Searching For The Light: BTOB...

Von heymello

Lee Changsub ends his military service being a completely different person from when he enlisted. That guy is... Mehr

INTRO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (finale)
Playlist
Happy 1 Year!
50,000 READS! 🎉

Chapter 13

2.3K 113 12
Von heymello

Chapter 13 / Surprise
Chorong's POV

The alcohol has kicked in and I feel really, really dizzy and sleepy but I cannot stop thinking about Lee Changsubㅡand while I do that, my heart keeps on beating so loud as if blood was pumping through my ears. It was so fast that I felt breathless. Isn't that crazy?

He left my place about twenty minutes ago. He changed into his dried up clothes and Sungjae picked him up. But even after he left, he's still all over me.

I can't believe I spent a perfect day with someone called Lee Changsub. Lee Changsub. Lee Changsubㅡgosh. What is he doing to me? I am way past the age in which I should be feeling like a teenager with a newly found crush.

I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. I'm afraid he makes me forget about everything else when we're together.

Today, I learned a lot about him as much as he learned things about me. The game Truth or Drink wasn't really difficult because both of us opened up to each other.

Changsub's dad passed away when they were still kids. His mom passed away while he was in the army. It's so sad. So, so sad that I wanted to hug him the way he did to me earlier. Instead I just told him, "Whatever happens, please don't lose hope and be strong. Life is full of possibilities. Years from now, you could be having your song all over the radio and when that day comes, know that your parents would be so, so proud of youㅡnot only because you achieved your dream, but also because you held on through thick and thin."

He had smiled at me, and looked at me so lovingly that it brought warmth to my cheeks. Could it really be possible that he would feel that way to me? No, it's just way too fast. Our worlds revolved too fast. It's just like yesterday, we were both in love with someone else. And what about Jinyoung? Am I really over him?

I hugged my soft pillow tight and smiled with my eyes closed. Yes, maybe I'm really over him.

It's so strange to spend so much time praying for him to come back to me and then one day, I just stop.

I fell asleep that night, thinking how scary it is that love could fade away anytime.

#

Changsub's POV

"Oppa, tell me the truth. What do you think of Park Chorong?" Bomi asked while we were having breakfast. She served me a hot coffee.

I blinked my eyes. Am I fully awake now? My head is aching. I should really stop drinking a lotㅡbut Truth or Drink was fun last night. A smile crept on my face. Bomi gasped at this, thinking it's the answer to her question so I said, "What were you saying?"

"I asked what do you think about Park Chorong?"

I frowned. "Oh, by the way, why didn't you tell me you work in her shop?"

"Because you didn't ask."

"Do I have to ask? You used to tell me a lot about what's going on with you."

She rolled her eyes. "So are you the only one who's allowed to change?"

"Bomi..."

She took a deep breath. "Anyway, I noticed you hang out a lot with her."

I raised an eyebrow. "And?"

She smiled. "I think it's doing you good."

"What? Why?"

"You're actually out there, living."

I sipped from my coffee. "Chorong is... nice."

"She is awesome. I like her." she said excitedly.

I chuckled. "Hey, stop what you're thinking."

She grinned and took a bite of her French toast. "What?"

"I know you."

"I like her more than Naeun. I think she's prettier and she's down to earth."

My smile faded. "Naeun was nice."

"Was." she said. "Seriously? She's so feminine! She can't kill an ant, or break a glass. She didn't really make so much effort on getting close with meㅡor mom. I don't know. I didn't really like herㅡ"

"Stop it." I said firmly. "Don't talk about her like that."

She sighed. "Alright, fine. She wasn't bad, but she just wasn't for you. I was surprised you even thought about marryingㅡ"

"Bomi, please."

She swallowed. "I'm sorry."

I can't listen to her talk about Naeun like that. Maybe she left me, but she was still lovely. "She was good to me." I said.

She nodded quietly and when she spoke again, she was all ready to drop the subject. "Anyway, I heard it's Chorong's birthday in a few days. Her friends are preparing a surprise party. Would you like to come?"

