Brooklyn's Queen: A Spot Conl...

By queenofnewsies23

Finley Kelly, the little sister of the famous Jack Kelly. She's the only girl newsie in all of New York, and... More

Intro
Chapter 1: Carrying The Banner
Chapter 2: You learn from Jack, you learn from the best
Chapter 3: Girl?
Chapter 4: Darkness
Chapter 5: The World Will Know
Chapter 6: Ambassadors
Chapter 7: Spot Conlon
Chapter 8: Seize the Day
Chapter 9: Those Eyes
Chapter 10: Brooklyn Is Here!
Chapter 11: You's A Brave Goil
Chapter 12: Jack 'ill Kill Me
Chapter 13: Perfectly Toned Body
Chapter 14: Any Problems?
Chapter 15: High Times, Hard Times
Chapter 16: Our Man Denton
Chapter 17: I Don't Understand
Chapter 18: You's Stabbed Us All In The Back
Chapter 19: Firery Goils
Chapter 20: John Davis
Chapter 21: The World Will Feel The Fire and Finally Know
Chapter 22: Dear Old Brotha
Chapter 23: You's Spot's goil?
Chapter 24: Thank Ya, I Mean It
Chapter 25: Harry from Queens
Chapter 26: Guess That Lucky Guy Is You
Chapter 27: About, You and Spot
Chapter 28: Business
Chapter 29: Girls Night Out
Chapter 30: Murderers in New York
Chapter 31: Still Living In Brooklyn
Chapter 32: Comin' to 'hattan
Chapter 33: Who Disobeyed My Orders
Chapter 34: Us?
Chapter 35: Wit and Maisy
Chapter 37: Awake
Chapter 38: Cookies
Chapter 39: I Love You

Chapter 36: Caught

4.3K 67 120
By queenofnewsies23

"So whats it going to be honey?" Maisy stood in front of me. It felt like hours that she was gone, and it must have been. I got to bored, that I started counting seconds and minutes. My eyes were not focusing from the blow to my head she just gave me. I blinked to bring them back. "Hm?"

"Please, don't hurt my brotha." I whispered. 

"What? What did you say?" Maisy said sarcastically. She clearly heard me.

I sat there silent, keeping my gaze on the ground. I couldn't make eye contact with her. She then reached down with her hand, placed it under my chin, and jerked my head up to face her. I was breathing heavily and I was starting to get tired. I wasn't sure how long I was here, but my energy was started to wear off. 

"Tell me you little whore!" She screamed into my face. I just stared into her eye, again saying nothing. She threw my face back down and paced the ground in front of me. I kept my head down. "This is ridiculous, everyone else gave us information now, but you."

"What?" I said.

"Oh, that's right, I forgot to tell you. Everyone we killed had information that we needed about your boyfriend, and each and everyone of them gave it too us without hesitation. Of course we promised we wouldn't kill them after they told us everything they know, but that's just how the world goes now." 

"Yous sick, yous a sick person." I told her.

Maisy chukcled. "Oh honey, it's called lifes not fair, get used to it."

I then heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I didn't even look to see who it was. I guessed it was Wit.

"Come on Maisy dear, anything?" Yes, it was Wit, that was his voice.

"Not a clue." Maisy said. 

Wit's footsteps quickened, his hand came up, and he slapped me across my face. I winced at the sharp pain. He hit the same side that Maisy hit just seconds ago. Wit then bent down. My gaze still was on the ground. He then pulled a knife out of his pocket and held it in his hands. He brought it under my chin and forced me to look at him. "Listen here little girl, your going to tell us all we want to know, or you will be sorry."

My tired eyes faced his. I felt the knife on my skin. It was cold and it sent chills up and down my spine. 

"Okay, fine." Wit then proceeded to cut the ropes holding my right arm down to the chair. My arm was free, but not for long. Wit grabbed it and forcefully slammed it back down on the chair. He turned my arm over so the inside of my arm was facing us. Wit gave me an evil smile, then pressed the cold knife on my wrist. He brought the knife deeper until he cut open the skin.

I screamed out in pain. I turned my head away and closed my eyes. I felt the blood drip down my arm. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

"Look!" Wit grabbed my face and turned it towards him. He was holding up my arm with the red liquid falling down it. "This is what's going to happen more if you don' talk!" 

He threw my arm aside and came close to my face. "So here the first question."

Wit held the knife on the side of my face. My heart was racing, my breaths were short. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to keep Spot safe, but Maisy knew about Jack. I wanted to keep him safe too, but I couldn't choose between the two people I loved. 

"Okay, so Finley, tell us Spot Conlon's real name." Maisy said.

I looked up at her, this question I actually didn't know the answer to. "I's don't know."

After I said those words, Wit took the knife and stabbed my leg with it. I screamed out. The pain was severe, worse than anything I've felt. I tried ways to make the pain go away, but it was all I could focus on. 

"See? Told you it would be much more painful." Wit teased.

How could they do this to someone? Torture them like this? It wasn't human.

