the eighth || harry potter

By siriusblackisdead

"don't underestimate her, because beginnings don't foresee our ends" a story in which a battered girl meets... More

THE EIGHTH:
prolouge
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELEVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
epilouge
final note.

TWENTY

17.9K 565 730
By siriusblackisdead

HER HEART RACED, her breathing quickened.

It was like Octavia was being brought back to life. Every inch and ounce of her body being woken up. Octavia finally felt alive again. Life coming back into her fingertips. When Octavia was dead she felt the emotions she had. But now it felt like Octavia was living the emotions she had. Everything intensified. Her sadness leaving my family, her happiness about seeing the people Octavia had missed so dearly. Her love for Harry.

Harry. She had to find him.

The door lead her to a large home. Octavia opened her eyes and warmth took over her body. Like a fire was lit inside her.

"Mum! Something just came to the yard!" Octavia heard a yell.

"What happened" Another yell.

Suddenly the door burst open and three wizards burst through the door, wands pointed at her.

Octavia saw the face of Molly Weasley, Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks.

She was completely overwhelmed, tears water-falling from her eyes.

"Is that?" Tonks lowered her wand.

"Octavia" Mrs. Weasley dropped her wand.

"Hi" She whimpered.

"Where were you?" Tonks asked

"How are you alive?"

"The veil, the after life, I was with everyone. My Mum, Dad, Dumbledore, Lily, James and Sirius" Octavia wiped her tears.

"What's one thing only you would know if this was all true?" Remus stepped forward.

"You, James, Sirius and My dad were called the Marauders. You were Moony Remus"

As soon as the last word left her mouth the three adult dropped to the ground on her suffocating me in hugs.

"You're alive" Remus smiled.

"Yep" Octavia shrugged tears falling down her face.

After they were given the okay all of the Weasleys came running out. After hugging them and explaining what happened Octavia only had one question.

"Where's Harry" Octavia grabbed Remus's arm.

His eyes saddened,"We don't know, they were-"

"-I know, I was just hoping he would be... back by now"

Remus looked at her with pity,"Let's just get you inside"

»»-------------¤-------------««

"He's adorable" She cradled the small blue haired baby in her arms.

"Thank you" Remus nodded.

"They miss you" Octavia blurted out,"Sirius especially"

Remus smiled sadly.

"He was little hurt you didn't name Teddy after him though" She laughed while Remus chuckled along.

"I figured I'd save that for you"

"He said you better not die in this battle" Octavia put her hand on his shoulder,"Which for the record i agree with"

"Yeah" He nodded looking at the floor,"If anything happens... I'd like you and Harry to take care of Teddy. Make sure he's happy"

She simply nodded looking at the small baby peacefully sleeping in her arms.

"He was a wreck you know" Remus looked up at her.

"I know" Octavia looked at him,"I s-saw"

"He really loves you Octavia"

"I love him too, it just- took me a while to realize it fully, but I think I've secretly always known."

He nodded.

"I have to see him, before the battle. What if he turns himself over?"

"You'll see him"

"Guys!" Fred came running in,"Its starting"

»»-------------¤-------------««

"You go find him" Remus hugged her.

"You better be alive when I come back" Octavia tightened.

"I promise I will"

And he ran off to find Tonks.

Now it was a time game. Octavia had to find Harry.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Stupfy!" She shouted at death eater stunning them.

Suddenly three death eaters had cornered her. Wands raised as they came closer.

"I though we already killed this one" A masked figure hissed.

"It's takes a hell of a lot for than one of you to kill me" Octavia spat.

"Expelliamus!" A voice yelled behind her, knocking all three death eaters out.

She turned and standing there was the same bushy haired girl she met at the quidditch World Cup all those years ago. She had matured, she was gorgeous. Oh god had she missed her best friend.

"Octavia" She breathed

"Hermione!" Octavia rushed into her arms.

"Oh my god!" She squeezed her, "How are you alive!"

