Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 41

152K 7.4K 4.7K
By SianaghGallagher

"Jacob," Hunter spoke slowly when his eyes started growing. "Don't freak out, we don't actually know yet."

Flora turned to see him slowly beginning to panic.

"Hey now love, if someone said that to me I'd be ecstatic. I know you're not used to any of this but it's about time you start being in the right mindset," She walked over and took his hands. She felt them beginning to tremble and wondered why someone who was so fragile received such a precious gift. Obviously, it is for a reason and she had no right to question it. "Allowing those negative thoughts will eat away at your positive ones. What's stressing you out about this?"

Jacob stared into her soulful eyes. He tried listening to her words but he was feeling like a thin layer of ice. If any pressure was applied, he would crumble in seconds.

"I just want to be human," He whispered. "This feels like too much."

Hunter connected his fingers together and studied him. He was holding a lot on his shoulders and he wished that they could share the load.

"Being introduced to our world is the most amazing opportunity you will ever receive," Flora beamed and squeezed his hands. "I understand that you entered it on bad terms," She turned and glared at her grandson. Hunter sighed and glared back. "But we're all here to guide you through it. You are very special and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you were never just a human, or if one at all."

Flora let him go and sat down at the table. She helped herself to a biscuit and left her words circling in Jacob's head. Was he never human? His whole body suddenly felt like a chaotic mystery. Hunter's mind was blown up by a series of tense thoughts, all coming from his mate.

He quickly walked over and took his arms.

"Calm down," He whispered. Jacob frowned, he barely heard him. His mind was on fire, how could he have never been a simple human? Where are the explanations and the proof? Why was everyone else so calm about this when he couldn't cope with the simple idea of it? "It's really not that bad. I mean, it is just a theory-"

"It's not that bad?" Jacob frowned. His patience had snapped. "Are you being serious?"

"Yes," Hunter rested a hand on his shoulder but he pushed it away. "Jacob please don't be like this."

"What? Why do you all expect me to be fine? I changed into a wolf today. I shot you with an electric thing and you say it's not that bad? You know how I feel, why do you not care?"

"I do care, that's a little unfair. We don't know what's happening to you so the only thing we can tell you to do is to stay calm and try to get used to it. Don't get angry at me, I'm only trying to help."

"Why do I have to be your mate?" Jacob sighed and rubbed his eyes.

Hunter crossed his arms and stared at him with no emotion.

"Would you rather just forget about it all?" He sounded hurt.

"Yes I would," Jacob snapped and looked around for his shoes. "I would rather think that I was crazy with a voice in my head than be dragged into this," He pulled on his shoes as Hunter watched, not really knowing what to do.

When his mate turned to leave, he grabbed his arm but Jacob tensed and pulled away.

"I have no idea who I am. I have no idea where my life is going and I have no control over anything," Jacob was angry and he couldn't keep it hidden. "Now I have to go home and pretend like everything is fine. Do you know how hard that is?"

"You don't have to go home just yet, not when you're this mad," Jacob's eyes were building up a storm and Hunter didn't like that they were aiming right at him. "Just take a breath, you've been through a lot."

"Yes, I have been through a lot," Sorrow rose in his eyes, but only for a moment. "And it's your fault. I don't feel like I can forgive you for any of it. You dragged me through hell just because you were too scared about what your parents would think. You're pathetic Hunter."

Jacob turned with a deep frown and stormed towards the door. Hunter didn't try to stop him, he felt like he had been stabbed in the heart.

Anthony, Margo and Flora turned to look at him when the front door slammed shut. He looked very anguished and he felt like he had been stamped on all over his body. But he was angry too.

"You know what," He muttered and stormed towards the door. "You can't say that to me."

"Hunter," Anthony yelled but he stomped down the steps and followed his mate.

"How dare you call me pathetic," He growled when Jacob turned. They were both glaring at each other. "I've tried so hard to be here for you and you've just thrown it back in my face."

"You haven't helped me, you've made it worse," Jacob ran a hand through his hair. "I feel sick at the thought of going home after my body changed. All you do is express how attracted you are to me. You don't care about how I really feel at all-"

"How can you say that?" Hunter yelled. "I care so much. It hurts me when you struggle and I can't stand it when you're sad. I've given you so much and even some space to allow this to process. Why are you being so horrible to me? I've apologised and you know how terrible I feel. It's not fair to blame everything on me, I can't help that you were born with these qualities."

Jacob's eyes studied him hard. He didn't know why, but sometimes this happens. He felt so worthless and he was so done with life that everything started to lose its meaning. He started pushing things that he cares about away because he didn't feel good enough. The werewolf's world was too great for a lonely loser like him.

He then turned and started walking away. Everything was silent and he stopped caring about what he was doing. He just had to walk and not stop until he stopped hurting.

"Jacob?" Hunter frowned and started to march after him but his dad held him back.

"Just let him go," He said softly. "Your pack will follow him and keep him safe."

"But-"

"No Hunter," He spoke sternly. "You both need to calm down."

