Chase You

Av frozenrainfall

• Wattpad Featured Story • Flynn Hopper didn't know what to expect when he started going to university. Borin... Mer

Copyright Statement
00; when realisation slaps you in the face
01; feeling shameful
extra; Ben & Flynn Encounters (1)
02; 'Flynny'
03; christmas spirit
04; a punch a day keeps the doctor away
05; the grinch with the abs sculpted by god
06; sock-to-sock contact is overwhelming
07; the epitome of a golden family
08; burden
09; the past never remains buried.
10; an old hate fire
11; old relationships die hard
extra; Ben & Flynn Encounters (2)
12; déjà vu
13; matches our souls perfectly
14; christmas day I
15; christmas day II
16; christmas day III
17; christmas day IV
Extra; Flynn & Ben Encounters (3)
18; let it be
19; if this was a movie
20; late night conversations are the weirdest
21; mixed feelings
22; erase and replace
23; kind of repulsed.
24; fierce
25; a great deal of awkwardness and frantic cheering
26; the trophy of adulting
27; the margin between friends & foes
28; nocturnal
29; the devil wears prada
30; high speed train to the future
31; c'est la vie
33; soirée
34; pretty
35; the night we met
36; a little tongue-tied
37; time changes people
38; the longest car journey
39; fanboy
40; possibilities
41; loyalty
42; wedding & a war
43; chasing him, chasing me
44; camping I
45; camping II
46; camping III
47; camping IV
48; camping V [The End]

32; the small things

9.6K 418 157
Av frozenrainfall

"You didn't think I forgot about Valentines did you?" Ben smirked. He pressed his body against the wooden doorframe of my bedroom. In one hand, a rose, in the other, a gift bag.

I was still finding it difficult to process anything right now. Seeing him stood there like that, sounding so cool and saying words that before this, I could only dream of him saying, it was absolutely mesmerising.

I could only look in his direction from my position sat up on my bed feeling half dazed.

"You look cute with that doe-eyed look." He smiled and walked inside my room.

He pushed the rose in my direction but I furrowed my brows, and then he pushed the gift bag in my direction instead and I smirked confidently and grabbed it off him.

The glossy and glittery bag almost slipped from my sweaty hands, so I put it down on the bed and pulled the red, sheer ribbon undone.

Inside the bag was a bunch of tissue paper and confetti. I shoved my large hand into the small bag and felt around as if it was a lucky dip, and finally pulled out a black box. The box was made of leather, and it was in the shape of a chest.

I looked up at his standing form with a grin and looked back down at the small box, and then back at him, and then finally back down at the gift.

Opening it up, I saw the most beautiful, most precious looking charm bracelet. It was very ornate, and had all these intricate patterns on the metal band. I wasn't quite sure of some of the very few charms on it, however.

"Those charms. They're religious symbols that stand for peace, happiness and wisdom." One side of Ben's mouth turned upwards. "Of course, it's not like I'm trying to get you to follow a religion, it's just that the meaning of the symbols makes me think of you."

"Thank you." I grinned, grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer to me. He sat on the foot of the bed opposite to where I was sitting, and in between us, was the gift bag and Ember's sleeping form.

I dug into the bag once again and pulled out the next item. It was a bowtie. A really simple one too; the only pattern was the logo of the designer brand. It was black too, so it wasn't exactly very noticeable from afar, but that's the thing with designer brands.

"You spoil me." I grinned, "we haven't even dated that long, you shouldn't have to spend so much."

He shrugged. "I like spoiling people."

"So would that make you my sugar daddy-"

"Fuck that." He snorted, "I'm taking you out tonight, so you could wear that tie if you want, but whatever suits your outfit really."

"Noted." My curiosity was at its peak, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get my surprise to escape his lips no matter how much I try to seduce him. Seduction was the only thing I was good at, but Ben unfortunately, was immune.

The last thing I pulled out the bag was a small envelope. Curiously, I raised my brow and hesitated for a split second before I lifted the flap up. I was curious because it was a small envelope, so it can't have been a Valentines card.

Inside, was a small pile of photos. About the size of polaroid ones, except not in the same style. These looked like proper photographs, printed professionally.

I saw a blush paint Ben's cheeks as he scratched the back of his neck and smiled goofily. I settled my eyes on the first photograph, and was surprised to see that it dated all the way back to prom. That's three years ago.

"I got in touch with the photographer from prom, it wasn't hard really since it was the dad of some guy that was in my Biology class."

"Oh." I muttered out, feeling sort of stuck with what to say. It wasn't that I was quiet because I wasn't appreciating it, in fact it was quite the opposite. I loved these sorts of presents, that seemed like absolute trash to some stranger, but it definitely was priceless to me. It was as if Ben knew me inside out, or he's just very observant. Most likely the latter.

I flipped through the photos, and it was sort of funny to see Ben and I dancing together in a very hostile manner. That night, we were literally just muttering to each other  about our dislike for one another. Ben's ratty converses stood out the most, since this particular photo had a sort of vignette on the edges.

"I didn't get you anything..." I muttered.

