Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 18

196K 8.9K 7.3K
By SianaghGallagher

"So, this is my room." Hunter tried to keep back his excitement as Jacob stood in his doorway. His mate hadn't yet entered his room. This was the first time in Hunter's life that he was willingly letting someone into his territory. Of course, his dad pushed the limit and forces it, but this- this was different.

Hunter wanted Jacob to enter and to mix their scents. He wanted to smell him when he goes to sleep. He couldn't wait to share it.

"Is it really that exciting for you?" Jacob questioned in his head and looked around the small room. It wasn't messy but it wasn't tidy. There were a few things on the floor and Hunter didn't look like he owned a lot of belongings. But the double bed that he did own looked incredibly comfortable.

"Yes," Hunter spoke out loud and watched his feet. "It's a big thing for me. I want you to come in, I've never felt that before."

Jacob watched his eyes. They were bright and eager. When Hunter looked up to him, he quickly diverted his gaze. "Are you sure it's okay?" he questioned. He knew how angry he got at his dad for entering.

"It's more than okay," Hunter smiled. His eyes quickly diverted back to his feet. "I'm inviting you into my room."

Jacob waited a second. He could see how determined Hunter was to share his territory. So he lifted his foot and stepped through the doorway.

Hunter watched his feet so intensely like a dog waiting for it's owner to throw a stick. Jacob's feet had crossed from the wooden floor onto the dark brown carpet.

Hunter exploded with delight and was unable to keep back his wolf form. Jacob had only just relaxed in his home until Hunter's shirt ripped and a huge white wolf was suddenly standing right in front of him.

Jacob gasped and fell against the wall. His eyes were wide with fear. Even standing, the wolf's head was at his waist and filled up a lot of the floor space.

Hunter froze, seeing and feeling his mate's sudden change in emotion. "Don't worry, it's only me!" His voice echoed soothingly in his mate's mind. "I'll sit, see?"

Jacob watched him sit on his back legs. Hunter was panting slightly from the build up of excitement which he was trying to keep back.

"You're huge," Jacob whispered.

"I know I'm big but don't let it overwhelm you. There's nothing to be afraid of."

Jacob's big eyes traced his soft fur and his ears that curled at the top. The wolf's eyes were the same grey colour, showing only composure.

"It'll take me a moment to calm down, I'm still excited." Hunter very rarely lost control. The last time was when he was just a young child and his parents had gone away for a few weeks. He missed them more than what he realised because when they came back, they spent hours trying to calm him down enough for him to change into a human. He was just a little pup.

Jacob's back pressed hard against the wall. He knew the wolf was Hunter, it just shocked him when he changed so fast.

Just as quickly as Hunter transformed into a wolf, he was promptly kneeling on the floor as a human once again. He glanced up and Jacob looked even more startled, maybe even too much. 

Jacob couldn't explain why, but his legs buckled.

Hunter quickly stood up as Jacob fell forward. He wrapped his arms around him and caught him against his body. "Okay, take it easy," He soothed while Jacob gripped onto him. "Let's sit you down." Hunter guided him to his bed and helped him take a seat.

Jacob breathed deeply. How did he manage to be so calm when Hunter transformed in the field?

The werewolf placed a hand on his back and rubbed it gently. He watched Jacob close his eyes and rest his head in his hands.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about." Hunter was trying to keep his composure, but his mate was sitting on his bed, mingling their scents. "It's totally normal for you to feel this way."

Jacob nodded and peeked at Hunter who was sitting close. He had no t-shirt on and Jacob's eyes stared at his tanned and muscular body with burning cheeks.

Hunter smiled. Jacob was so innocent. "Sorry, I'll put a t-shirt on." As he turned to grab one from the floor, Jacob rested his hand on on his arm and Hunter froze. His mate's touch, it was so delicate. He turned and stared at his fingers brushing against his skin.

"Um," Jacob whispered, "can you... can you change back?"

"Into a wolf?" Hunter questioned and sat up straight.

Jacob nodded and quickly took his hand back.

"Are you sure?"

"I need to get used to it."

Hunter's eyes softened and he really had to fight the urge to kiss him.

"Okay." He stood up from the bed. "Are you ready?"

Jacob nodded once more and pulled his sleeves over his hands.

Hunter then relaxed and thought about being in his wolf form. The transformation was effortless and easy to do. One second he was human, the next he was a wolf.

This time, Jacob knew it was coming. Even though his heart sped up unbelievably fast and his mind felt numb, he wasn't going to get too overwhelmed.

Hunter sat on his back legs and watched him with caution. Jacob seemed to be coping better with a steady stare. "Would you like to stroke me?"

