Iwaoi soulmate AU

By Mikayuuisgay

Oikawa Tooru lives in a world where fate picks who you spend the rest of your life with. Everyone is born wit... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Goodbye

Chapter 1

1.5K 43 48
By Mikayuuisgay

This story is officially incomplete, but you may proceed if you don't mind cliffhangers
Oikawa's Pov

Soulmates.
Your soulmate is the one person who you are destined to be with. No one knows who chooses their soulmate or why. It's a mystery no one shall ever know.

In this world, everyone has a soulmate. They will meet that one special person one day and spend the rest of their life with them. Most people usually meet their soulmate by the age of 25. How we know we have a soulmate is quite strange.

Everyone is born with two letters permanently inked on their right wrist. One letter stands for the first letter of your soulmates first name, and the second letter right underneath it stands for the first letter of your soulmates last name. Those two letters stay on your wrist even after you meet your soulmate. In order for the two words to fully appear , you must kiss your soulmate on the lips. My mother used to always tell me that fate never fails to bring two soulmates together. She assures me that I will find my soulmate one day and be with them for eternity.
But the thing is...I don't think that's possible for me.
I fear I may never find my soulmate for one reason.

My name is Oikawa Tooru, and I was born without a soulmate mark.

My right wrist is bare, along with my left one. When I was born into this world, my parents were shocked to see I had no soulmate mark. Everyone is born with one, so why wasn't I?
Why did fate have to do this to me. I wish I had those two letters on my wrist that assured me that I had a special someone out there that I will find one day. It was something so small, that made me feel so different from others.

I remember back when I was younger and it was my first day of school. My mother hugged me goodbye and wished me luck. I smiled and hugged her back, then entered the huge building. I first noticed how different I was from others when I started school.
All day on my first day of 1st grade, I got weird looks. People were whispering about me. Students and teachers.
I frowned and was completely unaware of why they were staring at me until a girl the same age as me approached me. She looked nervous to talk to me. I just looked at her, waiting for her to speak. She spoke, but the words that came out of her mouth caused me realize why everyone was staring at me. "W-why don't you have a soulmate mark..?", she questioned timidly. I tilted my head slightly in confusion. "What do you mean? I thought it was okay to not have a soulmate mark", I answered back. She shook her head and held up her right wrist. "No it's not normal, everyone has one except you."

At that moment, I felt like someone just slapped me across the face.

After that day I noticed how the other students acted towards me. They didn't speak to me, nor did they get near me. When it was lunch time, I sat alone and ate in silence on my first day of school...
But that was only the beginning.

At first I kinda got used to it. Being ignored and neglected by my peers. No one ever spoke to me which kinda hurt, but sadly I got used to it. After my 1st grade year, four years pasted.
5th grade.
Once again, it was my first day of school. I walked in the school building and once again like every year, everyone who has never seen me before gives me weird looks because of my blank wrist. During class, someone tossed a note onto my desk during the teacher's first lesson about mathematics. I unfolded the paper and read the content on it.
Why don't you have a soulmate mark, you freak?
I frowned at the note and quickly folded it up then shoved it in my backpack so I didn't have to look at it.
And that's when I started getting unwanted attention.
During recess, a group of boys approached me. One gripped my wrist tightly and laughed. "So the rumors were right. It really is the boy without a soulmate mark!", he spat. "Are you even human? Everyone has one but you. That's lame." His friends behind him snickered slightly at his taunts. I felt like crying, but I stayed strong. "Please let go of my wrist", I asked in the calmest tone I could muster. "Sure", the boy said. As he did so, he pushed me backwards by the hand, then let go so I would fall. I winced as my body made contact with the dirt ground. The group of boys walked away from me and once again I was alone. I didn't cry. I just sat up and looked at the ground. Why me.., I thought.

Once the day ended, I walked inside my house and removed my shoes at the door. "How was your first day?", I heard my moms voice ask.
I looked up and saw her smiling face. "Good I guess..", I mumbled as I sat my backpack down. "Are you sure Tooru- oh what happened to your uniform? It looks like it's covered in dirt", she exclaimed in worry. "I fell...that's all..", I muttered again. She didn't look convinced at all, but decided not to question it any farther. "Okay...if you say so", she then walked back into the kitchen to prepare dinner. I walked up stairs to my room and laid on my bed. Why do I have to be treated so differently for one little mark..,I thought to myself. I lifted my arm up and held it above my face, examining my wrist. I felt tears well in his eyes, but I refused to let them fall. "I hope they'll leave me alone tomorrow. This was probably only a one time thing", I whispered out loud.
Oh how wrong I was...

My 5th grade year was pretty awful. I had no friends still(which I was used to), but on top of that, I was now being verbally bullied. At first it was just daily taunts by that group of boys and sometimes girls saying how I'm a Freak. Weird. Different. And how I don't belong..

