrapped her arms around me, "It's traffic up there so you better leave now."

"Traffic up there?"

Normani chuckled awkwardly, "You already know what I mean,"

I turn to face them as soon as I step foot on the porch, "Are you two hiding something from me? Cause I swear you two are so weird right now."

"Hiding something?" Dinah nervously laugh, "Like what? Like Lauren proposing to you?"

Normani suddenly crack a loud laugh then slap the back of Dinah's head, "Oh my god, Dinah! You're so funny that I wanna kill you right now."

Dinah joined in and laugh painfully as well as she take each of Normani's slap. I watched them with a furrowed eyebrows, completely weirded out.

"I gotta go You guys should get some sleep. It might help." I told them before getting myself a cab and headed to the airport.

The flight going to Chicago lasted for 4 hours. I didn't find it boring since I interact with my fans through IG live. They were so engaging and so funny. They were telling me stories how I helped them through my songs on coming out to their parents or how they deal with mental health which is so flattering to hear that I made a huge impact to their lives in which it leads to changing for good.

Bridgette is the first one to welcomed me as soon as I step inside the building. She gave me a warm welcome and told me her favorite song off of the album is Used to This and I told her that it's my favorite too and my sincere thank you. She led me to the 20th floor which is the office of the executives. She's leading the way until she opened the door at end of the hallway.

"They were waiting for you, ma'am."

"Thank you." I smiled before I step inside. I saw an old bald man in suit sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hand. I assumed he's Steven Barnett. Then I turn my eyes to the person his talking to and my smile immediately died down when I saw who it was.

I should've known.

"Camila Cabello!" He greeted enthusiastically. He get back on his feet and walk towards my direction, offering his hand to me, "Fancy meeting you. Karen told me a lot about you."

I accepted his handshake and smiled timidly, "Really?"

"Yes! Actually I was amazed and totally moved by your talent. And your album? Oof! Golden!"

I turn my eyes to Karen and she's giving me a smile. She stand up and walk towards me, "It's nice seeing you, my dear."

"I'm sorry but I don't think I can accept this. I don't want to sign another contract and force myself to pretend someone I'm not and be in a relationship with someone for the sake of publicity and fame. I'm gay and I have a girlfriend and we all know how this industry works for the "gays" like me."

Karen and Steven chuckled as they look at each other for a bit before returning their eyes on me.

"We know, Camila. And we don't care about the gender of our artists and I think that's the difference between Capitol Records and the other labels out there. We're not gonna forced you to be in a relationship with someone you're not comfortable with. All we care about is you growing as an artist and produce your art for as long as you can."

His words are so good to be true that I almost fall for it, but then I realized that his words are like the forbidden apple and Karen was the snake patiently waiting for me to take a bite. I don't know why she's doing this despite the fact that I broke his son's heart. If I were on her shoes, I will do everything except helping the girl that hurt my son. Karen and Manuel are so overprotective to Shawn. I saw how much they love him since he was their only child. Throughout the two years that we've been together, I saw how strong their bond was especially Shawn and Manuel. He'll go extreme and beyond for the sake of his son. And because of that I know there will always be a hidden agenda as to why she's helping me and that's the reason why I couldn't find myself to trust her.

"I'm sorry."

Steven's face fell after I politely declined his offer. He's about to say something when Karen suddenly butt in.

"Can you leave us for a minute, Mr. Barnett? I'd just like to have a few words with Camila. You know, girl talk."

He nod his head understandingly, "I understand. Call me when you need me."

"Will do."

As soon as the door shut close, Karen began talking.

"This isn't about Shawn. Neither of them know I'm doing this."

"Why are you helping me?"

She'd like to say something but it took her a moment to recompose her sentence in her head, "You're like a daughter to me, Camila. And I wanted to help you. I know you don't trust me especially the way our last conversation ended last month but now I'm begging you. Let me help you. What your label did was totally unfair to your part. No human should be neglected just because they have a different sexual orientation than what they considered a "normal" person's gender identity should be."

I was moved at how Karen talked and I can't help not to point out her similarities with Lauren whenever the green eyed girl talks something she's so sincere and passionate about. They were like a different person embodied with the same brain.

"I will protect you, Camila. Everyone in this label will do. You have my word."

