Snowflakes Fall and So Did I

By CrazyAnimationChick

*Cover Art by Panprika* When Elsa's parents leave for business over seas, they send Elsa and her sister to li... More

~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~ CHAPTER 44 ~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~

~CHAPTER 10~

595 29 20
By CrazyAnimationChick

Anna's POV

The Mario Kart race between Astrid and Merida ended with a tie, which threw them into a tiebreaker race with GoGo, who easily defeated them, thus resulting in the tie to remain. I don't think I blinked or breathed at all once I first started watching them with Rapunzel, who had unfortunately missed the last moments, which were definitely the most intense.

I know she went to the bathroom, but she's been gone for a long while. Either a) there's a line, b) she got lost (although I seriously doubt that. She's been here before, so she must know where the bathrooms are), c) she's talking to someone, or d) she's being murdered or raped.

The last option made me sick, so I pushed every thought of it away and tried to remain optimistic. Whatever is taking her so long, it's most definitely one of the other options. She probably has diarrhea. There probably is a line because of her, if that's the case.

I giggled at the thought, which gained the attention of Astrid and Merida, who were sitting next to me and watching the new duo of players play the game.

"What's so funny, lass?" Asked Merida.

"I was just thinking about my cousin," I answered, deliberately not mentioning the diarrhea part in case I grossed them out and made things awkward. "She watched the beginning or your races, but she left to go to the bathroom and missed the last few minutes."

"Damn," says Astrid, "Those were the most intense minutes."

"I know, right?" I say, giggling before I stood up. "I'm gonna go look for her. She might've fallen in the toilet." I giggled again. "I'll be back. Save my seat, please."

Merida turns her body so her legs took up the empty space that I was sitting in. She leaned against Astrid and saluted to me. "I gotcha, lass."

I sent her a big smile. "Thank you." After that, I left to venture downstairs.

The party really is like everything I've imagined. There's dancing, drinking, and a lot of kissing. I've only been eating and watching my friends compete with each other on the Wii, so I have yet to dance, but I'm going to make sure that it happens. It has to! The illegal drinking and kissing won't happen, which is unfortunate, so I have to dance to my heart's content. I'm going to dance so hard that everyone at school will be able to feel how sore I am.

Actually, now that I think about it, Elsa never said anything about kissing. If she did then I definitely zoned that part out. All I need to do is find someone and work my quirky charm on them. Maybe I'll get a kiss tonight after all. Maybe I'll meet the one.

I was so lost in the thought of meeting my true love that I didn't realize I was sprinting down the stairs, nor did I see the person in front of me. I bumped into the person's back...hard. So hard, in fact, that I ended up falling equally hard on my butt on a random step. "Hey!" I exclaimed, annoyed with the person for standing at the end of of the staircase, blocking it and getting in my way.

Although, I know it wasn't their fault. It's mine. I'm just embarrassed and am blaming them because of it.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," the person said when they turned around, eyes full of concern as he stared down at me. Others were staring too, but I paid them no attention. How could I with him standing right there? "Are you hurt?" He asked and it was like he put me in a trance.

"Hey." I muttered under my breathe in definite attraction.

My throat is dry and tight, my heart either stopped beating or went into a beating overdrive frenzy, my jaw open, and my eyes are wide. Because Oh. My. GOD!

I only have one class with him (music), since he's older and is in Elsa's grade, but I know who he is. I've seen him around and of course I've stared. How could I not? A male of such beauty is meant to be stared at, and if others don't do it then I certainly will.

Red hair and the facial features of a god stared back at me with beautiful concerned green eyes that left me breathless, and when he spoke I was left weak in the knees. "Um...Miss?" It was then that I realized he asked me a question.

"Oh um," I cleared my throat to speak better, but it was still shaky. "I-I'm fine. Thank you."

He flashes me a warm smile. "Thank goodness. Here," he extends a hand for me to take and that's when I realized I was still sitting on the stairs.

My face heats up in embarrassment, but I ignore it as I smile and take his hand. I expected to feel sparks like how the protagonist in love stories usually does when she first touches her love interest, but I felt nothing. Perhaps I'll feel sparks when I kiss him.

