Caskett: Never Ending Love

By MyCastle47

This is a series of one-shots consisting of random ideas, and it's just a lovely way to describe the wonderfu... More

1: It All Started
2: I Will Always Love You
3: Dollhouse
4: Control of the Knife
5: Boys Lie
6: It's About Time
7: That's So Us
8: Only Human
9: Only Human (part 2)
10: Life Got Cold
11: Fight On
12: I Won't Break
13: Partners In Crime
14: Your Song
15: Zombie
16: The Edge Of Glory
17: Still The Same
18: Something New
19: Prime
20: Remedy
21: LoveGame
22: Bright
23: Don't Talk About This Love
24: Fetish
25: Fetish (Part 2)
26: Close To Love
28: What's in it For Me
29: Endless Love
30: Endless Love (Part 2)
31: Hurts Like Hell
32: Hurts Like Hell (Part 2)
33: Know It All
34: Treat You Better

27: Close to Love (Part 2)

209 5 1
By MyCastle47

Previously on Close to Love...

"Always." He replied matching her smile. They stared intently into each other's eyes and Rick leaned in only to stop and advert from her lips, to place a gentle kiss on her cheek before turning and walking away.

As much as Kate wanted him to kiss her, she was thankful he didn't because she was still a little emotional over the ordeal with Josh, and a kiss on the lips would only make things worse.

If she hadn't gone on that ride then she'd definitely want more than a kiss from him tonight. But for now, and in that moment she was thankful for him being in her life, and couldn't have asked for a better night.

///

About a week later, Kate's fish was still alive, and so was her crush on Rick. Which would obviously never go away. She had just woken up during the second week of her summer vacation when a text from Rick popped up on her screen. Her heart fluttered in her chest as her thumb hovered over the text. He had said: Good morning! How's the fish doing? I would say see you at noon when we originally planned to meet, but I've been running a fever since the weekend. I was hoping it would go away but it didn't. I'm sorry Kate.

Are you kidding me? Kate thought. Why did he have to be sick now? He was pretty much her best friend aside from some of her girlfriend's which she rarely hung out with. But then an idea popped into her head. Should she? Could she? What if he said no? That would devastate her. She would think that he didn't want her and that would make her scared to face him again. But she decided to push through the fear and the anxiety and picked up her phone. In her response to his text she said: Hey, it's ok that we can't do what we originally planned for today but I was wondering if maybe you wanted me to come over and keep you company? I could even bring soup! No pressure though.

She pressed send and her heart felt like it was going to stop while waiting in anticipation for his answer. He was going to say no, she just knew it. But what felt like years of waiting in agony was only a mere minute or two. He replied. She carefully read the reply: I would love the company, and the soup, as long as it's chicken noodle!

Yep, that was her Rick. She couldn't help but laugh to herself as she got off of her phone and headed to her closet. It was rather chilly outside so she put on a pair of her black leggings (which deep down she knew Rick would appreciate) and a light dusty rose sweater. She hurried and did her skin and hair routine. She had showered last night so she didn't think it was necessary. She pulled on a pair a shoes and left her house, on the way to the store to buy Rick some chicken noodle soup.

When she entered the store she went straight to the counter where she bought some fresh soup. She roamed around a little bit, wondering what else would put a smile on his beautiful face. She grabbed some of his favorite candy and a cute little stuffed animal with a get well soon balloon. She paid for those and then with a little pep in her step headed for Rick's loft. On the way there she thought of his face when he answered the door and saw her with all this stuff for him. Would he think it was too much? Would he think she was annoying? As she shook all these thoughts away she entered his building. On the elevator ride up she tapped her foot nervously. When the ding rang and the doors opened she hurried down his hallway and raised her fist to knock but hesitated.

As all the negative thoughts flew back in she counted to three and did it anyways. She knocked lightly three times. She heard some shuffling from the other side of the door and her heart rate increased. This was it.

Rick opened the door with a smile on his face and it only grew the moment he laid eyes on her. His heart expanded three sizes when he saw her standing there in comfy clothes with more than just chicken noodle soup for him. And he was so very thankful.

Once she met Rick's eyes, every insecurity disappeared and was replaced with thoughts of a life together with him. She felt slightly embarrassed as he looked at her and everything that was in her hands but she knew that it was all because she wanted to be enough for him.

"Kate, hi." He said with a voice that was vanishing because of his cold.

"Hi." She said hesitantly walking into his loft. Surprisingly after all of their time together being friends she had never been inside his house. They had always gone somewhere to hang out or it would be at her house. It's not like he didn't want her over, it's just that it never worked out that way.

"Welcome to casa de Rick!" he said hoarsely.

"Oh no, your voice!" Kate said with a frown.

"It's alright, it's better than it was this morning. Hopefully the yummy soup I smell will make it go away."

"Definitely." Kate giggled. The two headed into the kitchen and Kate poured the soup into a bowl for her best friend. They went into his room and each sat down on his bed with their backs against his wall and talked while he ate his soup.

"You never did tell me how Speckles is doing." He said randomly interrupting their comfortable silence.

"Oh he's good. Still kickin'. I'm thinking about getting him a bigger tank."

"Oh you totally should! We could go shopping together for him, obviously when I'm not sick." He joked.

"Sounds good." They then fell into another bout of silence, not awkward of course.

Rick finished his soup and sat his bowl down on his bedside table and then turned to Kate smiling.