"If you really want me to say yes then give me one concrete reason why you're helping me despite of everything that happened."

And in a heartbeat, Karen answered. "Because of Lauren. I deeply care about her even though she's not my own child. Like I told you, I knew her since she was still a baby. I watched her grow. From being a toddler to teenager to being an amazing woman she is today. I care about the people she loves and she loves you, Camila. And that is why I'm helping you. I hope that's enough reason for you to say yes."

***

Lauren's POV

"Hi Mrs. Cabello and Mr. Cabello!" I greeted them with a smile as soon as the door flew open. I gave them a hug and a peck on their cheeks.

"This is for you, Mrs. Cabello. I heard Daisy's your favorite flower." I hand it over to her while wearing one of my charming smiles.

"Aww, Lauren, you're so sweet. Thank you."

"You looked very beautiful as always. No wonder why Camila's so charming. Wifey got it after you," I giggled.

Sinu's smiling from ear to ear while blushing. I'm about to continue teasing her but then Alejandro cleared his throat.

"Of course, Camila will never exist if it weren't for you, the most handsome man I've ever seen aka the most hottest man alive aka The man Alejandro Cabello." I hand over his favorite Mexican drink making him smile, "I know it's your favorite drink; El Hombre. And the drink really suits you as well, Mr. Cabello. You're like my superhero."

"Thank you for your kind words, Lauren." He gave me a smile that resembles the one his wife gave to me a few minutes ago.

I open my mouth to say something when I saw Sofia coming out from kitchen.

"Hi there, favorite sister-in-law!" I waved my hand happily at her.

Sofi looked towards our direction. As soon as our eyes met, she let out a shy giggled with her cheeks tinted in red, "Hi, Lauren! You looked so good!"

"Thanks. I got you a present." I pulled out the single stem of rose hidden in the back pocket of my jeans and gave it to her.

"You got me a rose?!" She gasped while smelling it.

"Yes, I did. I just wanna show you how special you are to me."

"But why's mama got a whole bunch of flowers and mine's only one?"

"That's the logic, Sof. You're my one and only favorite. Just please don't tell that to your sister. She'll kill me."

She giggled, "Your secret's safe with me, Lo."

"And, uhm, there's a magic trick in that rose."

Sofi raised both of her eyebrows, "Really?"

"Yeah," I nod my head, "Try to open it a bit."

She did what I told her and her eyes bulged, "$200 dollars?! Lauren, you're the best!"

The teenage girl run towards my direction and throw her arms around me. I hug her back while smiling with her parents looking at us in awe.

Sinu and Alejandro step in and led me inside their cozy typical Miami house. The first time I step foot in this house was when Camila went MIA for a couple of days. I wasn't entirely paying much attention around this place so now that everything's all worked out okay, I took my time to look around.

Their living room was filled with picture frames of young Camila and baby Sofia and some of their family pictures, wedding picture of my soon to be in laws— Sinu and Alejandro. They have this black Yamaha piano resting beside the window and some... some very sharp samurai sword that's like ready to chop me into pieces the moment I broke Camila's heart.

"We didn't know you're coming today, Laur. Is Camila with you?" Sinu asked as the familia Cabello occupied the long couch.

I settled myself on the small couch on the left.

"She's in LA. I'm sorry if I came here unannounced. I just... I really need to talk to you guys about something."

"Oh okay. About what?"

"About Camila."

"Wait a minute, darling." Alejandro suddenly get back on his feet. I watched him took the samurai sword before settling back to his seat, his eyes darted straight to mine. "What about my daughter?"

I gulped heavily while eyeing the sword his holding, "I, uhm,"

"You're trying to smitten us and you're doing it perfectly. Come straight to the point, did you come here to apologize because you hurt my daughter again?"

"Alejandro," Sinu put her hand over his knee, "Take it easy. You're making Lauren nervous."

"Better!"

"I agree with mama. Lolo would never hurt Kaki."

I cleared my throat to regain my composure. Her dad is really a no joke man. He's really a scary, "Oh no. No, no, no, I didn't. I..." I took a deep breath, "I didn't hurt Camila or do anything. Actually, we're good. And I'm... I'm nervous."

"Aww, sweetie. Why are you nervous?"

