Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 31

170K 7.5K 3.2K
By SianaghGallagher

That night, Hunter and his pack stood at the edge of his rival pack's territory. He had shared among the men about what Alisha's game was. Although, Zac and Brad hated how weak Hunter's mate is. If he got that upset over simple words, he wasn't worthy of his title in their eyes.

But they have no idea what Jacob goes through on a daily bases, Hunter does.

"I want revenge," Hunter said coldly. He could see Alisha's house from here and he was ready to hurt her. The rest of the pack felt just as irritated by her actions. Poor Jacob doesn't need her hate in his life.

"What's the plan?" Sam asked.

"Her bedroom is on the bottom floor which is convenient for us. We're going to break in, cover it with our scent and hopefully get out before anyone notices."

"What if she's in there?" Harrison asked.

"She's not, they have their pack meeting now. But we have to hurry, I don't know how long it's on for."

They all glanced at each other in agreement before sprinting across the field. Hunter could not and would not settle until she got what she deserved. Today was just the beginning of his payback.

They kept a low profile and stayed very quiet as they approached the back of the house. Hunter pulled out a crowbar and looked around one last time.

His pack watched him slide it between the glass and wood. Lucky for them, it was very cheaply made. He used a lot of force until the handle on the inside broke off and he was able to slide the window open.

One by one, they climbed into her dark bedroom. It smelt like her and it made Hunter sick. Sam took off his t-shirt and rubbed it on her pillow and duvet.

Hunter pulled out her drawers and emptied them onto the floor. He stood on her clothes and made an extra effort to brush his hands over everything.

"I hate her," Sam said and flopped onto her bed, filling it with his scent. "She's going to be so angry."

"She deserves everything that's coming to her," Ricky grinned and picked up some of her clothes. He chucked them at Zac who was casually leaning against her door.

Hunter was having fun while he opened the books she owned and ran his fingers along the pages. He wished Jacob was here because his scent would really make her mad. But it was after eleven at night and he was already asleep.

Suddenly, they heard the front door crash open. Everyone froze and listened to angry steps quickly approach.

"GO!" Hunter yelled.

His pack members threw themselves out of the window, just as Vic, the Alpha of Alisha's pack entered.

His eyes landed on Hunter who was last to leave the room. The rest of his pack had seen Hunter's pack enter Alisha's home and got in touch with Vic straight away. Not everyone was ordered to their meeting tonight.

When Hunter's pack changed into their wolf form and started running, they were quickly stopped by another row of angry wolves.

Hunter was just about to change into his beautiful white wolf when Vic jumped on top of him. They fell to the ground and Hunter fought against his angry fists. They had landed only a meter away from Brad who stood, not knowing what to do.

"Brad!" Hunter breathed before punching Vic in the jaw. He wasn't as big built as Hunter but he was strong. "Help me!"

Brad hovered on his toes. He didn't feel right about this from the beginning and now he didn't feel like it was his problem to stay behind and get hurt. He didn't want to be here.

"Brad!" Hunter roared. They made eye contact and Hunter couldn't believe he was hesitating. He got a really painful blow to his ribs, just as Brad turned and started running away, Betraying is Alpha.

That really angered Hunter and it embarrassed him in front of another Alpha. It was a huge insult to him.

He then used his strengths to flip Vic around and punch him in the nose, just as Sam ran over in his black wolf form and growled in Vic's face.

Hunter climbed off him and quickly changed into his wolf. He connected his mind link with his pack who were slowly retreating to their territory.

"Everyone, fight if you have to but we need to leave."

He started sprinting with Sam as Vic sat up. He wasn't going to fight, he was going to start planning his sweet revenge. He could hear Alisha screaming and cursing at them as she pranced around her bedroom. Yes, they are in their territory but Hunter is a son of one of the big dogs, Anthony. It was risky to even be fighting with his pack.

Hunter ran through the battlefield and separated the two packs. Being an Alpha makes him very powerful and a lot stronger than the rest of them.

He growled with Sam standing proudly behind him. Hunter flashed his sharp teeth and started to back off.

"Pack, let's go!" He yelled in his mind and they turned to start running. The rival pack watched them return back to their own territory. They had no orders from their own Alpha to follow so they couldn't.

They glanced at each other while Alisha continued to scream out her anger.

Was this the beginning of a war between them?

* * * * *

When Hunter approached his home, he was out of breath because his ribs hurt. He changed into his human form and collapsed onto the wooden steps. Sam changed and rushed over.

"Alpha, can I get you anything?" He was very worried.

"Just some ice please, Sam," Hunter breathed. His Beta wolf ran into the house, startling Anthony and Margo who were waiting for their son.

