A Tale About A: Forgotten Pri...

By ImaginationsRuns

This story is an ongoing of A Tale About A: Forgotten Princess part 1. // "What if I tell you, you're a G... More

Chapter 1: Hunting
Chapter 2: Birthday Present
Chapter 3: An offer
Chapter 4: Vow
Chapter 5: New Beginning
Chapter 6: The Child Prince
Chapter 7: First
Chapter 8: Ritual Practice
Chapter 9: Misunderstood
Chapter 10: The Exchange
Chapter 11: The golden ring
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Princess Yue-Hwa Yeon
Chapter 14: Birthday Celebration/First Meeting
Chapter 15: The Artist
Chapter 16: A New Side
Chapter 17: Blood
Chapter 18: Rabbit Promise
Chapter 19: Dispute
Chapter 20: Night Attack
Chapter 22: Accusation
Chapter 23: The One Man
Chapter 24: Investigation
Chapter 25: Secret Plan
Chapter 26: Bad Blood
Chapter 27: Battle
Chapter 28
Chapter 29: One heart
Chapter 30: Plan
Chapter 31: Water
Chapter 32: An old friend
Chapter 33: On fire
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Last Chapter

Chapter 21: Gone/Wedding

1.9K 47 3
By ImaginationsRuns

Prince Wang So raised his sword and aimed towards me. I quickly defended myself by reaching for the candlestick by the side and blocking the attack. Flames flew towards the prince as his sword slashes the candles in to half, causing it to fall on to the ground with an extinguished flame. 

"How dare you!" 

Prince Wang So dismisses the shock off his face and attempted to attack once again. I blocked the attack with the candlestick as I tried to escape from the room.

"You're a threat to the King." He mumbled as he continued to strike.

"If I'm a threat, why wouldn't you kill me already? Why are you hesitating with your attacks?! Are you mocking me because I'm from a lowly life?!" I shouted as I charged myself towards the prince.

However, he simply stood stationery on his spot as his eyes stared in to mine.

"Don't give me that sympathetic look of yours. I'm not someone you can pity on." I declared silently as I stared fiercely in the eyes of the prince. 

Prince Wang So grabbed the candlestick off from my hands and threw it far away which I wouldn't be able to reach, putting me in an disadvantage. "You may stop now." He lowered his sword and turned away from me as he left the room; leaving me speechless and useless as I stood rooted to the ground stunned.

//

Throughout the entire night, I was ashamed of my inability for not executing the plan well. Not only have I failed my mission, I failed to revenge as well. But I have only myself to blame. If only I am not born of a royal blood. If only my mother remained as a commoner.

As the sun rises, I returned to my mother's chamber with a disheartened heart. My feet felt heavy as the distance got shorter. 

How am I going to face mother now?

Sobbing could be heard from the corridor and my heart thumped for the worst. I rushed over to the servant by the door and questioned impatiently.

"What happened?!" 

The servant was gasping for breath as tears trickled down her face. "Court Lady...Court Lady Oh..." She sobbed uncontrollably as she struggled to get the words out. Unable to keep calm, I entered the room to find a crowd of servants by the bed, bawling their eyes out.

"Mother!" I cried out as I got closer. I pushed the servant aside as I stared at the pale face of mother's. It was not the type of pale when you're sick, it was the type of pale...when someone was gone.

"Omma..." My vision blurred with tears as my shaking hands reaches out timidly to touch her face. 

It was cold. She was motionless. 

"Om..." I gulped as my tears fell on to her face, my face scrunched up in pain as I couldn't believe what I was feeling and seeing. "M...Mianhae...Mianhae..." I managed to apologised as I caressed her face.

Unable to withstand it any longer, I buried myself in to her chest and I cried my heart out.

//

The news of mother's death soon spread and a funeral was held with only a few close ones to attend. We buried her beside father's burial and started the ritual to send her off freely. Aunt Yuri and a few other servants wailed sadly as the workers shovelled sand in to the hole.

"Soo Yeon ah...!!!" Aunt Yuri squalled. 

"A-Yeon ah..." Prince Baek Ah cuddled me in to his chest for comfort. "Don't hold it in. You can let everything out." He patted my back gently as I cried in his arms.

Even at the last moment, King Tae Jo was unable to send you off. How miserable are you, mother.

I prayed silently in my heart for mother and father to reunite in the heavens, to be happy and free. 

Now no one will ever disturb you again.

//

The funeral ended as if it'd never happened. Somehow Queen Yoo was set free, so as Prince Wang Yo. I was alone and forgotten in the palace, my life slightly a little too peaceful as the drama had finally toned down.

Everyday I'm just dazing and wasting my life off as I stared in to nothingness. I have no goals or any motivation to make goals as well. I just want to live quickly so that I can end it fast.

"Princess Hwa Yeon, tomorrow will be Prince Wang Eun's wedding ceremony. Do you want to choose a dress from collection?" MiRa suggested in an attempted cheery voice.

Already?

I smirked at the notification and mumbled, "Wedding?" 

