Fake || a kth and jjk ff

By eggobap

In which two strangers with problems decide to "marry" each other out of mutual benefit. Taehyung is only sup... More

|| one ||
|| two ||
|| three ||
|| four ||
|| five ||
|| six ||
|| seven ||
|| eight ||
|| nine ||
|| ten ||
|| eleven ||
|| twelve ||
|| thirteen ||
|| fourteen ||
|| fifteen ||
|| sixteen ||
|| seventeen ||
|| eighteen ||
|| nineteen ||
|| twenty ||
|| twenty-one ||
|| twenty-two ||
|| twenty-three ||
|| twenty-four ||
|| twenty-five ||
|| twenty-six ||
|| twenty-eight ||
|| twenty-nine ||
|| thirty ||
|| epilogue ||

|| twenty-seven ||

5.6K 336 159
By eggobap

Jungkook and Taehyung spent the night under the stars, making love until the sun rose. They went for breakfast before the elder drove the younger back to his parents' house.

Tae turned to face Jungkook once they were parked in the driveway. "I feel like I should walk you to the door," he teased, taking the younger's hand in his.

Jungkook chuckled. "Trust me, you don't want to do that right now."

Taehyung's smile fell. "Then maybe I should go with you. You shouldn't have to deal with the fallout from last night on your own."

Jungkook leaned over and kissed him, his lips lingering on Tae's. "I love that you want to protect me from my mother. But I think it's time I started standing up for myself."

"Does that mean you don't want to go through with the wedding?"

Jungkook paused, studying his face. "No, as strange as it sounds, now that I'm used to the idea, I kind of want to do it. What about you?"

Taehyung didn't answer him for several seconds. "I want what you want, Jungkook. From here on out, you're calling all the shots. You want to have the wedding, we'll do it. If you change your mind and decide to say screw it all and hop on a train back to Seoul, we can do that too." He hesitated and swallowed. "And if you decide you don't want to see me again, you only have to text me and tell me to go to hell."

Jungkook forced a smile. "I can't break it off. I don't have your number." How could that be? How could he have experienced so much with this man and still not have his cell phone number? Maybe because they had spent nearly every minute together.

"Give me your phone."

The younger dug it out of his pocket and turned it on, entering his password before handing it to Tae.

Taehyung entered his number and gave the phone back to Jungkook. "See you at our wedding."

Jungkook reached for the door handle, but the elder grabbed his arm and pulled him back, kissing the younger as though he was never going to see him again. "Tae, you're scaring me."

"Maybe that's because I'm scared, Jungkookie."

"Tell me what Namjoon-hyung's going to tell me."

Tae shook his head. "I want you to decide for yourself."

Jungkook got out and walked to the house, checking his phone before he walked through the door—there were multiple missed calls and voice mails from his mother, as well as calls, texts, and messages from Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi and his brother. And there was one text from Taehyeon.

Call me.

He pressed delete. He never wanted to hear from that asshole again.

The front door opened before his hand could reach the knob.

"Where have you been?" His mother's voice was icy. "I've been worried sick about you. I was about to call the police."

"The police? Why would you call the police?"

"Taehyung punched his brother in the face, then dragged you to off to God knows where. I was frightened for you, Jungkook..." His mother's voice broke.

She really had been worried.

Jungkook pushed his shock aside and wrapped his mother in a hug. "I'm sorry, Mom. I'm fine. We both just needed to get away. I was getting cold feet, and Taehyung knew I needed some time alone with him to sort everything out." He shut the door behind him, then hastened his mother into the living room, where Gran sat munching from a box of fiber cereal.

They'd only just walked in when Jimin stalked in from the kitchen, a coffee cup in his hand. He set it down on the end table next to the sofa. "Did he threaten you?" he demanded of Jungkook, the veins on his neck bulging.

Jungkook released his hold on his mother and turned to look at Jimin. "What? No!"

"I don't see what all the fuss is about," Gran said, still crunching on her cereal. "So Jungkook wanted to have one last night as a single man." She grabbed another handful. "You can't blame him for wanting wild, single sex."

Knickers' face turned beet-red. "Mother!"

"Gran," Jungkook laughed. "I don't think it counts if you're having wild, single sex with the man you're marrying."

Jimin looked even angrier. "I do not want to hear about my little brother's wild sex. Especially with that violent asshole."

