A Place to Land

By lbt_fan

Karen and Mark have been together for 10 years and married for 5. She thought they were going to grow old tog... More

Karen
Jimi
Karen
Mark
Karen
Mark
Kimberly
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Phillip
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Kimberly
Phillip
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Jimi
Karen
Epilogue: Karen
Author's Note

Jimi

569 8 0
By lbt_fan

"All my love, here I go again"

It's been four weeks since Karen told me she was pregnant. I am beyond excited for this baby. This baby will be our first baby together, but it really feels like our second. Half the time I forget that Aubree isn't my biological child, but it feels like she's mine. I have been here for that little girl since the day Karen found out she was pregnant with her. I went to most of her ultrasounds and I got to see her come into the world. Just because we don't share the same DNA doesn't mean I am not her father. I don't really know what's going to happen when she finds out about Mark. She's a very curious little girl so it wouldn't surprise me if she will try and reach out to Mark. I don't know what he's going to be like when that time comes, but I pray that he won't break her heart. Whatever she decides to do when that time comes isn't going to change the love I have for her.

Karen has an ultrasound this afternoon to see if they can find a heartbeat yet. She's almost eight weeks pregnant so she isn't showing yet. One thing I have noticed is that her morning sickness is worse this time around compared to when she was pregnant with Aubree. We've been having shows every weekend and it's been a little hard for her especially since we're trying to keep the pregnancy to ourselves right now until she's out of her first trimester because anything could happen.

It's around 7:00 in the morning and Karen and I are still in bed. Aubree is still asleep in her room. She usually sleeps until between 7:30 and 8:00. She comes in our room when she wakes up and that's our cue to get our day started. Karen was laying on her side with her back to my chest and I had my arm draped around her waist. For once I was awake before she was. I lifted my head off the pillow and looked down at her. We had a bit of a rough night last night with her morning sickness. I don't really know why they call it morning sickness because it hits her at all hours of the day. She was up three times last night throwing up and I feel bad. The past few days, she's been miserable. Hopefully it subsides a little by this weekend so being on a bus with six other people will be more bearable. I saw her eyes flutter open. I just watched her wake up a bit before saying anything. She looked up at me and then rolled on her back.

"Why are you staring at me?" she groaned.

"Because you're beautiful and I could look at you all day" I said with a smile. I smiled and leaned down and kissed her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Not the greatest, but I'm not nearly as nauseous as I was three hours ago" she said.

"I'm sorry" I said and kissed her again.

"Hopefully I'll feel better when I eat a little breakfast" she said. I laid back down on my back and Karen cuddled up next to me with her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her back and rubbed her arm.

A few minutes later we heard Aubree's little footsteps running down the hallway to our bedroom. She opened the door and ran up to the bed.

"Morning princess" I said as she climbed up on the bed. Karen made some room between us for her. She always likes to lay down between us. She's a snuggler. While she was climbing around on the bed to get to the middle, she was shaking the bed and I heard Karen inhale a sharp breath.

"Are you good?" I asked her quietly and she nodded.

"Don't jump around too much on the bed. Mommy doesn't feel well, okay" I said to Aubree as she made herself comfortable between us. She nodded her head and Karen scooted closer. Aubree rested her head on Karen's chest. Karen kissed her forehead. I scooted closer to them and wrapped my arms around both of them. We laid there for a little while before getting up.

About a half an hour later, Karen scooted away from both of us. She looked like she was going to throw up again.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly so I wouldn't freak Aubree out. Karen shook her head no and sat up.

"Aubree, did you go potty before you came in here?" I asked hoping she would say no so she wouldn't see Karen run to the bathroom.

"No" she said.

"Go potty and then we can go downstairs for breakfast" I said. I lifted Aubree out of the bed and she ran down the hall to her bathroom.

I looked over at Karen and she was still sitting in the bed. I scooted closer to her and rubbed her back. She sat there in silence hoping that the nausea will pass. It didn't. She climbed out of bed quickly and ran into the bathroom with her hand over her mouth. I climbed out of bed and followed her. She made it to the toilet and threw up. I walked up behind her and pulled her hair back and held it. When she was done, she flushed the toilet and stood up. She leaned against the counter and faced me.

"It amazes me that I even had anything left in my stomach to throw up" she said with a slight giggle. I walked up to her and put my hands on the sides of her arms.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"For now" she said. I pulled her to my chest and wrapped my arms around her back. She wrapped hers around my waist. I held her for a minute before we were interrupted by a hungry four year old.

