Till Death Do Us Part

By RoseGoldMermaids

Five years after the marriage of Bella and Edward the Cullens lose a member to their family. Rosalie Hale. He... More

Till Death Do Us Part
Good bye
It's okay
Call me Koti
Shooting stars
Confessions
Truth is
This is meant to be
A proper engagement
More than enough love
This should get interesting
Her dying wish
3 days without you
One month
Eternity is just the beginning
Daddy.... oh you mean me
The best thing ever

What do I deserve?

8.9K 191 16
By RoseGoldMermaids

After my third class it was time to head over to the football field for practice. Basically it was just try outs to place people which they did every year. This was the worst part of playing on the football for several years is that each year you have to tryout and can either be kicked off the team or placed as a different position. I had no idea where I was going to be placed since this was the first official try out. I was only gauranteed a spot on the team because of my letter of recommendation from my high school coach. Now I had to earn my keep.

When I arrived at the foot ball field I was a few minutes early so I sat on the bleachers and watched those that were on the field. From the sounds and looks of it they were the cheerleading squad. They always caught my attention, not because of their looks but their talent.

I saw a few of the girls gaze over in my direction and quickly after their steps and cheering picked up as they seemed to be trying harder to look good, or maybe it was to try and impress me. This was pretty pathetic I thought. Any woman that needs to prove herself to grab a mans attention or even fight for it is going about things the wrong way. A real man isn't won by those extra bursts of effort but by who she is naturally.

I let my eyes scan the field and then soon enough a certain someone caught my attention. Standing in her cheerleading uniform at the end of the squadrant was Koti. Immeadiately a smile spread across my face. I moved along the bleachers to get closer to her and couldn't help but applaud for her and shout her name a bit. She saw me and faltered in her steps before she quickly jumped back in. I saw her blush a bit and chuckled to myself. After the routine was finished she came over to my side.

"You were watching me" she said with a bit of a smile.

I smiled and nodded my head. "Yeah I was. You are very good at what you do you know." I told her.

"Yeah I know, I was a gymnast and a dancer as a child and since they didn't have that in high school I tried for cheerleading and fell in love with it. It's like a mixture of both." She said back.

"It takes talent and not everyone has it." I said as I got to my feet. "I have football tryouts to see where I am being placed and then we can leave if you have nothing else to do." I said as I jumped over the railing that seperated the bleachers from the field.

"Do you mind if I sit here and watch you?" she asked me.

I ran my hand along my chin as I watched the other team members gathering and shook my head. "No not at all." I touched her shoulder briefly and then headed out to the field.

"Cullen, front and center" The coach shouted.

I ran the length to stand before him. "Yes coach." I called out in a firm voice.

"Sprint from here to the goal line across the field and then back. I want to see how well you hold up. Once you are finished you and Brayton are gonna pass the old pig skin back and forth as far as you can go and finally you are goin gto have to tackle JP." he finished.

"Simple enough Coach." I said before I took my position on the five yard line.

"That's what they all say Cullen, tell me that again once you finish." He blew his whistle and I took off running.

I hit the 25 yard line in five seconds and the fifty in 8. When I reached the 100 yard line it was 10 seconds and then I made my way back. 200 yards in 18 seconds. That was half the time of the fastest runner on the team, 36 seconds.

Next I had to throw the football. I didn't feel like taking the long way around since I already knew how far I could throw and decided to have Brayton go long to the field goal. With an effortless throw the football cleared 100 yards and landed right in his arms.

Finally I moved to stand before PJ who was 2 inches shorter than myself but a little bit wider. This should get interesting since the last guy who tackled me was no longer playing football. I just hoped they were prepared to replace a member of the team because this man was about to be out for a long time. I watched as PJ took off at a full on sprint, his human speed was slow in my eyes and drove me insane. I just wished he would hit me already. A weird feeling came across me and I blinked and looked down. PJ was laying there, his eyes were closed and he was twitching.

I knelt down and placed my hand on him. "You okay man?" I said. I looked up at the coach and shook my head. "He's out cold, what happened?" I called out.

The team came over to my side and the coach soon followed. "What did you do Cullen?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I wasn't paying attention I was just standing here."

"I saw it coach, PJ ran into him and he barely budged." another boy said.

"Are you wearing body armour?" the coach asked me.

 I quickly shook my head and then lifted up my shirt. "Just abs coach." I chuckled.

The coach nodded. "Thanks Cullen, the roster should be posted Thursday."

I nodded my head and turned to head towards the bleachers to gather my things. I jumped over the railing and grabbed my bag before I turned to Koti.

"Ready? I asked her.

She rose to her feet and for the first time I saw her smile. "Yeah I'm ready." she whispered.

We headed off to the parking lot to the car and I opened the passenger door for her before I got in on my side.

"So from your perspective what position on the team do you think I will get?" I asked her.

"Blind side" She replied with a smile. "You took out PJ without even moving. He held massive records for the number of players he has tackled in the last year."