"Once again," he says, as he gently pulls me to my feet, "I'm sorry that you fell."

His voice made me melt inside. "Oh that's okay." I say as we let go of each other's hands, much to my disappointment. "I should have paid attention to where I was going instead of dreaming in la la land."

"La la land?" Hans repeats, chuckling. "How can you wander off there when you're at a party?"

"You'd be surprised at how much it happens," I answered, chuckling nervously. I then extended my now sweaty hand out for him to shake. "I'm Anna Arendelle by the way."

He goes to shake it, but I quickly jerk my hand back to wipe the sweat off of it, which makes him halt. "Sorry," I say as I quickly grab a hold of his hand he left outward, "Sweaty palms."

He laughs while I blush in embarrassment. Why did I say that?! Oh my god! "No worries. I'm Hans Westerguard. Although, I'm sure you already knew that since you said my name a moment ago." He said.

Before I could stop myself, I said, "You're darn right I know who you are." I winced at how creepy it sounded and continued to accidentally make it worse, "Not that I stalk you or anything. Because I don't. That's weird. I'm not weird. Well maybe a little, but who isn't? Normal doesn't exist. I'm sure you're weird too. Are you weird? I think you're perfect. And now I just made this awkward."

Especially since throughout the entire ramble, I had nervously increased the shaking of our hands.

I quickly let his hand go and say, "Well, goodbye." I turn to leave, but he stops me.

"Wait," he called out, and next thing I know, he's holding on to my hand again. For the third time in the span of minutes!

I look back at him in surprise. "Yes?" I don't know what I wanted him to say, but I was hopeful for something, anything, that involved him.

He opens his mouth to speak, but before he could form any words, Ruffnut and Tuffnut suddenly run into him, causing him to shove into me, which causes me to fall backwards onto the small couch on the side of the stairs. Hans falls on top of me and the twins merely laugh out their apology as they ran up the stairs.

Once more, I was left in shock. "Oh this is awkward," I say to the very handsome man on top of me. Hans looked as red as his hair, I probably looked the same, and my nervous rambling made it worse. "Not that you're awkward. I'm awkward. You're gorgeous. Wait what?"

Hans nervously chuckles, and much to my confusion I felt the vibration in my hands. That's when I noticed my hands were on his chest, gripping his shirt. I quickly let go, although really I wanted to keep holding on, and I awkwardly look at everything that wasn't him. Wow, that's a pretty picture on the wall.

"Glad I caught you," he said, his voice sounding smoother than silk. It gave me goosebumps and I couldn't help but slightly shiver.

I didn't realize his hands were protectively wrapped around my waist until I felt him remove them and stand up. I tried not to look disappointed at the absence of his hands on my waist, at the absence of his shirt in my hands, and at the absence of his warm body on top of my mind. It felt really nice, and I don't mean to make it sound sexual. I've never cuddled anyone except my sister (way back when) and my cousin. And yes, while brief, I consider what just happened an accidental cuddle hug.

He goes ahead and takes my hand without offering it and helps me to my feet once more. "I'd like to apologize for being the person you accidentally ran into and..." he releases a shaky sigh. "And for every moment after."

His nervousness was too cute and I found myself laughing. "Don't worry. I am in no way, shape, or form complaining." This time I meant to say it.

Hans smiles. "Well, if that's so, would you mind accompanying me for the rest of the evening?"

My eyes widened and my mouth worked as if it had a mind of its own. "YES!" I exclaimed, then quickly composed myself in embarrassment. "Oh...um...I mean..." I cleared my throat and conjured up as much sophistication as I could. I tried to be like Elsa. I tilted my head up higher and said with a wide but calm smile and said, "I'd love to."

And before I could even blink, Hans moves at the speed of light, and pulls me into him, leading us into a dance of twirls throughout house. "Whoo," I say, breathlessly as we danced. "You move fast."

"Should I slow down?" He asked.

I frantically shook my head. "No. I like fast." And of course, I spun us faster.

Hans laughed, and of course I laughed too, and of course I felt the butterflies explode within me. Butterbombs I like to call them. "What else do you like?" He asked, and as we twirled, moving past the teens that were wildly dancing but were dancing perfectly to the rhythm of the music (whereas Hans and I were not), I told him everything that came to mind.