"Yes. Come on Princess Hwa Yeon, let's go and pick an outfit for you. It's better than sitting down doing nothing." MiRa convinced and I gave in to her suggestions. 

It's not like I have any strength to fight back anymore. Who am I to fight for?

The wedding day arrived and everybody was gathered at the grand hall, awaiting for Prince Wang Eun and Soon Deok to have their ceremony. I stared emotionlessly throughout the entire ritual while everybody had happy faces on.

It's time like this I truly felt I don't belong here.

"Congratulations Prince Wang Eun! I am wishing you a blessed marriage!" One of the minister congratulated but Prince Wang Eun only gave an unenthusiastic smile. His eyes located mine and it was sad.

Please don't give me a sympathetic look. I don't deserve it.

My heart sunk at their exchange as I silently wished I wasn't here to witness the ceremony. It was all too heartbreaking for me to accept the fact that my close ones had left me one by one. 

As the night arrived, it was time for the couple to have their first night. Yet, I was by my garden facing Prince Wang Eun as he wore the groom's outfit. 

"A-Yeon ah." 

"Congratulations on getting married." I interrupted him as I quickly wishes. 

"I'm sorry for your mother's death. I really wanted to attend but I have to prepare for my marriage as well." He said sadly.

"It's fine. You should hurry to your room. Your wife is waiting for you." I gave a fake smile and hurried to turn away, to return to my room. 

"Wait." He reached for my hands to stop me, as if he still had more to say. 

"Prince Wang Eun." I said as I controlled myself from pouring in front of him. "You are now a married man. You shouldn't easily just touch another girl like that." I felt devastated as reality struck me. 

I am in love with Prince Wang Eun. 

But it was too late. We were not meant for each other in the first place. He was a born a golden spoon, and I could never have that destiny. It's really officially goodbye. 

"O-oh..." He sounded flustered as he let go of my hand. 

Why are you so simple?

"Enjoy your night." I forced myself to say for the last time and walked away from him. Afraid and refusing to let him see my crying state. He shouldn't be feeling sad for me anymore; he belongs to someone else now. 

The next day, Aunt Yuri came to find me in my chamber. She had brought along Hae Soo as well. Hae Soo was close to my mother and was now in place of her position to take care of Damiwon Palace. 

"A-Yeon ah." Aunt Yuri called. "Will you wish to stay in Damiwon Palace with us now?" She smiled as she held my hands. 

"I believe it's time to start afresh." Hae Soo added on with a warm smile. 

"I..." I wasn't sure what to say. Will me living in Damiwon Palace be better than staying here?

"I can teach you tea making if you wish to learn. It's much better than staying alone here." Hae Soo suggested. "Court Lady Oh had taught me lots of skills to brew the best tea in the world. I think you can learn some too." 

"I agree, A-Yeon. Come with us. We will take care of you from now on." Aunt Yuri encouraged and I nodded.

//

Within a few months, Goryeo fell in to chaos as King Tae Jo passed away due to an illness. The Crown Prince was to take over the throne however, Queen Yoo's side was unhappy about the inheritance. She had been trying to harm the crown prince so that Prince Wang Yo could be King. 

Such sudden overbearing of responsibilities and less support in the palace was not helping the crown prince. He became really unlucky as stress piled up within him, causing him to hallucinate about ghost haunting in his sleep. 

Hae Soo sighed as she prepared the tea for the King. "I don't have much hope but I wished the King would sleep peacefully tonight."

Hae Soo was in charge of brewing tea for the King every night however, it doesn't seem to help as the King refuses to drink.  

"The fight over the throne just doesn't seemed to stop." I replied as I passed her a flower to crush in the mortar.

"Right...It's best we don't get too involved. You have just gone through so much it wouldn't be good to be entangled in to the drama again." Hae Soo skilfully finishes the pot of tea and left to serve the King.

That night, it was told that the King slept soundly after consuming the tea and we felt relieved for the first time.

"I guess our hard work paid off!" Hae Soo grinned brightly upon returning and I felt happy for her.

Only, the happiness was for a while.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, super long update I know. Sorry! I didn't have any inspiration after the last chapter. This chapter is very sad with the passing of Court Lady Oh and King Tae Jo. And A-Yeon finally left Prince Wang Eun :( I wanted to write a love story of a princess with Prince Wang Eun but somehow it ended up like that LOL! Oops. Hopefully for the next few chapters I could possibly bring in some romance again which I doubt would be sad considering it came to this...Don't hate me!! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 7.7K 35
[COMPLETED ; NOT EDITED] * Solely a fanfic based on the Korean drama Scarlet Heart : Ryeo * (admit it, we all want a sequel for it right ) Go Ha Jin...
221K 6K 37
//This is a fanfic on Scarlet Heart, it may or may not be following the plot// Everyone knows Hae Soo (Go Ha Jin), the best friend of almost all the...
65.3K 2.7K 60
그댈 사랑하는건 참 아픈일이야 (Loving you is really heart breaking) What could possibly happen to a girl who time traveled to Goryeo? Knowing she has a brother wh...
730 6 6
This story was inspire by Scarlet Heart Ryeo Kdrama(Korean Drama)