Walk Away h.s punk/au

By fangirl-13

"I don't know why she's with me, I only brought her trouble since the day she met me." ... More

Walk Away *Harry Styles Punk*
Prologue
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20
Chapter Twenty-One
Authors Note
WE HAVE A MIX!!!!!!!
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
30.
31.
32
33.
34.
35.
36.
Epilogue
Sequel

3.

19K 361 75
By fangirl-13

Harry's P.O.V.

Katherine slowly walked toward me like a cautious animal. I outstretched my hand showing her I meant no harm. I'd done enough damage yesterday, the last thing I wanted to do was cause more. I noticed the key she had stuck between her fingers-she was afraid. She slowly sat down in the passanger seat. I sighed grateful I'd gotten this far.

"Why are you doing this?" she spat. Or at least she tried to.

"To apologize. For yesterday." I confessed putting the car in reverse.

We'd turned out of her driveway before she spoke again. "Don't. You probably had a lot going on." she mumbled staring out of her window.

I didn't have a lot going on though. The truth, I was a dark monster who didn't have a heart to let anyone in. I'd gone home last night to be met with a stone faced Liam. I knew what was going to happen. He'd heard what I'd done.

"Harry." he said with a small sigh of disappointment. Always the small sigh. He'd never say, ' You're a disappointment.' but he'd sigh.

"Listen: she tried to get in. I don't want her in." I growled walking up the stairs. He sighed again. That damn sigh.

"Harry, I get it, okay?"

I snapped around to face him. "No, no you don't." He didn't, and he never would.

"Have you ever thought, maybe she would?"

Of course I hadn't. How could she? Katherine was good. Everything about her oozed two parents, middle class, perfect family that spent Sundays on their back porch. Shaking my head I retreated to my room. The anger that had taken to staying inside me swam through me. I laid on my bed, arching my back to pop it.

Staring at my ceiling, I saw Katherine, I had been harsh. After all, she was just doing what her perfect family had raised her to do. Turning my head to the side, I stared at the picture frame of my parents. One of my dad, the other of Mum and Robin. How wrong  everything had gone.

"Mum, I'm sorry." I whimpered ready to give up.

Somewhere in my mind I heard her say it, my mothers soft voice. "I'm not the one to apologize to."  It was my turn to sigh, knowing she's right.

I gripped the steering wheel to keep from crying. Today had been one of the bad days. One of the days that I missed them the most. Despite this, Liam pushed me out the door.

"And, I'm sorry too. You probably weren't having a good day, and I should've just left you alone. That's really out of character for me." I hadn't even realized that Katherine had been talking.

Scoffing, I waved a hand dismissively. "You're real bad at going off on people."

"Yeah well, you were frustrating me." she shyly looked over at me as she said this.

Offering a small smile, I felt proud. I made her frustrated, something that she hadn't felt before. She looked away her bronze curls forming a wall between us. I watched her for a second sensing the she was about to ask a question.

She turned around to face me, "How'd you know where I live?" It was a demand that came up short at being threatening.

"It's a small town." I muttered turning on the radio. This socializing thing was hard. I couldn't handle much of this.

"Oh."  I caught her chewing on her lip. "Well, why'd you apologize?" it was blunt, and a good question.

I pondered this for a second as we pulled into my parking spot. "You didn't deserve it. My mum,"  I trailed off choking up. God what is with me? I thought.

"Hey, you stay here. I'll go tell Mr. James where you are." she offered softly. Her hand lightly stroked my shoulder, just enough to comfort.

As she got out of the car, I grabbed ahold of her petite wrist. My hand could wrap all the way around her wrist and overlapped. "It could be where we are, if you like." I mumbled feeling warm by her touch.

Her brown eyes light up, revealing glints of gold. It suited her, I reasoned as she walked away. Her puppy eyes always had a glint of something, something deeper. The gold specks were like confetti, they caused a rush of happiness. The faint smell of roses hung in my car.