Chocolate, sandwiches, dresses, Spring time, the Holidays (birthdays included), Snowboarding, dancing, attractive boys (which he totally grinned at), BABY ANIMALS, drama shows, singing, school, romance, and my family.

"I don't like my family so much," he said when I mentioned mine and gave me a spin.

"Why's that?" I asked after he spun me.

"I'm the youngest of 12 brothers," Hans answered, "Need I say more?"

I released an impressed whistle. "Nope. I totally get it. I only have one older sibling, but I consider my cousin an older sibling too. So really I have two. My sister and cousin are both the same age as well. They're also in your grade. You probably have classes with them. They're names are Elsa and Rapunzel."

Hans nods. "Yes, I'm aware of who they are. Everyone does, more so Rapunzel since she's been here longer. You and your sister were the talk of the school for the entire first week."

My eyes widened at the news. "Oh my gosh, really?! What's been said about us?"

"Oh you know," Hans shrugs, sounding playful, "The usual stuff when a pretty face arrives." My face blushes at this.

"And what stuff is that?" I asked. We haven't stopped dancing at all, and while our bodies moved, our eyes stayed frozen to each other's. I've never seen such a beautiful shade of green before. And his sideburns are totally coming in nicely.

Hans brings his face closer to mine and I wanted nothing more than to completely close the distance between our lips. "Your beauty. And..." He pauses to give me another spin, making me squeal. When I was back in his chest he continued his sentence. "And your money."

My money? "I technically don't have money," I explained to him, "My parents, aunt, and uncle do though. My parents help design and create buildings, while my aunt and uncle run the Corona beer company. Such an odd mix, right? Beauty, however, I do have. I like to think I have sophisticated grace, but that's still a work in progress." Just then my stomach growled, cutting me off, but definitely saving me from rambling some more. Ugh I've never been this nervous before. I still can't believe he's even dancing and talking to me. GASP! Could he be...the one?

Before I could think more on it, my stomach growls again, striking me into action. "Hey, do you mind dancing us to the food table?" I asked, hating that it would mean stopping our dancing. "I want a sandwich."

Hans laughs a laugh that could put every Angels' to shame and says, "Of course, m'lady." Oh la la. M'lady! I've never been called that before. It's nice. I am a m'lady, aren't I?

We danced all the way to the food table where I, along with Hans, fill up our plates with nothing but sandwiches. When our plates were filled, Hans and I stay standing against the wall by the table, and as I stuffed my mouth with the first sandwich I chose, I said, "So you have how many brothers?" It wasn't ladylike to talk with a full mouth, but I was curious and starving at the same time. I couldn't help myself.

Hans, thankfully, didn't seem to mind. "Twelve." He answered. "Two of them pretended that I was invisible. For two years!"

"That's horrible!" I declared, knowing exactly how he felt. Elsa pretty much did the exact same thing to me.

Hans shrugs, acting as though it didn't bother him, but I knew from personal experience that it did. "It's what brothers do," he said, trying to justify it.

"And sisters," I added, hating the painful memories that flashed through my mind. "Elsa and I were really close when we were young, but then...one day she just...shut me out and...I never knew why." Aaaaannndddd just like that the moment is ruined and I no longer feel happy. I casted my gaze downwards to the shiny tile floor and no longer did I have an appetite. I didn't bother to hide my sadness, and Hans was quick to sprint into action.

He takes my plate from me, sets it aside on the food table, and grasps my hands in his. "I would never shut you out." His voice is gentle, his lips were tugged into a small reassuring smile, and his eyes were softened into a gaze that heated me up but also froze me solid.

My heart started to pound faster due to his action, and its beating increased even more when boldness took over me. This is my chance for romance and he definitely seems interested. I can't let it slip away. I can't just ignore it like...like Elsa did with me.

"Okay," I start, laughing a little in disbelief at what I know I'm about to say, "Can I just say something crazy?" To be honest, I don't know why I even asked him that. I was going to tell him anyway.