I glance at the piano then back to them, "Can I— can I read you guys something? I wrote it in the paper in case I get tongue tied which I am right at this very moment." I chuckled nervously.

Sinu and Alejandro open their mouth to say something but a squealing Sofi beat them up to it.

"Of course, Lolo!"

I smiled nervously before I pulled out the small box and the paper from my pocket. I placed the ring box in front of them while I'm mentally comforting myself. I took a couple of deep breath before I started reading the words I wrote.

"I'm really nervous right now so please bare with me. I'm still trying to figure out the right words to say. Camila is my everything. She's been here with me since day 1. She became my rock that I could lean on to whenever I needed. She's my number one supporter when no one believes in me. She stayed when everyone leaves. She gave me love when everyone ever gave me was goodbye. Your daughter doesn't shone a light in my most darkest time but she's there holding my hand making sure I won't ever, not even for a single second, feel that I'm alone. That even in bad times, I still have her. And I'm scared to death just to think of what would happen if she ever left. We've done most of our vows so far, so bring on for better or for worse, till death do us part, I can swear in my heart and looked straight in your eyes as I say this: There's no place or anything I would rather be in this world than to with your daughter. Mr. and Mrs. Cabello, right here is the ring for your oldest. I'm not gonna promise you something I know sooner or later I would break. Something like not making her cry, upset, or sad. I am not perfect. Sometimes I get so complicated and stupid and foolish. But... all I could promise you is this— She's the only girl I wanna see walking down the aisle and be the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. She's the only girl I wanna to love for the rest of my life, because I knew the first time I laid my eyes on her, I knew that I'd say "I do" and I've been practicing it for as long as I can remember. So now with all of my heart I am asking you this question: Can I have your daughter's hand? Can I marry your princess and make her my wife?"

"Yes!" They shouted all at the same time, "Yes Lauren, you can!"

I burst into tears as I get back on my feet and hug them tightly.

"Uhm, guys?" I pulled away from the hug, "Can I ask one last favor?"

"Sure, sweetie pie. What is it?"

"Can y'all come with me to LA tomorrow? I want us to be complete in the most special day."

"We'll come. We'll definitely come." Sinu giggled before she started nagging Alejandro to buy her fancy dress for tomorrow which they ended up going.

Sofi and I are the ones left in the house. We decided to cook dinner together while exchanging embarrassing stories about Camila.

"She legit thought I'm masturbating when I'm just fixing a broken pipe in the sink."

Sofi burst out laughing while putting cooking oil on the pan.

"Seriously?"

"Yes! And she's eyeing my dick and my hands! It was so funny."

"And super embarrassing."

"Truth."

"I swear kaki's mentally wishing the floor would swallow her right then and there."

We both crack a loud laugh as we do a high five.

"Kaki's my number one bully when I'm just 6 and I'll spill all the dirt on your wedding day. I'll end your wife, Lo."

"I think you should teamed up with Clark. He's bullying our son too, can you believe that?"

"Shocking!" Sofi pretended to be shocked that we ended up laughing again.

"Do you... like Shawn for your sister? Like, do you like him for her more than me or...?"

"I don't like Shawn."

I gave her a look, "Please don't lie to me, Sofia Cabello. Let's pretend I'm not Lauren and you're just talking to your friend."

"He makes kaki happy so for me he's okay in general. What I don't like about him is the way we don't bond the way we're doing right now. When him and kaki got engaged he just kinda called us over the phone to share the news. He didn't bother coming here to ask our parents for kaki's hand unlike you, and for me that was kind of rude. And that is why I like you for kaki than Shawn."

"He's a good guy though. He loves your sister."

"He hurt kaki. Was that even love?"

"I hurt her too."

Sofi looked at me with a questioning look on her face, "Are we gonna debate on this?"

I shook my head, "All I'm saying is... I don't even know what I'm saying." I chuckled and Sofi just shook her head while smiling.

"Now I know why you and kaki are match made in heaven."

"Hey! What was that even mean?"