Jungkook shook his head. "Tae would never hurt me. His brother did something related to their business that he saw as a betrayal."

"Their business?" he asked, incredulous. "I thought he was a financial director. Does he own the freaking company?"

Oh, crap.

Gran continued, oblivious to the change in topic. "I heard something on the news about how all you kids are into BS stuff because of that Fifty Shades book. I read it, you know." She lifted her eyebrows at Jungkook, grabbing another handful of cereal. "Are you and Taehyung into whips and colored rooms?"

"Mother!" Knickers gasped in shock.

Jungkook began to laugh, despite his horror. He cast a glance at Jimin, who looked close to losing his breakfast. "It's BDSM, not BS, although some people might call it that too." Jungkook tried to get serious. "You really don't expect me to discuss my sex life with Tae in front of my mother, do you?"

Gran shoved some of the cereal in her mouth. "It might loosen her up. Maybe she and your father should try it."

"Gran!" Jimin shouted.

She shrugged, reaching into the box again. "I'm just saying a little spice in the bedroom might loosen her up. Or she could put some of those contraptions in the basement. There's room for a dungeon down there."

Jungkook burst into laughter.

"Although I'm worried Seongjin might get carpal tunnel if he uses a whip." Gran lifted up her hand and began to flick her wrist, mimicking the motion.

"Mother!" Knickers shouted.

Gran gave one last wave of her hand and cereal went flying across the room, a piece of it hitting Knickers in the face.

"Oww!" she screamed, covering her face. "My eye."

"Mother," Jungkook groaned. "Don't be so dramatic. It was a piece of cereal."

"It was a piece of cereal that hit my eye." She staggered past a chair as tears streamed down her cheek. "I need to wash it out." But as she stumbled across the floor, her foot slid on a piece of loose cereal on the wood slats, and she knocked her shoulder into the kitchen doorjamb. Releasing a loud cry, she started to fall.

Jimin hurried over to her to keep her on her feet, but she cried out again.

"Mother?" Jungkook asked, running over to her. "Are you okay?"

But as soon as he reached her, he knew she wasn't okay. Her shoulder was sticking out at a weird angle. "Dad!" he shouted, then looked up at Jimin. "Where's Dad?

Jimin's eyes bugged out and his face turned pale. "I...I..."

Jungkook groaned. "Don't you wimp out on me and pass out, hyung. I haven't forgotten what happened when we were kids and I needed stitches in my hand."

"If you pass out, fall that way," Gran said, waving her hand to show him where to fall. More cereal spread across the floor. "It would be better if your head hits the overstuffed chair than the coffee table."

"Put that cereal away!" Jimin shouted, probably in an attempt to take attention off himself. "It's a deadly weapon!"

"Nobody's passing out," Knickers said through gritted teeth. "And your father's at the store getting me a pair of pantyhose."

"No one wears pantyhose anymore, Mother," Jungkook said as he led his mother to a chair.

"I wear pantyhose."

"I rest my case. Jimin-hyung," Jungkook said, turning to look at him once his mother was settled. "Call Dad. We have to take her to the hospital. I'd do it, but Tae has my car."

Jimin looked livid. "You gave him your car?"

"He has to get to the church somehow. Besides, in ten hours or so, it'll be his car too."

Jimin scowled at the reminder, then glanced at his mother and turned a shade of pale gray.

Jungkook's mother tried to wave her hand and cried out in pain. She glanced up at Jungkook with one eye. The other was bright red and squinted shut. "No one is going to the hospital."

"Mother! Your shoulder looks like a Barbie doll part popped out of it socket. You have to go to the hospital."

"I don't have time for that. There's too much to do."

Jungkook glared at Jimin. "Call Dad!"

Jimin stood next to the front door, peering through the side window and looking like he was preparing to bolt. "I don't have to. His car just pulled up."

Moments later, the front door opened and Jungkook's father stood in the doorway, his gaze landing on the group. "What happened?"

"Mother dislocated her shoulder. She needs to go the hospital."

His mother shook her head, gritting her teeth. "I don't have time to go to the hospital."

Seongjin took one look at his wife's shoulder and his face turned ashen.

"You can't pass out, Dad!"

His mother narrowed her one good eye. Leave it to her to make a one-eyed squint look intimidating.

His father took a deep breath. "I'm okay."