"I love crazy," Hans replied, making every bit of nervousness vanish within me.

"All my life has been a series of doors in my face," I begin, squeezing his hands tighter, "but then suddenly...I bumped into you. And now it's just...I don't know. It's just...I feel really connected to you. I feel a real connection. Do...do you?" The nervousness quickly came back, but it vanished just as quickly when he smiled wide at me.

"I was thinking the same thing," he said excitedly, "cause like...I've been searching my whole life to find my own place and now...I think I found it. I think...No, I know that it's you. Maybe it's the party talking, maybe it's the chocolate fondue that I had, or maybe what it really is...is my heart. When I first saw your face it was--"

"Nothing like I've ever known before!" I interrupt, finishing his sentence. "That's how it was with you!" And every other attractive boy I've seen. He doesn't need to know that part though.

Hans chuckles. "I've never met someone who thinks so much like me. Our mental synchronization can have but one explanation and that's..." He pauses, waiting for me to continue, which I do.

"You and I were just meant to be!" I giggled happily and felt my heart beat faster than speed of light when he started to lean in. "We were both hurt in the past," I continued, my voice dropping into a whisper and my eyes locked to his lips, "but now we can say goodbye to it all. Life can be so much more with you."

"And now can I say something crazy?" He suddenly drops down to one knee before I could respond, disappointing me that he stopped what I believed was going to be my first kiss, but also shocking me when he said: "Will you marry me?"

My jaw drops and my eyes pop. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" I exclaimed as I put a hand over my heart and bounced on my feet. "Can I say something even crazier? YES!" I squealed in delight and felt my cheeks ache in pain from my smile that seemed to get wider and wider.

Hans's face mirrored mine and when he got to his feet, I bring my hands up to cup his face, ready to kiss the hell out of him, but as soon as I started to lean in, a familiar voice reaches my ears, filled with shock.

"Anna?! What in God's name are you doing?!"

I quickly release my hold on Hans's face and the two of us quickly pull away and look over in unison. Standing at the corner of the wall, just a mere feet or two away from where Hans and I stood, with a bewildered expression plastered on her face, was the one person I wanted to see more than anyone else to share my news with.

"Elsa!"

Elsa's POV

I had expected to do as Tooth had suggested. To sit along the wall like a wallflower and watch people dance and happily (more like drunkenly) make fools of themselves. I had expected to find amusement when we walked back to the house. Instead, when we came across Rapunzel, I felt complete and true terror. She said she killed Flynn, and of course...it...it triggered me. I was sent back six years into the past to where I thought I killed Anna. Luckily, I didn't, and lucky for her, she didn't kill Flynn either. It was hard trying not to completely lose my cool, but I think I managed okay.

As of right now though? My grip on my emotions is harder to hold onto than before.

I don't know what to not believe in more. I can't believe any of it. For the fourth time tonight, I am left in nothing but complete shock. The first time was when my aunt agreed to let us come to this party as soon as the football game ended, the second is when Jack and I finally talked things out nearly an hour ago (which already seems like forever ago), the third is when we came across Rapunzel and Flynn's unconscious body, and the fourth is the scene happening right in front of me now with my sister and Hans.

When we left Eret's room to take Flynn to Jack's car, I told the others that I was going to find Anna, so that after we take Flynn to the hospital, Jack can go ahead and take us home as well. I was afraid it was going to take me forever to find her and that I'd have to assemble other individuals to help me, but as soon as Astrid and Merida told me that she went downstairs to look for our cousin, my sister intuition told me that she'd be at the food table. I just didn't think she'd be with a boy. An older boy. An older boy that she was about to kiss. She was cupping his face and was so close to kissing him until I walked in at the perfect time.

No Senior boy should have anything to do with a Sophomore girl, especially when that Senior boy is friends with a bunch of...a bunch of...dickheads. The only one in their friend group who I actually like and who I've actually spoken to is Marianne. The others (Charming, Lancelot, Roland, Macintosh, Lara, Gwen, Chloe, Heather, and Hans) I've not said one word to, but I still do not like them. I feel bad for saying that since I don't actually know them, whereas with Marianne I do know, but from the way the others act in school...I guess you can say I do know them enough to know that I don't like them. Marianne never acts the way they do, but then again...neither does Hans.