She responded with a smirk and I just laugh as we continue cooking dinner. Soon, the parents arrived with bunch of paper bags filled with dresses, make ups, and shoes. Sinu's already discussing what would the theme of the wedding would be and the style of wedding dress Camila should wear on our wedding day while Alejandro's already finding his way to contact his old friends and classmates from high school and college to invite them in the wedding. All of that happened throughout the dinner. And I find it so funny how they were already planning everything when Camila haven't say yes to me.

Once we're done, I put everything to the sink to wash them but then Sinu appeared from behind and told me to just leave them because we have Sofi who'll do the dishes which of course earned an irritated groaned from the younger brunette.

Since they don't have much spare room in the house, I ended up sharing a room with Sofi which I don't have any complaint at all. I retired for the night more earlier than the usual since I'm still jet lagged from my flight. Plus my adrenaline finally came down so now I'm feeling everything.

I headed to Sofi's room and launch myself to bed. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and I was surprise to see 100 text messages and 150 missed calls from Camila. 100 and 150, yeah, you've read that right. And all of her text messages are in caps lock so I know she's super mad at me right now.

I dialed her number through face time and it legit took her 2 rings before she pick it up.

"WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING ANY OF MY CALLS AND TEXT MESSAGES?! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I AM?! I'M SO CLOSE OF BOOKING A FLIGHT TO MIAMI!"

"I'm sorry, baby."

"'I'M SORRY, BABY'? IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT TO SAY?"

"And I love you. I love you so very much and I miss you."

Her angry face slowly softening but Camila kept a straight angry face.

"I'm still mad."

I shower the camera lens of my phone a thousands of kisses before focusing it on my face.

"Did my kisses make it up?"

Camila pouted, "I want to see your face."

"You're looking at it right now."

"No, like in person. I wanna hug you and kiss you and cuddle you."

"Trust me, I want the same thing too. I miss your vanilla scent and the smell of your hair." I giggled, "Shit that was creepy."

Camila crack a small laugh, "It is. When will I see you?"

"I'll be back tomorrow. Is Clark with you?"

"No. I'm in Chicago right now."

"Chicago? What are you doing there?"

A huge smile twitched on her lips, "I signed a contract, Laur. Camila Cabello is back from the dead."

I breathed out and squealed, "Really?! That was— wow, Camz! I am so happy to hear that!"

Thank you so much, Karen. You didn't fail me.

"Aaaand," Camila make a drum roll sound effect, "Charli bought the song we wrote!"

"Fuck!" Camila and I do a high five, "We make a pretty good team though."

"And she liked your voice. I told you you're a good singer. I think you're way more better than I am."

"Hey, don't say that! You're the best singer of all time, believe me. I didn't even stand a chance with you."

"Psh! Liar!"

I chuckled, "And when did I lie to you?"

"Just now."

I gave her a "Are you serious" kind of look, "You've bagged dozens of awards and even won a GRAMMYs though the physical trophy is with someone else, but still. All of those prove you're the best of the best so where's the lie in that?"

"It's because you're not a singer yet. I'm sure if the whole world hears your voice they will surely fall madly In love with you. You're the kind of competitor I would gladly lose over."

I chuckled, "Okay Camila, okay."

"Alright, enough about me. Let's talk about you. How was your day? Have you eat your dinner already? And why are you in Miami again?"

"I'm feeling great, thank you for asking. Today was probably the best day of my life. Well, not like the best but second best. And yes, I've already ate my dinner. And I'm in Miami because of emergency. I told you that already, didn't I?"

"Best? Why best?" Camila squinted her eyes, "Are you— are you in Sofi's room?"

My eyes widen. Should I tell or should I not? If I do, will she get the hint that I'm about to kneel one knee on the ground and ask her to marry me? My brain started racing with thoughts that I only managed to hum as my response.

"Hmm?"

Exactly the door flew open. It was Sofia.

"Lauren—"

I immediately ended the call and turn to Sofia. "I'm talking to Camila."

"Oh," She jump right next to me, "Can I say hi?"

"And I have a problem."

"Oh no that's not good."

"No, not like the bad kind of problem. It's more of like the confused kind of problem."

"Okay?"

"Should I tell her I'm here?"

"Uhm, yes? I think so. Yes."

"Do you think it'll ruin the surprise? I mean, I told her my today is the best day for me and she might get the hint."

"Kaki's dumb."

I choke at my own saliva before I burst out laughing, "Very straight forward kid, I like it."