"Hunter's injured."

Hunter rolled his eyes when his parents ran outside to see him laying on the steps and holding his side.

"I'm fine," He sighed with sweat dripping down his forehead. Margo moved his hand to see deep purple bruises forming.

"You've broken two ribs."

Anthony knew he wasn't injured anywhere else but he had a lot of questions.

"What did you do?"

Sam ran out with some ice and handed it to Margo who placed it over his bruises. Hunter flinched but he'd be fine in a few days.

"I got payback," He sat up and wiped his forehead. "Alisha's aim is to break Jacob. Vic ordered her to do it."

Hunter's parents glanced at each other.

"You went into their territory?" Margo frowned. "You ruined Alisha's room?"

Sam crossed his arms and tilted his head.

"How do you know these things?" He questioned.

"She has a wonderful gift," Anthony said and stared at his son. "You're playing a dangerous game."

"This isn't a game," Hunter said and stood up. He was in a lot of pain but hated being fussed over. "They're targeting my mate. I'm not going to stand back and do nothing."

"And I wouldn't expect you to," Anthony sighed. "But there are better ways of doing this. What you did tonight was not one of them."

"Alisha is roaming around in our territory, using Jacob's brother to get to him. Why are you not angry about that?"

"We are," Margo said and handed him the ice. "Believe me, we are very angry. Seeing her today was hard. I wanted to yell and scream at her but we have to be calm. The humans you are involved with cannot know about us, we have to be careful."

"I want her out of-"

"Alpha?"

Hunter quickly turned to see a very sheepish looking Brad standing behind him. Although, his face only fuelled his anger. He marched over and punched him hard, creating him to fall onto the grass.

Anthony ran over and grabbed his son's arms before he hit him again.

"What are you doing!?" He yelled.

"How about you tell him, Brad? Huh?" Hunter's eyes were wide and full of pure rage.

Sam was glaring at Brad too.

"He ran when Hunter asked for his help. Our Alpha is only injured because Brad wasn't loyal and didn't want to fight."

"Is that true?" Anthony asked him with a deep frown.

"It is," Margo shook her head. "Hunter called on him twice and he didn't respond."

Hunter sometimes hated it when his mum used her soul searching gift on him but on rare occasions, it helped. Anthony let go of his son and stood back. Brad deserved that.

"Get out of my sight," Hunter roared. "You are no longer a member of this pack."

Sam raised his eyebrows but he shouldn't be surprised, Hunter has given him too many chances.

Brad quickly climbed to his feet.

"Wait, please Alpha, I'm sorry, I won't do it again."

"No you won't," Hunter said coldly. "Because I am no longer your alpha and you are no longer my Delta wolf. You're worse to me than a lonely omega. You mean nothing to this pack, now go. I don't want to see you again."

Brad glanced at the angry faces. Deep down, he knows he deserved this but he didn't think it would actually happen. His family will be angry and ashamed because he no longer has an important status.

He's nothing.

* * * * *

The next morning when Jacob and William were dropped off at the college, Hunter wasn't waiting for them outside because Jacob could feel that he was still sleeping.

He was really frustrated because his head hurt a lot and his chest was throbbing. He wanted to hug him and be around him.

"You can call him you know," Sam said, making him jump. William had already gone off with his friends. "He's still sleeping isn't he?"

Jacob nodded. He forgot that they exchanged numbers almost a week ago. He pulled out his phone and searched for his name. He only just noticed that he put a heart next to his name. Hunter was a cheeky character who clearly loved to flirt.

Jacob made a subtle eye roll and called him.

Surprisingly, he didn't pick up. Sam saw the disappointment on his face and wondered why Margo and Anthony were letting him sleep in. Maybe it was because of his injury? And they were up rather late last night.

"Do you think you can make it through your lessons without seeing him?" He asked.

Jacob wanted to say no and he wanted Sam to take him to Hunter but he couldn't skip college. So he nodded glumly and pulled on his bag straps.

Sam patted his shoulder. He knew that maybe he wasn't able to cope.

"I'll stay with you today. If he's still not here when you've finished, I'll give you a lift to his home."

Jacob nodded as they started walking towards the stairs.

"Do you have a car?"

"No," Sam chuckled. This must still feel really new and strange to Jacob. "But I have a wolf."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 9.5K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
1M 30.5K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
257K 13.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
21.2M 732K 40
Highest Ranking: #1 in Werewolf Watty's 2015 Winner: Talk of the Town 11/23/15 "Literally the best werewolf book I've ever read." -@itsroma "*rereads...