He's a gentleman compared to the other boys and it throws me off. How can such a nice person be friends with a bunch of jerks? The same can be said to Marianne. Perhaps it's their nicenest that is forcing them to remain friends with the others. They remain loyal not because they want to but because they have to. Because from what I've heard, both of them were offered a spot in the friend group because of how beautiful they are.

From what the girls have told me, Flynn, Eret, and Jack were offered a spot too, but the three of them turned them down.

Flynn's reasoning was because he knew they were jealous of his good looks and was afraid they were planning his death, Eret's reasoning was because he didn't care at all for their stupid fragile beauty group, and Jack's reasoning was because none of them were fun enough for him.

Others were offered a spot as well, and those who were not, such as Snotlout and Dagur (Heather's brother), are still bitter at not receiving an invitation.

My point is, despite Hans's gentlemanly ways, he gives me the exact same bad vibes as the other boys in his friend group do. He gives me bad vibes that Anna doesn't feel. Not yet at least. Right now she's feeling an entirely different vibe. I feel as though the gentleman act that he shows is exactly just that. An act. It feels fake, and perhaps the reason why I feel so strongly about it is because I know how to act too. I know how to hide myself away from everyone even when I'm out in the public for all to see.

"Elsa," Anna says again, excitedly as she approaches me with Hans's hand locked in hers. "This is Hans." She introduced, even though there was no need for it. "Hans West--"

"Westergard," I interrupt as I stared coldly at the red-headed green eyed boy who was holding hands with my sister. The same sister he's never spoken to at all since we've been attending school. Tonight must be the first time they've ever spoken to each other, so why are they holding hands as though they're a couple. Why were they about to kiss? What are his motives with my sister? Is he out to fulfill his sexual urges? "I'm aware of who he is."

"And I," Hans starts as he removes his hand from my sister's to hold onto mine. I was so shocked by the action that I did nothing but freeze. "Am very well aware of who you are as well." He then brings my hand up and his face down to give my hand a kiss. Rather than a quick kiss, his lips lingered on my hand, and when he finally removed them, he said, as he still held my hand: "It's a pleasure to finally speak to you, Elsa." He said my name so...intimately, so creepily, that it made my stomach churn in discomfort. There was a lustful gleam in his eyes too, and never have I ever been so freaked out before.

I stole a quick glance at Anna, but she was smiling like a child receiving their first puppy. If she noticed my discomfort, which I didn't try to hide, she didn't show it, and when Hans finally released my hand, he stood next to my sister again and hooked his arm through hers, which led to her leaning her head on his shoulder. "Awww," she cooed, "You two are getting along so well. You'll be the best in-laws ever."

I nearly choked on the air that I was breathing when I heard her last sentence. "Wait, what? In-laws?" My eyes narrowed in confusion and my mouth was left slightly agaped. Did I hear her right, or are my ears playing tricks on me? "What are you talking about?"

She and Hans glanced at each other and the two of them giggled like mischievous children who stole the cookies their mother just baked. "We would like your blessing," Anna starts, her eyes never leaving Hans.

I don't know if it's possible, but my eyes felt as though they deepened their narrowing as even more confusion stormed through me. "Blessing? For what?"

She and Hans both giggled again before answering my question at the same time. "Our marriage!" They say in unison as they finally looked back me.

My eyes went wide, almost popping out of my head, and my heart dropped to my stomach, which made my stomach retaliate and jump into my throat. Is she serious? Truly she isn't this stupid. Is that why I found her about to kiss him? Did he just propose to her right then? Oh my god, this can't be happening.

"M-Marriage?" I stammered, hoping, praying that I heard her wrong.

Anna nods her head as she squeals. "Yes!" Looks like I heard her just right.

"I'm sorry, I'm confused-"

"Well," Anna interrupts, "We haven't worked out all the details yet, I mean it literally just happened, and I was so close to kissing him to seal the deal of our engagement before you showed up, which by the way was horrible timing on your part, but..." She started talking in a rush, while I merely blanked out and stared at her in bewilderment. It wasn't until she asked Hans where their honeymoon would be that I snapped out of my surprised daze.

