Searching For The Light: BTOB...

Por heymello

Lee Changsub ends his military service being a completely different person from when he enlisted. That guy is... Mais

INTRO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (finale)
Playlist
Happy 1 Year!
50,000 READS! 🎉

Chapter 12

2.2K 122 40
Por heymello

Chapter 12 / A Day With You
Chorong's POV

I know now that there is such thing as a perfect day that ends with rain.

By the time Changsub and I left the park, the skies have turned gray and on our way back to Moonlight's, it started raining so he pedalled faster and I held onto him tighter.

"Why does it rain in a spring day?" he asked. We got off the bike and stood in front of Moonlight Café, under its roof. Both our clothes were soaked already.

"Winter hangover." I said.

"I was planning to drop you off your place but now I can't even do that." He said disappointedly.

I smiled, pushing my wet hair back to look at him. "Do you know that I live nearby?"

He turned to me with a surprised expression on his face. "Seriously? HeolㅡI almost forgot. I mean, been there twice. The first time was with the help of the navigator, second time I was kinda drunk..."

I shrugged. "My shop is nearby. That's where we met. So my place is just blocks away."

"I live in the other town!"

"Near the park, right?"

"How did you know?"

I grinned creepily. "Maybe I'm your stalker!"

"No way!"

I laughed. "Bomi is my employee. I have her resumé."

He grinned. "That's a relief."

I looked at him disbelief. "Hey! Did you seriously think there's a chance I could be a stalker? Like, dude, I didn't even know you exist weeks ago!"

This time he laughedㅡand somehow, the rain and his laugh are a perfect combination.

"Changsub-ah," I called him.

"What?"

"Would you run me home?"

He beamed. "I will run you home."

I chuckled, a bit embarrassed and then we counted to threeㅡthen we ran, going against the pouring rain. Not even halfway, we both stopped and stared at each other, ignoring the fact that it was rainingㅡand then we bursted out laughing. We laughed and laughed, and we couldn't stop.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

He gasped for air. "You should have reminded me I have a bike!"

I hit his shoulder lightly a few times, still laughing. "You should have realized that since you're holding it!"

He sat on his bike and looked at me, grinning. "Well, since we're soaked anyway, let's just take it slow. Hop on my ride!"

"You really need to get your ride a roof." I told him. Today was the first time I had to hold onto him behind the bike and I think I've gotten comfortable with it way too fast.

"Have you ever seen a bike with a roof?"

"Maybe you'd be the first one!"

"Maybe I'd earn money from that."

"The media would go crazy!"

I felt his body vibrate while he laughed. And then we were silent but I liked it. It was a good kind of silence.

"This is the building, right?" he asked.

"You remember it."

"Told you, I was kind of drunk that night so I didn't pay attention to the streets."

"Obviously." I said, getting off his bike.
I swallowed and looked at him, hoping I wasn't blushing. "Are you going home now?" I asked.

"I guess so."

I looked at the rain. It's pouring heavily. "Or maybe you should wait until the rain stops?" I asked shyly.

He smiled. A closed-mouth smile. "And wait at the lobby?"

I chuckled. "I'm not a jerk! Of course, you're welcome to stay at my place. I mean, while the rain hasn't stopped yet."

He nodded. Now, he's shy too. Jeez. "I guess I'm doing that then."

"You can leave your bike outside my door. It's safer there."

"Okay."

#

Changsub's POV

Jesusㅡwhat the heck is this heart beating so fast about?

I left my bike outside Chorong's door like she adviced, and then we headed inside her place.

It's hard to believe I'm finally going to see the kind of home this wonderful girl lives in.

She switched on the lights and my eyes started to wander. The place isn't that big but probably too big for a single person. As my eyes caught the framed pictures on the wall, I remembered Chorong probably used to live here with her parents. Now she seems... alone.

The living room was cozy and everything else was neat. The floor was tiled but wood designed, and the wallpaint was all cappuccino-brown colored. The furnitures were white and there were many flowers as decorations. It definitely gives off the home vibe. It's not my home, but I felt home.

Chorong turned to me with a small smile. "I'm gonna turn on the fireplace. You should put down your bags nearby so they'd dry up a little." she said.

I nodded. "Thanks."

The fireplace was not the manual one in which you would have to have chopped woods and worked on the fire for hours. Chorong simply clicked a remote control.

