Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 33

182K 7.6K 6.5K
By SianaghGallagher

This is NOT an mpreg story. You'll see why I had to make this note if you read on! :)
- Sian

"I don't like the fact that Jacob has to walk almost two hours through the woods to get to our home. He's in a lot of danger at the moment," Margo sighed. She watched Hunter's white wolf play fetch with his mate. Jacob had a huge stick and was throwing it far across the field.

Anthony crossed his arms.

"Me too. And I doubt Jacob's parents would let him stay over, they seem like they'd be strict about that kind of thing."

"Don't they get it," Margo said and shook her head. "Love fuels the soul. Human's are so funny about that sort of thing. What's wrong with two young people wanting to make love?"

"You have to remember that werewolf societies are very different. Although, we don't have to worry about Hunter getting his mate pregnant."

Margo looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What? Jacob is a man."

"I'm aware of that. You've heard of the legend though haven't you?" She questioned and wrapped an arm around her husband's waist. "Our gods once had same-sex couple's and he was able to get pregnant. So was Falilo, she is the god of wisdom who was mated with another female."

"Margo, I don't believe in the gods, you know that."

"You should," She sighed. "That's why we have homophobic wolves. They don't believe the gods are real because they accepted same-sex pairings."

"I don't believe and I'm not homophobic," Anthony watched Jacob throw a big stick for Hunter. He had a strong arm. "And the Gods died out hundreds of years ago if they even did exist. But it brings hope to people like you."

Margo looked up to his beautiful grey eyes.

"My gift had to come from somewhere. I'm no god but I require a fragment of one's power. I believe their souls are shared among the wolves. Some are more special than others."

Anthony loved listening to his wife's theories and she did have a point. Nobody knew where her gift came from.

"Well, Hunter's gift is to give off the biggest sex-appeal for his poor mate. Did you see Jacob earlier? He didn't know where to look just because Hunter didn't have his t-shirt on."

"Bless him," Margo chuckled. "He may be innocent but Hunter is gentle. Being with Jacob is teaching him to slow down and consider feelings other than his own. He'll never rush with his mate and it's sweet. He's developing the love before the serious stuff."

Jacob watched as Hunter sprinted back towards him with the stick in his mouth. His tail was wagging with excitement.

"Throw it again!" He didn't know why it was so appealing to chase something, especially from his mate.

"Hunter?" Jacob questioned and picked up the stick. "You know how dogs have masters and stuff who they obey... am I your master?" He had a faint smirk on his lips but he was also genuinely interested.

The white wolf stopped panting and tilted his head to the side. He could feel a few drops of rain on his fur.

"You're not my master."

"But if I told you to do something, would you do it?" Jacob questioned.

"Well, yes. But-"

"Because I'm your master?" Jacob was still quiet but a little cheeky.

Hunter's wolf form stared into his deep chocolate eyes before changing back. Hunter stood up when the rain began to fall a little heavier. He was sweaty from running around the field all afternoon.

He walked over to his mate and stood very close.

"You may be my master in my wolf form, but I'm yours in my human one," His voice was soft and leaked seduction.

Jacob studied his face. There was something about the tone of his voice which made him melt. And there was something about his words which spoke the truth.

Just before they could do or say anything, the heavens opened and the rain poured from the sky.

Jacob gasped and turned to run but Hunter grabbed him and pulled him close once more.

"How romantic, we're kissing in the rain," He smiled.

Jacob frowned.

"But we're not kiss-"

Hunter leant forwards and silenced him by connecting their lips. Jacob's whole body tingled with emotions and excitement. He was so close and they were sharing something so personal.

Before meeting him, the thought of kissing someone filled him with nerves. He knew he wouldn't be good at it. However, he has learnt that it doesn't matter. People gain knowledge through experience which brought him to the questions of what Hunter got up to before meeting him. He seemed pretty experienced.

Hunters arms wrapped around the t-shirt that was quickly clinging to Jacob's body. Their lips moved slowly together while the rain continued to fall hard.

Hunter was pleased, Jacob was following his lead and kissing him. They felt very special to him and he cherished every single one.

"Boys!" They then heard Margo shout from the porch. Jacob pulled back, but only by a centimetre. He wanted to continue. "Come back inside before you get ill!"

Hunter rolled his eyes but kissed his mates lips once more.

"I'm glad you're getting used to these," He whispered.

"Me too." Jacob opened his eyes to see water running down Hunter's olive skin. It was at that exact moment when he saw a shimmer of vulnerability on his face. He didn't look confident and self-assured like he usually does. He looked unguarded and free.

Jacob lifted his hand and placed it gently on his cheek. Hunter opened his eyes in surprise when he felt his thumb run gently along his strong jaw line.

"I know I have trouble expressing myself," He said quietly. "But you can't be the strong one all the time."

Hunter enjoyed showing his raw emotions in front of his mate who is very good at detecting them.

"I know," He whispered and lifted a hand to move some wet hair out of his eyes. "I never thought you would make me feel this way. I would literally do anything for you and I don't even mind. I never thought I'd get to express my feelings like this."

When it really comes down to it, Hunter is a big softy.

"This, um, connection thing is a learning curve for us both I think," Jacob whispered when Hunter's face grew closer.

"It certainly is."