"Anna, no." I tell her, dead serious in the firmest voice I could conjure.

"Wait, what?" Anna looked at me as if I had just crushed her heart, which crushed my own heart. This is the reason why I couldn't say no to her that night six years ago. I didn't want to make her sad. I know better now though. Sometimes, in order to protect people, you need to hurt them.

I took a deep breath and channeled my inner mother. I'm doing this for her own good. I have to be the adult, the big sister here. I can't let her push me around. I'm not going to let her get hurt for the second time simply because I couldn't say no again. "No one is getting married, Anna."

"But-"

"But nothing," I interrupt, hating that this conversation is even happening. I thought Anna was smarter than this. She knows not to talk to strangers. Agreeing to marry someone she doesn't even know should be something she knows too, but apparently not. I noticed the disapproving look on Hans's face and that some bystanders were watching as well.

I didn't like the weight of their eyes on me, nor did I like that I was having my first real fight with my sister who I already have a rocky relationship with. Nervousness took over, and as I twiddled with my hands, I said to Anna: "Look," I quickly took a deep breath in to calm myself. "Can we just...talk about this? Alone."

"No," she snapped, taking me off guard. I could see her grip on Hans tightening. "Whatever you want to say, you can say to the both of us."

"Fine," I say in defeat, my anger at her stupidity rising. "You can't marry a man you just met, especially when you're 15."

"You can if its true love!" She argued. "And I haven't just met him! I've seen him before during school. We even have 6th hour: Music together."

"Are you serious?" I scoffed at her ridiculousness and nearly wanted to laugh. She must be insane. "You've seen him, but you've never spoken to him until tonight. That isn't enough to result to marriage. You've never even been on a date with him. You're also way too young to get married. And true love? What do you know about true love?"

Has she sacrificed herself away because she thought it was a way of protection? No. I did. I did that out of true love for her and Rapunzel. Love doesn't need to be romantic, and if we're only talking about romance then she sure as hell doesn't know what that is either. She's boy crazy and would have said yes to even Snotlout if he had asked her to marry him. She's desperate. She loves the idea of love. She's a helpless romantic, which is completely fine, but she's naive.

"I know more than you!" She declared, her face getting red from anger. "All you know is how to shut people out."

The hardness of my face falls into a sad look of hurt and tears immediately stung my eyes. I quickly composed myself, not wanting her to see just how badly her words wounded me. She's almost on my last nerve, and I know that if I don't get out of here, I'm going to lose it and say something I'll most likely regret.

"Look, you asked for my blessing and my answer is no. I've said what needed to be said." But it still felt like I was holding so much more in. "Now if you'll excuse me." I turn to leave, not caring that the only reason why I was there was so I could retrieve my sister and have Jack take us home. I'll just have on of the girls do it because right now...I can't even look at her. But when her next words reached my ears, I couldn't help but do just that.

"You always run away," She said, and when I looked back at her, she stared at me with the most coldest eyes I have ever seen on her. "Well not this time. This time you're going to listen. Sixteen is the age of consent, and I am nearly there! If I want to get married I can! You can't stop me!"

Her stubbornness finally got to me, and before I could stop myself, my words acted on their own. "How stupid can you possibly be, Anna?! You need an adult's permission to get married this young! Do you really think Aunt Arianna and Uncle Fredric or even our parents are going to agree to this? You are still a child, and you are not ready for this kind of commitment. I honestly don't think you're ready for anything! You're just so willing to jump right into things without thinking of the consequences! You have a brain, Anna, it would be best to use it."

"Elsa," Hans began, "If I could just-"

"No, you may not," I interrupt once more, my voice colder than Anna's eyes. Eyes that tried their best not to spill tears. My own eyes tried to do the same. "I-I think you should go." I tell him. "You've done quite enough."

This boldness I had was doing the opposite of making me bold; it was making me more nervous and shaky, but I knew I couldn't just stop. "The party is over, Anna," and instead of leaving her here like I had thought of doing a moment ago, I thought it best to take her with me again like I had originally planned on doing. I don't want her staying here with him. "We're leaving." I go to grab her arm, but she moved away from me with a teary, hateful look.