I was looking around when her head peeped out behind a wall. "Hey, I'm just gonna change into dry clothes. I'll be back."

"Sure."

And then she's gone. I tried not to imagine her dressing up behind one of these walls because this is her home and I'm not a pervert.

I warmed myself up by the fireplace and since it's spring already, I couldn't bear staying near the fireplace for too long.

I have no idea where to sit. I'm still soaked and I wouldn't want to ruin their white couch, so I walked around to look for more pictures. There were a lot.

I couldn't help smiling faintly while looking at Chorong's high school graduation picture. She looked almost the same as now, but her cheeks were chubby back then and she had full bangs on. She was cute. She still is, but she's obviously so pretty now. Beautiful even.

"Oh my gosh, nooo!" I heard her exclaim behind me.

I turned to her grinning. "Why? You looked so cute."

She rolled her eyes and covered the picture with both her hands. "Stop teasing."

"It's true."

"Lee Changsub,"

"What?"

"Turn around."

I chuckled. "Alright. Fine."

She stood in front of me and I smiled innocently. I noticed she changed into a white shirt and dark blue and white striped cardigan, and gray shorts.

"I have some of my dad's clothes here." she said unsmiling. I suddenly worried if she's mad about the picture, or what. "Do you wanna change into them so that your clothes would dry up?"

"You don't have to..."

Her lips curved up a little bit. "Come on."

I followed her to a bedroom and I stayed by the door just watching as she moved around it.

"Does your dad live with you?" I asked quietly.

"Nah."

"He doesn't?"

"Nope." She replied and then she opened a box full of clothes.

Oh.

My mind kept repeating it: Oh.

Finally, she handed me a piece of white shirt and black pyjamas. She smiled sheepishly. "Wear the pjs for a while."

"Thank you." I said, ruffling her still wet hair.

"You change in the bathroom." she said and led me there. Heol. Even the bathroom is super clean.

"You must really clean a lot." I told her.

"Not really! I'll wait for you at the kitchen."

"Okay."

I changed into the clothes she lent me, which are a bit bigger than me. Maybe Chorong's dad was a big guy. I'm quite skinny. Eunkwang was right. I've lost a lot of weight.

After changing, I went back to the living room and left my clothes by the fireplace.

I looked for the kitchen and it wasn't really hard to find because the structure of the house isn't complicated.

Chorong was brewing a coffee. For a moment, I just watched her while she hadn't notice yet. I once read that people are different when they don't know they're being watchedㅡand whoever said that was right. I could tell, somehow, that Chorong wasn't very happy. She looked like it though earlier, at the park and after that. Before the reminder of her dad.

And I couldn't help but wonder, where is her dad?

Is he gone? Or did he leave Chorong and her mom? I have this urge to ask, but I didn't.

"Hey," I said. "Is the other cup for me?"

She grinned. "Maybe it's for your clothes." she replied with sarcasm.

I frowned. "My clothes thank you."

She turned around and grabbed two cups of coffee, then she handed one to me. "To warm you up." She said.

"Thanks."

And then we were quiet. All I could hear was the sound of the rain outside and the leaking of her faucet. "Wow, that's a bad leak." I said.

She looked at the faucet. "Oh yeah. I've totally forgotten about calling a plumber. It's been like that for days."

I nodded. "Do you want me to fix it?"

Her eyes widened. "You can?"

I placed the cup of coffee on the counter and walked towards the sink. I checked on the faucet before saying, "I think I could fix it."

"Ohmygoshㅡdo you mind? I mean, if it's okay to you, I'd be so grateful!"

"With a price."

"Name it."

I grinned. "I'll think about it later."

"As long as you won't ask me something ridiculous, you have a deal."

"Do you have tools?"

"Yeah, I think. My dad might have left his tools. I'll be back." she said, turning her back on me. "Or do you wanna come with me?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

#

Chorong's POV

Changsub followed me to the basement where I moved most of dad's things. I have no idea where his tools were but I'm sure they're somewhere here.

The building's basement is huge and dark so I used the flashlight of my phone.

"It feels like something would come out of the dark any second now." Changsub said.

I laughed and hit his shoulder lightly. "Don't scare!"

"Aigoo, is our Chorongie scared of ghosts?"

"Shut up."

He laughed. I kept looking around for a rectangular red box. "My dad used to tinker a lot. He could fix anything that's broken." I told Changsubㅡexcept maybe, our family.