"I mean, she's smart. Sometimes. Did I say dumb?"

I giggled, "Yes, you did."

And then my phone suddenly rings. It was Camila.

"She's calling! So it's a yes?"

"Yes! Just tell her you've kind of crashed in here for the night."

"Okay, great. Thanks, Sof."

"Welcome, Lo."

I smiled before I answer the call.

"Why did you hang up on me?"

"I did?"

"Yes!"

"My data kinda sucks, so..."

"Are you in Sofi's room?"

"Oh, yes. I kinda crash in here for the night."

Camila nod her head lowly, "Okay. What was your emergency again? You didn't tell me about it, like in full details."

"I, uhm," I scratch the back of my head while thinking what my emergency will be, "I was really craving for some Arepas and Cuban sandwich."

Camila raised her right eyebrow. I know that's the worst lie ever.

"You flew 2,342 miles and sat on the plane for 5 hours and 34 minutes just for Arepas and Cuban Sandwich? Are you being serious right now?"

"Yes," I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm reaaaaaaally craving for it so I must satisfy my stomach and give what it wants."

There's a smirk formed on her face, "Craving? Maybe my fingers impregnate you."

My face goes pale as Sofi and I exchange a very awkward glances on each other.

"Remember how we did it at Dinah and Mani's couch then around the kitchen then to the floor all night?"

"Camz," I called her but Camila uncontrollably spill everything in a complete details and without any pause, "Camz, I'm with—"

"And then you told me how good it feels with my hand wrapped around you because it was warm—"

"Sofia! Oh dear lord, Sofi wanted to say hi!" I tilt the camera to Sofi's direction just to stop Camila from talking.

There's a long awkward pause that surround on both room and on the other line. My face goes red and became even more redder every passing minute.

God! This is so embarrassing!

"H-hey, S-Sofi. H-how are you?"

"I'm good, kaki. You?"

"I-I'm good. Say hi to mom and dad for me, okay?"

Sofi get back on her feet, "Will do, kaki! And oh! I'm happy to know you're having a very great time with Lauren. Couch, kitchen, and the floor, huh?" The younger Latina laugh before she walk towards the door, "Bye, kaki! I miss you!" And with that, Sofi storm off the room.

I tilt the camera back to me and both Camila and I are a blushing mess.

"I hope you do realize that you just spilled our activity in full details to your little sister."

"Why didn't you tell me she's with you?"

"I am trying to tell you but I can't stop you from spilling it continuously!"

"So it's my fault now?!"

"Yes! It's your mouth that goes fast and furious, remember?"

Silence took over us for a moment before we burst out laughing. It was the kind of laugh that was unstoppable and out of control. Our stomach and cheeks hurts but we continue to laugh because it was really epic and embarrassing.

After straight up 10 minutes of laughing, we both came down from our high. My laughter was replaced with a smile while I stare at the brown eyes of the girl I'll be marrying soon. The girl I'll hold in the alter while making a vow in front of her, everyone, and in front of god. The girl I'll be calling 'my wife' soon.

"I forgot to address something."

"Address what?"

"The 10 years question thingy."

"Okay?"

"You asked me where do I see myself in 10 years. I said I don't know, because it's true. I really don't. Life is pretty much unpredictable and that's what makes life exciting and hard at the same time. But if you ask me where my heart will be in 10 years or even 50, I'll surely say 'with you'. I-I just... I just thought you should know."

Camila blushed for the second time and I giggled while watching her trying so hard to hide her reddish face from me.

"Thanks for letting me know though."

"Y-you're welcome." She said almost whispering with a low nod. She looked straight to the camera and smile, "You're welcome." She repeated, more sternly this time.

"I love you, Camz."

"I love you too, Shawn— Lauren. I mean Lauren, damn it!"

I glare at her and Camila laugh loudly.

"Stop! Your laugh sounds so annoying!"

"You're just jealous."

"You're just delusional."

"Just so you know, I wasn't joking when I said Shawn. It was a slip up because I'm thinking about him. Like, all the time."

"Okay. Did I ask?"

She laugh again, "Are you annoyed?"

"No, I'm happy. I'm very happy right now." I responded coldly.

"I love you,"

I'm just looking at her.