"No," she said, "I'm not leaving."

"Yes, you are. As your older sister-"

"You are not my sister."

Those five words hit me so hard that I honestly lost my breath. My body went stiff, my heart broke, and I felt as though I had been stabbed in the heart multiple times.

"You haven't been my sister for years," Anna continued. A tear fell from her left eye and I wanted so badly to wipe it away. "You're nothing more than a stranger who lives under the same roof as me."

"Anna-" I began, my voice shaky, on the verge of crying. Sobbing.

"What did I ever do to you?!" She shouted.

I noticed that there were more people watching us now, and that they had their phones outs. Are they seriously recording this?

"Enough Anna," I tell her, glancing at the nosy crowd, and hoping she would notice that we're both making a scene.

"No!" Anna snapped again. "Why? Why did you shut me out? Why do you shut the world out? What are you so afraid of? I thought everything between us was actually getting better since we've moved here. I thought we were becoming close again."

"We are, Anna," I sounded so sad and desperate and I knew my face showed it too. "But-"

"But what?" She interrupted. "Honestly, Elsa, I think you're just jealous."

"Jealous?" I repeated, confused. "Of what?"

"Of the fact that your younger sister actually has friends and a boyfriend! Fiance actually."

I let out a scoff and rolled my eyes at her ridiculous accusation. Less sad, and more annoyed again now. "I'm not jealous of you, Anna. Don't flatter yourself. If anything, I'm disappointed. I don't care if I don't have any friends, and I especially don't care that I don't have a boyfriend. You want to know why? Because life isn't about boys."

"You don't care about anything," she interjects in a soft, broken voice. She looked away from me, and when her head turned and lowered, I saw Rapunzel behind her amongst the crowd.

Her face expressed immense sadly, and her cheeks were stained. She's crying. I wonder who else is saddened by mine and my sister's quarrel? Or is everyone else just amused by it?

"I care about you," I tell her, so quietly I'm not sure she even heard me. But when she lifts her head up with wide eyes, I knew that she did.

"If that's so," she began, pausing slightly, "then why did you isolate yourself for the last 6 years? It doesn't feel like you care about me at all. If you truly do, then you'd bless this marriage."

My head started to hurt and I rubbed my temples. "Anna, even if I wanted to, I can't. I'm not 18 yet. I'm also not your guardian. And I wouldn't bother asking Aunt Arianna or Uncle Frederic either. They'll just say no as I did."

"Then we'll go out of state," Anna declared, her tone dead serious. I glanced at Hans to see his reaction. He was trying not to smile. He must love this idea. "We'll find a place that'll marry us without parental permission. Or better yet, we'll just elope."

My head was throbbing now, and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep the rest of the weekend away. With tears that have yet to fall still lingering in my eyes, and with a heavy heart, I said: "If you're so desperate and stupid to marry him that you'd go all the way out of state to do it then...Then leave."

I regretted saying this immediately. Anna's eyes went wide with shock, her jaw slightly dropped, and it looked as though her body had went limp. She looked like she wanted to say something, but no words could find their way out. I couldn't find my words as well. Guilt and shame filled up my entire being; I couldn't look her in the eye. My guilt couldn't let me stand to even be around her. I'm so ashamed. I should've just walked away as soon as our voices got loud. God, I never should have let our argument get this far.

Without another word, I turned around and walked out, knowing that Rapunzel would follow and that Anna would stay. Looks like I'm leaving her here after all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 16.1K 48
Each chapter is a separate story (unless otherwise stated)! ✓ COVER BY: @SummerSnowQueen © 2015-2018 KʀʏᴘᴛɪCᴀᴛ Aʟʟ Rɪɢʜᴛs Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ
110K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
245K 8.6K 27
This is my FanFiction of the Miraculous ladybug break dance AU. I never have written a miraculous ladybug FanFiction. So yeah here it is! I do not o...
27.1K 748 43
Set after the events of Pixar's 2023 film Elemental, a fiery and determined Ember Lumen and go-with-the-flow Wade Ripple start their new lives in the...