"I'll explain later" Octavia smiled,"It's good to see you"

"I've missed you terribly" Hermione wiped a tear.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere" Octavia assured.

Hermione smiled pulling her into a hug.

"Harry is going to be speechless" Hermione put her hand on Octavia's shoulder.

"Where is he?" Octavia quickly asked.

"I don't know we went to Ravenclaw tower with Luna." She glanced.

And Octavia took off running.

-----

Octavia's heart pounded and her legs felt like they were going to give out. She had to find him. She had to find the boy she loved and fast. Octavia needed that messy haired green eyed boy.

But all around her was death. She saw Hermione hex Fenir Greyback off An already dead Lavender brown. She saw a small boy dead, dead on the ground.

"Octavia?!" A voice called.

She turned around and in front of her was girl. A girl she had known. A third year girl wearing Slytherin robes.

"Bianca" Octavia ran to her,"What are you doing here!"

"I-I wanted to help all the other Slytherins are in the dungeon. I-I thought you were dead" Bianca stammered.

"Come with me" Octavia grabbed her hand.

They ran through the rumbles and residue of the ongoing war. They found a small area where Bianca could hide.

"Here" Octavia pointed,"Hide I'll come back for you"

Octavia turned around and started to run off.

"Octavia don't leave me, I want to help-, I'm not a baby any-!"

A shot of green light flew through the air.

Octavia turned and there on the ground.

Bianca Wellworth. Dead.

"No!" Octavia screamed running over to the small body laying in the ruins.

"You cant be dead! No! You're only 13, no NO!" She cradled her body.

"Octavia!" A screaming voice collapsed next to her.

"Ron" Octavia grasped his arm pulling him into a hug.

"Let's get inside"

Octavia gently picked Bianca up, she deserved to be properly buried and remembered. She made her  way through the castle into the Great Hall with the small girl in her arms. Two boys came running up and gently took her from Octavia, tears pouring from their eyes.

Octavia saw the Weasley family crowded around a small cot.

Fred Weasley. Dead.

Tear filled her eyes as George was screaming bloody murder over his brothers dead body. The boy who she had seen only hours ago alive and well.

Then Octavia looked over.

Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks.

Dead.

That's when she began to sob. She cried like she had never ever cried in her lifetime. She was so over come with sadness it's like the word stopped. The only two left other than Harry. Dead.

"You promised" She whispered to herself "You bastard you promised"

Teddy Lupin, the small baby Octavia had been holding only hours ago was now an orphan. Just like her and Harry. But she was going to make it her personal mission that she would make sure that kid had a family.

"Octavia!" Hermione yelled.

Octavia looked over and she mouthed two words.

"Forbidden Forest"

»»-------------¤-------------««

As she ran through the grounds of what had been her home for the majority of her school life felt surreal. The place that had brought her an escape and place to call home when she lived with her uncle, was now a place where death lingered like the plague. Octavia's family was all dead. Everyone but Harry. And somehow that made her run faster, She had to make sure her last love, last family stayed alive.

She reached the forest. Her brain was going haywire, She had to find Harry. That's all that ran through Octavia's brain. Find Harry.

She heard foot steps in front of her.

"Harry"  Octavia whispered.

In front of her turned around the green eyed boy she had loved for the longest time.

The boy she had met at the quidditch World Cup. The boy who she had called green eyes because she didn't know his name.

The boy who Octavia loved more than anything.

"Octavia?" His eyes softened.

He had been so hurt,she could see the pain rippling off him.

"Harry" Octavia walked forward.

"Are you really here" He ran towards her looking at her like she was a dream.

"I'm right here" She picked up his hand.

"How?"

"You"

"How do I know you're real?" A tear fell down his face.

Octavia picked up his hand and brought it to her cheek.

"I'm here Harry, I'm real"

"But-"

Before he could speak again Octavia crashed her lips to his.

The fireworks inside had been lit. It's like her whole life she had been waiting for this. This moment. This boy.

