Chat Mates Again

By kimpyvon

They say distance is just a number, and when someone means so much, no matter how far, it would not matter. H... More

Previously on Chat Mate
A/N
one: start of something new
two: alpha & beta
three: double t
four: me and the really pink house
five: a dungeon of wolves
six: ok hotshot, what else u got
seven: why can't i have my twinkies
nine: change the system
ten: show 'em the big guns
eleven: tension
twelve: belle of the ball

eight: building connections

372 17 1
By kimpyvon

♡ Kim ♡

The few other initiations were pretty easy. With Justin by my side, I passed Alpha house with flying colors. I'm quite happy I won't have to deal with my annoying room mate anymore. There were rumors though- about me getting in with my connections. Most especially from the other girls. I mean, I'm not affected because they are a bit true. 

Practice is going smoothly. As always, the Alpha house are throwing all the big guns. The fireworks, the glitter, you know how it is. Anyway, with my deal with the Beta house, it's super difficult to secretly communicate with other members. I have to sneak out of the house all the time but it worked fine, thankfully.

I waltzed my way out of the sickenly sweet pink house, and into the patchy road. I walked towards our neighborint house, Omega, knocked on their doors, and was greeted by an all-smiles woman. You see, my strategy here is to try to think of anyone who could beat Alpha in terms of popularity. Beta house is a given, but due to their "loyalty" to the Alpha house, they can't contradict them just yet.

So for now, we plan on meeting with the next best thing, the Omega house. The Omega house are really creative people. They have the best props, the best costumes, and they are awfully talented. However, through the years, they never bothered joining the talent show because of Alpha. All their "art" as overshadowed by the glitz and glamor.

Hence the fact that people are really superficial beings.

"Hi there." The woman enthusiastically greeted, before recognizing me from the Alpha house.

Her forehead creased in confusion as to why the hell I'm there.

"Can I help you?"

"It's Kim." I sheepishly replied, holding out my hand for her to shake. She stared at it for a while before gingerly shaking it. "You must be thinking, what someone like me is doing in front of your doorstep..."

"Yeah, I'm actually thinking that." Her smile softens, "Come on in. Have a cup of tea."

I get inside and settle in one of their couches there by the fireplace. The ambiance of the entire house is so much different from Alpha. Everything is rustic, made with wood, artworks hung in every corner of the place. It's like I'm in Europe, and I really like it. The woman settles on the couch across me.

"I'm sorry I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Marielle. The president of this house."

My eyeballs literally felt like popping out. I'm talking to the president? I didn't even realise it because of how down-to-earth she looked. Oh, the stark contrast of Marielle and Nicole. I really feel in tune with Marielle though. She's so much nicer than Nicole and Jennifer.

"Wow, where are my manners though. Hi Marielle. Is it okay if I get straight to the point?" 

She laughs at me. "That's exactly what I was thinking. So what's up?"

"Okay, so the talent show is coming up and I was just thinking, how your practice is coming along -"

Before I could even finish, someone from the background snorted. I turn to see a guy, who looks dark and brooding. He gave me the once over and rolled his eyes at the sight of me.

"What, come to gloat about your house?"

"Excuse me? Are you even supposed to be in this conversation?" I snapped at the rude boy.

"I think you're the rude one here, Ms. Trespasser."

"Give it up, Bryan." Marielle sighed, then she turns to me. "Kim, right? Well, you see, we stopped joining the talent show since... three years ago."

"Yeah, your house basically sabotaged our performance for two consecutive years."

"He's right. We can't join a competition where our talents are not appreciated enough. The judges are easily bribed, and it doesn't make sense anymore, for us, who are very passionate about art. So I'm sorry, Kim. There is no way you can convince our house to join anymore."  

Marielle gave me a sympathetic smile, and I can see why she's hurt about what happened before.

"Really? I'm so sorry, I have no idea. But if you can hear me out. To be honest, I'm not here, speaking for the Alpha house. I know this doesn't make sense but, let's just say, me and other houses wanted to bring forth change this year..." I trailed off nervously. 

