Why Boys Are Idiots

By TheReal_Charmander

Zaira, Cyra, and Addie are just three normal teenage girls trying to get through high school. But at every mo... More

Chapter Two - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Three - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Four - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Five - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Six - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Seven - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eight - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Nine - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Ten - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eleven - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Twelve - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Thirteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Fourteen - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Fifteen - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Sixteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Seventeen - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eighteen - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Nineteen - Zaira's POV
Chapter Twenty - Cyra's POV
Chapter Twenty One - Addie's POV
Chapter Twenty Two - Zaira's POV
Chapter Twenty Three - Cyra's POV

Chapter One - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)

18K 358 336
By TheReal_Charmander

This story is going to be written by TheBoredDevil, SomeoneAwesome, and LiddySykes (previously Chocolate_Luv), a.k.a. TheReal_Charmander, our joined account.

We'll be writing in different POVs:

TheBoredDevil -> Cyra Lee

SomeoneAwesome -> Addie Fahrenheit

LiddySykes -> Zaira Ai

This story is completely fictional, but it's based on true stories (our lives). Many parts have been changed and/or exaggerated, though.

NOTE: this story wasn't intended to offend anyone (e.g. boys...) so please don't take it personally. It's entirely for the plot and for humour so yeah.

Enjoy! :P

(Dedicated to @jlap11 for reading, voting, and commenting.)

***

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter One (Zaira’s POV)

          As soon as I groggily woke up to that annoying alarm, I knew that it wasn’t going to be a good day.

          And I was right, as usual.

          The tangled mess of red curls piled on my head, my so-called hair, was in unruly knots, and there were large, ugly bags under my eyes. Grunting, I pulled out my brush and tried to sort out the unfortunate mess, but without much luck. With a loud sigh, I gave up and swept my hair into a ponytail before hurrying downstairs where a mouth-watering scent of bacon was making its way upstairs.

          I caught sight of a plate sitting on the kitchen table and my stomach grumbled loudly. But just as I was about to reach my heaven, my idiot of a brother jumped in front of me with a wicked smile plastered on his face.

          “Boo!” the five year-old shouted in my face, or at least he tried to considering the fact that he was only three feet tall.

          I gasped and placed a hand on my chest. “Ahh! Zach, you scared me so much,” I managed to say monotone, biting back a sarcastic reply since my mother was standing right beside the doorway watching our every move. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest and one eyebrow raised higher than the other, as if to tell me I'd better impress her.

          Zach grinned. He was still hanging onto my leg with a hopeful look on his face, cutting off my circulation. "Haha! I knew you were a scaredy-cat."

          Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Yeah, I know right?"

          At that, my also red-headed mom strutted out the room with a satisfied smile on her face.

          “But seriously, get a life,” I muttered under my breath and shook my brother off. I continued my way to the kitchen, refusing to let his behaviours get to me this early in the day. Plus, I really needed my breakfast.

          I was happily devouring my heavenly plate of bacon and eggs when my mom and brother joined me at the table, with Zach poking her arm for attention and starting his usual list of stupid questions.

          “What does ‘get a life’ mean, mommy?” Zach asked with a mouth full of eggs and his juice-covered hands banging on the table expectantly. "I thought I'm already alive." The kid actually looked confused about it.

          Immediately, my mom’s accusing hazel eyes landed on me. “Why, honey?” she asked patiently. I almost rolled my eyes at her. It was nearly impossible to stand his annoying presence, but to actually encourage him to talk? That was ridiculous.

          The little red-headed boy pointed his finger in my face, and I scrunched my nose up at the motion. “Zairy told me to!”

        "Why would you do that, Zaira?” my mother questioned with narrowed eyes. See? Life was not fair. She could spend hours talking to that idiot but couldn't even ask me a question in a sincere voice.

          “Because he needs to.” I sighed, not bothering to hide my annoyance.

          “How many times have I told you not to talk to your brother like that?” she asked again, but this time looking a lot more pissed off. And she was using the annoying motherly voice, too, which on normal days should've been a bad sign, but today I couldn't care less.

          I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the millionth time that day. “Two times too many.”

          “That’s it, you’re grounded.”

          “Surprise, surprise,” I said sarcastically.

          The day was already going bad; it couldn’t possibly get worse, could it? Well, it turned out luck wasn't exactly my best friend.

          ***

          The dismissal bell shrieked across the classroom and the hallways, and I winced. A few more times of hearing that and my eardrums would be destroyed, especially since my seat was directly underneath the speakers on the ceiling. Nevertheless, I hurried out of geography class and literally sprinted to the bristol board beside the restrooms. I had been waiting for days for this and it was mainly the reason why I couldn’t sleep at all the nights before. What is ‘this’, you might ask? Well, ‘this’ is the badminton team.

          Sure, I wasn't the greatest at badminton, but I did play it on a regular basis and it would practically crush me if I didn’t make the team. Honestly, I'd even gone out of my way to practice for the try-outs.

         I tried my best not to get my hopes up, since I was only a freshman and there were tons of other freshmen in this school, and even more people from the grades higher than mine. But I was determined to win one of these spots, especially since my dad had been a former badminton coach before he left. I mean, there had to be at least some of his sportiness in me, right?

