Afterlife ✧ kol mikaelson [2]...

By -chosenone

In which the angel moves to New Orleans, trying to move on from her former love. ►►► [seasons 2 & 3 of the o... More

summary
prologue
part one
01. we're together now
02. pretty girl
03. proposition
04. show off
about me :)
05. the feeling
06. a trip down memory lane
07. stuck in the middle
08. she's my family now
10. space between us
11. the power of love
12. everything is not as it seems
13. it'll break you
14. you'll be okay
15. who are you?
part two
16. day one hundred and ninety
17. i see her
18. nobody needs me
19. now or never
20. never leave me again
21. you ruined my life
22. take a joke vampy
23. a threat to everyone
24. i don't wanna die here
25. see you around
about me part 2!!
26. give 'em hell
27. you chose the wrong side
28. sending my love
BOOK THREE (republished)

09. promises

6.6K 179 50
By -chosenone

the originals ( s2, e9: the map of the moments )

*5+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*
____________

BROTHER AND SISTER bonding was something the two Summer twins didn't have time for lately. They were dealing with witches, vampires, and werewolves; simply no time for just two angels. However, after getting a call from Davina saying for them to meet up at the Mikaelson place, their peace came crumbling down.

"Are you going to stay down here?" Asher asked once they were only a couple blocks away from the mansion. "Like, the council wants you back since Kol has done his part in your life."

She looked up at the bright blue sky and remembered her childhood up in heaven. "I do miss it, but my life is down here now."

Asher shoved his hands in his pockets and sighed, "They won't be too happy with that decision."

Ariel couldn't think of that right now, it would be a problem later.

+++

The four of them (Asher liked to call them the 'kickass crew) looked through the drawers of Klaus' bedroom. He and Hayley went out of town so this was their perfect chance to get the diamond Kol needed.

Ariel was rummaging through drawers and immediately gagged when she noticed it was Klaus' underwear drawer. She moved up one and sighed in relief when it was just his shirts (mostly black ones). Her hands came across a rectangular structure; she pulled it out to see a picture taken from the 1900's. Marcel, Rebekah, Kol, Klaus, and Elijah were all in it.

"Aw babe look what I found," Ariel smiled and held it up for everyone to see.

Davina came up to her and took the picture. "That was you back then?"

"Was a lot better looking back then," Kol jokingly said. He missed his old body and missed being a vampire.

"I agree," Asher commented on his statement. Everyone looked at him, which caused the Summers twin to mumble a quick 'I was joking'.

Ariel looked at the picture again, her fingers trailing across Rebekah's figure. "I miss Bekah, she was like a sister to me."

"You never talk about her," Davina says to Kol. "What's she like?"

"She was always their girl," he starts out with, referring to Klaus and Elijah. "Rebekah did me solid once though, back in Christmas 1914."

+++

"Where are you going?"

Kol stopped in the doorway, knowing that he was caught. He slowly turned around to face his girlfriend with a look of 'wtf' on her face.

"Whatever I'm following you," Ariel grabbed her jacket and put it on; she motioned for Kol to start walking.

Turns out they were walking to the Mikaelson mansion yet again because Kol had made a deal with Marcel: he helps find a body for Rebekah, Marcel will give him the Folean diamond from 1914.

"Done! As per your request," Kol announces once they enter the quarter. "Miss Angelica Barker. Good cheekbones and a tummy you can bounce a quarter off! She will be Rebekah's new host body, instead of Cami."

Davina, Asher, Marcel were there already; Cami ascended from the stairs soon after hearing her name.

"Who's Angelica Barker?" Davina asks, looking up at Kol.

"One of my vampire potentials," Marcel speaks up. "Had to turn her down. She was too lost."

Cami's expression turns to nervousness, her voice a little shaky when she says, "Does she know what'll happen to her?"

"It's better when they don't know, love," Kol told her the straight up truth.

Marcel sighs at his comment. "Hopefully, we won't have to use her."

"I'm not so sure about that," Ariel crossed her arms and looked at Marcel. "Esther is quite something, a bitch matter of fact."

Kol nodded at her words and added on, "Which is why I've got to ask something else of you."

"You're already getting the diamond," Marcel rolls his eyes and looked up at the Mikaelson.

"Which I'm thrilled about," Kol reassures him. "But for me to help you, I need access to my mother's hourglass...which is in the Lycee. With my mother."

"So?" Marcel was getting agitated, everyone could tell.

"I haven't been back in a while. The only way she won't suspect me is if I bring back the thing I was sent to find."

Asher steps forward a little and questions his sister's boyfriend. "And what is that thing?"

Kol stays silent for a moment, knowing they aren't going to like this. "The white oak stake."

"Are you out of your mind?" Marcel yells at him.

Asher shakes his head while Davina gives him a glare, "Kaleb."

Kol felt everyone's eyes on him and he knew he needed to reason with them quickly, "It's the only way she's gonna trust me. She doesn't want to kill them, she wants to make sure the weapon doesn't fall in the wrong hands." Marcel still doesn't agree, but Kol turns back to him, "I swear, soon as she's gone, I'll give it right back to Klaus."

"Like hell you will," Marcel says and backs away. "Deals off."

Ariel was about to stand up for him, but a certain hybrid stops her. "Kol."

Klaus emerges from the darkness and walks up to his brother, "Whatever grudges you hold against me...we are doing this for the good of our family. Do I have your word that for once you will honor that?"

Kol nods his head. "You have my word, Nik. I swear on the fate of us all."

"I'll get the stake."