Taking in his pale complexion, Jungkook wasn't so sure. "We have to get her to the hospital."

"I'm not—" Jungkook's mom started to say.

"Yes, you are!" Jungkook shouted. "Now shut up and come out to the car with us."

His mother looked shocked, as did everyone else in the room. No one spoke to Jeon Ae-ri that way.

"Now is not the time to be stubborn! If you try to go to the wedding like this, you'll gross everyone out. If you go to the hospital now, you'll probably be there in time to help me get dressed."

"I... okay."

Jungkook blinked, sure he'd heard his mother wrong, but decided to trust his hallucination. "Okay, then. Dad and hyung, get her to the car. Mother, what else needs to be done for the wedding?"

As his father and brother lifted the unwilling invalid out of her chair and led her to the door, Jungkook walked beside them.

Knickers grimaced as she hobbled along with their support. "We need to make sure the cake gets delivered and that the orchestra sets up on the west side and not the east. The staff at the Chosan can handle both of those things. Just make sure everything goes according to plan."

"I can do that."

"You need to be at the church two and a half hours early. It's in the itinerary, but I know you didn't read it."

For once, Jungkook wished he had.

"The hairdresser will be there at one." They led her out the door and down the sidewalk. "Be sure to eat, Jungkook. You'll probably be too excited and nervous to eat, but otherwise you'll get lightheaded standing up there so long for the ceremony."

"Okay, Mother."

As Seongjin sprinted around the car to climb into the driver's seat, Jimin helped Jungkook's mom get settled in the passenger's seat. She gripped Jungkook's hand. "I'm so sorry, honey. I wanted this day to be perfect for you, but I've ruined everything."

Jungkook squatted next to her. "You didn't ruin anything, Mother. It is going to be perfect. I promise."

She nodded, tears now streaming from her good eye too.

Jungkook gave her a kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you in a few hours."

Jimin and Jungkook watched the car drive away, both in shock.

"Did what I think just happened really happen?" Jimin asked.

"Which part?"

"The whole convoluted mess."

"Yep." Jungkook grabbed Jimin's arm and pulled him toward the house. "Come on, we have work to do."

"We?"

"You don't think I can do everything by myself, do you?"

"So you're really going to marry this guy?"

Jungkook stopped on the front porch. "I know you're looking out for me, and you have no idea how wonderful that makes me feel, but Tae isn't the man you think he is. Take everything you knew about Kang Taehyeon from all my insinuations and unsaid truths and toss them out the window. Tae is not that man."

Jimin's eyes narrowed. "Why not?"

"I hope to explain it to you later, but for now you'll have to trust me." Jungkook took a deep breath, then poked a finger into Jimin's chest. "I'm marrying Tae this afternoon, so let this evil plot to stop my wedding end now."

"Damn straight," Gran said from the sofa through the open front door.

Jungkook leaned toward the elder and whispered, "And you're in charge of making sure Gran wears clothes to the wedding."

"Eww!"

"And it has to be that pink suit Mother picked out. I need a shower." Jungkook headed for the staircase as Jimin continued his protests and shut himself in his room, feeling better about himself than he had in a long time. While he was in the shower, washing his hair and reliving the shower he'd taken with Taehyung, a new thought occurred to him. If he was actually going to go through with this wedding, he should wear what he wanted... no matter how much of his heard-earned money he had to spend on it. When he finished, he toweled off and pulled up the bridal shop's number on his cell phone.

"Hi," he said when the salesperson answered. "This is Jeon Jungkook. I came in a couple of times this week to try on my tux and get alterations."

"Oh, yeah, I remember you. Your mother is the dragon lady."

Jungkook hesitated. He understood why the woman felt that way, but after seeing a more human side to his mother, he felt indignant on her behalf. "Yeah," he finally said. "That's her... Anyway, my mother changed my original order."

"Oh, I know."

"Okaaay..." Jungkook took a deep breath. "Do you know if it's still there? I'd like to buy it."

"But you already have a tux. I was assured you picked it up yesterday."

"I know, but I want to know if you have the other one. I realize I can't exchange it. I just want to buy it."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon," the salesperson said, her voice thick with regret. "We sold it."

Jungkook let the words sink in. "Are you sure? I just tried it on yesterday."

"Oh, yes. That tux is pretty famous here. It was sold this morning."