At least with her scent Liam wouldn't ask what was up. Any time my car smelt of perfume, there was an instant "What are you doing?" Which the first time he asked, I was young and immature and found hilarious.

I watched Katherine cross the parking lot spreading sunshine on the already sunny day. She reminded me of a 60's child in her faded jeans and Grateful Dead t-shirt. She bounded into my car, settling in more quickly this time. The beginnings of a smile tugged on my face, replacing the dry tears I'd been silently crying.

"You're going to have to help me, I'm new to this girlfriend thing." I said, regretting it instantly. It just slipped and I had no idea why I decided to say it.

Her fair cheeks tinted pink slightly but she overlooked it to which I was thankful. "We're not that different from boys, really. Except for, " she trailed off probably thinking of the polite way to put it.

"Peaks and valleys." I offered deciding on taking her to the bakery.

"Yeah, that." she said with a laugh. She had a nice laugh, it suited her. "We show emotions too."

"That's what divides us. If I were to say what I feel, the honest truth, my friends would send me away." I said knowing it wasn't true. I just wanted to say it, test the waters.

She sighed, it was barely audible, but was there. Her eyes, which I'd taken to staring at, flashed a quick something. "I know what you mean. Honestly." Her head rolled against the window as she turned her body to face me. "This is a nice car." she commented.

Typical girl thing. That's what Louis would say. They'd something that could clue you in on what's going on, then they'd change it.  So Liam was right, there was something to her. Maybe she did understand.

"What year is it? A '64?" she asked.

"Yeah! How'd you know?" she smiled at me,

"I got a thing for vintage things."

Leaning back in my seat slightly, I turned the radio up louder, content. I guess I could get used to this 'friend' thing if everyone was like Katherine.

The bakery was a second or third home to me. I spent as much time there as I had at home, and now at Liam's. Walking in, the charming little 'ding' of the bell forced a full smile on my face. There was a muted greeting from Barbara in the back.

"Hey!" I called out.

"Harry!" she shouted running out to hug me. Her squat figure wrapped me up. "What are you doing here? It's your day off!" Releasing her, she could see behind me. She could see Katherine. "Whose this?"

"Um, this is Katherine Sweeny, a friend." the introduction rolled off my tongue.

"Hello darling." Barbara ran to Katherine who didn't question the hug.

"Hi." she greeted in return.

"Well now," Barbara took a step back placing her hands on her hips, "why aren't the two of you in school?" I knew if I told her, she wouldn't believe me despite her love for me.

"Our teacher gave us the hour off, and well, I haven't had breakfast. Harry's always talking about how sweet of a place this is."

I felt a swell of pride in Katherine. I'd been friends with her for half an hour and she was already lying for me. I could be a good bad influence.

"Well, let me get you something and some tea. What do you take in it?" Barbara disappeared into the back room to put on a kettle while I disappeared behind  the counter.

Katherine stared at me for a second before joining me. Her shoulder brushed my arm gently as she poked around at the case. "This is fun."

"Yeah? Tomorrow I could take you someplace else I'm comfortable with." Her eyebrows raised in excitement.

"Sure! Where?" she asked gripping my bicep. It felt emasculating to have her hanging on my arm.

"It's a surprise." I said smiling at her.

I didn't know how to take she would fit in at the parlor, but I would do my best to clean up Louis's mess. If only to make a good impression.

a/n: this picture though, why did I decide to do this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 912 6
Let's face it. The majority of stories on Wattpad are the same and it's not just the plots but practically everything. The same characters, the same...
195K 4.8K 30
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.1K 66 12
(Finished) Daniel is in love. But with the wrong person. Will his darkest secrets be revealed just because of a dare?
2.7K 77 16
Jenna is cute, shy, small, and intelligent. Very intelligent for a 5 year old. She may be young and shy but she is a force to be reckoned with. She b...