"Can we have waffles for breakfast?" Aubree asked.

"Sure" Karen said as she pulled away from me. Aubree smiled and walked out of the bathroom. We followed her down to the kitchen.

We had some frozen waffles in the freezer, so I just popped some of those in the toaster because neither of us felt like making homemade waffles.

We sat down at the table and ate our breakfast. Karen ate two bites and was just moving her food around on her plate.

"Kare, you should eat something" I said and reached for her hand.

"I'm not hungry" she said quietly.

"What if I make you something else?" I suggested.

"I'm really not hungry" she said getting a little upset.

"Let me make you some toast. Something less sugary" I said and went over to grab the loaf of bread. I popped a piece in the toaster. I waited for it to pop up and then put a little bit of butter on it. I walked back over to the table and set it in front of her.

"Please eat it" I said and kissed the top of her head.

She picked up the toast and took a bite. She eventually ate all of it. Aubree finished up her waffles and I helped her clean up. I've been trying to help Karen out as much as possible so she doesn't have to do much. I know the morning sickness has been getting to her and she's not up for much.

Once Aubree was cleaned up, Karen took her upstairs to get dressed. All Karen wanted to do this morning was lay down on the couch and all Aubree wanted to do was play with Karen. I decided to take Aubree outside so Karen could get so peace and quiet before we have to go to the ultrasound.

A little bit before 1:00, Emily came to watch Aubree while we go. Karen got herself ready and then we left. Karen has been quiet since this morning. I know she's nervous for this appointment. I reached over for her hand and grabbed it.

"Everything's going to be fine" I said and squeezed it. She turned her head and looked at me. She gave me a small smile and then continued looking out the window.

I pulled into the parking lot and climbed out. We walked in and checked in at the front desk and then waited in the waiting room. I grabbed her hand and held it until they called her name. I was gently rubbing my thumb back and forth on the top of her hand.

After waiting about fifteen minutes, a nurse came out and called her name. She squeezed my hand and looked at me. We stood up and followed the nurse back. She did her checkup before getting the doctor. Once everything was good to go, the nurse went to send the doctor in here.

"What if they can't find a heartbeat?" Karen asked me.

"They're going to find a heartbeat. There is definitely a little baby in there. Trust me. You wouldn't be throwing up multiple times a day everyday if there wasn't" I said. I stood up off my chair and walked in front of her. She was sitting on the exam table with her feet hanging off. I stepped between her legs and put my hands on her waist.

"Everything is going to be fine" I said and kissed her.

A few minutes later the doctor walked in. She had Karen lay back on the table. I sat next to her and she reached for my hand. I grabbed it with both hands and held it. The doctor started the ultrasound and was moving the wand across Karen's stomach. The more she did that, the more Karen squeezed my hand. After about thirty seconds of moving it around we heard a heartbeat.

"There's the heartbeat" the doctor said with a smile. Karen let out the breath she was holding and smiled.

"And there's your baby. That little jelly bean right there" she said and pointed to the screen. All Karen could do was smile.

"How have you been feeling?" the doctor asked Karen.

"The morning sickness hits at all times of the day" Karen said.

"That's normal. Has it gotten any better?" she asked.

"It's been the same for the past three weeks or so" Karen said and the doctor nodded.

"That's to be expected. Just keep drinking lots of water and take your vitamins and hopefully it will subside soon. It will definitely calm down once you're out of your first trimester" she said.

"The morning sickness wasn't this bad when I was pregnant with our daughter. It came and went, but this time it seems like it comes and never goes away" Karen said.

"That's exactly what happened when I had my two kids. The first one was such an easy pregnancy, but the second one, I was throwing up once an hour" she said with a laugh.

"I know how that feels" Karen said and we all laughed.

"Alright, by the next appointment we should be able to see some more baby development. Just remember to take good care of yourself and to make sure the baby is getting all the nutrients it needs. This is a crucial time so make sure you're eating enough and taking your vitamins" she said and Karen nodded.

"I'll see you guys back here in a month" she said with a smile.

"Thank you" Karen and I said and I shook her hand. She left the room and Karen climbed off the table.

"See, I told you everything was going to be fine" I said.

"But anything could still happen" she said quietly.

"Not if you take care of yourself and eat right and take your vitamins" I said. She still looked discouraged. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to my chest.

"This little baby is going to be just fine" I said and kissed the top of her head.