"When?"

"On the third of this month."

"Ohㅡin two days."

"Yeah."

"I'll see."

She groaned. "Okay, I am changing that question to you should come."

"Where?"

"In Apink's dormㅡ" and then she gasped. "Omo! I don't know if I'm allowed to say it like thatㅡ"

I shrugged. "I already know."

"You know Chorong's friends with them?"

"Yeah." I replied nonchalantly.

"Heol! How much have you guys talked about yourselves to each other?" She has this meaningful smile again.

I tried not to smile so I sipped from my coffee again. "I have training schedules today so I'll be gone for the whole day."

"What about the shop?"

"Eunkwang's going to look out for it."

She smiled and raised her thumbs up. "Eunkwang oppa is seriously the best."

#

Chorong's POV

"What if I'm just overestimating my feelings, mom? What if I don't really feel that way towards him? I mean, I don't know. He makes me happy somehow. And you know what I liked the most? When I'm with him and we talk, it's only about us and music, or maybe family. We don't talk about Jinyoung or that Naeunㅡhis ex. It's just so good. I haven't felt so good in a long time."

I inhaled a deep breath and smiled at my mom. I caressed her hair. "Of course, if you wake up, things would be greatㅡnot just good."

#

After I visited mom at the hospital, Changsub and I met at the Moonlight café where we waited for the new songㅡthat I wroteㅡto be released. We shared earphones and I ordered cheesecake and vanilla milkshake. Changsub had strawberry milkshake.

Fairytale Love  came out and we hurried to music apps to listen to it together. I clapped my hands excitedly. "I can't believe it's out already!"

The company released it as a digital single pre-release for the group.

Changsub frowned. "When Jinyoung hears this, he will immediately think it's about him!"

I grinned. "It is, though."
As I scrolled to the new releases, I saw that his song also came out. "Oh, his song is out too." I told Changsub.

"I don't wanna listen to it." He said, staring at his milkshake.

I smiled. "Me either."

He smiled back. "Good."

"But he makes good songs, you know. I mean, I've always listened to his compositions. He's just born for it."

"Hey! I think you're good too!"

I chuckled and pulled out the earphones when Fairytale Love ended. "Well, I think you're good too."

He smirked. "We're born for it."

"See how you improved in just a few days! Where is Mr-I-Hate-Music-And-Coffee? Where did you hide him?" I asked, looking behind him.

He laughed coyly. "He had a change of heart." He replied and I smiled.

We were out of words for a while but then he asked? "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Nothing much. Why?"

"Can you spare a day for me? I wanna show you something." He said.

"What is it?"

"You'll find out tomorrow."

"Are you debuting?"

"No."

"Quitting?"

"No!"

"Naeun is married so you couldn't have gotten back together..."

He frowned. "Yeahㅡno."

"Then I'll meet you here tomorrow."

He nodded with a smile. "At five."

#

Night. My place.

Eunji and Namjoo came over. They looked so tired. They told me they were busy practicing for their upcoming debut in Japan. They'll be promoting there for the whole month of March.

"Jinyoung still likes you. I'm telling ya." Namjoo said after listening to A Lie on speakers.

I shook my head, scooping an ice cream. "Why would you say that?"

She sighed. "Girl, the lyrics screamed it."

"Maybe they're not for me."

Eunji groaned. Her mouth full of bread. "So what if he still likes her? Okay, let's say that maybe he still likes her, maybe he still thinks about herㅡmaybe he regrets losing her, but the point is, it doesn't matter." She said before swallowing. "He's not doing anything to show her that she still matters to him." She added.

The words could have felt like a stab to my heart, but strangely, I almost felt nothingㅡif not the high level of approval to what Eunji said.

"Who wouldn't melt by those lyrics though?" Namjoo asked.

"And who wouldn't melt with Chorong eonni's lyrics?" Eunji replied.