This morning? Why hadn't he thought to buy it yesterday? But all the regret in the world wouldn't change the fact the tuxedo was gone. "Okay. Well...thank you."

"Have a good day," the salesperson said before she hung up.

Jungkook sat down on the edge of his bed. Sold. It was such a final word, but he told himself not get upset. He was determined to make this the best fake wedding ever. It sure was expensive enough to qualify.

Namjoon continued to call him multiple times. He knew avoiding the calls wasn't the best idea, but he was terrified to hear what his friend had to say and wanted to put off the conversation for as long as possible.

Jungkook fed them all sandwiches that his mother had prepared and stored in the refrigerator, then he and Jimin loaded the elder's car with his wedding attire, shoes, and a change of clothes for after the reception. Jungkook wondered if he'd forgotten anything and suddenly wished his mother were around to oversee it all. The thought shocked him enough that he fumbled with the door handle as he put Gran in the front passenger seat.

Jungkook was squished into the back seat next to the tuxedo bag, which inevitably made him think of his mother. His father had called not long ago to tell them his mother hadn't even been seen by a doctor yet, and now Jungkook was worried his parents wouldn't make the wedding at all.

They rode in silence all the way to the beach, even Gran staying remarkably quiet. When they pulled into the back parking lot, Jimin helped Gran out as Jungkook gathered his things. As soon as he had everything, he started toward the changing room.

"Kookie, wait up," a voice called out from behind him.

Butterflies flapped in his stomach. "I don't want to fight with you anymore, Jimin-hyung."

Jimin shook his head. "No more fighting."

"Really?"

"Well," a teasing grin lit up his face. "Not all fighting."

Jungkook grinned back. "Good."

"I just wanted you to know that I've thought about what you said, and I've decided to respect your decision. If you want to marry that asshat, I'll let you."

"There are so many things wrong with what you just said." Jungkook laughed. "But I'll take it." He kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks."

The younger took off for the dressing room, one of the rooms in the walk-out basement under the chapel, grateful to discover he was the first to arrive. After his morning, he needed a few moments to himself.

The room was furnished with a sofa and several wingback chairs that faced a wall of windows overlooking the vibrant private beach. A full-length mirror stood in one corner, and Jungkook knew the door across the room led to a bathroom. He sat in one of the wingback chairs and stared out a window, trying to let the peaceful setting settle his unrest.

"Jungkook?"

He turned around to see Gran standing in the doorway. She looked older than usual in the Pepto-Bismol suit Knickers had chosen.

"Can I come in?"

Jungkook hopped out of his seat and crossed the room. "Gran. Of course. I'm glad you're here." He helped the older woman into the chair next to his and they sat together, taking in the view.

"It's a beautiful day for your wedding," Gran finally said.

"Isn't it?" Jungkook sighed. The sun shone bright in the sky, and the temperature was comfortable in the shade, which would be perfect for the outdoor reception later. He almost wished it were for real.

Gran released a sigh. "I'm sorry I ruined everything for you. Your mother..."

Jungkook hugged his grandmother's arm and leaned his head on her shoulder. "Gran, you didn't ruin anything. Think of the stories we'll tell."

Gran chuckled. "Your mother will never let me live it down."

"True," Jungkook laughed. "And it will be awesome."

"I know you two have your differences, but a man should have his parents with him on his wedding day."

"They'll get here in time. I know it."

The older woman fingered her pearls, then smoothed an imaginary wrinkle from her skirt. "There's a reason your mother acts this way, you know." Jungkook sat up and turned to face the older woman, who patted his hand. "I kept hoping she'd tell you herself one day, but she never did. She can hardly admit it to herself." She swung her gaze to the sea. "You wonder why you never saw your Uncle Kiha again... I know your mother told you some ridiculous story about a fight over toilet paper." Her mouth lifted into a weak smile.

Jungkook took his grandmother's hand in his own, sensing what she had to tell him would be bigger than he ever anticipated.

"It wasn't true, of course. Kiha was always interested in your father, but Seongjin only had eyes for your mother. I hoped Kiha would get over his infatuation, and I honestly thought it had died down. But one day when you were eleven, your mother came home and found your father and Kiha together."

"Together?" Jungkook asked in confusion, then horrified understanding set in. "Oh, no."

Gran nodded. "They were in your mother's bed." She took a deep breath and released it. "Your mother was devastated. She saw it as the ultimate betrayal. Her brother and her husband in her own bed. You and Jimin came and stayed with your grandpa and me for a week, remember?"