We left the exam room and walked out to the front desk. Karen made another appointment for four weeks and then we headed out to the parking lot to find our car. We headed home and all Karen wanted to do was take a nap.

We got home and Aubree and Emily were playing outside. We walked out there and Aubree came running to us.

"Mommy, Daddy!" she yelled.

"Hey baby" Karen said with a smile.

"Hi princess" I said and scooped her up.

"Were you good for Emily?" Karen asked.

"Uh huh, I was" Aubree said confidently. Karen and I looked at Emily and she nodded.

"She's been great. She woke up from her nap around 2:00 and wanted to build sandcastles so we've been out here since then" Emily said.

"Thank you for watching her" Karen said with a smile.

"No problem" Emily said.

I gave her some cash and then Karen walked her out. Karen came back outside a few minutes later by Aubree and I.

"I'm going to go lay down upstairs. I'm exhausted and I don't feel well" she said quietly.

"Okay, I can keep tabs on the little one. Let me know if you need anything" I said and kissed her cheek. She nodded and went inside.

"Where's Mama going?" Aubree asked.

"She's going to go take a nap because she doesn't feel well" I said.

"Is she sick?" Aubree asked worriedly.

"Sort of, but she'll be okay" I said and she nodded and went back to playing with her toys in the sandbox.

Around 4:30, Karen came back outside. She looked a lot happier and not as sick. She closed the patio door and sat down next to me on the wicker love seat. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and she leaned into me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked and kissed her temple.

"A lot better. That nap really helped" she said with a smile.

"That's good" I said with a smile.

"So, I'm starving and I am really craving Dairy Queen chicken strips and a peanut butter cup Blizzard" she said seriously. I started laughing and she sat up and gave me the look. The look that I'm about to be in trouble. Her eyebrows were raised and her lips were pursed slightly.

"Dairy Queen sounds good" I said saving my ass. I smiled at her and she stopped giving me that look.

"Come here Aubree, let's get you cleaned up so we can go to Dairy Queen" Karen said cheerfully. Sometimes these mood swings are entertaining. One minute she's pissed at me and the next she's totally fine.

"Can I get ice cream?" Aubree asked as she ran over to us.

"Of course you can" Karen said with a smile.

Karen took her inside and helped her wash her hands and wipe the dirt off her face. As soon as they were ready to go, we left. We arrived at Dairy Queen and walked inside.

"Aubs, do you want a cheeseburger, a hot dog, chicken nuggets or chicken tenders?" Karen asked her.

"Chicken nuggets" Aubree said and she nodded.

"I'll order and you guys can go sit down" I said.

"Order her a smoothie instead of a drink cup" Karen whispered before she took Aubree to find a table.

"Feeling a little generous?" I whispered with a giggle.

"Today, yes, I am" she said with a smile. Aubree loves the smoothies here and normally we make her choose between ice cream and a smoothie for desert and she normally picks the ice cream.

"Does she still get ice cream?" I asked and she nodded.

"There's a reason to celebrate today" she said with a smile.

"Okay" I said with a smile. She grabbed Aubree's hand and headed towards the table.

I walked up to the counter and ordered. I ordered Aubree's chicken nugget kid's meal with a strawberry banana smoothie for a drink, Karen's chicken strip basket and myself a bacon cheese burger combo with onion rings. The cashier gave me the soda cups and I went and filled all the cups. I got a lemon iced tea for Karen and myself a Coke. I went and found them at the table. I slid in the booth across from Karen and Aubree.

"When's our food gonna be here?" Aubree asked.

"Soon" I said with a smile.

"And I ordered a surprise for you" I said with a smile. Her eyes got wide and her jaw dropped.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you" I said with a chuckle.

"I don't like surprises" she said bouncing up and down in her seat.

"Hmm, I wonder where you got that from?" I said and looked at Karen. She just laughed.

"She's just like you" I said with a chuckle.

A minute later our food came. The worker had all the baskets and Aubree's smoothie on one tray.

"I've got a chicken nugget kid's meal with a strawberry banana smoothie" she said and reached over the table and set it in front of Aubree.

"A smoothie?" Aubree asked excitedly.

"Yeah a smoothie" Karen said with a giggle.

"Do I still get ice cream?" she asked concerned.

"Yes, you can still have ice cream" I said with a laugh.

"I've got a chicken strips basket" she said and Karen raised her hand. She set it in front of her.

"And a bacon cheese burger basket with onion rings" she said and set it in front of me.

"Thank you" Karen said and I smiled.

"Enjoy" she said and walked away.