He stole one more kiss in the pouring rain. Jacob wrapped an arm around his shoulders, feeling safe and completely relaxed. Hunter loved how he was finding his confidence and he understood that side of him was his true self. He couldn't wait for him to express it more.

"Boys!" Margo shouted again. "Get inside!"

* * * * *

"Is that your hoody, son?" Grace asked Jacob. It was half eight in the evening and he had been home for only ten minutes. They understood that he spent the rest of the day with Hunter and they were fine with that.

"Um, no," He said quietly and fiddled with the sleeves. "It's Hunter's. We got caught in the rain earlier." It fit him well because they were similar sizes.

"And so he lent you his clothes? That's sweet," She beamed. "Would you like me to wash it for you?"

"No," Jacob said quickly. "I-It's fine." He liked how it smelt of him.

"Alright, I'll wash it when you decided to give it back," She chuckled.

"That's if he ever decides to give it back. My last girlfriend stole like three of my hoodies. She said she liked how it reminded her of me or some rubbish like that."

Scott shook his head with a grin.

"You're not much of a romantic are you son?"

"Not really," William shrugged.

Scott then turned to his other son.

"But Jacob on the other hand," He grinned. "You seem to be the type of romantic who would sleep in that."

Jacob smiled and nodded.

"It smells like him."

William rested a hand on his heart and flopped back onto the couch.

"Girls love it when guys are like that. It's a shame you're gay Jacob because they'd be throwing themselves at you."

Jacob stared at him with blank eyes.

"Guys like it too," He mumbled. He secretly enjoyed Hunter's flirty nature. He liked how he was getting used to thinking about a relationship with a little less innocence. He had to, it's the only way for him to be comfortable enough to take it further.

"I knew you liked it," Hunter's voice was vibrant in his mind. "And there's plenty more to get used to."

"I'm curious," William said and sat forward. "What's Hunter like in a relationship. Is he romantic?"

Jacob nodded.

"In what way?" Grace said and narrowed her eyes.

"He likes hugs and stuff," Jacob mumbled.

"And stuff?" Grace crossed her arms. "Are you talking about lovemaking?"

Jacob's cheeks blazed bright red.

"Mum," William whined. "Who even calls it that?"

"I do. Now answer me son, is that what you're talking about?"

"No," Jacob frowned. "I meant, he prefers physical contact like holding hands, sitting close and um, a kiss or something."

"Grace, chill out," Scott chuckled. "So what if that's what he was talking about. He's seventeen, let him have some fun." Scott understood that when his son is ready, he'll take the relationship further. What he has seen from Hunter proves that he is not rushing him and allowing him to take his time.

"Sorry," She smiled and ruffled Jacob's hair. "You know what I'm like, I need to know everything."

"Unfortunately," William muttered.

"Hey. For that comment, you need to tell me everything about your relationship with Alisha." Grace stood up and sat next to him instead.

Jacob then zoned out. He did not want to listen to that.

* * * * *

"It has been a week since I confessed my love to you," Hunter whispered with a big grin. Jacob looked up from the notes he was writing. They were sitting next to each other in the lecture hall, trying to focus on what the tutor was talking about.

"Already?" Jacob whispered back. Hunter nodded. He had taken no notes because he would just look at Sam's later who was sitting on the other side of his mate.

"Yep."

They couldn't believe how developed they felt in terms of their feelings. Seven days is certainly not a long time and they definitely felt like they've known each other for a lot longer. But that is all down to their bond. It gives them no other choice but to be close, mentally and physically.

"How about a celebratory kiss?" Hunter thought in his head.

Jacob sat up straight and glanced at him until his eyes widened.

"Now?" He thought back.

Hunter nodded and put his arm on the back of the chair so it was behind Jacob.

"If you're ready, that is?" Hunter knew Jacob wasn't ready for the whispers and the judgement. But he'll get to a point in his life where it doesn't matter and he can be himself without worrying what people think.

Jacob thought about it and what has he got to lose?

Nothing.

It's not like he has any friends other than his brother, Hunter and his pack.

"I want to kiss you." His cheeks flushed at the thought.

Hunter couldn't wait to show off his mate and rightfully mark him as his in front of everyone. It was a territorial characteristic that werewolves possess.

He leant forwards and effortlessly planted a sweet kiss on his lips. They were sitting near the front and heard a few gasps shared among the student. Jacob felt like all eyes were on him but for once, he didn't mind because he could feel Hunter's Pride and it filled him with a little more self-love.

Hunter pulled back with a hint of passion in his eyes. That was a big step for Jacob and he was proud of him.

"Feeling okay?" Hunter smiled.

"Yes." Jacob looked a little tense as they turned back to face the tutor. People were whispering but they couldn't hear what it was about. Although, ninety percent was about the kiss they just witnessed.

"Let them talk," Hunter thought and put an arm around his shoulders instead of the chair. He checked the time and they only had fifteen minutes left. "I can't wait to be outside."

Just then, he and Sam received a forced mind link from a pack member.

"Alpha," Jonah spoke with urgency in his tone. "It's the rival pack, they're outside your home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 30.6K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
8M 353K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
381K 24.1K 44
{Completed} *WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST* *Wattpad Featured Story - Oct 2017* You shouldn't date before you've found your mate. It's what all the teenagers...
4.1K 157 11
Book 5 - Fire Series Must read Fire of Redemption first or this book will contain major spoilers, if you don't mind that. . . Then feel free to emoti...