Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 36

165K 7.3K 5.5K
By SianaghGallagher

"Are you sure you can't see it?" Jacob asked while they stood outside his front door. They had walked from Hunter's house which took them just under two hours.

"I'm sure. There's only a tiny scar but it's really not noticeable," Hunter reassured him before he opened the door and entered his home.

Jacob could hear his brother talking to someone and he really prayed that it wasn't Alisha. He took off his shoes and placed them neatly out of the way. Hunter was starting to find that cute and he wasn't really sure why.

They both then held their breath and entered the living-room. Hunter quickly released it to see William on his phone but it dawned on him that he'd be able to smell Alisha if she was here. Although, his mate's scent is so strong to him that it easily dominates any other smell.

William took the phone from his ear and whispered for Jacob to do the dishes after waving at them. It was still unusual for him to be spending more time with one of his friends than him. Obviously, Jacob was more important to Hunter and he didn't mind that at all. He was very happy for his brother.

Hunter turned and followed him to the kitchen.

"I can dry them and put them away."

"You don't know where anything goes though," Jacob said quietly. Hunter stopped and flashed him a big grin.

"That is a very good point. I'll wash them."

Jacob starting putting things away as Hunter filled the sink with hot water.

Just then, the front door opened and they both stopped for a moment.

"Oh, hey boys," Scott beamed and hung his coat over the back of the door. He examined his son who was in another one of Hunter's hoodies. "How was college today?"

"Okay," Jacob mumbled and dried a plate. Scott looked at Hunter, also expecting him to answer.

"Oh, yeah it was okay too," He smiled. "How was um, work?"

"Boring."

Hunter chuckled and Jacob smiled, making the werewolf double take which Scott saw. He then walked over to make a coffee as the boys continued with their job.

When he sat down at the table, he observed his son and his boyfriend. He wanted to get to know their relationship better and the only way he could do that was watching them in their natural state.

"You know," Hunter said and handed him a pan. "We haven't done very much on this project."

"We have three weeks, it's fine," Jacob said quietly.

"True. And you wanted to know more about the theories which I can help with," He smiled.

Jacob nodded.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm just finding excuses to spend time with you."

Scott smiled but quickly went back to pretending like he wasn't paying attention or listening.

"You don't need excuses."

Hunter passed him a glass with a twinkle in his eyes. However, Jacob's faint look of disapproval didn't allow it to last very long.

"You didn't wash that properly," He mumbled and handed it back.

"That's because you're distracting me."

"It's not hard to wash dishes," Jacob was suppressing a little smile.

Hunter turned with a devilish grin.

"What was that?" He flicked some water, making Jacob flinch.

"Don't do that," He whined but of course, Hunter did it again.

"Is it too gross for you?" Hunter lifted a wet hand and quickly placed it on his chest. "Oh wait... that's my hoody."

Jacob actually laughed causing Hunter's heart to skip a beat. Scott also looked up, that sound was very, very rare. Jacob tried to push Hunter's hand away but he held onto his hoody and pulled him into him.

"You have a great laugh," He beamed and kissed his cheek. Jacob knew he was blushing because his dad was really bad at pretending to mind his own business. Hunter then lightly pinched his cheek, obviously trying to embarrass him in front of his parent. "So cute."

Jacob pulled back with a shy look in his eye.

"Are you nervous about showing affection in front of your family?" Hunter thought.

"Yes."

"I can tone down if you would like me to?"

"No... it's okay. There's no point hiding it. I have to get used to it anyway."

They glanced at each other with the same emotion. Hunter loved how he had truly accepted it and was willing to evolve their relationship.

"Well, we did kiss in front of our seminar class today. I'm happy you didn't freak out."

"Hiding things can get tiring," Jacob watched him in between drying things. "I'm um, getting used to kissing you now."

Hunter smiled to himself.

"I'm really glad."

When the washing was done and put away, Jacob turned to his dad.

"Um, is there anything else that needs to be done?" He questioned quietly.

"No, it's fine. You know your mother, she just freaks out about stuff," Scott smiled. His son nodded and asked if Hunter would like anything to drink. When he politely declined, they wandered out of the kitchen and towards the bedroom.

* * * * *

Almost an hour went by until Grace walked in with her parents behind her. She didn't know if she was excited or not for them to meet Hunter. They didn't know her son was gay and she didn't know what their thoughts were with that kind of stuff.

They greeted Scott and William with happy smiles and warm hugs.

"Where's this girl of yours then?" Williams grandfather asked and nudged his shoulder.

"She couldn't make it," He replied. "But hopefully you'll get to meet her next time." William had been talking to her on the phone when his brother entered. She didn't really give him a reason for her not coming.

Just then, Jacob entered the living room with Hunter who looked a little nervous. However, he hid it well.

"Ah, there he is," Jacob's grandmother pulled him into a loose hug.

"Where have you been hiding? In your room as usual?" His grandfather said and gave his shoulder a pat, knowing he wasn't fond of hugging.

Jacob nodded and started to fidget when his grandmother looked at Hunter.

"Who's this?" She questioned, looking him up and down.