"Don't drink that smoothie too fast, you're not getting another one" I told Aubree and she set the cup down next to her basket of food.

We ate our food and then I went back up to the counter and ordered our ice cream. I brought it back and we ate it before going home.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Karen when we got home. It has been about a half an hour since we ate and she hasn't kept much down today, so I'm hoping that she doesn't throw up everything she just ate.

"Pretty good actually" she said with a smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked concerned. Half the time when she isn't feeling well she says she's fine so I don't worry, but that only makes me worry more about her because I don't know how much pain she is in and I can't help her when I don't know what's going on.

"Yeah, I'm sure" she said.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything" I said.

"Don't worry, I will" she said.

"Come on sweetie, let's go take a bath and get ready for bed" Karen said. Aubree was playing with her toys by the fire place. She likes to set up her stuff on the stone ledge in front of the fire place when we're not using it. She was pretty into what she was doing and didn't respond to Karen.

"Aubree Grace, put your toys away. It's time for bath" Karen said a little bit more sternly. Aubree jumped a little and looked at Karen and we laughed a little.

"Put your toys away" Karen said with a laugh. Aubree picked up all her toys and put them in the chest in the corner. She followed Karen upstairs and took a bath. About a half an hour later, they came back downstairs. I turned on one of Aubree's shows and she sat in between us on the couch. By 7:45, she was half asleep and ready for bed. She had her head resting in Karen's lap and her little feet were against the side of my thigh. Karen was running her fingers through Aubree's hair and watching her fall asleep. Aubree's eyes closed and she was out like a light.

"Do you want me to take her up to bed?" I whispered.

"Not yet" she whispered, not taking her eyes off Aubree. I know she likes to watch her sleep, so I didn't bug her about it. I just wanted to soak up this moment as a little family.

Around 8:30, we decided to put Aubree to bed. I lifted Aubree up off the couch and cradled her in my arms. I didn't want to jostle her around too much because I didn't want to wake her. Karen stood up and followed me up to Aubree's room. Once we got there, I laid her down in her bed and Karen pulled the covers up.

"Goodnight baby girl, I love you so much" Karen said and kissed her forehead. I leaned down and kissed her forehead as well.

"I love you princess" I whispered.

We stepped away from her bed and I wrapped my arm around Karen's back and we walked out of her room. We left the door slightly open and walked back downstairs. We sat down on the couch and she curled up next to me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"You still feeling okay?" I asked her.

"Surprisingly, yes" she said with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that" I said.

"I can't wait to meet this little guy" Karen said and put her hands on her stomach.

"What makes you sure it's a little guy and not a little girl?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just have a feeling" she said and looked up at me.

"Well, either way, this baby is going to be perfect. Just as perfect as our little girl" I said. She smiled and I leaned down and kissed her. I can't wait for this little baby to come into the world. I can't wait for our little family to get a little bit bigger.

Four weeks later Karen is twelve weeks pregnant. Her morning sickness has gotten a lot better. It only hits her every once and a while. She has an ultrasound this morning and hopefully today we get the all clear to tell people about the baby.

Karen was upstairs taking a shower and getting ready to go and I was downstairs with Aubree making breakfast. Aubree really wanted eggs, but eggs still make Karen sick. Even though the morning sickness has mostly subsided, eggs will always get to her. Karen has been doing really well and I wasn't about to change that by making the kitchen smell like eggs.

"How about I make you some chocolate chip pancakes?" I suggested.

"I want eggs" Aubree said and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Aubree, eggs make Mama feel sick and we don't want Mama to feel sick do we?" I asked.

"No" Aubree said and slouched in her stool.

"So, do you want chocolate chip pancakes?" I asked.

"Yeah" she said. I got out everything and started cooking. I made the first few pancakes and gave them to Aubree and she started eating.

Karen came downstairs as I was finishing up the pancakes.

"It smells good" she said with a smile.

"Daddy said I couldn't have eggs" Aubree said in a sassy tone and Karen laughed.

"Don't you think chocolate chip pancakes are better?" she asked and Aubree nodded.

I gave Karen a plate with pancakes on it and she sat next to Aubree at the counter. The three of us ate our breakfast. We finished up eating breakfast just before Emily got here. Aubree was still in her pajamas playing with her dolls in the living room. The ultrasound was at 9:30 and it's just reaching 9:00 now. Karen let Emily in and they walked into the living room.