Tears rolled down my face as I tried to think of anything else. All I could do was hope that someone would find me, some how, and help. I needed help. 

"Just for not answering one question, you won't be able to walk." Wit shrugged and motion Maisy to go on. 

"Okay, so next question." Maisy came behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Tell me, how long Spot has been here in Brooklyn."

I searched in my mind, but I didn't not know that answer either. I quickly glanced up at Wit holding the knife. I was afraid to answer the question.

"Please, I's swear I's don't know!" I pleaded. 

Too late to think, Wit with a quick motion, punched me in the stomach. It was hard enough that it knocked the wind out of me. I hunched over and gasped for air for a few seconds. Once I gained my breaths again, I looked up and saw the two standing in front of me. They starred at me with their cold, evil look. 

"Okay, time for plan B." Maisy turned on her heels and started to walk out of the dark basement. 

"Where are you now going?" Wit asked, rolling his eyes. 

"You'll see honey, I know the right thing to get her talking." Maisy winked at me.

"No, please don't!" I yelled. Water streamed from my eyes. "Please." 

"Oh honey, your too late to change plans. You already chose the path you want to take." And she walked up the stairs.

She was going to get Jack. I was hoping he wasn't stupid enough to fall for any tricks she put in front of him, but Jack sometimes had a dull spot. I was scared, for me, Jack, and Spot. These people were dangerous.

Wit bent down. "Not sure where my girl went, but it got you worried, didn't it?" 

He traced my face with the knife. I shut my eyes tight and tried pulling away from him. The pain in my leg would not go away, and I didn't have the guts to look down at it. I knew it was bad, and soon it would be infected if not treated. 

"Well, I guess we'll just wait around for a while." Wit grabbed a piece of cloth that had been hanging on another chair that was placed down there and walked closer to me. "And, I want you to save your voice for later."

He then tied the cloth around my mouth, securing it on so tight in the back, it hurt. He then moved the chair for it to be directly in front of me and sat in it. His eyes pierced me, and I looked away quickly. I caught him twirling the knife in his hands. The knife was not red with my blood. I tried not to look, but ever so often it would catch my eye. 

I was so tired. I once started to doze off, and I guess Wit did not like that. He stood up and slapped my hard across my face, screaming at me to wake up. My mind focused on Spot. I wondered if he was out there looking for me, or not even realizing I was gone for this long. I miss him. Why did I have to say those last words to him? What if those were the last words I ever said to him...

Just then, we heard a loud noise upstairs. It was the sound of a door being slammed open. It surprised me because all the time I was here, I never heard anything up there, but I heard everything going on. There was yelling and lots of footsteps. 

"What the hell?" Wit stood up slowly.

I then heard a loud voice. "Is she down here?"

Was it, Spot? My heart raced just at the thought. It sounded like him.

The door to the basement was thrown open and light shown down the stairs. I saw a few feet rush down the stairs.

"Shit!" Wit stood in front of me, facing the stairs, holding his knife out in front of him. Thank goodness he didn't have his gun.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw my thought was true. It was Spot. His dirty blonde hair was a mess, and his face was red with anger, I saw it in his eyes. He turned and saw me, and stopped dead. I must have looked like a wreck. We looked at each other for a few seconds, until he realized Wit was here as well. 

Spot's face became raged. He saw Wit standing there with the knife, and started to walk slowly towards him.

"Come on Wit, put the damn knife down." Spot warned. 

"You want the girl?" Wit pointed at me and started back up slowly, still holding the knife towards Spot. I then saw other boys behind him, but all of this was too much for me that my eyes would not focus. 

Wit then raced behind me and held the knife up to my throat. He chuckled as Spot and the other boys stopped moving.

"Wit! Leave her out of dis, it's between yous and me!" Spot held his hands out in front of him, motioning for him to stop. 

I felt the cold blade get deeper on my skin, and my breathing became shorter and shorter. I saw Spot look up and down at my body. I felt his heart sink once he saw me like this. 

"Wit, come on man, please don't do this." Spot's voice calmed down. He knew that right now yelling at him was not going to help. 

"Hurting her, means hurting you right?" Wit laughed nervously. 

Spot kept his hands and voice steady. "No, no, Wit, you don't want to do this." 

"Why not? I did it to other people, why not her?" 

I felt Wit press the knife harder onto my throat. He was about to slice my skin open, but more footsteps coming down the stairs caught him off guard. His head looked up to see who it was, and Spot saw this moment. He lunged at Wit, tackling him to the ground. I finally was able to breath normally. I heard both of them yell, but I could not see anything since they were behind me. Some other boys rushed over to help their leader. My eyes darted around trying to see what was going on.

I then turned and saw Spot coming over to me. He raced over and bent down next to me. His hands came up to my face and ran threw my hair.

"Shit," His voice became shaky." Oh my god Finley, I's so sorry." 