6th grade came along quickly and the same thing happened. I was bullied by more people this time. Constant taunts about my bare wrist. Soon, I started getting physically bullied. I would come home with a bruise or two on my arm or face. My mother would panic and pester me with questions about what happened. I would give her the same answers every time.

Sorry I fell and hit my face.
A volleyball hit me in gym today.
I accidentally ran into a pole.

Soon she stopped believing my lies and asked me what was really going on.
"Tooru", she said one day. I looked up from the book I was reading about aliens. "Yes mom?"
"Tell me the truth and only the truth..are you being bullied", she asked me. I could hear the sadness in her tone. Once she asked that question, I subconsciously started to tear up.
My mom quickly stood up and pulled me into a hug once she saw tears streaming down my face. "So it is true..", she whispered. "Why didn't you tell me sooner, Tooru", she questioned sadly. "Because I didn't want to worry you.."I whispered. My mom just hugged me closer. I soon hugged her back.

6th grade went on for me horribly. The teachers refused to do anything about my bullying and I had to beg my mom not to confront the school about it. I didn't want to look like a whinny child who needed his moms protection. I wanted to prove I was strong..but I never did.

I also noticed strange things happening to my mom. She looked more spaced out and tired. Every time I'd ask her if she's okay, she'd play it off with a smile and say, "Its just a little headache, nothing to worry about sweetie."

One day I was watching a documentary about crop circles and possible alien life existing on earth on TV. I have always been fascinated about aliens and space. My mom walked in holding a mug of warm tea in her hand. I flinched when I heard a loud shattering noise. I quickly turned towards my mom and noticed she had dropped her cup of tea. What shocked me more was when I saw her hands. They were shaking badly and my mom looked strangely pale and sick looking. "M-mom are you okay?", I stuttered. She only nodded and shook her head slightly. "Y-yeah..I don't know what happened..it just suddenly slipped out of my grip..", she said. She sounded spaced out and kinda shocked. I frowned and watched as she turned around and walked into the kitchen to retrieve a broom and dustpan to clean up the broken remains of the mug. Once she cleaned up the mess, she sat next to me and smiled. "You really love outer space don't you, Tooru?", she asked. I only nodded and smiled.

Right now it was summer break. I had no school for 2 months. I was nervous, because next year I start junior high.

We heard a loud noise outside. It sounded like a truck engine. "Oh that's probably the moving truck", my mother said as she stood up quickly. "Moving truck?", I questioned.
"Yes. The house next to us sold, so we got new neighbors. Let's go greet them and ask if they want any help."
I turned off the the tv and nodded.

We walked outside, then walked over to the house next to us. The For Sale sign in the yard, had another smaller sign on the corner of it that read Sold. A women in a yellow sun dress came out and smiled when she saw my mother and I. "Hello, you must be our new neighbors", she said. My mother nodded and smiled. "Yes I am. My name is Hana Oikawa and this is my son, Tooru Oikawa", my mom introduced us. The women smiled. "I'm Akane Iwaizumi. It's nice to meet you", she nodded her head slightly and my mother did the same. "Do you need any help unpacking?", my mom asked. The lady smiled kindly and nodded. "Oh thank you. Of course", she said then walked towards the moving truck. My mom followed her, but I didn't because something else caught my eye.

A boy my age. He had spiky dark hair and was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts. I approached him and smiled. "Hello! I'm Tooru Oikawa!", I exclaimed happily. The boy looked at me like I grew a second head. "I'm your new neighbor", I added with less confidence. "Oh that makes sense. Is that your mom helping my mom?", he pointed towards the two women who were unloading boxes from the moving truck. I nodded and smiled. "What's your name?", I asked. I prayed he wouldn't notice my bare wrist, but everyone notices it the second they lay eyes on me. "Hajime Iwaizumi..", he says in a bored tone. "Oh! It's nice to meet you Iwaizumi-chan!" , I say happily. "Don't used that honorific with my name", he blankly says. I flinch at his tone. "I'm sorry Iwaizumi!", I quickly bow to show an apology. Iwaizumi rolls his eyes and sighs. "You don't have to bow to apologize", he once again uses that blank, bored tone. I stand up straight and smile. "Oh okay Iwaizumi!"

He only nods and sits on the grass. I sit across from him and smile. Its been about 5 minutes and he hasn't said anything about my mark, I thought. I look at Iwaizumi's soulmate mark and notice it's a T with an O underneath. I then looked back up at Iwaizumi's face and smiled. "So why did you move houses?", I asked.
Iwaizumi seemed hesitant to answer, but then finally responded.
"My mom just wanted a fresh start is all..", he said in a quite tone. I could tell it was a touchy subject so I didn't ask about why she wanted a fresh start. I just smiled and nodded.