"Lauren. Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado, I love you. I love you with all of heart and my lungs and all of my organs."

"And I hate you with all of my heart and my lungs and all of my organs too."

"Ouch, that was painful."

We both giggled, "Good night, Camz. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow, my love of my life. Come see me in my dreams tonight?"

"I'll be there."

We exchange kisses through the screen before the line went off. I quickly sent a text message to Karen saying my thank you to her before I went to bed. I turn around to face the purposely opened window. I like staring at the stars and moon at night. I can't believe I'm proposing to Camila tomorrow. Again. I hope she won't reject it this time because being rejected two times in a row is really painful.

And as I think about Camila, my thoughts brought me to thinking about my parents. Tomorrow is the most special day of my life. Camila's family will be there and I also want mine to be there too. I want them to be there with me at my most happiest day of my life. I want them there to hug me when I burst out crying because she said yes. I want them to be there to congratulate me and help me with everything. I want them to be there to calm me down because I was so nerve wrecking nervous and my knees are shaking. I want them there, with me. My mom and dad. But until now I haven't heard anything from Alvaro Herrera. I don't know if he's still on his out of town trip or he just simply disregard it because my mom told him so. I honestly don't know. But as I close my eyes, the only wish I have in mind is to find them.

***

"Why San Francisco?" Karen asked as we stood at the cliff with the golden bridge standing strong in front of us. The cold wind coming from the west coast keeps hitting us, sending shivers to my whole body.

"This place is special for us. This is like the beginning of everything. This is where I became vulnerable in front of her. This is where I kept all of our good memories. This is where I kissed her and she kissed me back. It was kind of different from the previous kissed we shared before. This place was our safe haven, away from everyone, away from the world. This is where I let myself fall for her completely and she was there to catch me. So... I couldn't think of any other place to get down on one knee in front of the girl I love the most than right here."

Karen smiled like a proud mother, "Camila found a great woman. She's lucky to have you, Lauren."

"It's me. I'm the lucky one because I was loved by someone like her."

"I just want you know how happy I am that I get to do this. Though I didn't expect it to be this soon," She chuckled, "But still. Thanks for letting me do this with you."

I looked at her with an apologetic look, "I'm sorry about Shawn. I'm sorry... in general. I know you wanted to do this for your son. And now— now here you are doing it for your son's mortal enemy."

"I never think of you or see you like that." She said truthfully, "And I don't think I'll be happy doing all of these for him when I know Camila is not happy."

"Thank you for being so kind to me. Sometimes I really can't understand why you're like this to me." I admitted truthfully before I settle my eyes on the west coast.

There's a long pause that surround us. I felt Karen's body tensed up for a bit.

"I care about humans..."

I didn't pay much attention to her answer since my brain went all the way to my parents again.

"I wish my mom's here."

"Would you like me to call Clara?"

I shook my head, "I meant my real mom."

"I could... I could be your mom for today."

I look at her and she's nervous, "I-I mean, if you want me to. And it's okay if you're not fine with it—"

"You'll do that?"

Her nervousness faded as she flash a toothless smile and a firm nod. "Yes."

I return the same gesture to her, "Okay."

By afternoon, everything are all set. We set up tables and chairs for our family and friends. There's a huge monitor in the middle and two speakers beside it for the compilation video that I edited this morning. It was all of our baby pics and videos then our pictures together all throughout the years that we've been together. We also tied a piñata on the old oak tree which Camila needs to hit for the paper that has the golden question to roll down and my cue to get down on one knee and propose.

Around 5:00 pm, everyone's already at the place except for Dinah who's going to pick up Camila at the airport and Karen who attended a quick meeting. Alejandro's wearing a black suit and tie same with Alfred. Sinu's wearing a light pink dress while Sofi's rocking a floral dress, braided hair, and Dr. Martins combat boots.

I breathed out while looking myself in the mirror. I decided to go on my classic look which is black leather jacket and black ripped jeans and a pair of worn out sneakers. I don't know if this appropriate to wear at this very special occasion considering they were all wearing "formal" clothes. Too formal like this day is our wedding day already.

"Laur! Are you fucking that mirror? You've been there for straight up 2 hours!" Normani suddenly barged inside the tent, causing me to almost jump where I'm standing.