Jacob chewed on his bottom lip when Hunter moved his face closer and rested a chin on his knee.

"I would like it if you stroked me."

Slowly, Jacob lifted a hand and traced the fur on his head with his fingers. It was so soft and warm, just like last time. Jacob felt like he was dreaming, and it was one of those dreams where he didn't wanted to wake up.

Hunter's tail wagged excitedly as he lifted his head.

"Why do you have white fur?" Jacob questioned. Hunter's human form had dark hair, so that was what he expected to see.

"A white wolf is an alpha wolf."

Jacob nodded, showing that he understood. There was still a lot for him to know. He knew he'd learn with time. "Your eyes are the same colour."

"The eyes channel a path to the soul of the human and wolf." Hunter then lifted his big paws and placed them on either side of Jacob. He pushed himself up so he towered above him. Jacob gasped as the wolf forced him to fall back against the bed.

Jacob had a moment of panic until the wolf licked his cheek. The human scrunched his eyes shut and covered his face as Hunter attempted to butt his hands away with his nose.

"Hunt-" Jacob was stopped when the wolf licked over his face once more. "Hunter, get off!"

Hunter pulled his head back to see Jacob's bright eyes and gorgeous smile that he loved so much. He knew that would help calm him. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

Jacob rubbed his face with his sleeve while the wolf jumped back down onto the floor. His tail wagged and he panted with excitement. Hunter's wolf traits shined a lot more when he was in this form.

"It's fine." Jacob sat up. He was almost completely relaxed in the presence of such a huge creature.

Hunter decided to change back. He smiled and stood up, feeling happy that Hunter was still sitting on his bed. His scent was so strong.

"Do you like my wolf form?" he asked.

Jacob nodded and Hunter's smile widened. Acceptance was all he longed for. "I do get a bit too excited sometimes when I change. Throw me a stick and I'll be happy."

Jacob had a rare sparkle to his gaze when he watched Hunter sit next to him. The werewolf sat close enough for their legs to touch and his heart thumped hard.

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, enjoying  each other's company before Hunter asked, "Would you like to go for a walk?"

* * * * *

Hunter's parents arrived home at nine in the evening. Jacob had stayed for as long as he could but eventually left at five, giving him enough time to walk home and still make it for dinner. 

Hunter was sitting by the side of the house and talking to Sam on the phone. He could open a mind link between them, but it was too soon into his connection with Jacob and he couldn't bear to have someone overtaking his mate's sweet voice. But due to the fact that he was on his phone, he didn't notice that his parents had arrived home.

Anthony was first to enter the house and tensed. Margo nearly walked into the back of him. She understood why he stopped. They could smell a human.

"Hunter?" Anthony asked and looked around the small studio cabin. The door was open and the lights were on. His son wouldn't leave the house so late. Slowly, Anthony edged forward, listening to everything around him.

Margo sniffed the air and the scent was everywhere. When they approached Hunter's room, the scent filled their nostrils. They looked at each other with worried frowns.

"I can smell a human male. Do you think someone broke in?" Margo questioned and looked around. Nothing seemed to be missing or broken. There were no signs of a struggle.

"That's what I was thinking," Anthony sighed. "Hunter's going to be distraught. They've clearly been in his room, their scent is all over it."

Marge sighed too. "Where is he? I'll phone him-"

Before she could finish, the front door opened and they both spun on their heels. Hunter had walked in after his call with Sam.

"Oh, hey I didn't know you were back." He casually walked over, not batting an eyelid at the new scent.

"Where have you been?" Margo asked with confusion when her son stepped around them and into his room. Why wasn't he reacting? He could obviously smell it. It was very strong.

"I was just talking to Sam outside." Hunter rubbed his eyes and grabbed the door. "I'm going to bed." And with that, he shut it before they had a chance to say anything else.

Anthony looked at his wife with a deep frown. "What was that? Someone has clearly been in his room," he hissed.

Margo tapped her chin with thought. "Well, maybe it's his-"

"The scent is from another male, it can't be his mate." Anthony spoke like it was utterly ridiculous. Although, Margo heard a small amount of uncertainty in his voice when he asked, "Can it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.4K 46
"How many times have I told you to stay away from Bella?" "Jacob why are you being difficult?" "I hate you leech just stay away from her. She'll be m...
4.8M 167K 32
{BOOK ONE IN: The Alpha's Trilogy} I'd never seen eyes quite like his. It's like they looked right into my soul. I could feel my body tensing as he...
21.2M 732K 40
Highest Ranking: #1 in Werewolf Watty's 2015 Winner: Talk of the Town 11/23/15 "Literally the best werewolf book I've ever read." -@itsroma "*rereads...
271K 13.7K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...