The thoughts of my dad today are ruining the happiness I feel when I'm with Changsub.

"Dads are perfect at these things." He said quietly.

"Yeah."

The flashlight caught the box and I bent down to pick it up. "Here it is." I said.

"Let me carry it."

"Thanks. It's pretty heavy."

But even though Changsub looks a bit thin, he also seems strong. After all, he wouldn't have survived the army if he wasn't strong enough.

We went back to my place and I watched as he goes back to the kitchen. There's something about the fact that he's in my house, wearing pjs and barefoot that increased the beating of my heart.

"If you need help, just tell me." I told him.

I went to the living room and turned on the radio, then I sat by the counter with my warm coffee and I tried not to watch every move Changsub made because it might be creepy, but I couldn't help it. At the moment, he looked so reliable. I grinned to myself and sipped from the coffee.

If Eunji and Namjoo knew there's a man in my house, in his pjs, and he sings like an angel and he has perfect hairㅡthey would flip tables and make every living thing near them deaf with their squeals.

I feel like a bad friend, but maybe I want to keep this memory to myself too.

I went to my room to grab my notebook and a penㅡand when I came out, Beautiful was playing on the radio. A very popular song lately.

Beautiful love,
If I'm with you under the sun
Even just breathing feels good

I've heard that song over and over for the past few months but it's only now that it made me smile.

I looked at Changsub and then back to my notebookㅡmy hand automatically started writing.

An ordinary day became like a movie,
I know that we still don't know,
But will you wait just a littleㅡbaby?

I felt my cheeks heated up after writing the word, BABY. And then I thought, shitshitshitㅡwhat am I writing while thinking ofㅡthis unthinkable thing? God.

I turned the page into a blank one, then I took a deep, deep breath. Changsub and I have different worlds at the moment.

you came to me with the sunlight,
you melted me in one try
your warm eyes,
your pretty smile,
everything's so familiar to meㅡ

"What are you writing that makes you smile like that?" asked Changsub. Suddenly, he's behind me and he's finishing his coffee. My heart beat accelerated. I closed the notebook quickly.

"Nothing!"

He raised an eyebrow. Gosh, don't do that please, I thought. "Nothing? You were obviously writing and smiling!"

"Yeah, it's a song called Nothing."

"Park Chorong, are you kidding me?"

"Nope!" I shook my head way too much.

"This is unfair. I show you my song, our song, I mean."

I smiled widely. "I'll show you when it's done. I'm not sure how it turns out yet."

He nodded. "Okay."

"Are you done with the faucet?" I asked him, placing the notebook on the counter.

"Yeah, it's alright now." He repliedㅡand then my heart skipped a beat. He quickly reached for my notebook.

"Nooo! Lee Changsub! Seriously? You can't do this!" I argued, trying to get the notebook back but he's lifting it up so high and I didn't realize he's this tall before.

"I'm just gonna take a sneak-peek! I'm curious what you were smiling about."

I groaned, glaring at him which made him laugh even more. "That's invasion of privacy!"

"You look like that kid in Minions when you're pissed off." He said.

"What! Aishㅡyouㅡ"

He opened the notebook, pictures and notes between the pages fell. "Just a sneak peek!"

"Please don't do this. I'm mortified."

"Why?" He asked with a chuckle, his dark brown eyes shone as they looked down on me. I realized how close we were so I calmed down, even though my heart won't.

"Please?"

He must have realized this too. My hand is still extended up to the notebook and his hands were still holding it up. He cleared his throat. "Okay, I'm sorry. Here you go,"

My cheeks are on fire. He handed me back the notebook and helped me gather up the notes and pictures.

One of the notes had Moonlight Café written on it so I grabbed it before Changsub could see. He picked up the pictures. "I didn't know you're into photography." He said.

"Kind of. They're for inspiration."

I usually photograph sceneries, like snow in winter, dead trees in fall, cherry blossoms in spring, sunsets in summer, old married couples sitting on a bench, or kids. Random places and strangers.

After that, I walked to my room. He tagged along. I placed the notebook on my table and opened the door wider. "Well, since you're here, maybe I can give you a room tour." I said blushing. If my cheeks could stop the freaking blush, the world would be a better place.

He smiled. "My room is horrible. I just realized that." He said once he's inside. I opened the windows because it felt hot inside. It was still raining. For the first time, I wish it wouldn't stop.

