Overtime

By OfficialNateDavis

Nate is a senior in college who plans to continue his dream to the NFL alongside his LSU teammates Jarvis and... More

[One]
[Three]
[Four]
[Five]
[Six]
[Seven]
[Eight]
[Nine]
{Ten}
{Eleven}
{Twelve}
{Thirteen}
{Fourteen}
{Fifteen}

[Two]

63 2 0
By OfficialNateDavis

The Next Morning

*Alarm goes off*

I turned my alarm off of my phone. "5:00" it read. I looked over at O who was still asleep.

"Bro, get up, we got practice in 30 minutes" I said. He didn't budge.  "Lord not today" I said to myself.  I threw one of my slides at him. "Man get up, we got practice" I said louder. This time he moved.

I got up, went to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine before throwing on some grey joggers and a black hoodie. "Call and make sure Jarvis up" I said getting my other slide from the side of my bed.

"I already did, he gon meet us downstairs in the main hall" he replied.

Downstairs

"Did you text that girl from last night?" Jarvis asked. I honestly thought that was a dream not remembering who he was talking about.

"Oh you mean Arielle? Nah not yet. " I said pulling out my phone.

"Text her while we walk to the locker room. Send her a cute good morning message " he said laughing.

"Man shut up" I said typing in the number she gave me and texting it.

We made our way to the locker room and got ready for practice. "Here's your jersey Davis" Coach Miles threw to me. "Welcome to the team son" he said before walking off

He gave me #22 with DAVIS stitched on the back. "Number 22 huh, I see you bro" Odell said putting on his #3 jersey. Jarvis came over with his #80 jersey. "Just like my big bro" he said holding up his jersey.

During Practice

The first team was on the field. So I was on the side with all the other backups getting water.

"Different than Ohio State huh?" our Linebacker Duke Riley said to me.

"Yea way different. Practice seems like games here." I said

"Welcome to the SEC bro" he said laughing and hitting me on my back.

Im so used to being on the field as soon as practice starts. I've always been a first teamer never a back up. So that really messed me up and little but only made me want it more.

Whistle Blows

"Alright Second Team on. First team off!" Coach Miles Barked.

I lined up guarding Kevin Boone who was way taller than me. Quarter back saw the disadvantage right away and called a hot route for him.

He snapped the ball, I began back pedaling as the quarter back threw a fade to the back of the end zone. I had a little nervousness inside but I brushed it off, jumped up in front of Boone and took the interception back to the house.

As I was running, I seen Odell and Jarvis shouting at me from the side line acting stupid.

After Practice

"Man first play Pic 6" Odell said to me getting dressed.

"Being a shorter DB, I HAVE to work on jumping ability. " I said shrugging.

"Well it's working out for you. You'll be starting no time doe man." Odell guaranteed.

I finished getting dressed and headed back to the dorm with Odell and Jarvis.

Arielle and I have been texting ever since practice ended. Getting to know each other a little bit.

"Just go on a date with her damn" Jarvis said to me as I was all in my phone. Odell laughed but agreed while eating a sandwich.

"Man I got this" I said laughing.

"Nope ya don't Lil bro" Odell said grabbing my phone and calling her.

"Dawg what the hell you doing? " I got up to get my phone but Jarvis tackled me.

"Y'all mother fuckers childish" I said laughing and not even fighting anymore.

"Hi Arielle! It's Odell. Why do I have Nate's phone? Well he's kind of tackled right now with some other issues but he would love to take you out later on. You're free at 6:00pm? Alright he'll be there. Just send him the addy. Alright you have a BLESSED day" he said hanging up and smiling.
"There you go man, be there at 6 sharp. Oh and she hates seafood.

"I do too so that's good" I said.

Odell and Jarvis paused and looked at me.

"Negro you in Louisiana, you gon eat seafood" Jarvis said.

"Aw hell nah, we got yo ass one day" Odell said with a shocked look. God damn Ohio people.

"I'm from Virginia doe" I said laughing.

"THATS EVEN WORSE, THEY HAVE HELLA CRAB LEGS THERE!!!!!" Odell said even more surprised.

Few Hours Later at 5:30

"Alright I'm about to leave y'all." I said.

"Yea yea have fun Jarvis said eyes glued on the screen playing madden against Odell.

I just laughed and put my shoes on and left out the door to my car.

My phone connected to the Bluetooth and I starting playing music. Roy Woods- 4 seasons

About 10 mins later I pulled in front of a dorm in Southern University.

Arielle noticed me and began walking to the car.

"Hey beautiful" I said getting out of the car to open the door for her"

"Aww hey" she said. "You look nice" she said eyeing me.

"Thanks ma, I was gonna tell you the same. " I replied smiling

At Diner

"Tell me about you Nathaniel" Arielle said sipping on her drink.

I laughed. "Well I'm a football player. I attend LSU. I'm from Virginia. . . "

" Wait what part I'm From VA too!?!" She said becoming excited.

"Petersburg, outside of Richmond" I replied laughing.

"Same place as Trey Songz and Frank Mason huh" she said smiling. She knows about her state.

"Yes ma'am, where are you from?" I asked becoming Curious

"I'm from Hampton, Born and Raised."

The rest of the night went great. Getting to know each other. I can say I was really digging her but still going to let things play out.

"Thanks for the night out Nate, I really needed it, plus I had so much fun. We should do this often" she said with a huge smile.

"It was my pleasure Ari, I had fun too." I said looking into her eyes.

It grew silent just standing there in front of the car at her dorm. She started leaning in slowly and next thing I knew, we were kissing. She pulled away still looking at me and smiling.

"Goodnight Nate" she said.

"Goodnight Ari" I said before turning to get back in the car.

😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 2.4K 17
High school is over, the guys have all went their separate ways, but still keep in contact with each other. Noah and Addison are making it work long...
280K 4.5K 24
Meet Arianna Bode, she's sweet, nice, caring and maybe everything he wanted.... Meet Nate Williams, the once legendary player but now totally whipped...
28.4K 2K 12
A beloved football player must find his anonymous hater to clear his name. ⋆☆⋆ Jake Tanner is a lover, not a fighter. Attractive, charming and popula...
19.6K 572 21
She's a tomboy far from the type he usually goes for considering he's a football star and part of a football legacy. But that all changes when the t...