For some reason...I felt happy around this boy.
I wonder why. (A/N: It's because you're slowly turning gay)

"Oi. Why do you smile so much. Your mouth is gonna break from how much you smile", Iwaizumi said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh? I guess I'm happy to meet new people", I respond. Iwaizumi only nods. "So how old are you?", I asked. "I'm 12."
"Really?! Me too!", I exclaimed. Iwaizumi only nodded once again. "We'll go to the same school too! Will you be my friend?!", I asked. "I will only if you stop yelling." I immediately smiled once again and cheered gleefully. "Yay!" Iwaizumi glared at me for yelling again, so I stopped and talked quieter.

"Sorry for yelling...I just feel happy..you're my first friend", I said. My smile was replaced with a sad smile. I started to remember how I was treated in school. Will Iwaizumi hate me once he finds out how other kids feel about me, I thought. I looked at Iwaizumi and saw him give me a look of pity. "Don't you go to school and hang out with other kids?", he asked. I nodded and smiled sadly. "Yes, but they don't like me", I responded. "Why?", Iwaizumi asked.

Before I could answer I heard a loud shattering noise. It sounded similar to the one earlier when my mom dropped her mug of tea. I heard a gasp and my mom frantically apologizing. Iwaizumi and I stood up at the same time and ran towards the moving truck. I saw my mom dropped a small box that apparently contained a small red vase. Iwaizumi's mom just smiled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay it's okay. It was a cheap old thing anyways. I can live without it", she reassured my mom quickly. My mom only nodded and looked down at her hands. She looked confused and scared. Once again, I noticed her hands were shaky.

"Mom why don't you go home and rest...? Iwaizumi and I will help put the rest of the boxes inside..", I said with a small smile on my lips. My mom nodded slightly and looked down. "I guess I'll have to. I don't want to accidentally drop anything else and I feel lightheaded..", she pressed the palm of her hand against her forehead and sighed. "Make sure your home by dinner time", my mom said kindly, the walked back towards the house. I only nodded and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Iwaizumi with a look of concern on his face as my mother walked back to our house. 

After Iwaizumi and I cleaned up the remains of the red vase that was spilled on the driveway, we carried the few boxes that were left inside. Mrs. Iwaizumi thanked me and smiled sweetly at me. "Tell your mother I hope she gets better soon and not to Worry about the vase." I nodded at her request and smiled. "Goodbye Mrs.Iwaizumi. Goodbye Iwa-chan", I waved and walked back towards my house. As I was walking my eyes widened in shock. Did I just call him Iwa-chan?!, I thought.

Iwaizumi's Pov:

I hear my mother giggle slightly as the words "Iwa-chan" escaped Oikawa's mouth. My face reddened with embarrassment at the nickname.
"Aw how cute, he already has a nickname for you", my mom coos and smiles at me. "Go wash up while I order dinner", she said as we both walked inside. "It's not cute..", I say as I leave her side and walk up stairs to my new bedroom which was filled with boxes of my belongings.

This is going to be a lot of unpacking.., I thought.
Maybe I can ask Oikawa to help me- I immediately stop my thoughts and shake my head slightly. No, anyone but him..he seems nice but he looks to...happy..his smile is blinding. Plus he talks to loud..

I thought back to what he said "-I just feel happy...you're my first friend", I remembered him saying to me after I agreed to be his friend. He looks like he would be popular in school so I wonder why he had no friends before me. I stopped my thought when I heard my mom call me from downstairs that the food's here. I leave my room and walk downstairs.

~Time skip~
After dinner, I spent an hour unpacking what I could before I had to go to bed. The only things set up was my desk and chair, along with all my art supplies on top. I had a passion for drawing. And my bed along with pillows and blankets were already set up so I could go to sleep.

I changed into a lose fitting shirt and comfortable shorts, then laid down in bed.
I suddenly remembered the question I asked Oikawa before his mother accidentally dropped the box containing the red vase. I wonder why he says no one at school likes him.., I thought. Suddenly I yawned and that was the last question on my mind before I drifted off to sleep.

A/N:
Oh my god that was the most writing I have ever done! I wrote all this from 2:30 a.m to 4:30 a.m XD.
It's now light outside and I have not slept at all. :,)
I don't even think I have the energy to edit this for grammar errors.
Anyways I hope y'all like this story of mine. I don't know why I suddenly got inspiration and motivation to write a story at 2:00 in the morning. Oh well.
And this story contains over 2,940 words.
Counting the A/N it includes over 3,000.
Im gonna go to sleep now. I hope y'all like this story.
                             ~Mika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 529 16
~In an AU where you get a string at some point in your life at 16, which is connected to your soulmate. Only you and your soulmate can see it. The st...
219K 7.7K 58
(L/N) (Y/N) and Oikawa Tooru. You are the power couple of Seijoh. Everyone knows it since both of you are captains of your volleyball teams. Life was...
166K 5.8K 26
Iwaizumi decides to get his first tattoo for his 21st birthday, he wasn't expecting the tattoo artist to be an old classmate he has a history with. A...
20.9K 1.5K 8
Kaito Ishioka had a problem. He had a massive problem. More than one, actually. One, he's a romantic. Two, he's horrible at studying. Three, his tend...