Changsub looked around and then his eyes fixed on my book shelves. "Wow," he said. "You have all these books but you've never read Harry Potter?"

"I know I'm the worst. Stop rubbing it on my face, you nerd."

He grinned sheepishly. My eyes fell on his arm. I gasped. "Ohmygod!"

"What?" He asked, alarmed.

"I didn't notice this before! How didn't I notice this before?"

He looked down where I was looking. "Oh,"

"You have a freaking tattoo." I stated.

"Yeah."

"A freaking awesome tattoo."

"Thanks." He said, smiling.

"May I see it closer?"

"Of course." He said, lifting his arm.
His tattoo says: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God.

A smile slowly curved my lips. "I love it." I said and I meant it. I looked up and he's smiling to me, too. I almost took a step back. "Thanks." he said softly. "Your room is nice." He added.

"Thanks." I said, almost a whisper. I don't know why we're talking as if these things were a secret.

#

Changsub's POV

Maybe I want to kiss Park Chorong, but I won't. We're friends and I'm not sure what I feel about her.

We headed back to the living room and she brought some snacks and drinks before she turned off the radio, and turned on the TV.

On my phone, Eunkwang's texting me where I am.

➡ WHERE R U?
➡ THERES NO ONE AT THE SHOP. IM HEADING OUT. MUSICAL PRACTICE.
➡ SEOB-AH???

I looked at Chorong beside me and typed a reply.
Close it.

At first, we tried to watch but nothing ever registered in my brain and I think she felt the same so we started talking, ignoring the whole thing that's happening on the TV.

"Let's play a game!" I said.

"What?"

"Truth or drink."

She chuckled. "Nooo!"

"Yeees!"

"Okay. You have Sungjae to call if you get drunk."

"Right."

I threw out the first question almost easily, maybe because it's been hanging at the edge of my tongue. "Where's your dad?"

She swallowed hesitantly. "Literally, I have no idea. But if you mean why he's not here right nowㅡhe left us. He has a different family now."

I looked down. "I'm sorry."
Suddenly, I felt like one of those people in funerals who couldn't think of other things to say but I'm Sorry.

She forced a tight smile. "I'm OK."

And even though we haven't known each other for a long time, I knew she was lying. Her smile and her eyes give her away.

I shook her hair with a smile and then slowly, I pulled her in a hug. As if we've done this a thousand times, everything felt so natural. Chorong buried her face in my chest and then I felt her shoulder shake as she cried silently. Suddenly, I wish my embrace could take all her pain away.

I caressed her hair with my hand. "You know what?" I asked, not waiting for her reply, I continuedㅡ"After my mom and Bomi, you're the strongest person I've ever known."

She pulled away, not meeting my eyes. I looked at her and I knew something was growing inside meㅡand I can't keep on ignoring it forever, but I'm terrified. So terrified. "I wish I could be like you." I told her with a small smile and then I wiped the tears off her face with my hands.

And when her lips curved up into a smile, I forgot about being terrified again.

#

A/N: This chapter was getting longer! I was like, omfg how am I suppose to end this? Haha. It was out of control. Seriously. It just kept on going. XD

I hope you liked this chapter! Please don't forget to leave feedbacks. ♡
Thank youuuu~

Also, please follow my Instagram: heymellowrites

--

This is what I was trying to describe, Chorong was wearing. XD

Changsub's tattoo. ♡

If you thought you'd get a kiss scene on this chapter, you were obviously wrong. XD
But hey! Isn't it lovely to watch their friendship and love grow slowly? <3

▪▪

Sorry for not updating at 12am KST! I didn't have time to edit.

I might start updating less next week though :( [Like I've said before I'm running out of drafts]

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE SONGS I ATTACH ON EACH CHAPTER :") And get all the changrong feelsss. Hahaha

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

5.8K 352 26
"𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵" "𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘦" Depression, disorders, family problems, what more do you want? Ten teenagers with all th...
224K 12.4K 50
❝Don't play with my feelings Lee Heeseung.❞ I painfully stopped my voice from breaking as I looked away not wanting to see that man's face. ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫...
1.3K 98 15
"welcome to jjong's twilight coffee shop ,what would you like to have?" - Park Jongseong "Well is the cutie taking the...
306K 12.4K 66
❝𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦...❞ A story about a girl who has a crush on the school's heartthrob ever since...