"Look at me, Mani." I spun around so she could see me entirely, "Do I look okay? Should I leave my hair like this or should I ask Sofi to braid my hair? Is my outfit appropriate or should I change to dress? Should I wear more makeup—"

"Lauren!" Normani yelled, stopping me from rambling, "For the 344 times, you looked PERFECT. Camila doesn't even care what you wear. Even if you asked her to marry you naked or wearing a trash bag she'll still say yes."

"I'm serious, Normani!"

"I am dead serious, Lauren. I'm so close of slapping you, gurl." She giggled, "Go with what makes you feel comfortable especially you're about to serenade Camila with Jason Derulo's Marry Me which I am so excited. You need some air to breathe."

"And now you remind me of that," I took a sigh as my nervousness grows even more wild, "I'm about to sound like a dying cat."

"And still, for Camila, that would probably be the most heavenly angelic sound she'd ever heard in her whole entire life."

"Wait, did you just confirm that I'm a horrible singer?"

"I did?"

"You just said."

"I mean, aren't we all a horrible singer caused by a certain song that was so hard to sing?"

I giggled and Normani smiled. She step closer to me then placed a hand over my shoulder.

"You got this, Laur."

My heart's beating way too fast inside my chest. It was going wild and crazy, it cannot be tamed no matter what I do. It keeps banging inside my ribcage, it's like it will never stop until it rips my chest wide open. It beats like a ticking bomb with so close of exploding.

"I'm really nervous, Mani. Feel my heart."

She moved her hand towards my chest then she gasped, "How are you still alive?"

I shrugged, "I've got the same question too. What if— what if I collapsed in front of Camila?"

"Don't worry, we'll propose to her in your behalf."

I smiled, "Good to know."

"Now let's go and head outside."

I nod my head and follow Normani's lead where everyone's busy chatting with one another. I walked up to my son who's busy playing with Sofi.

"Hey children! Having a good time?"

"Depends on what you meant by "having a good time", Lolo." Sofi gave me a wink and I ended up blushing incredibly hard.

"Is there a variation of good times, Sof?" Clark asked her curiously.

"Yeah, it was like depends on where you play with your toys, Clark. It could be in the kitchen, couch, or on the floor."

"Did I heard kitchen?" Normani quickly jumped in, giving me a dirty smirk.

"Yes, aunt Mani."

"Do you know that mommy and mom loves playing in the kitchen?"

Clark shook his head innocently, "But it's dirty in the kitchen. Why would they play there?"

Normani and Sofi burst out laughing while I became even more redder. This is all Camila's fault.

I'm about to say something when I felt my phone vibrate against my pocket. I pulled it out and it was unknown number calling. I press the answer button and someone on the other line speak right away.

"Is this Lauren Jauregui?"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"It's Alvaro Herrera."

My heart stopped beating for a moment.

"I know where your mom is. Is there a chance you could come by to the bookstore?"

"I-I can't. I-I'm in a very important meeting."

"I see..."

"But I'm in San Francisco right now. You said... you know where she is?"

"You're in the same place as her then. She's at the Book Museum, the one that she owns. I'll just send you her address and maybe you could come and see her for yourself."

"Okay, thank you." I said breathlessly then the line went off.

I looked at my phone waiting for his text. After a minute, it vibrates from my hand. With a trembling thumb, I open the message and the location of my mom is just a couple of blocks away from here.

"Laur, are you okay? Who was that? You looked pale."

I looked at Mani, unable to say anything. The fact that I got my mom's address and it was just a couple of blocks away swirl a lot of emotions inside me and most of it is fear. Fear that she'll reject me if I come after her.

"Was that Camila? Did something happened?"

I shook my head, "It was my mom. I know where she is."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go and get your mom's ass here!"

"Normani, it wasn't that easy. Plus, I still have work to do."

"Lauren, listen to me. I don't know the whole story, honestly, we both don't. But all I know is that parents knows best. Whatever their reason may be for being absent in your life for 23 years, I know it must be something reasonable. Something that was best for your interest at that time. This is your special day. Are you going to let your mom missed this? To see her daughter propose to the love of her life?"

"What if she don't want to see me?"