          But then again, he did leave us.

          Stuffing the ugly thoughts about my dad to the back of my mind, I squeezed through bodies of lazy students and finally made my way to the board. Looking up expectantly at the piece of paper that had been stapled there, my eyes scanned the list frantically.

          William High’s Badminton Team:

          Boys:

          Xavier G.

          Charles I.

          Zuke L.

          Bryan P.

          Paul L.

          Mark L.

          Blake C.

          I groaned in frustration. Paul. I knew he would've made it. He used to always brag about his amazing badminton skills to me, even though I beat him every time we played together. But whatever, it wasn't like I cared about a thing he did anymore. Shrugging it off, my eyes continued making their way down the list.

          Girls:

          Lilly F.

          Julia G.

          Hailey W.

          Linda Z.

          Grace L.

          Sara S.

          Nervous and hung in high suspense, my heart pounded in my chest as my eyes skipped to the last line, silently praying for some luck.

          Zaira A.

          I literally felt like doing a cartwheel in the middle of the now almost deserted hallway. Seriously. Even though I couldn’t do a cartwheel at all, even if I tried. So I restrained myself, saving me from the risk of possibly breaking my back, and instead hugged the nearest person beside me, which, luckily, turned out to be my best friend Cyra.

          “Oh my fatcaking gosh!” I screamed, using my favourite swear-word-replacement while jumping up and down like a crazy monkey.

          Cyra chuckled lightly. “Congrats.”

          “Thanks!” I smiled brightly, not bothering to care that Cyra was probably being sarcastic.

          I continued to squeal and ignored the weird looks from the few people that had lingered around, mostly because I was used to those kinds of looks. According to my teachers and especially my mom, I was overly-hyper most of the time.

          However, that façade pretty much ended when I read the last words at the bottom of the page.

          Practices:

           Monday 3:00 pm – 4:45 pm

          Wednesday 7:15 am – 8:20 am

          Friday 7:15 am – 8:20 am

          Now that was a huge problem. I might come off as a really upbeat and hyper person, but I was definitely not a morning person. Plus, I had to take my brother to kindergarten every Friday, since my mom worked early that day of the week. Sighing, I shook my head lightly but then smirked. The coaches were the people that chose these unfortunate time schedules, so they would have to deal with my usually grumpy or cranky behaviours.

          “Whatever, their problem,” I said, grinning deviously at my dark-haired friend.

          She smirked. “Good luck to them.”

          I gasped dramatically. “Was that an insult I heard?”

          Cyra just shrugged, causing her red highlights to bounce, and I followed her as she headed down the hallway. The day had actually turned out to be pretty good, and nothing could ruin it now, right?

          Even as I thought that, I snorted at myself for being so unrealistic. Of course something would happen.

          ***

          “Five laps on the whistle,” Mr. V instructed and blew the ear-piercing piece of plastic.

         Everyone groaned from where they were sitting but got up and did what our coach instructed. Me included, of course. Actually, now that I think about it, I was the one that groaned the loudest, earning unsatisfied looks from both coaches.

         Once we were all done, sweaty and panting, the coaches told us to sit down and listen. I made sure that I sat as far away from Paul as possible and instead took a seat beside Xavier. I’d talked to him a couple of times, and he seemed like a pretty cool guy.

          “Okay, so this year we’re going to have two guy’s doubles, the same for girls, and two mixed doubles,” Mr. N, the co-coach started.

          “One guy and girl will be subs in case there are any injuries, which I hope we won’t have,” Mr. V continued for Mr. N. “Let’s start playing to see what you guys got, okay?”

         Everyone murmured and nodded in agreement, waiting for the coaches to tell us what to do next. I almost snickered at the sight of the nervous looks on their faces. But I couldn’t blame them though; Mr. V was a big scary guy when he wanted to be. And it wasn't like I wasn't a little afraid of him as well.

          “So let’s start off with Xavier with Lilly, versus Paul and Zaira.”

          Right then and there, I knew that I had been wrong. This could get worse. In fact, it probably already had.

          I cocked an eyebrow at Mr. V and glanced disapprovingly at Paul, who had the same expression I had on. Turned out luck wasn’t on my side no matter how hard I tried as Cyra’s brother, a.k.a. my worst nightmare, walked grudgingly towards me.

          Talk about awkward.

***

(edited and revised by Chocolate_Luv and SomeoneAwesome)

Sorry if it's fast paced or anything, but I wanted to get to the last part :P

And I'm sorry if Zaira's mood changes too fast... But that IS the way my moods are in real life... I can be really hyper one second and really depressed the next XD

Anyways, please VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN if you likey :)

<3

Chocolate_Luv

&

The rest of TheReal_Charmander

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 76 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
27.2K 111 60
Y/n a 16 year old, a high school (Junior) student was roaming around the park, when suddenly he bums into her.. Who is he? Y/n stands for your name...
3.1K 474 41
"I may be cheesy, and I may be cocky, but baby please, all I wanna be is your sweet yellow boned Papi." He cried out. Ever since I met him, I have be...
301 2 10
Normal frickin days. Boring usual college days. Normal us. So why. No ,where did it all go wrong. When did it all go wrong. Just a bunch of teenage g...