"That's ok," he shrugged, "You got me a Christmas present."

I pursed my lips, still feeling slightly guilty. I placed the photos back in the envelope, and then stuck my hand out to Ben to put the charm bracelet on my wrist. He smiled and then edged forward and brushed his hand against mine before undoing the clasp and putting the bracelet tightly on my wrist, the cold metal against my skin took a moment to get used to, as did his touch when he held my hand.

I smiled and shook it around on my wrist, the charms clinked together and caught the sunlight on the shiny metal. Ben was still leaning close to me, and for me, the sexual tension was thick. You can't blame me, I'm not used to slow relationships and its been a while since I had sex. I used to easily be able to just pick the phone up and call someone over or organise a place to meet up to do the dirty, but now that I'm with Ben, I can't do that, of course.

I leaned forward and met his lips with mine. I liked kissing Ben, his lips were soft, his breath was always fresh, and his hesitancy was cute. I don't get why he's still pretty hesitant around me, he never seemed the type, so I wasn't used to it. Regardless, I found that it only made me feel a lot more connected to him, In a weird, unexplainable way.

I pulled Ben into an embrace, and tightly wrapped my hands around his neck. My head fit perfectly in the crook of his shoulder. "Thank you." I muttered into his ear.

He just snorted and pulled away, "you don't need to thank me."

"I do." I smiled, "so where are we going tonight?"

"It's a surprise, make sure you're ready by five."

I sighed and intwined my fingers together in my lap. All of a sudden, I felt fidgety and started playing with my fingers. "I don't like surprises." I huffed.

"What a shame." He shrugged, with a cute smirk playing on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and got up off the bed, as did he. "To be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing you all dressed up."

"You better not be wearing those ratty converses." I replied with a smile.

"Nope, I'm dressing up also, and I threw those out ages ago."

* . * . * . * . *

Hours passed by in a blur, my day mostly consisted of binge watching trashy television programmes and snacking to my hearts desire. Of course, today being a special day, I did some baking, which to be honest, I wasn't all that bad at. At least if you don't count that time my cakes exploded in the oven in Food Tech back in school.

Mrs Henry did definitely not like that, she got angry and gave me a detention for not following instructions, because of course,  Marcia was in the same class and it was blatantly obvious I was so strung up on watching every movement she did and wanting to get her attention. I spent my lunch time scrubbing all the ovens in the room and thinking about how I definitely did get her attention, but not in the way I wanted.

Padding up the stairs, I was starting to feel nervous as hell, my shoulders were tense and my stomach was doing flips, although that might've been all the junk food I ate earlier. I've not felt this way for a long time, and it sort of felt nice to feel again because I felt young. God, I'm starting to sound like a real adult. Bleugh.

I checked my watch, and the panic started to set in when I realised I only had just over thirty minutes to gussy up. I still had my hair to style, and my face to put on. I can't go out with these dark circles around my eyes and these pimples settling on my chin. I blame the lithium.

I pulled open my wardrobe doors and pulled out my most expensive suit. I think this was the one I wore to prom, so it was rather slim fitting and trendy. It was dark blue, with black folds, and I paired it with the matching dark blue trousers. I quickly changed into the suit, and had a hard time deciding whether or not I should wear the designer tie Ben bought. I mean, it wouldn't match the suit, but he bought it for me and I'm unsure of any other occasion I could wear it to.

My phone buzzed, and I snapped out of my reverie to run over to it. It was just Ben messaging me that he's leaving in about fifteen minutes. Panic settled all over me, and I finally decided on a black bow tie.

I was dabbing in my concealer when Casey walked in. She froze in her spot for a moment before settling on my bed. "Ha, I knew you didn't naturally have eyes without dark circles."

I snorted, "now you know the truth."

She smirked, "where are you off to?"

"I wouldn't even tell you if I knew."

"Ohhh," she mused. "He planned a surprise. Cute. What are you going to do in return?"

"I'm going to give him complete control of my body." I chuckled jokingly.

"Flynn!" she grimaced.

"I'm only... half joking." I snorted. I mean, if he really did want complete control, then I wouldn't argue, but I think I'll keep that to myself.

I sauntered past Casey and went into the bathroom, but she just followed me as if she was one of my ducklings. I started sorting out my messy hair while Casey kept jabbering on about one of her friends, and I heard Harry's name in there quite a lot, but I prevented myself from teasing her. I didn't want scratch marks over my face before I go on my date.

I washed my hands after putting gel in my hair and almost jumped when the doorbell rang. Butterflies filled my stomach and I tried my best to hide it, but Casey was eagerly grinning at me because she knew what was up.

I've not felt like this ever. Definitely not to this extent. With Marcy, I felt nervous, but with Ben, its totally different. Why am I on about Marcy though? I had a date with Ben, and I was as excited as I was on edge.

"Flynn, breathe, or you'll die before you start your night."

I rolled my eyes, and took some deep breaths before making my way over to the staircase, but instead of me walking down, I heard Ben's footsteps as he walked up and a whole plethora of emotions washed over me as I ran into my bedroom.