"Personally I think you may be right. But I'm hoping for the quarter back."

I pulled up outside the house and we headed inside. "I wasn't lying by the way." I called to her as I entered the house.

She came in behind me and shut the door. "Wasn't lying about what?" she asked me.

I turned around and looked at her. "I wasn't lying about you looking nice in that outfit. It fits you perfectly." I said before I headed towards the stairs.

"Oh thank you." she replied as she followed me. "Isn't your room downstairs?" she asked me.

I nodded my head. "It is, but all my best clothes are upstairs in a closet I hardly ever touch." I smirked. "See just right here" I added as I opened the door revealing several garmet bags.

I flickered through the bags before I pulled one out and handed it to her. "I think you will like that one." I said before I pulled out another.

"Why are we getting dressed?" she asked as she stared at the bag.

"Don't you remember, we have a double date tonight." I smirked before I headed down the hall to Carlisle and Esme's bedroom.

I quickly jumped into the shower and got cleaned off before I got dressed in my suit. After I put on a bit of cologne and brushed my hair I fitted a tie around my neck and grabbed my watch. I stood before the mirror eyeing my reflection for a few minutes before I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I replied.

The door opened and I looked over at the door way as I heard Koti enter the room. A smile crept upon my face as I saw her standing in a long red strapless dress.

"You look nice." I said a bit loud.

Her red lipstick was extremely attractive and it even reminded me of blood, which brought to my mind that I haven't hunted in atleast three days. I felt my throat burn as a another reminder and brought my hand up to my neck. I played it off as checking for stubble around my chin, which there obviously was none and then dropped my hand quickly to my side.

"Was this your fiances?" she asked.

I slowly nodded my head. "Yeah, I hope you don't mind." I replied.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Not at all."

The doorbell rang and I immeadiately tilted my head slightly to the left. I could hear Mackenzie's voice loud and clear. She seemed to be griping at her date about trying to make a lasting impression. I snorted quietly as I found this amusing.

"Does your family really own a five star restaurant?" Koti asked me.

I took her hand and led her across the hall to an office. "See here" I said as I pointed to a large framed portrait of a elegant yatch that rose a few stories high. "It was built by my mother and father a few years back."

A few years back meaning just short of 10. Carlisle and Esme came here to dance under the moonlight when they did their annual honeymoon trip. First they would come here and dance and then they would take their yacht down to Isle esme which was one of the longest trips imaginable. They liked the solitude with just each other so the time didn't bother them.

"Wow, that is quiet massive and a bit over the top. Are you sure you don't mind paying for this, it seems quite expensive." She said to me as we headed out of the room.

"Family owned, myself and my guests get in free." The door bell rang again and I could hear Mackenzie murmer about having to wait. "Lets go and answer the door before Mackenzie has a nose bleed." I laughed before I looped my arm through hers and headed down stairs.

"You are always so cold." She said before I answered the door.

"About time, my feet are practically screaming at me." Mackenzie said before she pushed past me. She took one look at Koti and sneered. I watched her lean in close to her ear and whisper. "Savoir the moments you have left with him because he is mine."

I walked forward and took Koti by the hand and pulled her to my side. "For future reference I will never be yours. I don't have an eye for bitter, overbearing, self centered home wreckers like yourself. I am only inviting you out as a kind gesture but don't think for a moment that I will allow you to walk all over Koti."

"Honestly Emmett I have no idea what you are talking about." Mackenzie feigned.

I laughed. "I'm not deaf I'm not blind and I am not an idiot. Press me and you will find out that you will be stuck with a large bill that I highly doubt you can afford." I finished before I grabbed my keys and headed out to the car.

I opened the door for Koti and then went around to get in. "Hold it" I called out as I turned to the back seat. "You aren't riding in my car, get out. If you want to come you can follow us." I replied.

I watched in the rearview mirror as Mackenzie got out and closed the door. I quickly backed out and then waited for them to get in their car before we headed out.

"Thanks back there." Koti whispered as we were heading towards the Pacific.

I looked at her and smiled. "Its nothing. Like I said I don't like the way she treats you. You are a good person and you don't deserve that."

I saw from the corner of my eye as I came into the parking lot of the harbor, her smiling. "What do I deserve?" She asked me.

I parked the car and shut off the ignition before I turned to face her. "You deserve happiness."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 2.6K 41
This is a Jasper Hale love story everyone enjoy
421K 7.4K 25
Ok, long story short, Bella is actually Carlisle’s little sister. They both “go missing” on the same night. They are actually changed into vampires...
612K 13K 20
Beverly Melrone was a fifteen year old girl, who lived alone in Forks. She was a nobody at school. She meets Jasper Hale in her class. Will something...
178K 4.2K 13
The wedding was finally happening...well..Bella's wedding that is. Beverly and Jasper were very happy and couldn't wait for their turn. Bella and Edw...