+++

Ariel was waiting outside the Lycee, waiting to see if anything went wrong. She would attack, but that was if everything else failed. She was on top of a crypt when they saw the three of them go out into the mini courtyard in the cemetery. Ariel saw Rebekah and didn't realize until then how much she had missed her.

"Something's wrong," Ariel whispers to herself as she listens into the conversation.

Ariel stops and catches parts of their conversation. She gets from those parts that Esther is going to destroy Rebekah's body. Did Kol know about this? "This wasn't the plan."

"Mother!" Klaus yells from the roof next to them. He motions for the Summers angel to get down too. They were going to need all the power they could get. "Stop the spell. You and your traitorous son."

"Nik, I didn't know anything about it, I swear," Kol says, but he mainly looks at Ariel while he talks.

"Oh good," Esther smiles at her sons. "I'm glad you two boys are friends again. I did wonder what you'd been up to in your time away. Now, I know."

Ariel starts to run up to Kol, but Rebekah pulls her back. Klaus comes up from behind them, "Stop the blasted spell."

"I'm afraid that's impossible," Esther tells them.

"Anything is possible, take me instead." Before Klaus can even step forward, Rebekah grabs him.

Ariel takes this chance and runs over to Kol. He wraps his arms around her and sighs, thankful she didn't do anything stupid. "I want to kill her."

Esther heard the angel's comment, but kept her focus on her children. "If only you'd taken my offer when it was still mine to give. Unfortunately, you left me no choice but to make a deal with Mikael."

"Mikael? Rebekah asks in disbelief.

Everyone looks around at each other; that was the last thing they expected. Mikael was a complete monster from what Ariel hast witnessed/the stories Kol has told her.

Esther turns to Ariel and Kol, "When Finn and Kol went missing, I needed a new ally. All he wanted was the right to kill you."

"Wow...mother of the year," Ariel mumbled which earned a smirk from Kol.

Esther continued, "Kol, I would ask you to deliver the stake to your father...but it seems your loyalties have been compromised."

Klaus was slowly walking away, but turns back around with a look of pure rage on his face. "Stop the spell, Esther!"

"It's okay, Nik," Rebekah tells him. "I can do this."

Ariel shook her head, "No! Bekah, we just got you back."

Rebekah was about to say something to her, but Kol screamed "Now!" The hour glass was almost empty, so Klaus came forward and stabbed Esther in the neck. She fell to the ground, but also had a sly smile on her face that caused goosebumps creep up Ariel's arms. Rebekah then passed out, Klaus catching her in time. Kol brought Ariel behind him when the hour glass shattered, pieces scattered everywhere across the cement ground.

Ariel looked up at Rebekah and saw the look on Klaus' face; the spell still went on. She walked over to her and brushed her golden blonde hair out of her face, "May we meet again."

+++

"You're happy," Ariel nudged her boyfriend as they were walking through the streets of New Orleans.

"Remember how I said that Rebekah had done me a solid back in 1914? Swore she hadn't told Klaus that I was taking the diamond back?" she nodded and Kol stopped them by a park. "I was actually being a bit facetious."

Kol then told the story of how he got daggered as they continued to walk again. "I've owed her one for a century. Today I got to repay that favor. Oh, don't worry, angel. I'm not gonna hurt her, I know how much you care for her. I didn't exactly prep Angela Barker either."

"My god Kol who did you prep then?" Ariel rolled her eyes at his antics. Her eyes then widened when she came to a realization, "That's why you didn't want me to come in; said 'I would get hurt'."

"Yes, you are correct, but there's another story," Kol tells her. "You see, Klaus didn't just punish me for stealing the diamond. He also punished my witch friends. Locking them in the Dowager Fauline Cottage. Over the decades, it's become quite a catch-all for an assortment of odd birds of the witchy variety. I'm sure Rebekah will be very comfortable in a prison created by Klaus."

Ariel stopped him and stepped in front of him, "You didn't. Please tell me you didn't just do that."

"Oh I did," Kol smirks. He reaches into his pocket and takes out the diamond to show Ariel. "Besides, with Rebekah missing, Klaus will be occupied, so all of us can finish what we started."

Ariel took the diamond and spun it around her fingers; it was beautiful, the biggest one she has ever seen. She looked back up at him, "You swear she's safe?"

"Yes," Kol took the diamond back and put it in his pocket. "Seeing as this is the best day I've had in a while, I've got something for you."

Ariel looked at him curiously. "Close your eyes."

She did as told and shut her eyelids. She then felt a cool, metal ring slip around her finger. Ariel opened her eyes and almost screamed in joy of the beautiful ring he put on her. A good size pink pearl was planted on a golden band.

"It's a promise ring," Kol brought his hands to her cheeks. "I promise to always love you, cherish you, and to never leave you."

Ariel felt a tear slip out of her eye. In that moment, she knew that she could never leave this man, this wonderful human being. The love she had for Kol Mikaelson consumed her.

"I love it. Thank you so much."

Ariel closed the gap in between them and kissed his perfectly pink lips. The lights of the city enveloped them into their little peace time they had left because soon, that would all diminish.

+++

ahh I love kariel so muchhhh. sorry for the long ass wait, but I finally got inspiration lol.

make sure to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 20.2K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
787 50 15
Rebekah is visited by two witches, who give her impossible news that will change her life forever. And forever is a very long time. The Originals S...
19.2K 209 74
"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" "The Original Family" After Stefan gave himself over to Klaus to save his brother, Ariel and Elena work to find...
3.3K 33 8
a the originals fan fiction [ SEASON 1 ONWARDS ] - on hold The beginning of a legacy he never knew he had and a continuation of his bloodline • all r...