"Breathe, or I'll have to slap you." Casey whispered from the door before saying a cheery 'Hi Ben!' and running down the stairs quicker than Usain Bolt, probably rushing to tell Karen and Dad about how hilariously nervous I was.

I caught my breathing and straightened out my suit, and then started casually getting my wallet, keys, phone and concealer together. The door creaked open and I looked up hesitantly, but as soon as I saw him, I was completely speechless so I couldn't even greet him.

I knew Ben could dress well, but I've never actually seen him dress up. I've never actually seen him put real effort into the way he dresses, because usually he can pull of anything and everything he wears without even trying.

However, this was a whole new level of stunning. He looked like a model just by being clad in a simple suit as black as night, and a bow tie that caught the light in the room and shone, as if it was glitter.

I realised I didn't necessarily have to talk to greet him, so instead of standing idly like a loser across my bedroom and giving away the fact that he's caught me off-guard, I licked my lips and edged closer to him; he welcomed me in his embrace and allowed me to kiss him.

Then he stepped back, and looked me up and down. "Damn."

I felt the my cheeks get warm so I looked down, feeling my usual confidence drain out of me. For the first time, I felt coy and small. How could Ben say just one word and make me feel this way? Perhaps it was the way he said it, it was definitely not in his usual, playful tone, it was more brash and genuine.

He placed a single calloused index finger under my chin and lifted my head up, and all I could do was choke on my own tongue as I screamed at myself in my head to say something. Anything.

"You look.. wow." Feeling slightly embarrassed by my poor use of vocabulary, I mentally face palmed myself.

He just grinned, "you look better, by far."

"Umm, this old thing? It's from prom." I smiled, "but thanks."

He just bit on his lip as he kept staring me up and down, and the thing is, he didn't even try to hide it. "So, we should leave now otherwise we'll be late."

"O-okay." I muttered out. "Where are we going?"

"Stop asking."

"But-"

"Flynn."

I huffed. "Fine."

"It's an hour's drive. You're okay with long journeys I assume?"

"As long as you're not driving as if you're in Fast and Furious."

He grinned, and then led me downstairs even though it was my house. Karen met us by the door and told us to have fun and be responsible, but we all knew just how reckless I can really be.

"So how does this work, do I open your door for you or-"

"I can open my own door," I snickered. Feeling surprised Ben had to ask, since his confidence in the last ten minutes was at its peak.

"Alright." He grinned, "I wouldn't argue if you opened my door.."

I furrowed my brows and rushed over to his side, but then he just pushed me back gently. "I was kidding, now get your ass in the car or we'll be late."

"For what?" I pushed.

"Flynn, I swear to god-"

Chuckling, I slid into the passenger seat of Ben's car and belted up. He reversed out of the driveway with such ease and gracefulness that even surprised me, only because Ben is not a very graceful person at all.

"I'm still new to everything, I don't know how to act on a date with a guy."

"There's not much difference, I'd rather you acted like yourself, that's how I like you best."

"I know, it's the small things that you don't tend to think about, like who opens doors and who pays and who-"

"Seriously? It's like you're stuck in an old age romance film." I laughed. "How long has it been since your last date?"

He muttered back something incomprehensible, but it sounded a little like 'two years'.

"Alright well, for starters, I don't like people paying for me, I'd rather split it 50/50."

"No problem." He shrugged. "Anything else?"

"Yeah. Don't try to act like in a same sex relationship, there's still a man and a woman role to play. I'm a man too, so I shouldn't resemble the woman." My voiced turned out slightly harsher than I wanted to, making it seem as if I was telling him off.

"Sorry, I didn't realise." He swallowed, seeming pretty guilty.

"It's okay, I did the same with my first boyfriend." I smiled, trying to lighten the mood and then proceeded to rest my hand on his knee. "However, some couples wouldn't totally agree, because they like the aspect of having someone dominant in the relationship, but we won't get into that right this moment."

"I could spend this whole car journey listening to you telling me things like this." Ben chuckled.

"Lucky you, because that's exactly why I'm going to do."

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Lucky me."

"We'll call this 'same sex 101'" I said, fanning out my hands in front of me into an arc shape. We faced each other with smiles on our faces, and I saw that glint of curiosity in his eye that I liked so much.

I just hope by the end of this car journey, he wouldn't be fed up of me.

----------

Blehhh. So I liked how the chapter was going until the last five hundred words... it just one of those things that need to be included in the book I guess, because it's vital info. Yeah, let's just call it that xD
Anyhoo, I hope you like this new chapter! Who's excited for date night?! *frantically wave hand in the air* me me me

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

King's Guard Av kara

Allmän skönlitteratur

2.9M 116K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
252K 10.4K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
100K 6.4K 38
'The breeze pushed it's way through my hair as I teetered on the ledge of the balcony. Everyone was long asleep, but I couldn't sleep with what was g...
515K 31.6K 41
Being in love with a straight boy is a straight-up nightmare. Especially if it's been like that for years. But it's even worse when he's your best fr...