Namjoo sighed. "Maybe I'm just trying to say that they were perfect for each other and it's a shame that it ended up this way."

"Hey, don't talk about me as if I'm not here." I told them. I brought the bowl of ice cream to them and we sat on the carpet of my living room. The TV was on but we weren't watching. "I'm really okay now." I said with a smile. An honest smile.

"She's alright because she has Lee Changsub now." Eunji commented, scooping an ice cream.

Namjoo's eyes widened. "What? Lee Changsub? Bomi's brother?"

Eunji grinned at me. Namjoo frowned. "What is this? Are you leaving me out on something?" she asked.

"No!" I replied quickly.

"No," Eunji said at the same time. "Chorong eonni barely told me anything about it."

"There's nothing to tell." I said but my cheeks were blushing. I couldn't hide them.

"Lee Changsub is a musician though." said Namjoo.

"What's wrong with that?" Eunji asked.

"Musicians are heartbreakers." Namjoo said and looked at me. "You should know better."

"Yah! That's not true. Don't look at them all the sameㅡ"

Namjoo laughed with Ohohohooo sound. "Look at you getting defensive! You really like this Changsub, don't you?"

My jaw dropped. "Stop teasing me! We're not teenagers."

She frowned. "So if we're not teenagers, we can't laugh and giggle and talk about the person we like?"

"Of course, we can!" Eunji answered.

I exhaled. "This is no use. You've already made up your mind that I like him." I said.

Eunji grinned and looked at me. "But you know what, eonni?"

"What?"

Her grin widened. "You are not denying it either."

Namjoo smiled. "Yeah, so I guess it's true then."

My eyes widened. My heart started beating loudly. Why am I nervous? "N-noㅡit's not like that!"

"Aye~ eonni, it's okay. I'm glad you're over Jinyoung." Namjoo said.

My face turned serious and they both looked at me as if waiting for the juiciest part of this topic. "You know guys," I started. "When I'm with him, I lose track of timeㅡmaybe it's because we both love music and we went through some things that are almost similar. I'm just really happy that I have a friend like him."

When I finished, they were still looking at me as if expecting something moreㅡbut that was it.

"Aishㅡ" Namjoo said, frowning. "Friend? Bullcrap!"

"Let me rephrase that," Eunji said. "I'm just really happy that I have a friend that I like as a man, that's what you meant, right?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No."

"Come on!" She exclaimed disappointedly.

"If you confess to us now, eonni, your heart will feel lighter." Namjoo said, trying to convince me.

I smiled and stared at the ice cream melting in the bowl. "To be really honest, I'm not sure how I feel about him yet."

They squealed. My smile widened.
This is trouble. I should have known better than to tell them that because now they might play stupid matchmakingㅡwell, that's if they have the time.

After talking more about Changsub (they mostly did) and we finished ice creams and ordered pizza and emptied out the box, we talked about things we have and haven't before. It's like there are millions of things we need to catch up for with each other even though we see each other weekly.

What is better than having friends from college, from not knowing what we really wanted, to getting off college, to getting thrown out into the real world, to being afraid of doing what we really wanted when we figured them out,  to getting that courage to chase our dreams, to now that we're adultsㅡnot too young, not too oldㅡbut we're still around each other and some things may have changed, but the friendship never did. What is better than knowing you have true friends for life? Sometimes, when I'm alone at nightㅡI used to imagine this scenario a lot: when we get married, we get the people we deserve and who deserve us, when we would gather together with our families and watch our children run around, and then we'd laugh about some old inside jokes and stories. During my darkest times when I thought about that, I fall asleep with a smile.

By half past ten, Namjoo and Eunji left my place because they need to be at their dorm by eleven according to their manager. It's one of those times when I wish they could sleepover because I'm just happy right here with them.

Before twelve, just when I was getting ready for bed, I received a call from my only cousin on mom's side.

I answered with, "Hey, you're alive!"

"Chorong eonni, is college really this hard? I'm a tranferred student, I'm broke and friendless, and there are way too many things I need to catch up onㅡincluding sleep."