"Yeah..."

"That's when it happened. Your mother didn't take it well, as you can imagine. She and your father vowed to stay together, and your father was truly sorry. He did his best to make it up to her, giving her anything and everything she wanted. He still does. But Ae-ri was certain he'd cheated on her because she wasn't enough. Since that day, she's tried her best to be perfect, and she's made herself and everyone around her miserable in the process."

Jungkook closed his eyes, fighting back tears. "I can't believe Dad cheated on her. Especially with a guy."

"He's always sworn it was a one-time thing, and I believe him. Kiha was a lot like your Hobi."

Jungkook started to protest, but Gran squeezed his hand. "No, Hoseok would never try to steal someone's partner, especially from someone he cares about. But Hoseok catches people's attention without even trying." She sighed. "Kiha was like that too. Only he had no scruples. Seongjin wasn't the first married man he went after and I'm sure he wasn't the last. As his mother, I tried to ignore it for many years. Until Ae-ri." She was silent for a moment. "Kiha had tried to snag your father since your mother first brought him home. I'm sure he just happened to catch him at a weak moment." Her voice turned stern. "I'm in no way condoning what your father did, but I do believe he regretted it."

"Yeah, because he was caught," Jungkook said in disgust.

"Maybe. Maybe not. But he truly loves your mother."

"Poor Mother." Jungkook could sympathize with his mother after Taehyeon's betrayal. Now he wished he'd come clean weeks ago. "And she really hasn't spoken to Uncle Kiha since?"

"No, and Kiha died in an accident several years ago, so they never had a chance to reconcile." She released a heavy sigh. "She loves you, Jungkook. She just has a hard time letting anyone close now. She's always waiting for them to betray her."

Had his mother viewed many of Jungkook's decisions as betrayals?

"And please don't hold this against your father. Even though this is news to you, it happened nearly ten years ago. Water under the bridge for both of them. Trust me, he's more than paid for his crime." Gran climbed to her feet, releasing a groan. "I didn't get a chance to do my au naturel yoga yesterday, and today I'm all stiff."

Jungkook's mouth lifted in a small grin despite his emotional stew.

"Jungkook," Gran turned and paused. "The boy you're marrying today is better than the one you were supposed to marry."

Jungkook stood, sure he'd heard his grandmother wrong. "What?"

She gave Jungkook an ornery grin. "I know that man isn't Kang Taehyeon. I talked to that idiot several months ago on the phone. The man you're marrying today isn't him."

Jungkook started to protest, but what was the point? "How long have you known?" he asked in shock.

"Since I met him at the train station."

"And you didn't say anything?"

Gran shrugged, then hobbled to the door. "I wanted to see how it played out." She paused at the doorway. "I could tell he was a good man, and I figured you'd come clean eventually."

"We're not really getting married, Gran. It's all a misunderstanding. I was afraid to tell Mother I broke up with Taehyeon. She'd spent so much money—"

"You don't have to explain. But I hope you don't give that boy up after this wedding." She winked. "He does have a very nice tush."

Jungkook started to assure her that he had no plans to let Taehyung go, then stopped himself. He needed to save the assurances for after Namjoon dropped his bombshell.

He only hoped his heart wasn't blown to pieces when Namjoon was done.

-----

A/N: i don't remember if i ever said that taehyeon cheated on jungkook w a girl, but that what happened. and then taehyeon was like,,, 'i'm actually straight--' and then they broke up (just an fyi bc putting this in would take a lot of editing past chapters).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 5.8K 47
Just when Seokjin was happily being independent, someone had to suddenly enter his life with different intentions that would surely change his perspe...
104K 4.3K 42
A innocent child hood game which with growing age has growing boundaries. Taehyung and Jungkook both end up moving in with each other to pursue a bu...
91.9K 3.9K 61
"Sometimes, love comes in the least expected place, in the least expected ways." A Namjin Fanfic๐Ÿ’œ Started: May 1st, 2019 Completed: April 2nd, 2020 ...
66.6K 1.5K 17
'๐ผ ๐“€๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ ๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“๐’น ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“€๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐“…๐“‡๐‘’๐“‰๐“‰๐“Ž ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡๐“ˆ ๐“ˆ๐’ฝ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“Š๐“…~' ...