His eyes searched me up and down. I wanted to reach out to him and tell him all was fine now, but my arms and legs were still tied and my mouth was covered. Spot took a moment to take in everything that happened to me, when he realized I was still tied up. 

"Oh geez, let's get des off ya." He kept his eyes on mine. I looked back into them, and all the pain went away. His eyes kept me entranced. "Duke! Gimme the knife!"

Duke came over to me and handed Spot the knife. Spot began to cut away at the rope that burned my skin. I looked up at Duke who looked worried.

"Jesus christ Finn." He reached over and untied the cloth covering my mouth. "Tis should not have happened to ya." He whispered. 

"It's okay." I croaked back.

Spot finished cutting the ropes and then brought his gaze back to me. "Oh my god." He looked stressed and tired, and I saw blood dripping from his arm. Wit must have gotten him with the knife.

"Spot, yous arm." I told him.

Spot hands caressed my face. "Don't yous worry 'bout my arm, yous the one we need to focus on." 

I then looked up and saw Red, McGee, Race, and Mush holding Wit's arms behind his back. It was nice to see them, all of them. My eyes connected with Race's and he looked away and shook his head. 

"Here, use these." Duke handed the rope that held me to the chair to the boys to tie up Wit.

"Tie 'em up nice and tight." Spot told them, still not taking his eyes off of me. 

Wit then began to speak. "Spot Conlon, your a dead man, you and your little girlfriend."

McGee then quickly punched him in the jaw. "Shut up you bastard!" 

Wit smiled as the boys tied him up. Then then shoved him forward and walked him up the stairs. 

"Let me get Jack." Duke followed them up the stairs. Was Jack here? I desperately wanted to see my brother. I wanted to make sure nothing happened to him. 

"Oh Finn, oh my god." Spot hung his head in my lap. 

"Hey, hey," I took my weak arms, placed it under his chin and lifted it for him to see me. "I's fine, I's here." I gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Oh shit." I looked up and saw Jack run towards me. He bent down next to Spot. "Finley, jesus."

"Hey Jack." I said weakly. I gave him a small smile.

He rubbed his face and wiped the tears off his face. "Let's get yous home."

I nodded and started to stand up, then all the pain from my leg came back. I yelled in pain and sat back down quickly. I clutched my injured leg and bit my lip to refrain from crying. I then looked at my hands and they were covered with blood. My leg was still bleeding.

"Whats wrong?" Spot asked nervously. 

I winced. "Wit, stabbed me in the leg." I pointed at my wounds.

Spot closed him eyes and rubbed the back of his neck. "I's goin' to kill that son of a bitch." He whispered. 

"Okay, okay, we'll help ya." Jack said. Spot nodded in agreement. 

They each grabbed one my my arms and helped me as I crutched along the floor. We came to the stairs and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it up them. Spot must have seen the look on my face, and he proceeded to place his hands behind me, and pick me up bridal style. 

"Spot, I's can make it." I complained, but I knew I couldn't.

"No, yous can't." He then continued to walk forward, carrying me up the flight of stairs.

"Finn, he's right." Jack told me, following us up.

We got to the top and the rest of the boys were waiting for us. Spot placed me down and I grabbed onto him for stabilization. I saw Wit and Maisy both tied up and sitting on the ground. I looked over at Maisy and she winked at me.

"Come on Finn." Spot grumbled as he starred down the two. 

"Mush, go to de police station, bring 'em here. Tell them you found the murderers." Jack said. 

Mush nodded and took off. Jack, Spot, and I continued to walk towards the front door.

"Why, why is everything so blurry?" I whispered. My eyes were not focusing and I began stumbling.

"Finley, what's wrong?" Jack asked. 

I then felt as if I couldn't hold myself up any more and collapsed on the floor. 

"Finn!" Spot yelled.

I just felt so weak. I couldn't keep myself up. I felt lifeless as Jack and Spot tried their best to keep me up. My eyes began to flutter shut.

"Oh no Finn! Come on, wake up!" I heard Jack say. 

Everything was in a haze. 

"She lost lots of blood." Spot's shaky voice came back, and then, my eyes closed shut.

____________________

Ahh! So much happened in this chapter!!

Sorry it's a bit longer than what I normally write, but I couldn't stop!!

Please let me know what you think in the comments! I love to hear feedback!:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 148 13
Jolynn Morris was the twin sister to Charlie (or Crutchy). They were both outcasts in Queens. Crutchy because he was a crip and Jolynn because she wa...
66.7K 746 16
Joss Kelly is the younger sister of Manhattan Newsie Jack Kelly. Joss is the only female Newsie in Manhattan, so she hides behind the alias of Jace K...
99.3K 1.2K 29
Jewel was different. Unlike any other. She was a newsie, and a girl. Racetrack's twin. When the Newsies strike occurs, Jewel falls for one that nobo...
75.2K 1.7K 17
NOTE: CURRENTLY UNDERGOING REVISION! Twilight Eventide is a 15 year old girl who has a temper, a bad temper. That's where she got her name, Tempest...