"What if she do? What if she was just scared to appear in your life again because she thought you're angry at her? You don't know unless you go there right now and talk to your mom."

"Normani,"

"We're 4 hours early, Lauren. You still have time, and if you still need more we can buy you some. I just want you to be happy, Laur. So go."

I pulled my best friend for a quick hug before running towards the car. How lucky I am to have a best friend like Normani. If it weren't for her words, I don't think I'll get enough courage to jump in this car, drive a few blocks, and face the woman who gave birth to me that I've never seen my entire life.

I pulled my car to the side and hop out. I stare at the high rise white building in front of me. My whole body is shaking and my legs and feet goes completely numb. I had to breathe like a hundred times over and over again just to compose myself altogether. I'm about to meet my mom. It's just a wish last night and now it's here. It's real.

I balled my fists and slip both of my hands inside the pocket of my jeans as I step my foot forward followed by the other one then the other one. I headed to the lobby and asked what floor is Book Museum and I was directed at 27th floor. Smile curved on my lips as I make believe that my mom chose that floor number after my birthday- 27th of June. And I've never pressed an elevator buttons so fast in my life and never in my life I've found elevator ride a hundred thousand times slower. As soon as it makes a 'ding' sound, I immediately hop out even though the elevator door is still in the mid of opening completely. The place was neat and beautiful. It was like an art gallery except it's all books that are all in display.

My mom really loves books and I can't wait to tell her how much I love reading too and that was probably I inherit from her.

I walked up to the receptionist where I was greeted warmly.

"Welcome to Book Museum! How can I help you?"

"Uhm," I paused for a moment just to breathe for a couple of times just to overcome how hard my heart's beating, "I-I am looking for a woman that goes by the name Mrs. KM."

Her eyebrows knitted a bit, "May I know who I'm speaking with?"

"Jillian!" I blurted the name just in case, "And my grandpa is Alvaro Herrera. Does— does that name sounds a bell to you or should I call—"

"Oh! No need for that ma'am. I'm just gonna call Mrs. KM and let her know you're here."

"Okay, thanks."

She picked up the phone and started talking to someone. While waiting, I roam my eyes around the gallery. All the books are safely resting inside the glass and it doesn't even need a painting or a sculpture or anything to make the place pleasing in the eyes because the book itself are already enough. This is the first time I've seen place like this and I'm glad that my first time was owned by my mother.

"Miss Jillian?"

I turn back my gaze to the receptionist.

"Do you mind waiting for a bit? Mrs. KM is still in the meeting. It won't be long though."

"I don't mind waiting."

"Please suit yourself around." She started typing something on her computer but my mind had this so many questions that roaming around the place became the least thing I wanna do right now.

"I'm so sorry for bothering you, but can I ask you something?"

She typed something for a minute before lending her eyes and her attention to me. "Sure."

"All these books... did she wrote it?"

"Yes, and her most notable work was 'Para Mi Preciosa Hija' which translates to 'For My Precious Daughter'."

Tears immediately filled my eyes and I had to clenched my jaw with everything that I got just to keep it from falling down.

"W-why Mrs. KM?"

"She took her pen name after her name."

"Mrs. M!"

My head immediately snapped to where that voice came from. And not so far from me stood a woman I know so very well in her favorite dress she told she'll be wearing for her favorite girl's special day. A young guy in suit runs to her direction and hand over some documents as they chatter for a bit.

Right then and there my world stopped spinning. Suddenly, the thin line between truth and lies disappeared. My tears completely falls down and I can't feel anything.

"Karen Mendes." I said underneath my breath, "That's where she took her pen name from." Then I walked out of the building.

Everything in my world died down. It's like someone blew the candle out and now everything is dark. I barged in my car and cry in my seat that my body started to shake involuntarily at how hard I'm crying. After a moment of feeling nothing, one emotion rises and becomes stronger that I forgot everything else— Anger.

____________________________________

A/N:

Fasten your seatbelts, folks! It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

314K 9.7K 32
Maybe you weren't the one for me, but deep down I wanted you to be. g!p Camila oops
22.1K 616 8
Things are not as bad as they seem... Camila will soon learn that a misunderstanding could lead to something so real she didn't even know she wanted
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
625K 19.8K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...