Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 27

165K 8K 6K
By SianaghGallagher

Jacob wanted to be sick. How could she be so cruel? He felt a little numb and Hunter did everything he could to prevent himself from glaring at her.

"What?" William frowned. "They're not gay."

Scott and Grace turned to look at Jacob who glanced at Hunter.

"Don't panic, we can lie our way out of this," Hunter thought.

But Jacob wasn't sure if he wanted to. It would be easier for him if his family knew about Hunter. He just wasn't mentally ready for rejection.

"Yes they are," Alisha said with a confused frown. "I took a picture because it was just so sweet."

Scott studied his son. Why wasn't he or Hunter denying it or saying anything?

William watched her pull out her phone and go straight to the camera roll.

"Jacob, I can break her phone?" Hunter suggested. But still, his mate didn't say anything. He was frozen on the spot.

"Ah, here they are. See?" She showed them to his brother who frowned with surprise and confusion. He looked straight at Jacob and then at his friend.

Grace stood next to Alisha so she could look too. She gasped and also looked at her son with a frown.

Alisha happily showed Scott who didn't quite believe what he was seeing. She then turned it round and showed the targets. Hunter took her phone and he couldn't believe it.

In the pictures, he and Jacob were sitting together in the field. One was of them hugging, one was of them talking and one was of them kissing. Jacob clenched his hands into fists when he felt them shaking. He wasn't ready for this.

"Jacob?" Scott said calmly. "Is there something you want to tell us?"

Jacob glanced around at his family. He felt so small and so vulnerable.

"Would you like to make a run for it? We can face them later when they've come to terms with it." Hunter suggested. He could feel his mate beginning to freak out.

"Yes." Jacob just wanted to run somewhere far away. He had to escape this for a little while. So he quickly grabbed Hunter's hand and sprinted passed everyone. Hunter was pulled through Jacob's family but didn't hesitate to shove Alisha on the way through the door, causing her to fall against the wall.

That was the least he could do to her when people are around. He was going to make her pay for this. He was going to destroy her, bit by bit.

"Wait! Jacob!" Scott yelled but by the time he got to the back door, his son and Hunter were out of the front door and already running down the street, hand in hand.

William was staring at Alisha who had a small but detectable smirk on her lips. Was she aware that maybe she just ruined his brother's life?

But then again, that depends on whether Jacob will be accepted for who he is or not.

* * * * *

When Jacob and Hunter had been running through the woods for almost ten minutes, Hunter started to pull back. They had been running for a while and his mate was very out of breath. He was overcome with horrible emotions about his family which gave him the strength to keep going.

"Jacob," Hunter breathed and pulled him to a stop. "It's okay now, we're alone."

Jacob gasped for air and bent over, resting his hands on his knees. Hunter placed a gentle hand on his back but Jacob pushed him away and stood up straight.

"Why?" He breathed. "Why didn't- didn't you know she was there?"

"Taking the pictures?"

Jacob nodded and rested a hand on his chest.

"I don't know," Hunter felt bad. "I was too concentrated on you."

"You could've stopped this."

Hunter frowned and crossed his arms.

"This isn't my fault."

"Yes, it is," Jacob snapped. He was angry, frustrated, sad, scared and worried. "I didn't ask for this. I didn't want to be your mate."

"That's also not my fault. I didn't choose you as a mate either."

Jacob stared at him as he got his breath back.

"If my family don't love me anymore, it's because of you and your werewolves. I don't want to be part of your life."

Hunter stopped frowning and dropped his arms by his side. He was incredibly hurt by that comment and Jacob could feel it. Although, he didn't care, not right now.

"You know we can't help it," He said slowly. "We're together forever, whether you like it or not."

"Well, I don't like it. I wish I never met you." Jacob turned and started walking through the woods. Hunter stood still and listened to the sound of the leaves getting crushed by his angry march.

He could tell that some of his pack members were close by and he knew they'd follow him. So he turned in the opposite direction and started walking home. His mate was angry and he had every right to be. But he couldn't and shouldn't blame him for today's incident.

Jacob stopped when he realised Hunter wasn't following him. He had a second of regret. He hurt his feelings but right now, he was being selfish and his mind grows foggy when he's worked up. He'll be able to think clearer when he has calmed down.

* * * * *

Hunter entered his home an hour later. He was incredibly sad and he felt really sorry for Jacob. He shouldn't have left him in the woods. He could hear him thinking and worrying about his family and what they now think of him.

He has talked to Brad, Zac and Ricky. They are watching from a distance. Ricky asked if he could approach Jacob to maybe try and talk him into calming down but Hunter assured him that he'd freak out more. When he felt like this, he needed to be alone.

"Hey son," Margo watched him walk past. There was something wrong. "I didn't think you'd be back so soon. I thought you'd stay all day?"