"I have Aubree's clothes for today on her bed. She already ate breakfast and we should be home before lunch. There's a box of cheese crackers in the pantry and she can have if she gets hungry later" Karen told Emily and she nodded.

"Thank you so much for watching her" Karen added.

"No problem" Emily said with a smile.

"Aubree, come here and give me a hug" Karen said. Aubree set her doll down and ran over to Karen. Karen crouched down and Aubree wrapped her arms around Karen's neck. Karen kissed her cheek.

"Bye baby, be good for Emily" she said.

"How long are you going to be gone?" Aubree asked.

"Only for a couple of hours" Karen said.

"Okay" Aubree said. When Aubree let go of Karen, I picked her up and set her on my hip.

"I expect a good report when we come home" I said.

"I will be good, I promise" Aubree said.

"I love you" I said and kissed her cheek.

"I love you too" she said. I set her down and she went back to playing and Karen and I left.

Karen looked out the window the entire ride there and was silent. I reached over and grabbed her hand. She didn't look at me, just held my hand. We got to the office and I parked. I helped her climb out and we walked in. She checked in at the front desk and then we sat down and waited. I looked over at her and she was tapping her leg. It's something she does when she's nervous. I grabbed her hand that was resting in her lap and held it. I know she's nervous. She's nervous about what the doctor could find or couldn't find. After ten minutes of waiting, her name was called. She squeezed my hand and took in a deep breath. We stood up and followed the doctor back to an exam room.

Karen sat down on the exam table and I sat in the chair next to it. She lifted up her shirt and unbuttoned her shorts so the doctor could do the ultrasound. She put the gel on Karen's stomach and rubbed the wand over her stomach. Karen reached for my hand. I grabbed it and she squeezed it.

"There's a strong heartbeat" the doctor said with a smile.

"And we've got some baby development. We've got some little legs and arms" she added. Karen's grip lessened on my hand and the smile grew on her face.

"Everything is looking just as it should be and I think it is safe to say that there is a very minimal chance that anything will happen at this point. Just keep doing what you're doing" the doctor said.

"Thank you" Karen said with a smile.

"I'll see you back here in four weeks and we can see if we can find out the sex of the baby if you would like to find out" she said.

Karen looked at me and I nodded.

"Yes, we would like to find out" she said with a smile.

"Alright, I will make a note" the doctor said with a smile.

The doctor wiped the gel off her stomach. She fixed her shirt and jeans and then we walked out of the exam room with huge smiles on our faces. We went up to the desk and made another appointment for next month.

We walked out to the truck and climbed in. I grabbed her hand and intertwined my fingers in hers.

"Are you happy?" I asked her. She looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah. Very happy" she said with a huge smile.

"I can't wait to tell Aubree" she added.

"Me too. How do you think she's going to react?" I asked.

"She's going to be excited" she said surely.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"When I first suspected I was pregnant, Aubree and I were at Olive Garden and I started to panic a little bit. I was afraid that she would be upset if we had a baby, so I asked her how she would feel if we did and she was excited. She was excited to be a big sister. She told me that she wanted to be a big sister now" she said with a smile.

"She's going to be a great big sister to this little baby" she said and put her other hand on her stomach.

"Yes she will" I said and squeezed her hand.

"When should we tell her?" I asked.

"Either tonight or tomorrow" she said.

"How do you want to tell her?" I asked.

"I found this children's book about becoming a big sister and I was thinking that we could read it to her and then tell her when we finish the book" she said.

"That sounds like a perfect idea" I said with a smile.

We got home and went inside. Aubree and Emily were doing a puzzle on the coffee table when we walked inside.

"Mommy, Daddy!" Aubree yelled excitedly and ran over to us.

"Hey princess" I said and picked her up.

"Were you good for Emily?" Karen asked.

"Uh huh. We finished two big puzzles" she said proudly.

"Wow, that's awesome" I said.

"She ate a snack around 10:30" Emily said.

"Okay, how was she?" Karen asked.

"She was great" Emily said with a smile.

"Thank you again for watching her" Karen said. I set Aubree down and got out my wallet to pay Emily for today.

"No problem" she said.

Karen walked her out and then came back in by Aubree and I.

"How about we go out to lunch and then play at the splash pad" Karen suggested.

"Yeah!" Aubree said excitedly.

"Let's go get your stuff" Karen said and took her upstairs.

Fifteen minutes later, we were ready to go. Karen had Aubree put her swim suit on under her sundress so it would be easy to change when we got to the splash pad. We let Aubree pick where we ate lunch. There's this burger and ice cream shop that Aubree loves, so that's, of course, where she picked. We ate our lunch and then got ice cream cones before we left.