I laughed. "Hayoung-ah, just hold on a bit more. You're almost graduating."

She sighed, then her voice brightened when she spoke again. "Eonni! Happy birthday! I called to say that you're getting way and way older than me."

There was a moment of pause. I didn't realize it was my birthdayㅡand Hayoung could have sensed this because she said,

"Aigoo, I knew it. You forgot your own birthday. You know what? My mom started forgetting things at the age of forty-fiveㅡ"

"Yaaah! YouㅡI'm still young!"

"You are three years to thirty."

"Still on the calendar."

She sighed. "When will you marry?"

"Yaaah!"

She laughed and I suddenly missed her. Hayoung and I were really close back in high school even though we have a huge age gap and we only spent time in school together for a year because I was already a senior when she was a freshman.

"I forgotㅡyou need a boyfriend first. Eonni, I heard Jinyoung oppa's song. Is it about you?"

"How should I know that? Should there be something written like, dedicated to Park Chorong?"

She snorted. "Obviously, you would feel it if it's about you. Well, if it is though, he still likes you. I suggest you marry him." she said with a giggle.

I shook my head. "As if you don't know that we broke up because he's marrying another girl."

"Aaaaah!" she screamed that I had to take the phone away from ear for a moment. "I hate him!"

"You were just asking me to marry him!" I said with a laugh.

"But eonni,"

"What?"

"You used to really get quiet when I talk about him, why do you sound so okay with this now?"

I smiled. "Because I'm alright and I'm happyㅡand also really, really sleepy. Hayoung-ah, thanks for calling! Your old eonni is off to sleep."

"Waitㅡdon't hang up!"

I frowned. "What is it now?"

"How are you gonna celebrate your birthday?"

I remembered Changsub asking me to spare some time with him tomorrow. There's a shot of excitement that went through my system. I had to take a deep breath to answer Hayoung, "I think I'm going out with someone."

"Whaaat? On a date?"

"No, dummy. Just literally going out, not in a date way."

I heard her sigh disappointedly. "Alright, then. I'll sleep too. These words aren't registering in my brain anyway."

I chuckled. "Good night, Oh Hayoung."

Before I sleep, I realized of how much I talked about Changsub todayㅡand then I wondered if he talks about me to his friends at all. Probably not.

#

Five. At Moonlight café.

I immediately saw Changsub sitting on our usual table, not drinking anything, just playing with his phone.

His eyes lit up when he saw me walking towards him and I wanted to stop for a moment and replay that in my head again and again, but I sat in front of him and smiled. "So, what's up?"

I'm actually kind of gloomy today. I spent the day in the karaoke shop with Bomi who has no idea it's my birthday so she didn't greet me. Eunji and Namjoo haven't called. They're probably too busy to do so. And Changsub here, has no idea today was the 27th year of my existence on earth.

ButㅡJinyoung sent me a bouquet of flowers this morning with a card that says a simple, Happy birthday. ㅡJinyoung

I have sent him a message saying:

Thanks for the flowers.
And for remembering my birthday.
But you don't have to send me anymore next time.

He didn't reply. I just feel uncomfortable by getting flowers from him when I know he's already engaged with some other girl who should be getting those flowers.

But hey! Maybe Mr. Lee Changsub here will brighten my day just like any other day spent with him.

"Do you mind riding my extravagant bike again?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Not really. Especially when I'm not wearing a dress."

As we stood, he scanned my clothes quickly and I felt a thump against my chest. What does he think of me when I'm not in those gorgeous dresses?

"You're definitely Park Chorong today." he commented as he got on his bike.

"What?"

He smiled. "Get on my extravagant bike, Park Chorong."

"Will you keep on calling my whole name?"

"Yes, Park Chorong."

I chuckled and then I realized I will have to hold onto him againㅡas in, wrap my arms around him. I stared at his back for a while.

"Yah, aren't you holding on?" he asked.