He ignored her and stepped into his room. Anthony put his and on his door to stop him from shutting it.

"What happened?" He questioned.

Margo walked over and stared at his sorrow filled eyes.

"You've had an argument. He hurt your feelings."

"Leave it, mum," Hunter sighed. "I deserved it."

Anthony narrowed his eyes.

"Was it Alisha who is dating Jacob's brother?"

Hunter nodded his head and held his door handle.

"She told Jacob's family that we were dating and had pictures of us kissing," He muttered and clenched his fist. "He'll blame me if his family don't accept him. I really did ruin his life." And with that said, he turned and slammed the door shut behind him.

Hunter sank down and pressed his back against it as he sat on the floor. He hated this.

Anthony and Margo looked at each other. This was not good and Anthony knew a war was brewing between their rival pack. It was unacceptable to target an alpha's mate in such a way that it causes conflict in their relationship.

Alisha was going to feel the wrath of the Rayson's.

* * * * *

Two hours had passed and Jacob found himself standing at the top of the field, staring at Hunter's house, sitting at the bottom of the field.

He had received a lot of missed calls from his dad but nothing from his mum or his brother.

Now that he had calmed down, he felt horrible and guilty. He had no right to speak to Hunter that way. He shouldn't have said those things. He wasn't in the right frame of mind and he didn't mean any of it.

Meeting Hunter and the werewolves are the most exciting things to ever happen to him. Yes, it can be hard to process but he shouldn't take it for granted.

He then started to make his way through the grass, he needed to apologise.

Margo and Anthony were discussing what to do about the rival pack when there was a faint knock on the door. They could tell who it was because they were familiar with the scent.

Just as Margo stood up, Hunter's door opened and he walked out. She stopped and allowed him to answer. He smelt his mate too.

She sat back down when he opened it.

Jacob looked up with nervous eyes and fidgeting hands. He was glad it was Hunter, he really needed to speak to him. Although, he looked a little heartbroken and that added to his painful list of regrets.

"H-Hunter," He whispered. "I'm so sorry."

Hunter sighed and leant against the door frame. He studied his mates eyes and he had clearly been crying.

"You really hurt me."

"I know," Jacob said glumly. "I didn't mean anything I said. I was cruel and I feel horrible. I was just angry and I say stupid things when I'm upset."

"I've noticed."

Hunter watched him chew on his bottom lip. He looked like he was going to cry again. How can someone be so stubborn but be so shy at the same time? Jacob wasn't afraid to snap when he was frustrated and Hunter liked that side of him. He was still full of surprises and he was definitely an interesting character.

Jacob's eyes grew watery and Hunter's heart then felt a strain of pain.

"Come here," He said softly and pulled him into his body. Margo and Anthony watched them wrap their arms around each other. Jacob buried his face into his shoulder and swallowed back the lump in his throat.

"None of this is your fault. I'm really sorry I said that." He muffled against him.

"I know you didn't fully mean it. But it's okay if part of you does. I am partly to blame for this." Hunter rubbed his back and cherished his warmth. "Have you spoken to your family yet?"

Jacob shook his head.

"Only my dad has tried to call. I-I was too worried to answer."

"That's okay," Hunter soothed. "The longer you wait, the more time they have to get used to the idea." However, it concerned Hunter that his brother hasn't tried to get in touch. If Alisha was still with him, she'd be trying to feed all sorts of poisonous thoughts into his head.

Hunter then lifted his mate's head off his shoulder and gently wiped the stray tear away from his cheek.

"Are we on good terms again? I hate arguing."

Jacob nodded and sniffed back his emotions.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

Hunter then smiled, causing Jacob's body to fully relax. There was just something about it that captured his full attention.

"I'm going to kiss you now. Is that okay?" Hunter asked.

"In front of your parents?"

"Yes. I would never hold back from kissing you because of someone else."

Jacob's eyes traced his face and landed on his mouth.

"I'll take that as a yes," Hunter's eyes sparkled before he moved his face in close and effortlessly kissed him.

Anthony and Margo watched, feeling happy that things were now okay between them. But they had a lot to sort out and stress over now that Alisha has done what she did.

They needed to make a way for the rival pack to leave this society and their packs alone. They had to think of something that would make Jacob's brother hate Alisha so she couldn't get to Jacob directly.

But first, they needed to figure out if his family still wanted him around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 6.3K 12
All Rights Reserved This is a spin-off of my story, The Principal's "STRAIGHT" Mate. This is the story of Nate and Chris. It's going to be very shor...
1M 30.4K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
539K 20.3K 47
A werewolf having a human mate has been engraved in the history of the werewolves. Having a human mate has been forbidden ever since it happened befo...
969K 42K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...