"You know what?" he asked.

"What?" she answered, biting her lower lip anxious and excited all at the same time.

"Nah, nevermind." He said blushing.

"What? You're blushing! ha! Now you absolutely have to tell me!" She said playfully pushing his shoulder with her own.

"Nooo! Just forget I said anything." He said covering his face, hiding from her. NOt wanting her to see through his façade.

"Fine, I'll-I'll tell you a secret if you tell me what you were going to say." She teased.

"Katherine Beckett," Castle said pretend offended, "you keep secrets from me? You're supposed to be my best friend!"

"It's something I haven't told anyone, and if I'm honest I'm scared to even tell you."

"What why?" Rick's playfulness suddenly turned to concern and his blue eyes turned a little glossy, "Is it because you don't trust me?"

"No, no!" Kate quickly intervened, "It's not that-"

"Do you think I'll judge you?" he interrupted.

"No! I-I just..." She paused not knowing how to continue, her own eyes becoming teary as she realized how much doubt she accidentally just put into their relationship. She heard Rick sigh and felt him shuffle closer to her, so their shoulders and thighs were touching.

"I don't know how you think I'll react, or-or how ugly you think this conversation could turn but I love you Kate and I--fuck..."

"You what?" Kate asked trying to meet his eyes, stunned and shocked and not knowing how to react.

"I-I said-I-"

"You said you loved me..." Kate spoke in a whisper of disbelief.

"Yeah," Rick sighed upset with himself, afraid she was going to run, "I did, didn't I..."

"Well, do you not mean it?" Kate asked surprised at his behavior and seeming shame in admitting it. Had he meant it platonically? Wow, she thought, she was real stupid thinking he could care about her more than a friend, but before Rick could answer she said, "I should-I should go." She said hurrying off his bed and turning her back to him to hide her oncoming tears.

"Kate wait!" Rick said scurrying up and grabbing arm, but not turning her to face him. He wouldn't force her to do anything she didn't want to do, "please don't leave."

Silence.

"Can we talk about this?"

Silence.

"You asked me if I meant it? Well I-I do. It's just-"

"You do?" Kate tensed and turned around cheeks wet, but tears done falling.

"Of course I do, Kate. How could I not be in love with you. We've known each other for years now and all this time being friends with you really made me fall in love with you. I mean come on! You're gorgeous, you're smart, kind, funny. You're the whole package! This isn't exactly the way I wanted you to find out but it works, it works. As long as you feel the same?" He stopped, gave her room to breathe, taking in a deep breath or two, his eyes fearful of her potential rejection.

"Rick, I...I love you too."

"Really!" He asked in awe.

"Yeah." She replied nodding her head.

"Can I-can I kiss you?" He began, "Wait, I'm sick." He pouted.

"I don't care, kiss me Rick. Kiss me." She shyly stated. Rick smiled at her shyness and thought it was cute. He then slowly leaned in and kissed her lips softly. Kate pulled away after a few seconds after their lips touched. She didn't do it because she didn't want the kiss she did it because it felt so electrifying it almost shocked her. As she pulled away she covered her face with her hands, embarrassed at herself because it was her first kiss.

"Why'd you pull away? Was it bad?" Rick asked worried. Kate just laughed.

"Of course not, no!" She quickly said turning serious, "It's just I- this is the first time I've ever kissed someone and I never-never expected it to be this-this..."

"Extraordinary?"            

"Yeah." She sighed contently.

"Do you wanna do it again." Rick asked shyly. Instead of responding Kate just leaned in and kissed him softly one more time. It was short and sweet and everything she could've wished for. When they pulled apart they let their foreheads lay against one another and just breathed in each other's scents. It was calming for the both of them after all the build up.

"I should've told you sooner." Rick confessed.

"Why do you say that?"Kate curiously asked.

"Because if this was the result I would've told you the day I met you." He chuckled.

"How-how long have you felt that way about me?" She asked as they sat back down next to each other on the bed.

"For a while now, I've liked you since the dance when we went as friends. I was hopi it would turn into more but then-"

"Then I danced with Tom..."

"And left me for the rest of the night." Rick finished looking glum.

"I am so sorry, I only danced with him because I was scared you would say no if I asked to dance with you."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"Sounds like a big misunderstanding."

"Yeah, but look where we are now."

"Together." Rick stated, confident in his answer.

"Together." Kate smiled thinking the same.

She then laid her head on her shoulder and his head on top of hers. Soon they both fell asleep. Sure they would have knots in their necks by the time they woke, but they wouldn't care because they were together. As long as they were together nothing could rain on their parade.

Ok I want to personally apologize for not updating regularly. I want to tell you guys that I have not forgotten about this story and have some more written so as to avoids another kind delay like this. Please read and like and I'll try and update more regularly with my stressed life right now *laughs mervosuly*

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4K 74
Just a collection of one shots, please leave suggestions in the comments or msg me :) Disclaimer! I don't own any of the characters in these stories...
20.8K 767 34
Kate Beckett is a homicide detective who is in a relationship with Josh Davidson. Although Josh is an abuser. He hurts Beckett. Will the ruggedly han...
1.6K 53 4
"I was listening to 'Sorry' by Halsey and it made me remember of season 4 of Castle. So I was thinking could u do a oneshot based on this music?"...
68K 2.2K 45
Kate Beckett and Richard Castle are two spies from different organisations and their jobs are pretty much to kill people who their bosses tells them...