We got to the splash pad and we found a table to put everything down. Jimi and I usually don't wear our swim suits since it's just for kids. We are able to stand on the side and watch Aubree run around and go down the slides and stuff.

Aubree was running through the fountains and Jimi and I were standing on the edge with our feet in the water. Jimi wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to his side.

"I can't wait until we have two babies running around in here" he said and kissed my cheek.

"Me too" I said and smiled at him.

We stayed there all afternoon. Around 4:30, we decided to head home. Karen didn't feel like changing Aubree so I just had her wrapped in a towel and buckled her in her car seat like that. When we got home, Karen got Aubree dressed and I started dinner. We decided to do chicken on the grill.

We ate outside on the patio and then watched a movie before getting Aubree ready for bed.

"Alright sweetie, time for bed" Karen said.

"But I'm not tired" Aubree whined.

"You've been running around outside all day and you're tired" Karen said.

"I want to stay up with you and Daddy" she continued whining.

"What if I told you we have a secret to tell you?" Karen said and Aubree perked up a bit.

"Like a surprise?" she asked.

"Yeah, but only if you go up to bed" I added.

"Okay" Aubree said and headed upstairs.

Karen and I laughed and followed her upstairs. Aubree got herself ready for bed. When she was changed and her teeth were brushed, she crawled in bed and Karen and I sat next to her on each side. Karen grabbed the big sister book and started reading it. Aubree was really into it and kept asking questions during the whole story.

"The baby's in the Mommy's tummy?" Aubree asked when Karen finished the book.

"Yeah, that's where the baby grows and once the baby is done growing, it comes out" Karen said and then closed the book.

"So, do you want to be a big sister?" Karen asked and the smile on Aubree's face grew.

"Uh huh" she said and nodded.

"Well, you're in luck" I said and Aubree looked at me.

"You're going to be a big sister" Karen said with a smile.

"Really?" Aubree asked excitedly.

"Yeah really" Karen said with a smile.

"When?" Aubree asked.

"The end of February" Karen said.

"How long is that?" she asked.

"About six more months" Karen said.

"Is that a long time?" she asked.

"Sort of" Karen said.

"Is there a baby in your tummy just like the mommy in the story?" Aubree asked.

"Yeah" Karen said with a smile.

"Right in there?" Aubree asked and pointed at Karen's stomach.

"Yep, right here" Karen said and put her hands on her stomach.

"Is your belly getting bigger just like in the story?" she asked.

"Yeah, it is" Karen said.

"Is it bigger now?" she asked.

"Yeah, just a little bit bigger" Karen said.

"Can I see?" Aubree asked.

"Sure" Karen said and pulled her shirt tight to her stomach.

"It's just a little bump right now" Karen added.

"That's the baby?" Aubree asked.

"Yeah, the baby is in there" Karen said with a smile.

"I love this baby!" Aubree said and climbed on Karen's lap and wrapped her arms around Karen's stomach.

"So do we. Just as much as we love you" Karen said and kissed Aubree's forehead and rubbed her back.

"Alright, it's getting late. You need to go to bed now" Karen said and laid her down on the bed.

"Good night baby girl" Karen said and kissed her forehead.

"I love you" she added.

"I love you too" Aubree said with a smile.

"I love you princess" I said and kissed her cheek.

"I love you too Daddy" she said.

"We'll see you in the morning" I said. Karen and I stood up and walked out of Aubree's room. We left the door slightly open and walked down the hall to our room.

"I'm so glad we told her" Karen said. We laid down on the bed and she cuddled up next to me.

"Me too. And I'm glad that she's excited" I said.

"I knew she would be. She's great around Daisy and Penelopi" she said.

"I just can't wait to meet this little baby" Karen said with a smile. I leaned down and kissed her.

"Me either" I said with a smile. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 614 22
Warning: Cheating. Cheater forgiven. I am not trying to make cheating look cool. This book is inspired by my Bestfriend's life. She can't seem to h...
66.2K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
514K 19K 29
when your boss wants to make a baby with you. The man whom you think is totally Bastard even a man whore. . . . Before reading this stroy please hea...
33.7K 1.8K 44
==COMPLETED== ***JUST THE STORY, RANDOM IMAGINES CAN BE FOUND IN "PATRICK STUMP/FALL OUT BOY IMAGINES" BOOK*** Now married after salvaging your relat...