I blinked my eyes twice. Okay, this is alright. If we're close friends, it's definitely okay.

After I've convinced myself and I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist from the back, my heart went crazy on cue. It's as if it was begging to get out of my chestㅡit's knockingㅡno, banging against it.

"Okayyy!" Changsub said brightly. I haven't heard him speak so brightly like this until now. "Park Chorong, let's go!"

As we leave, I caught a glimpse of Ilhoon and Naeun near the coffeeshop. She saw us and I saw her, but Changsub didn't and I didn't want to ruin our day, so I kept it to myself.

Changsub stopped by a bookstore. "Park Chorong, can you wait for me here? I just have to get something quickly."

I wanted to come in with him, but instead I said: "Okay, I'll wait here."

He left the bike with me, so I stood by the sidewalk, waiting for him. I took my phone and checked for any messages from Namjoo and Eunji but there were none. I sighed. Did they really forget? They never did before though...

And then I got a callㅡfrom Eunji! I excitedly answered.

"Yaaah!" I said. "Why are you calling just now?"

Her voice when she spoke made my smile disappear. "Eonni, can you come over? Namjoo's really in a bad state right now. I don't know what to do..."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"We didn't tell you this since we didn't want you to worry, but we've been receiving a lot of bad commentsㅡ "

"I'll be there in a while. Let's talk about it there. Is Namjoo alright? I mean, she's not crying, right?"

"Please hurry, eonni."

When we hung up, I suddenly got this urge to take Changsub's bike and go to Eunji and Namjoo's dorm but as if sensing my impatience, he came out of the bookstore with a plastic bag and then he smiled at me. "Let's go." he said.

I swallowed, feeling my heart sinking. "I don't think I can go with you today, Changsub-ah. Namjoo and Eunji have an emergency and I have to be thereㅡ"

"Do you want me to take you there?" he asked.

I stared at him. "Are you okay with it?"

He smiled reassuringly. "You have to be there for your friends."

I smiled back at him, grateful. "I'd appreciate a ride on your extravagant bike."

He chuckled. "Come on."

As he pedalled us three neighborhoods away, I thought about what happened to Namjoo and Eunji but I didn't have time to check on my phone because I was afraid to fall off the bike.

I instructed Changsub the directions to Apink's dorm and then I thanked him once we've arrived.

"I'm sorry about today. I'll call you later." I told him with a blush. So silly of me to blush at this situation.

He nodded simply. "I'll be going now. Call me if you need anything."

"Thanks, Changsub-ah."

I pressed the button of the elevator and went up to the third floor. I rang Apink's doorbell but when nobody opened it, I typed in the password (that they let me know) into the lock.

The whole place was dark already because it was probably around quarter to six.

"Eunji-ah?" I called.

Suddenly, the lights went on and confettis fell on meㅡand people were shouting and singing Happy Birthday, Chorong.

#

A/N: Thank you for reading!!

Hey guys! I've published a new fanfiction that I wrote with hellobtob. Please check it out! It's called 'Secrets Untold', featuring Minhyuk & CLC's Elkie!

#

Do you guys remember when Changsub scolded Sungjae for kissing Chorong (on their drama, Plus 9 Boys)? ♡♡♡

He said, 'This is almost like kissing your older sister.' LOL

C'mon Changsub 😏
We all know what you're on about.
Hahahaha

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

224K 12.4K 50
❝Don't play with my feelings Lee Heeseung.❞ I painfully stopped my voice from breaking as I looked away not wanting to see that man's face. ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫...
10.7K 719 47
"I like you! is that what you wanted to hear?"-Jake A tragic incident leads to a huge fight between two bestfriends..they moved away in the hope of n...
1.3K 98 15
"welcome to jjong's twilight coffee shop ,what would you like to have?" - Park Jongseong "Well is the cutie taking the...
184 19 3
Sunoo knew he could come off as aloof and unfriendly, but who cares about that anyway? He was all about chasing his dream job and didn't have time fo...