* * * * *

Jacob stood outside his house. His heart was beating fast and he was still in a horrible mindset. He had started to feel guilty about saying bad things to Hunter and starting an unnecessary argument. He looked down to his hands and sighed with sadness. Hunter had switched off their mind link because they continued to argue even when he was walking home.

He felt very lonely, yet he couldn't help but think that he deserved it.

He took a big breath of air and opened the front door. He could hear talking and his parent's cars were on the drive, indicating that everyone was home.

He swallowed his fear when his mother walked out of the kitchen with a pie in her hands. Jacob's belly growled but now was not the time to think about food. She glanced at him with a surprised smile until her eyes examined his body and the smile started to fade.

"Hi son, I um... I didn't think you'd be back today."

"What are you frowning at?" He questioned quietly. He was fidgeting with his fingers and wishing that he wore a hoody.

"Well... I just-"

"Jacob?" Scott questioned with the same surprised smile. However, his eyes were examining him with uncertainty. "You're back... sooner than expected." He was obviously distracted by something.

"What are you both frowning at?"

"Well... have you had a growth spurt or something?" His dad questioned, not remembering him being quite that big and quite that tall. 

"No," Jacob shrugged. "Well, I don't know, maybe a little."

Grace shrugged it off. The pie in her hands was starting to get too hot to hold.

"Are you staying? We're just about to put dinner on the table," She beamed and hurried to place it down.

Scott continued to stare at him.

"Your grandparents are still here, why are you back early?" He asked kindly but found it unusual to look up to him.

Jacob pursed his lips. He didn't know what to say and it felt weird for his dad's eyes to be slightly judging him for the first time in his life.

"We had an argument."

This seemed to distract Scott's mind instantly.

"Did you? Was it a serious one? You haven't broken up have you?"

Jacob shook his head.

"We haven't broken up. But it was mainly my fault, I started it."

Scott sighed and rested a hand on his shoulder. His eyes examined his body again but he didn't mention anything.

"Best to give it another hour or two. Then I suggest calling him. If you feel like you need to apologise, then do just that. Don't let it stay tense between you both, okay?"

Jacob nodded. He has never received relationship advice from his parents and it felt really good to know that they are here for him.

"Thanks, dad," He mumbled.

Scott smiled, he understood him completely.

"Right, do you want some food?"

"Yes, I'm really hungry."

"As always," He chuckled as they made their way to the dining table but Jacob froze when he saw Alisha sitting next to his brother. His heart thumped and he tensed. His grandparents and William frowned and looked him up and down. His change was obvious but they didn't quite know why.

Alisha glared at him for a split second before he quickly looked away, not liking it one bit.

"U-Um, actually, I'm going to pass on food," He mumbled and quickly walked out. Scott heard his footsteps make their way upstairs.

Jacob quickly shut his bedroom door behind him and flopped onto his bed. He sighed, thankful that he was out of any human interactions but he quickly shuddered at that thought. He couldn't get used to the theory of him not being a full human. It was just crazy.

He rolled onto his back but suddenly, he started to hear that high pitched static noise, ringing in his ears.

"No," He breathed and quickly sat up. He pushed himself into the corner of his bed and closed his eyes. "Please, please don't change."

The noise grew louder and he started to feel the energy once more. He rocked slightly and covered his ears, trying to fight it but he didn't know how.

Just then, his whole body felt completely different and the static noise stopped as quickly as it came. He opened his eyes to find himself much closer to the bed.

He looked down and saw paws instead of hands. He had changed into his wolf form.

Instant panic ran through him and he pushed himself further into the corner of the bed.

"Oh god, what do I do!?" But Hunter wasn't listening and he wasn't around to calm him down. His little pup body started to shake and his tail fell in between his legs, just like last time. He let out a little whimper because he could no longer speak.

How was he supposed to change back?

Just when he thought about hiding under the bed, his bedroom door opened.

His head snapped up and his heart skipped a beat. His dad entered with a plate full of food.

"Jacob, I know you're hungry so I-" He stopped when he found himself staring at a little puppy instead of his son. He pulled down his green framed glasses and looked at it with an intense stare. He saw how it was absolutely terrified.

Scott quickly put the plate down and walked over. He sat down gently, not wanting to frighten it. He looked behind him to make sure nobody else had followed him upstairs before tenderly lifting it up and placing it on his lap. He gently began to stroke its ears that were flat to its head with fear.

His eyes were very concerned when the little pup let out another small whimper.

"It's alright," He soothed with a very calming tone. "Don't be scared... Jacob."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 42.4K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
5M 127K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...
159K 6.5K 44
Highest Rankings: #1 Interracial #2 LGBT/LGBTQ #2 Gay #2 highschool #3 Wattpride #5 Boyxboy #17 ManxMan Mason Moore and Mark Tyler have been friends...
21.2M 732K 40
Highest Ranking: #1 in Werewolf Watty's 2015 Winner: Talk of the Town 11/23/15 "Literally the best werewolf book I've ever read." -@itsroma "*rereads...