"I love you Harry James Potter I don't know why it took me so long to realize" She smiled on his lips.

"I have loved you from the moment I saw you Octavia Grace Clarke"

"Now go save the world" She kissed his cheek.

He smiled pushing up his glasses the way he did when Octavia first saw him.

"Tell them I say hi" She winked.

"How did-?" He gave her a half smile.

"I just know," Octavia looked around,"And Remus wherever you are, I forgive you for breaking your promise, but I swear to you I will keep mine."

And she swore she felt a hand on her shoulder. Somehow after all the death Octavia had witnessed, that almost non existent touch gave her hope. Hope that no one else will have to die at the hand of Voldemort. Hope children will live to see their parents and likewise.

"Go" She breathed to Harry. It took all of her to let him go. Go to a place where he very well could die. But she did. Octavia did it for the hope, the hope so many people had lost.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Octavia walked back to the castle, her body was tense and ready to snap. She had pushed every limit of herself emotionally and physically.

The emotional toll increased when she walked back into the Great Hall. Octavia saw sobbing families and orphaned children, childless parents.

It made her wonder how she got so lucky as to be able to come back. Octavia couldn't help but feel guilty.

She found Hermione, Ron and the Weasley family. They all just sat and cried. Hermione hugged her for a long time, talking about how she couldn't live with out her only girl best friend. Octavia had missed her more than words. But she was strong and she survived.

"It's good to have you back Miss Clarke" McGonagall smiled at her.

"It's good to be back Minnie" Octavia winked.

"So I see its true, you did see them" Octavia could have sworn she saw a wink but Octavia just nodded and smiled.

"Potters back!" Someone yelled and immediately Octavia was on her feet.

Minnie quickly grabbed her hand, which was unexpected but she gladly took in. Everyone in the Great Hall rushed out to the now destroyed courtyard.

There standing was Voldemort and his army. And just over the bodies I she pushing through, Octavia could see Hagrid. And in his arms...

Harry.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Smirked Voldemort, his voice radiating venom and his red eyes cutting through the crowd.

"No" Octavia whispered. She found her grip on Minnie's hand tighten.

Octavia began to push through the crowd making her way to the front.

"Move! Move!" Octavia shouted.

Voldemort had begun asking people to join when Neville stepped out. He was saying something but Octavia couldn't make it out. Her head was ringing and all she could think about was Harry.

"Where did he go?"

Her head snapped up. Green eyes wasn't in Hagrids arms.

A wave of relief washed over her. She felt Minnie's hand relax. 

"Confrigo!" Harry shouted.

The final battle between good and evil had begun.

People rushed inside but all Octavia could do was stand there.

Hermione eventually grabbed her arm and practically carried her inside.

"She hasn't said a word" Hermione whispered to Ron.

"Well her... boy- whatever he is to her is out there. What did you expect?"

"Panic, crying?" Hermione shrugged.

"Your best friend is out there, not just my boy whatever" Octavia mumbled.

Ron solemnly nodded,"We know"

"Trying not to think about it" Hermione shuddered.

Then suddenly without warning Octavia just couldn't stay in the hall any longer. She ran out and watched what unfolded before her.

The final spell was shot and Voldemort was dead. He fell to the ground, cold. Dying the way of a regular man.

Octavia saw Harry collapse in exhaustion.

It's all over.

The boy who lived. Green eyes. The boy she loved. Had finished it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 44.2K 104
Y/n Riddle. Daughter of the Dark Lord. However, nobody knows. Well, until sixth year when she gets paired up with a new Death Eater, Draco Malfoy. ...
684K 26.4K 47
Disclaimer: I wrote this many years ago, but the series improves throughout. β€’ Magic tumbled from her pretty lips and when she spoke the language of...
2.3M 73.1K 101
"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."― Nicole Krauss, "Th...
7.9K 637 34
**COMPLETED** Cover made by @siriusblackisgreat ⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️: All original characters owned by J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own is the plot. Set...