"How can we even trust you? Marielle, don't believe her. I bet she's in on this or this must be some kind of initiation."

"Excuse me Bryan, but, why are you such a bitch?"

Marielle actually laughed at this, and as Bryan was about to retort, she raised her hand to let her speak.

"Go on, Kim."

  "Beta house is out, and they're actually giving way to you guys by not joining this year... We really wanted change and, staking your claim and rightful throne by owning that performance is the only way we know how." I finished. "I know this doesn't make sense, but you have to trust me and the boys. I think it's also time for you guys to bring back justice, right?"

Marielle actually exchanged glances with Bryan before turning back to me.

"We'll get back to you on that. Is that okay?" 

"Yes, of course. Thank you for reconsidering."

"If we do find out you're bluffing, and this is all a joke, I swear to god, you are so dead." Bryan hissed.

I glared at him and was about to say goodbye when Marielle interrupted me. She held my shoulder with a teasing smile.

"Say, why don't you perform with us during the talent show?"

"Um, what? But the Alpha...."

"Ops, if you really want to help us then, this should be a piece of cake." Bryan is obviously testing my guts.

I considered this for a moment and nodded my head. "I'll try to find a way."

Bryan raised his brow at me but I ignored him. As I was walking back to the Alpha house, I spotted Justin jogging. He smiled at me, and I waved gingerly.

He stopped, and greeted me.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Did you talk to her?"

"If you mean Marielle, yes I've talked to her."

"And?"

"She wants me in the performance. That's like TOTAL SUICIDE MODE. The Alpha sisters will see me if I perform there." I scowled.

Justin thought about this for a moment then there was a twinkle on his eyes.

"They don't have to know it's you..."

"What do you mean?"

He just grinned widely and told me his plan. After which, we went back to the Omega house and told everyone our plan.

The funny thing is, they actually convinced Justin to join in too. Ha! Looks like I'm not the only one then.

--

The day of the competition, I'm wearing a bodycon gold dress, and getting my makeup done. We are the first performance of the night because we won last year. It's tradition.

We made a rendition of "Run the World," and "Work Bitch" by Beyonce and Britney Spears.

As always, performances from the Alpha sisters are flashy, and ... flashy. The Beta guys are up next. They were dancing to Future and Eminem. No less, flashy as well.

I checked my phone a few times if Troy chatted me, but to no avail. I don't have any signal. Dammit. It's been a while and I missed him.

I find myself watching the boys instead. My palms are sweaty, my hands are shaking. I spotted Marielle and the Omega house from the backstage. Marielle winks at me while, Bryan scoffs at me. Geez, what is his problem? They're already in their costumes. This is the day everything is about to change.

I don't know why, but my eyes focused on Justin. Damn, the boy can dance, alright. And there's this boyish charm surrounding him, no doubt lots of girls like him.

I didn't notice my surroundings, until I heard Jennifer speak.

"He's cute huh?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You've been staring at Justin for a while now."

"I just thought he can dance, that's all."

"Mhm. Just a warning. That's Nicole's ex you're messing with. He's off limits, hun. No Alpha girl can get close to him. Unless you want to taste Nicole's wrath..."

"Like I said, I have a boyfriend. Justin is just my friend." I interjected once more.

She looks at me in disbelief, and shrugs her shoulders.

"Whatever you say." I hear her mutter.

After the performance, I saw Justin look at me. He nodded at me, and I know that's our cue.

Okay, time to switch to the other side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
323K 8.9K 29
Lilly has the four best friends. Carter, Adam, Ian, and David. When she's twelve, she moves away so her mom can follow a boyfriend she's had for only...
17.5K 577 24
Ellie returns back to home after four years at UCLA. She has come back a completely different person and everyone is really happy to see her again. ...
251 92 24
When she finds out that she has to move to New York, Sarah's life begins to change. Now, she has to leave all her friends behind and start all over a...