"Well..." Grace's heart thumped against her ribs. She wasn't really sure how to word it. Jacob saw her hesitation and didn't know if she was ashamed or just nervous. Hunter watched her open her mouth and close it again.

It would soon get very awkward so he put an arm around his mate and expressed enough confidence for the both of them.

"I'm Hunter, Jacob's boyfriend."

Jacob felt his pride but he also acknowledged the horrible silence and the growing judgement on his grandparent's faces. He knows they prefer William because they can actually hold a conversation with his brother.

"Sorry, boyfriend?" His grandfather repeated. He had an odd look on his expression while Jacob's senses continued to feel fuzzy. Hearing Hunter saying that about him felt really good.

"Yes," Grace finally found her voice. "Jacob's boyfriend."

This time, Jacob heard her confidence.

"When did this happen?" Her mother glanced at Jacob and she really didn't look pleased. "And why did this happen?"

"What do you mean why?" Scott chuckled with a funny frown.

"Why are you letting him have a relationship with another boy?"

"Because he's gay," Scott crossed his arms. "He's attracted to other men, that's why."

"You're letting your son be attracted to other men? Why?"

Jacob felt Hunter's arm lock tighter around him.

"Mum," Grace frowned. "He can be attracted to whatever gender he likes."

"Well he's not my kid," Her dad sighed. "I always had a feeling he was a weird one."

Hunter glanced at Jacob to see that the light in his eyes had dimmed. He had prepared himself for this, he knew they might be difficult.

"Would now be a good time to ask for a kiss?"

Jacob's jaw clenched slightly. He understood that it was better to be confident in this situation, it was just a little difficult although what did he have to lose? His grandparents didn't really like him anyway.

"Now, is a perfect time."

"He is a bit weird," Hunter smiled and cupped his chin. "But that's just the way I like him."

Jacob's cheeks instantly flushed pink when he brought his face close and delicately kissed him on the lips. He kissed back and closed his eyes. He tried to forget about the fact that everyone was watching and his grandparents probably now hate him a little more.

However, he didn't care all that much. He needed a kiss and Hunter always made him feel a little more relaxed. And he was fed up of people thinking that they know what's best for him.

William didn't think that seeing his brother kiss Hunter would look as natural as it did. Scott and surprisingly Grace tried to hide their smiles.

When their mouths parted, they stayed close and glanced at his grandparents.

"Well as long as you're happy," His grandmother muttered.

"Even if it is unnatural," His grandad sighed and walked past. "Grace, can you put the kettle on? I need a cup of tea."

Grace shook her head with disapproval.

"I'm sorry Jacob. I didn't think-"

"It's fine," He mumbled. "I don't really care."

She squeezed his shoulder and followed her mother through to the kitchen.

"I hate when they visit," Scott mumbled and followed her, earning a chuckle from William.

"At least you're not their favourite child," He said to his brother and flopped down onto the couch. "I have to pretend like I'm interested in what they're saying all the time."

Hunter and Jacob sat down too, feeling glad that the tension was over.

"How long are they staying for?" Jacob asked and dug his hands into his hoody pockets.

"I don't know, a few days I think," William shrugged.

Jacob allowed his head to fall against the back of the couch, that did not put him in a good mood at all. Hunter watched him, knowing he didn't like the sound of that.

"Maybe if I asked your parents, you could stay with me for a day or two?" Hunter suggested. "I mean, there's a huge chance they'll say no but it's worth a try."

"Please, for the love of god, bring me with you," William chuckled and pretended to beg. "But seriously, that's not a bad idea. Would your parents be okay with it Hunter?"

"Yeah, they don't care who stays over."

"So I can come?"

"No."

Jacob released a little smile. He would really like to sleep somewhere other than under the same roof as his grandparents.

"Oh come on."

"No," Hunter grinned. "You can stay at Sam's."

William crossed his arms.

"I barely know Sam."

"He's good company when he's not bouncing off the walls."

"Good to know," William chuckled.

"Will," They then heard Grace yell from the kitchen. "Can you nip to the shop for me?"

He sighed and stood up.

"Fine," He yelled back and walked out of the room.

The silence was bearable this time until Jacob's mind drifted to earlier when he managed to heal in such a ridiculous amount of time.

What was wrong with him?

"There's nothing wrong," Hunter said quietly. "Things like this have reasons for happening. I'm sure we'll find out when the time is right."

"What if more weird stuff happens to me?"

"Then we'll cope with it. You healed a serious head injury within minutes, I'd like to know what's stranger than that."  Hunter gave him a warm smile. He didn't want him constantly freaking out about it. But if he can stay over at his then he can keep him preoccupied.

And if anything else does happen, he's in safe hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 6.3K 12
All Rights Reserved This is a spin-off of my story, The Principal's "STRAIGHT" Mate. This is the story of Nate and Chris. It's going to be very shor...
540K 20.4K 47
A werewolf having a human mate has been engraved in the history of the werewolves. Having a human mate has been forbidden ever since it happened befo...
986K 42.6K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
213K 6.4K 46
"How many times have I told you to stay away from Bella?" "Jacob why are you being difficult?" "I hate you leech just stay away from her. She'll be m...